AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16) Rating
Perfect 10 67 68.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 11.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-03, 22:42   Link #721
Blarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Erika is right about Tatsuya being the demon lord; Bet Tatsuya is going to be the final boss. He'll get brainwash by the Black Sage and Its up to our daring "Heroes" to save the world.
Reminded me of similar 4 chan discussion
Spoiler for last boss:
Blarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 23:00   Link #722
millie10468

Syokool, the Spanish translator, just dropped some confirmations and a few clarifications on his site's chatboard and an anon kindly collected them.

Credit: Syokool and anon

Spoiler for a few clarifications:

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 23:07   Link #723
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie10468 View Post
Syokool, the Spanish translator, just dropped some confirmations and a few clarifications on his site's chatboard and an anon kindly collected them.

Credit: Syokool and anon

Spoiler for a few clarifications:
Thanks you for sharing, so it is true that Maya said, "Tatsuya is his son.", but it may still be "lie". Maybe, Satou makes it vague because he may be really considering Miyuki x Tatsuya as a possible ending. And, for the issue with number of volumes, Satou is either planning to end Mahouka as soon as possible, or he may be planning for the second season.

Seems like, they bash Tatsuya until they witness his Baryon Lance. (Baryon Bust or whatever the name is.)
Based on the previous spoiler, Tatsuya told Shibata that decomposition would be more than enough to handle Shibata and his two guardians, and he wouldn't need this new magic to defeat them. Just like what I expected, this new magic became an invitation letter for Tatsuya.

By the way, does Syokool already get the copy of vol.16? That is fast!!!

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2015-05-03 at 23:32.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 23:11   Link #724
Armando99

There is going to be a lot of excitement to be had in the last few volumes, if it will end at 20 volumes.

There are going to be quite a few plot lines that are not going to be resolved, specially those that has little relevance to the main plot.

One thing to keep in mind is that this is a high school student's (and his sister) story and the timeline associated with high school is not long enough to address what everyone is complaining about. This brings us to the issue of a sequel.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 00:22   Link #725
TrueAlchemist

This is another spoiler from Syokool by anon at 4chan

Spoiler for Spoiler by Syokool:

Seems like, the spoiler that I found, was true even though it lacked details.
Old 2015-05-04, 00:31   Link #726
Abysmalheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
This is another spoiler from Syokool by anon at 4chan

Spoiler for Spoiler by Syokool:

Seems like, the spoiler that I found, was true even though it lacked details.
The spoilers lack soo much detail maybe later on we will get them.
Abysmalheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 01:00   Link #727
pampz21
ShipCore

@True do you think I should believe Maya being Tatsuya's biological mother or can we postpone that till we get further info in vol. 17; according to some; we dont know if Maya was telling a lie or the truth. There are some theory proving it but its a little bit early for revealing the incest route.

Fuck Iam confused; Satroll has outdone me in this vol. I cant see where this is going. I was thinking of the possible Rozen arc but just as I expected that would be in the first half of their 3rd year as; we can expect the 10mc election/Objection of the fiance announcement would be the focus of next vol.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2015-05-04 at 01:26.
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 01:09   Link #728
Abysmalheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
@True do you think I should believe Maya being Tatsuya's biological mother or can we postpone that till we get further info in vol. 17; according to some; we dont know if Maya wad telling a lie or the truth. There are some theory proving it but its a little bit early for revealing the incest route.

Fuck Iam confused; Satroll has outdone me in this vol. I cant see where this is going. I was thinking of the possible Rozen arc but just as I expected that would be in the first half of their 3rd year as; we can expect the 10mc election/Objection of the fiance announcement would be the focus of next vol.
we all are having our doubts with lack of details but we know the main points(some of them that is) for now we can only go from what we have and keep looking for more.
Old 2015-05-04, 01:20   Link #729
TrueAlchemist

@pampz21 I think, it is confirmed that Maya pulled Darth Vader on Tatsuya. But, it is also confirmed that Tatsuya questions about Maya's words. I think, this information came from one scanned page from 2chan, but fortunately actual translator got vol.16, so I think, we should wait for Syokool's summary.

Besides Miyuki, I do not know how Satou is planning to wrap everything in 4 volumes.
Personally, I think Satou is planning to bring back Zhou or at least his master, Black Sage during 10MC event; the author hinted us that Saegusa and Black Sage may have been doing something fishy, and Black Sage will use it to blackmail and manipulate Saegusa. And, I think, there is a reason why Lina is showing up now. Maybe, it is related to Hliðskjálf. In addition, if the author managed to combine Rozen into this chaos without ruining his story, I will be very impressed and satisfied.
Old 2015-05-04, 01:22   Link #730
IceHism

so it seems volume 20 is the end. Does that mean we are not getting tatsuya and miyuki's 3rd year?
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 01:26   Link #731
TrueAlchemist

@IceHism based on the person who provided the first spoiler, it also included spoiler related to preview of vol.17. It only said, students are distancing themselves from Shiba siblings. So, I am assuming, they are going back to the school. And, we haven't seen any additional spoiler related to the preview of vol.17, so we may need a little bit more on preview pages at the end of vol.16.
Old 2015-05-04, 01:27   Link #732
Abysmalheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
so it seems volume 20 is the end. Does that mean we are not getting tatsuya and miyuki's 3rd year?
The series title is a hint to what the authors has in store for this series do yeah we will see 3rd year.
Old 2015-05-04, 01:29   Link #733
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
We will. They are already finishing up their second year by the time of the Inheritance Arc. There will be 3 more volumes after that so there's plenty of time to finish their high school life.

It is after all a story about a high school student and his "sister".
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 01:36   Link #734
Mentar
Banned

Hm.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but even though I'm a huge Miyuki shipper (I really only want the best for her, and to be happy - though that does not necessarily mean ending up with Tatsuya), this kind of development is sitting very wrong with me. This whole "bred to be a fiancee for Tatsuya" with Tatsuya being emotionally destroyed and imprinted on Miyuki business... yuck. Feels forced as hell and creepy to me.

I also suspect that this is not the last word in the matter. Usually the "romantic resolution" of the main characters is something for the ending volume(s).

We'll see.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 01:38   Link #735
TrueAlchemist

There is a spoiler on Tatsuya's new magic from anon.
Spoiler for New Magic:

@Mentar you are not the only one. In some way, Miyuki is also a tool for Maya from the very beginning along with Miya because the surgery also damaged her emotion.

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2015-05-04 at 01:49. Reason: more detailed on what happen when he demonstrated the magic
Old 2015-05-04, 01:54   Link #736
Abysmalheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
There is a spoiler on Tatsuya's new magic from anon.
Spoiler for New Magic:

@Mentar you are not the only one. In some way, Miyuki is also a tool for Maya from the very beginning along with Miya because the surgery also damaged her emotion.
Kudo mentions that the yotsuba don't hesitate to use their own and I believe that this is among the things that will change as the story progresses like the way magicians are treated.
I am not sure but it is in the realm of speculation that tatsuya will be the change as his professor said in double seven arc.

I am not clearly in the best thinking condition but in short the way magicians are only looked as weapons and the way the yotsuba act will change as they are a huge point in the story progression.
Old 2015-05-04, 01:59   Link #737
nani895

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
So I'm getting confused,if Tatsuya is Maya's son,from her unfertilized egg and Miyuki is cloned from his dead fiancee,that makes Miya and Tatsurou never having any child?

@ Mentar,never did see "purity" as racist especially when the series deals with genetics and intermarriages between magicians,like Shizuku being a mudblood (HP reference)
Maybe the dead fiance was their daughter...this is just my speculation and all...so hear me out.

Tatsuya is Maya's son from a cryopreserved egg, so they decided to kill him soon after the birth thinking its a sin or something. Maya and Miya prevented it and to further cement Tatsuya they decided Miya's girls child will be his fiance. But she died soon after birth due to some complications, they engineered Miyuki form her, while engineering the genetics they Made sure Miyuku inherits MI magic so the pair will be formidable when they growup against any opposition or attempts on their life. But it didn't turn out they way they wanted with Tatsuya and he became a poor magician, so they mindraped him and got this Tatsuya as a result. His newley awakened powers are too powerful so they used Miyuki's MI to seal them away as Miya was already too exhausted by above mentioned crazyshit operations. To keep them close enough to make sure his powers don't go out of control they needed Miyuki by his side to immediately seal them away if it happens, so they created a lie that they are siblings and he will be her guardian.

what do you think of this theory? Well punch holes in it now....get going

Last edited by nani895; 2015-05-04 at 02:31.
nani895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 02:07   Link #738
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post
We will. They are already finishing up their second year by the time of the Inheritance Arc. There will be 3 more volumes after that so there's plenty of time to finish their high school life.

It is after all a story about a high school student and his "sister".
The 10 mc meeting takes place during the second year. The third year doesn't start until a little bit after miyuki's birthday which is march 25th.

if volume 18,19, and 20 can fill up all the events of 3rd year, which spans april to march or february. i'm not sure how that is going to work.
unless we are doing away with the school system entirely at this point
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 02:09   Link #739
nani895

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanfow View Post
That's something that i didn't really understand. Ichijou contesting the engagement? the Ichijou house shouldn't have any right to pry on another house business right? I mean he can propose to her but it's not like he's got any saying on it.
In ancient time others can contest an engagement..generally they can reject it and if they are in no position to do so, it can be solved with a combat. so i think we will see another Tatsuya vs Masaki or an outright rejection to Ichijou's challenge. Personally I hope we can see another battle between then with full on attacks(not a death match though).

Last edited by nani895; 2015-05-04 at 02:32.
nani895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 02:17   Link #740
Abysmalheart

I truly feel it's unlike the author to make up a clone of dead fiancee thing, it's irrational which is unlike him.

Tags
satroll, shippers tragedy