AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-05-31, 03:52   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 906 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

The Reverie continues! This time around, the spoiler didn't come from any singular sources:

-Chapter title is "The Holy Land Mariejois" (though it looks like the official spelling is "Mary Geois"). Ministory involves Orlumbus checking out the cleanliness of his ship's deck (and punishing those whose work isn't up to snuff) with a girl named Columbus, who appears to be his daughter.

-At Mariejois, the the Ryugu (mermaid) and Goa royalty are offered to use special elevator/escalator-type devices for travel, but the prince Fukaboshi refuses. Stelly interprets the prince's choice as one of a mermaid who's afraid of modern technology, but that's not the case: As it turns out, those machines are literally operated through slave labor! In one of the nearby estates of the world nobles, Charloss (the noble Luffy beat up back in the Sabaody arc) catches sight of Shirahoshi through his binoculars, and instantly desires to take her for himself.....!!!

-And Charloss isn't the only one interested in her, for as soon as she enters the venue for the Reverie, various other royals propose to her! However, she shoots them all down, saying they're not her type (much like how she turned down Van der Decken back then, heh). She then meets up with Vivi and Rebecca, both of whom were discussing Luffy. Interestingly, the princesses also meet up with none other than Sai of the Happou Navy! He reveals that he's decided to sever connections with his home country of Kano once the Reverie ends. Soon, another familiar face appears: WAPOL! The greedy king begins bullying Vivi again before Dalton and Kureha come along and stop him. Speaking of Dalton, Rebecca and co. discover that he too is a friend of Luffy's.

-We then cut to the undersea prison, Impel Down. In the lowest layer of the prison, Level 6, we see Donquixote Doflamingo who, despite being chained up, is casually chatting with former warden Magellan. He asks if the poison man is there to act as a bodyguard, since it's highly likely that assassins will be sent to silence him to prevent Mariejois' secrets from leaking out. He adds that it should be fine to reveal the secret to the masses anyway, as the nobles' political power will will eventual crumble away, anyway....

-Back at Mariejois, we see a mysterious figure entering what seems to be a frozen chamber while holding on to Luffy's wanted poster. Within that chamber is what appears to be..... a large straw hat....!!!!?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2018-06-01 at 01:28.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-31, 04:02   Link #2
WyrdMonger

Theory: the bearers of D are descended from the ancient Kingdom, and I know this sounds ridiculous, but what if that strawhat came from the ancient kingdom?
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-31, 06:56   Link #3
The Small One

Is it really a large hat, or just a very small person? From this screenshot I can't really tell, especially since the door also looks much larger than the person.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-31, 07:58   Link #4
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Oh, i look forward to how Luffy's allies are all gathered in one same place. I can't wait to see if Kureha can kick Wapol out due to calling her old hag just like how she kick Zoro at Drum Kingdom (Before Sakura Kingdom was born).
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-31, 10:54   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Is it really a large hat, or just a very small person? From this screenshot I can't really tell, especially since the door also looks much larger than the person.
Unless he printed really small posters, he seems to be of normal size. It's everything else that's huge.

Anyway, what the hell? Why are they keeping a straw hat inside a frozen chamber? So many theories can be crafted.

Glad to see Doflamingo again. I think it's pretty safe to assume the secrets he's talking about are going to be leaked, even if it's not by him. Dragon probably knows about them, and might reveal them at the same time he declares war.
Old 2018-05-31, 15:08   Link #6
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I was thinking about the same thing about Dragon. If Dragon reveal it then Doflamingo will be useless, probably he will panic realizing that other people aside of Doflamingo knows it.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-31, 17:10   Link #7
Rainbowman

First the will of D., now the concept with straw hats? What more will this conspiracy reveal?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-01, 00:30   Link #8
coded321
He Who Games

is it me, or does it seem like the faces of vivi, rebecca, and the mermaid princess are exactly the same? or rather does it seems like the faces of most the young adult, human female characters are the same? i swear, its like gintama where everyone's face is just shinpachi without the glasses.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-01, 00:52   Link #9
Ultragunner

I knew it! I knew the straw hat must be some kind of sacred treasure. That explains everything, including the hat’s invulnerability
Old 2018-06-01, 01:34   Link #10
marvelB

Alrighty, edited the summary a bit! Huh, I wonder if that girl from the ministory is supposed to be Orlumbus' daughter (similar-sounding name, so I assume so)? Anyway, I thought those small summaries of Luffy and co.'s past adventures were a pretty neat touch. I'm also glad to see Wapol again, as much of a jerk as he may still be. That wife of his is an odd one, though. And as far as that hat goes..... well, I'll reserve my judgement on it for the time being. It's clearly special for a reason, though.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
is it me, or does it seem like the faces of vivi, rebecca, and the mermaid princess are exactly the same? or rather does it seems like the faces of most the young adult, human female characters are the same? i swear, its like gintama where everyone's face is just shinpachi without the glasses.
It's the Gathering of the Nami Clones! That reminds me, though: I wonder how many Nami/Robin clones Wano will have (who everyone will inevitably peg as becoming the next nakama)>
Old 2018-06-01, 02:02   Link #11
Chichiryuushintei

I hope Coby and Sabo punch Charles/Charloss/Fuckface simultaneously or something.
Old 2018-06-01, 03:16   Link #12
cyberdemon

Reverie? Seems more like the revere luffy. Lol will be hilarious if Hancock is there since she is the leader of the amazons
Old 2018-06-01, 04:56   Link #13
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Oh God... if Hancock was there and suddenly sees all these cute girls talking about Luffy, she'll throw a fit.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-01, 05:25   Link #14
danielevo

I read in some news that oda said reverie is just 10 chapter , is that true ?

And for the chapter
- that human elevator is so humanless, it show that nobles are really a bad bad person, it show that nobles want to conqueror everything. Not like ancient kingdom who the king is joy boy. Joy boy want freedom not conquerer like world nobles, so nobles decide to take down ancient kingdom and they succed, but in one piece story joy boy people have something called the "will of D" that we have not yet understand the meaning, what i understand is in one piece have three pattern, man's dream, flow of time, and inhereted will.. so what is the 'will of D'? Right now i think that will of D mean the will of Joy Boy who want to free everyone from suffering, Will of D is Will of Joy Boy.
- so the WG not surprisingly afraid of the will of D, because WG who created by nobles deffinitely opposing freedom. And the war will happen of course because some people in the future will finally succed Joy Boy Will, and of course it Luffy.
- what i didnt understand is why good people like Garp and Sengoku keep fighting for WG ? I think they understand about the history but why they in the side of WG and Nobles ? Thats the conspiracy here.
-The man in the shadow
I have a feeling he is very important people if we never see him, but if we already see him in one piece, maybe he is dragon ?
-the large straw hat
90% joy boy hat, who else ?
-ice chamber room
It is place where WG hiding information of ancient kingdom
danielevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-01, 07:12   Link #15
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
Oda's female face designs are pretty cookie-cutter. Although Rebecca was the most similar in some panels, without context I might have thought it was Nami.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-01, 08:40   Link #16
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-01, 09:53   Link #17
Theia_Loki

Not that exactly the same. The tip of Rebecca's nose curves a bit in that image.
Also, Fukaboshi's expression when Shirahoshi turned down those princes made me laugh. ^_^

Aaaand it looks like neither Wapol nor Charloss has changed one damn bit since their encounters with Luffy. You'd think at least the dumbhead latter would be a little more cautious since he got his face whooped in by the same man who is named as one of the new Pirate Emperors.

The only one of Luffy's enemies (both current and would-be) that has anything about them resembling caution and concern is Stelly, and he hasn't even met Luffy in person yet.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-01, 10:37   Link #18
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I'm very intrigued by the ending and that mysterious figure. This arc is going to be short and awesome.
Old 2018-06-01, 12:16   Link #19
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theia_Loki View Post
Aaaand it looks like neither Wapol nor Charloss has changed one damn bit since their encounters with Luffy. You'd think at least the dumbhead latter would be a little more cautious since he got his face whooped in by the same man who is named as one of the new Pirate Emperors.
I'm honestly not the least bit surprised that those two haven't learned their lesson. They've spent most of their lives being spoiled, entitled assholes, so I'd think it would take a bit more than a pirate assault or two to humble them. And sure, while Wapol was actually forced to live in poverty for a brief period, but that's the thing.... it was only a brief period. Not long enough for any lesson to sink into that thick skull of his. But with that being said, perhaps being caught in the middle of a world war will force those two (and those like them) to swallow down their share of humble pie....
Old 2018-06-01, 12:27   Link #20
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It was nice to see Luffy's princess harem (also known as the Nami clones) interact with each other. Not sure which is the biggest Luffy fangirl, but I guess Rebecca might have an edge? It seems like Luffy is all she's talked about since she came back. Sanji would be seething with jealousy if he could hear them.

It was good seeing the Drum Kingdom characters again. On the other hand, very unpleasant to see Charloss again. Hopefully he'll get punched by somebody else in this arc.