Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-10-15, 06:43   Link #1221
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I fought it on foot =I

I was kinda expecting the battlegear to be completed and dropped in during the battle or something, since in the cut-scene prior to the mission Snake is all like "I'll need all motherbases support for this one".

Shame...

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 20:23   Link #1222
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I fought it on foot =I

I was kinda expecting the battlegear to be completed and dropped in during the battle or something, since in the cut-scene prior to the mission Snake is all like "I'll need all motherbases support for this one".

Shame...
That one was like fighting Peace Walker. But the difference is, you get to use a tank and franken-BTR with Katyusha rockets IFV earlier before it could turn them to rust. Then use D-Walker to fight once more. I hope DW is made of DU platings.

There was a cut content where Snake confront Eli on Sahelanthropus with full combined DD support. An epic battle ensued.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 23:05   Link #1223
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
And just for fun, I think this is the closest you can get to Ocelot's new threads using Star Trek Online's wardrobe...

Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-18, 18:57   Link #1224
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

At long last, Quiet vs. Quiet. Starts at 34:00

blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-19, 04:05   Link #1225
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

This is gonna sound bad, but for once I don't find the plan of the villain to be that heinous, unforgivable or even evil

If Skullface's Master Plan does succeed, it would mean that no Asian or any Non-White child for that matter will ever have to endure a lifetime of being bullied to "speak English or get out" or grow up being made to hate their own culture. Non-white cultures will be able to, for the first time in centuries, take joy and more importantly, pride in their heritage as an equal to all others.

Not too evil an outcome if you ask me.

Skullface old buddy, I know where you're coming from and I know how you feel.
Too bad I still have to fight you.

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2015-10-19 at 04:31.
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-19, 05:28   Link #1226
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

5% of Anglophone in the world at that time were native English speakers, especially UK and non-immigrant US population, whilst the 95% are non-native speakers whose mother tongue aren't English.

Only US and UK will suffer a phantom pain with English get robbed away at this rate, while the rest of the world wouldn't have much problems without English, just that we would only lose the world's primary lingua franca should Skull Face succeeded. For that, the world will need a new lingua franca, Mandarin. Yes! In no time China will dominate the world market.

Alternatively, Russian would become the another new lingua franca. The communist world would have won the Cold War at that point.

It's intriguing that this one revolves around the main theme of languages, which actually plays key role in the story, especially concerns the vocal cord parasite such as the Kikongo parasite outbreak. It explains why every MB personnel profiles recorded the languages they speak.
Old 2015-10-19, 07:31   Link #1227
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

You two REALLY don't get the catastrophic outcome of every English speaker being wiped off this planet would have. You got no idea how important english is now.

You're also saying it wouldn't be a bad thing. :l
Old 2015-10-19, 08:32   Link #1228
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

I'm aware of the today's civilization will be in jeopardy without English, because most people from different respective countries use English as the main language of communication to communicate with each other. But more than that, most of us are Westernized, which means most of us take for granted to be too reliant and too attached with English to communicate with the world and our ways of life. Sans lingua franca, the world will be torn asunder and ultimately destroy globalization.

However, I'm not sure if you're aware that Mandarin Chinese is becoming as popular as English?
Old 2015-10-19, 09:11   Link #1229
Jaden

Hundreds of millions would probably have died, certainly the most devastating epidemic of human history. By the millenium, things would've stabilized one way or the other though.

Would be quite stifling to many of the great artists and scientists who lived during that time, not being able to use English. Though I guess text would still be translated to something else, so it's not as if technological progress up to that point would be lost. And it'd be great for the Soviet Union...while the US and UK undergo crises, the rest of the world would have to warm up to Russia.

It'd still be problematic though, because if the parasite became that widespread, it wouldn't take others too long to figure it out and come up with other strains...then language based extinction events would become a regular thing.

Last edited by Jaden; 2015-10-19 at 09:29.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-19, 12:33   Link #1230
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

You don't need millennium for the world to stablized without English. The dominance of English as a language only started during the hegemony of the British Empire. A small fraction of time in the history of human civilization. Of course, England would be in major trouble and USA would take a huge blow but French or Spanish can easily be the next international language considering the numerous colonies worldwide both empire had.
Old 2015-10-19, 12:37   Link #1231
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

And besides, it would be SO satisfying to see the time-honored Australian-schoolyard-greeting of "SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE" turned on its head as the bullies who spouted such vile crap and literally kicked you while you're down even after you forsaken the Beautiful Chinese Name Your Mother Gave you for an Australian one be reduced to pathetic silent wretches who must speak anything BUT English or die

Ah, the delicious irony of Poetic Justice!

Wow, never knew how cathartic it can be to relate to the antagonists' point of view from time to time!
Old 2015-10-19, 13:39   Link #1232
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

That was a thing? Jesus... Learning the countries main language is a must if you're going to live there but damn. XD

If I had to I'd switch from English to Japanese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post

However, I'm not sure if you're aware that Mandarin Chinese is becoming as popular as English?
Nope, never heard the language at all or just thought it was normal Chinese. That should say something about how not even close it is getting popular to English. or I'm completely wrong.

Also, forced =/= popular because it sounds like people are being forced to learn it some how....like English.
Old 2015-10-28, 21:45   Link #1233
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Lots of countries such as Korea, the Philippines, and parts of China were forced to speak a foreign language (Japanese) during the pre-WWII era and during the war itself. Having a language forced on them didn't go over so well. Same would go for native English speakers, considering how most Americans with a Caucasian ethnic background aren't well versed in other languages since they're not really forced to use them outside of educational requirements.

I'm not counting Spanish because while more and more people are speaking it, if English ever disappeared off the face of the earth, people would be speaking some form of Chinese, not Spanish. That's assuming English simply vanished, which it never will because it's considered the universal business language. If you're a business that does any kind of international work in Western nations (namely the USA and the UK, of course), you WILL speak English because you won't be doing business otherwise. It's a simple expectation.

Hell, it's gotten to the point where my mom (who's a corporate exec), when she went over to Japan, didn't even use honorifics or last names. She can't even pronounce Japanese names correctly, much less speak the language. Needless to say she knows only the bare-bones basics of Japanese culture. Same goes for the times she's gone to Sweden, Germany, and Italy. She can only speak English but it didn't matter because all the other executives from other countries spoke English fluently. Now my mom's not ignorant, but at the same time she's not pressured to change her cultural inclinations, much less speak another language.
Old 2015-10-30, 19:07   Link #1234
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

https://www.reddit.com/r/NeverBeGame...uide/?sort=new

A new guide is coming out on november and it supposedly contains 65 mission in game (an additional 15 mission?!)... Konami better not be playing us like a damn fiddle because you guys are literally hanging by the thread.

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-30, 20:50   Link #1235
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

http://m.learningenglish.voanews.com...e/2554910.html
This may make an interesting debate here. :v
Old 2015-11-09, 21:14   Link #1236
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just fulton an interpreter when you build your own outer heaven lol.

I've been playing less of the main campaign and FOB's, I'm now more into the MGSOnline.
Old 2015-11-10, 10:54   Link #1237
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

You can now get Quiet back with the latest patch. You just need to replay mission 11 seven times. I know it sounds like bullshit, but it actually works. Tried it myself.
Old 2015-11-10, 12:26   Link #1238
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

That's some old school stuff man It's like the rumors you hear at the back of the playground kinda stuff

As expected of the company that created the world's most infamous cheat code.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-10, 17:29   Link #1239
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quiet's Theme (Donna Burke v. Stefanie Joosten Remix)

blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-10, 22:27   Link #1240
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Welp, I just did Shining Lights, The Man Who Sold the WOrld, and A Quiet Exit. :/

On the other hand D-Doge is best doge so my heart hurts less. Best doge, good doge, c'mere and get hugs.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote