AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-03-10, 22:36   Link #361
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Man, this chuunibyou **** is REALLY getting annoying. I've never watched the actual anime of it because it's concept is going much too far for my tastes. Sure, kids fantasize, hell, I still fantasize, even at 29, but they just take it too far. Now it wouldn't bother me if it was just that show, but now it seems like the concept is EVERYWHERE now, and the word "chuunibyou" is just tossed around much like the word "moe" is. It's not even like the concept is new; there have been plenty of shows with "that otaku" character that acts in such a way, but....I don't know... it's like now that there is a term that coins these types of people, it all-of-a-sudden has become annoying. The only of these types of chars that I truly like that I have come across in recent anime/manga is the Yoruko from Abnormal-kun Joshi. I can't exactly explain why though.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 15:45   Link #362
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

You know, I"m seriously getting tired of this anti-women crap that I keep seeing spring up all over the place all because otaku are pissed off that studios are making series that are aimed at women, especially lately.

Guess what a-holes? Anime is not a goddamn boys club. FUCK OFF.

/end of rant
Old 2013-03-11, 16:41   Link #363
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post

/end of rant
Albeit what you say is true and understandable, you can't exactly blame those poor guys for merely voicing their discontent when something (or someone) stops having them as central focus. It is their right to feel that way, after all.
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 16:47   Link #364
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
You know, I"m seriously getting tired of this anti-women crap that I keep seeing spring up all over the place all because otaku are pissed off that studios are making series that are aimed at women, especially lately.

/end of rant
I must have missed something... well I did see people complaining about the PRODUCERS and PUBLISHERS, who focus more on female-addressed shows than they used to on these forums, but I cannot remeber anything "anti-woman" here... being angry that they have less of something than they used to does NOT equal "women hate", but of course female anime viewers should have their share of anime screentime too, that is true.

Or did you perhaps refer to something outside these forums?

EDIT: NINJAed
Old 2013-03-11, 16:55   Link #365
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

It was actually this that spurred my rant on: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...s-new-anime-ad

I'm sorry if I offended anyone....(had a rantish moment there for a second) but it's been on my mind lately with certain sites. I had it out with someone on shows that are aimed at females and got basically told that female fans ruin everything and should piss off and that studios would lose money if they focus on female-oriented stuff.
Old 2013-03-11, 16:57   Link #366
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I think that some people overreact a bit to shows that have a (slight) fujoshi focus. I remember all the bruhaha surrounding K, and I thought at the time that it really was a bit much. Then there is the response that the recent KyoAni commercial received.

Maybe that's where GDiddy is coming from.
Old 2013-03-11, 17:00   Link #367
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I think that some people overreact a bit to shows that have a (slight) fujoshi focus. I remember all the bruhaha surrounding K, and I thought at the time that it really was a bit much. Then there is the response that the recent KyoAni commercial received.

Maybe that's where GDiddy is coming from.
Actually that's the majority of it.

Maybe it's been around...actually I"m sure of it....but ever since K came out last year, it seems like more guys are seriously pissed that stuff is being made for fujioshi group. Like, how dare studios/makers do something for the ladies instead of making another ecchi harem series for them?

Especially the comments for that KyoAni commercial. Jesus Christ.....put a bunch of girls together in swimsuits and it'd be 'AWESOME" but put a bunch of guys there in speedos and whatnot and it's 'FUCK YOU KYOANI YOU TRAITORS'
Old 2013-03-11, 18:29   Link #368
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

GDiddy: brofist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Albeit what you say is true and understandable, you can't exactly blame those poor guys for merely voicing their discontent when something (or someone) stops having them as central focus. It is their right to feel that way, after all.
There's "I don't like this show because it has too many fabulous boys," sure fair enough, and then there's "FUJOSHI RUINS EVERYTHING DUMB BITCHES," which has been plaguing even General Anime lately, and disturbingly in specific show threads with just a little bit of male fanservice.

The latter has far too much of the shades of misogyny that I absolutely despise in "geek" culture, being that it's much closer to "me" than, oh, Michael Bay or whatever stands for mainstream these days.

So what do I hate about anime? Fans like this, I guess.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 19:02   Link #369
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
There's "I don't like this show because it has too many fabulous boys," sure fair enough, and then there's "FUJOSHI RUINS EVERYTHING DUMB BITCHES," which has been plaguing even General Anime lately
Of course, but in the end they're both expressions of the same sentiment, they're essentially saying the same things, albeit phrased differently.
And personally, I tend not to care much about how people express themselves so as long as they keep making sense.
If I had to choose though, I would go with the 2nd one. Definitely "funnier" from the reader's pov.
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 19:18   Link #370
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

*brofists right back at Irenicus

I know girls complain plenty too. Lord knows I do enough of it....

Maybe I missed it though, but it seems to me that females don't go off about ecchi as much as male fans go off on girl harems....

Or at least they don't seem to on this site or animenation.....maybe it's somewhere else like MAL.

I hate sounding like I'm some kind of terror...I"m not really. In the end, as long as I like what I watch, I don't care what others think.

It's just that I find it rather interesting and yet distressing that misogyny seems to be on the rise in the anime fandom (and this is SOOOOOOOOOOO not aimed at anyone on here. You guys have been nothing but nice to me so far, even when I stumble)
Old 2013-03-11, 20:51   Link #371
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Generally, the more threatened and insecure the mentally juvenile males are, the louder and nastier they act. That goes for anime, gaming, or even corporate culture
Old 2013-03-11, 21:08   Link #372
NK_500
Disabled By Request

I don't really want to voice my opinion except most female anime fans are just as shallow as male ones are(bishies, one-sided romance, etc.).

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-03-11 at 22:21.
NK_500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 22:24   Link #373
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Considering it was probably less than 15 years ago when the typical argument was "There are no women on the Internet".

I can recall conventions maybe ten years ago were there were very few women. Now I think the popluation at even Gaming Conventions is up to 20% female. Though I gather most of them are roleplayers rather than table top gamers, that is a significant increase.
Old 2013-03-12, 00:53   Link #374
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
GDiddy: brofist!

There's "I don't like this show because it has too many fabulous boys," sure fair enough, and then there's "FUJOSHI RUINS EVERYTHING DUMB BITCHES," which has been plaguing even General Anime lately, and disturbingly in specific show threads with just a little bit of male fanservice.

The latter has far too much of the shades of misogyny that I absolutely despise in "geek" culture, being that it's much closer to "me" than, oh, Michael Bay or whatever stands for mainstream these days.

So what do I hate about anime? Fans like this, I guess.
It depends on what franchise is being affected.
I mean, a completely fujoshi-based anime isn't really an issue, and slight pandering of existing shounen manga/anime for fujoshi fans isn't anything to bat an eye unless it's explicitly so, just like anything else.

But when franchise like Gundam strays so far from its original setting in its attempt, it does become annoying. I mean, imagine if you're a Star Trek fan, and all the new Star Treks turned into a Backstreet Boys music video. Then the wrath is understandable.

For Gundam, I blame Gundam Wing. Then SEED and 00 took that game and ran with it, but I think Sunrise is figuring out a balance, and revisiting its roots with UC and the upcoming Gundam Origin.
Old 2013-03-12, 01:27   Link #375
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wait, Enterprise and the new Star Trek aren't Backstreet Boys videos?
Old 2013-03-12, 01:37   Link #376
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Wait, Enterprise and the new Star Trek aren't Backstreet Boys videos?
At the risk of drawing Trekkie-wrath, I'll have to say it falls within reasonable "slight pandering, not enough to bat an eye" category mentioned above.

Hey, I'm a several-decades long Trek fan myself.
Old 2013-03-12, 02:04   Link #377
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
This is fairly recent, but I'm starting to seriously dislike the amount of anime that's being adopted from light novels. Sure, not every ln is bad (e.g. fate zero) but when every second ln is shonen harem comedy 101 or I wanna bang my blood or nonblood related oniichan 9001, I say theres a problem with that medium. And wtf is with the trend with longass names and !, ? And other pointless punctuations.

Yeh every medium has tropes, but I'm finding lns have the set of tropes and types of plot and writing that I feel as if it came from BAD quality fanfiction. It really is that atrocious at times. Chances are anime adapted from mangas, ACTUAL novels or in the best scenario anime original, are usually at least good.

Well I guess vn adaptions suffer the same problems, but they are relatively rare compared to lns... Which seems to be the go to source adaption as of late.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 02:16   Link #378
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

^TBH, that has more to do with degeneration of light novels than its adaptation.
The adaptaitons have been around long before the word "light novel" came to be applied to the specific set of novels from certain publishers, dating back to Slayers, Fortune Quest, ARIEL, Vampire Hunter D, Seikai series, etc.
Ya know, back when Sonorama and Fantasia were kicking ass and actually didn't suck.
Old 2013-03-12, 02:55   Link #379
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Same goes to animes with an ALL female cast.. LOVE LIVE... It's irritating...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 03:49   Link #380
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
This is fairly recent, but I'm starting to seriously dislike the amount of anime that's being adopted from light novels. Sure, not every ln is bad (e.g. fate zero) but when every second ln is shonen harem comedy 101 or I wanna bang my blood or nonblood related oniichan 9001, I say theres a problem with that medium. And wtf is with the trend with longass names and !, ? And other pointless punctuations.

Yeh every medium has tropes, but I'm finding lns have the set of tropes and types of plot and writing that I feel as if it came from BAD quality fanfiction. It really is that atrocious at times. Chances are anime adapted from mangas, ACTUAL novels or in the best scenario anime original, are usually at least good.

Well I guess vn adaptions suffer the same problems, but they are relatively rare compared to lns... Which seems to be the go to source adaption as of late.
Hah, well, I must say, I get the feeling that often that they certainly do put the "light" in light novel. :S But do note that they are targeted at teens and comparing that to the equivalents over here might bring it closer.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote