AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 08
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 56 38.62%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 52 35.86%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 24 16.55%
7 out of 10: Good... 9 6.21%
6 out of 10: Average... 1 0.69%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 1 0.69%
4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 2 1.38%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-08-30, 01:42   Link #441
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
So much effort and only 1000 Col? 4 million Col really seems to be a lot here.

I almost wonder how asuna get so much?

[mod edit: edited out unfunny joke...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
What amused me is how flippant Asuna was about the whole 4m Col. This is pretty much the entirety of Kirito's life-savings who we can see for most part is a practical guy. He probably doesn't spent more than he needs and fights (and keeps all drops and treasure to himself) much more than Asuna in general yet it's implied that he makes a lot less in comparison.

If it really is the guild benefits at work maybe he such reconsider the whole "solo" gig, or like Flare Knight said, stop breaking the blacksmith/shopkeepers weapons.

Wat.

Isn't this normal the opposite in RPGs? We're talking about the same genre consider "Gold" to be excellent smithing material compare to steel.
Well actually in most MMOs money drops from common mobs amount to no more than change or pocket money. Even the money dropped by boss monsters doesn't amount to much after it's divided by all the participants. What makes you the most money is the economy from selling drops or using those rare drops for crafting goods. And in the case of high-end or end level guilds most of the time they have a steady income from the drops.

Also how the money and drops are managed depends on each party or guild rules. In the case of KoB each member keeps their drops, but like WildGoose referenced, the treasurer uses other sources for their income. Some guild might sell everything and distribute their riches or benefit their members by selling them dropped weapons or materials at discounted prices or plain simply giving the right drop to the right member.

As for materials, in fantasy settings we also got stuff like mythril, platinum, orihalcum, and a plethora of other exotic stuff. And thinking about it, gold is usually used to craft accessories, and usually as a minor material which one assumes it's for it's decorative properties in weapons and armor. But when it comes crafting sturdy endgame stuff you can't go wrong with the exotic and hardy materials.

Besides if you put in perspective, if you averaged 1000 cols from each common mob you killed, getting 4M isn't so hard, you only need to kill 4000 mobs. And trust me, killing 4000 is not a lot when leveling in an MMO.

Just as and example of how many you can kill grinding for XP, in the Red-nosed Reindeer chapter of the LN
Spoiler for reference from the LN omitted from Ep. 3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Being a female ( a pretty one) Asuna has one of many basic characteristics of the women.... love of cute stuffs... they will spend so much for anything that will caught their eyes with...

Speaking of Kirito... hmmm.. well, he aims to finish the game... Money is for weapons and food... that's probably what only runs in he's mind... besides...

" I don't need a house... coz Asuna has already... hehehe"
Well men in real life spend their money buying gadgets, tools and guns. XD
And usually wives wonder why the husband really needs to buy another set of screwdrivers, wrenches or another drill...

In RL:
Wife: Why did you buy another set of screwdrivers?
Husband: But this set has ergonomically contoured polyurethane grips.
Wife: And why don't you sell your older sets?
Husband: Because if ever one breaks I have a backup one in hand.

SAO:
Asuna: Kirito-kun why did you buy another sword and armor?
Kirito: But this new sword has 5 more damage and +1 more Strength!
Asuna: Then sell your old equipment and keep the new one.
Kirto: If the new one ever breaks at least I have the old stuff as backup

Last edited by Kamui04; 2012-08-30 at 02:00. Reason: Typos
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 01:44   Link #442
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post

Well men in real life spend their money buying gadgets, tools and guns XD
That's city men... Mine want a big farm... and some chickens... and cows...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 07:23   Link #443
Adigard

It's also possible Kirito is just being modest. As a solo'er he'd get 100% of all the drops. Now in a party situation you'd get more kill / minute which would probably balance out, but Kirito can grind XP until he's ready to quit.

I'd imagine Kirito has a stupidly high amount of money, other than what he blows on silly MMO gadgets. New swords (and replacing broken swords), intel on rare bosses that drop ressurrection crystals. And don't forget for pretty much every single episode thus far Kirito has changed his gear.

Odds are 100% of those gear changes were not boss / monster drops so he's probably buying a lot from the crafters. And we know from his relationship with Egil that his favored merchant likes to buy cheap.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 07:28   Link #444
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
It's also possible Kirito is just being modest. As a solo'er he'd get 100% of all the drops. Now in a party situation you'd get more kill / minute which would probably balance out, but Kirito can grind XP until he's ready to quit.

I'd imagine Kirito has a stupidly high amount of money, other than what he blows on silly MMO gadgets. New swords (and replacing broken swords), intel on rare bosses that drop ressurrection crystals. And don't forget for pretty much every single episode thus far Kirito has changed his gear.

Odds are 100% of those gear changes were not boss / monster drops so he's probably buying a lot from the crafters. And we know from his relationship with Egil that his favored merchant likes to buy cheap.
The only problem being why would Kirito be modest when talking to himself? I don't think he has multiple personalities to consider . Maybe the case when talking with Asuna, but doesn't seem much reason to downplay his resources to that degree.

Should have a pretty good income. But maybe just spends more to make sure he's as stocked up on items as he can be. Only get one chance to stay alive so might as well make sure you have enough health and items for just about any kind of situation.
Old 2012-08-30, 18:02   Link #445
M.A.D

When Asuna mentioned the 4 million figure, didn't Kirito say something to himself like he can manage that amount as well? I think he was just getting a random excuse as for why he wouldn't buy a house
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 18:11   Link #446
GDB

He said he'd accumulated about that much, but he spent it on other crap. He wasn't making an excuse since he was just thinking to himself. However, he was probably lamenting that he could have afforded such a nice house, but can't.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 19:30   Link #447
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i really dig the relationship between kirito and asuna, her yandere tendencies are really aplus for me, her behaviour reminds me of katherine from "catherine", wich fuels my expectations in what will happen when she find he is a player, anyway the 2 year timeskip really surprised me, the poor players are gonna suffer from a severe atrophy from a young age, well since most of them are neets there wouldnt be such a difference.
Old 2012-08-30, 19:32   Link #448
lightsenshi
Author

There's also one other detail that would explain why Kirito might not have as much money. The kill rate is always higher in parties, far higher (even after dividing) that soloing....
Old 2012-08-30, 19:40   Link #449
Karakuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
i really dig the relationship between kirito and asuna, her yandere tendencies are really aplus for me, her behaviour reminds me of katherine from "catherine", wich fuels my expectations in what will happen when she find he is a player, anyway the 2 year timeskip really surprised me, the poor players are gonna suffer from a severe atrophy from a young age, well since most of them are neets there wouldnt be such a difference.
I don't think you can say Kirito is a player, since he isn't trying to get them to love him, the way he tries to deal with the girls is how he treats friends.
The problem is, since he is so kind, handsome ( I think they would think he is handsome, or cute, right? )... Of course the girls would end up liking him.
But calling him a player is not the right word...Players know what they're doing, and they know they're getting the girls to like them, Kirito is just acting as a friend, not knowing how the girls receive that act.
Karakuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 20:20   Link #450
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Kirito is not a player. If he was, he would have done stuff with all the girls he has met so far.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 20:21   Link #451
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakuri View Post
I don't think you can say Kirito is a player, since he isn't trying to get them to love him, the way he tries to deal with the girls is how he treats friends.
The problem is, since he is so kind, handsome ( I think they would think he is handsome, or cute, right? )... Of course the girls would end up liking him.
But calling him a player is not the right word...Players know what they're doing, and they know they're getting the girls to like them, Kirito is just acting as a friend, not knowing how the girls receive that act.
well so far kirito has been shown as a not dense character, so at the very least he is aware what he is causing to the girls, so unless he comes sincere and say he already has someone he likes, since he havent i consider him a player, you could say he nis letting his option avaible but thats still beign a player or at the very least he is beign a tease.
Old 2012-08-30, 20:26   Link #452
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
well so far kirito has been shown as a not dense character, so at the very least he is aware what he is causing to the girls, so unless he comes sincere and say he already has someone he likes, since he havent i consider him a player, you could say he nis letting his option avaible but thats still beign a player or at the very least he is beign a tease.
He's a teenage male gamer. We tended to not really know when girls were into us. I passed up several opportunities my first year in HS being a naive little welp about the opposite sex.

He is not a 'player' from a relationship stand-point. Not even close.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 20:34   Link #453
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Kirito seemed to know that Lizbeth's heart broke when Asuna showed up there, so I imagine he's a bit in tune with girls' emotions. That said he's not actively pursuing the girls attempting to get into their pants, he's just being a nice guy. So he's definitely not a playa' ("player" sounds awkward given the setting).
Old 2012-08-30, 21:06   Link #454
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Kirito seemed to know that Lizbeth's heart broke when Asuna showed up there, so I imagine he's a bit in tune with girls' emotions. That said he's not actively pursuing the girls attempting to get into their pants, he's just being a nice guy. So he's definitely not a playa' ("player" sounds awkward given the setting).
Kirito was certainly aware of Liz's feelings, but didn't seem to notice Silica's or Sachi's feelings.

One he saw as a little sister, and the other was probably something similar.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 21:12   Link #455
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Silica's actions were... pretty ambiguous as far as her interactions with Kirito went. You could see it as romantic affection on her part... or little sisterly affection.

Sachi, well... that just went south real quick.
Old 2012-08-30, 21:40   Link #456
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i certainly dont say hes trying to bed them, but he is kinda playing with their feeelings, maybe hes trying to not hurt them, but anyways, this is probably the reason people try to make all mains dense, though im glad kirito is like that, neither indesicive nor oblivious to other people feelings, specially when most characters are given outstanding intellect and deductive abilities, yet unnable to notice clear shows of affection.
Old 2012-08-30, 21:47   Link #457
Karakuri

Quote:
i certainly dont say hes trying to bed them, but he is kinda playing with their feeelings, maybe hes trying to not hurt them, but anyways, this is probably the reason people try to make all mains dense, though im glad kirito is like that, neither indesicive nor oblivious to other people feelings, specially when most characters are given outstanding intellect and deductive abilities, yet unnable to notice clear shows of affection.
He doesn't have a single clue about those girl's feelings...
He only noticed Lizbeth's love affection at the end, when she looked down because she noticed Asuna liked him, atleast I didn't see him noticing anything other than that.
When Lizbeth asked for Kirito to hold her hands, I think he thought she wanted to feel safe, or something like that.
Atleast that's my opinion though, I'm not gonna say you're wrong, sometimes it depends on the person's point of view.
Also, Asuna has been teasing him A LOT, it's pretty obvious, or atleast I think she is teasing him. I might be wrong, but as I said, it's my point of view.
If she is teasing him, he clearly doesn't know a thing about girl's feelings, because I don't see him acting like she likes him, he acts the same with every girl.
I say every girl because he is kinda cold towards Klein, but that's just how male friendship works.
Old 2012-08-30, 22:05   Link #458
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i think he was quite aware of sachi's feelings too, and even if it wasn't shown that he knew about silica, she was probably the most obvious one, anyway, for me he is a playa' until the anime provide me contund proof the he is not, anyway, im really happy that it seems no one contradicts my argument of asuna's yandere tendencies.
Old 2012-08-30, 22:13   Link #459
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Playing with their feelings would mean he's doing it deliberately, which he's not. He's just not that kind of person. For Sachi, I think at that point in time he was more focused on survival and protecting the whole guild, rather than just one person in it, and he hadn't really settled into the game, whereas by now, he has to a degree. And as for his coldness towards Klein, that's not him being a jerk or anything, I think that's just him feeling guilty for abandoning Klein at the beginning of the game. Which is something that Klein's picked up on, and something he doesn't hold against Kirito anyway, from the looks of it.
Old 2012-08-30, 22:24   Link #460
Karakuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Playing with their feelings would mean he's doing it deliberately, which he's not. He's just not that kind of person. For Sachi, I think at that point in time he was more focused on survival and protecting the whole guild, rather than just one person in it, and he hadn't really settled into the game, whereas by now, he has to a degree. And as for his coldness towards Klein, that's not him being a jerk or anything, I think that's just him feeling guilty for abandoning Klein at the beginning of the game. Which is something that Klein's picked up on, and something he doesn't hold against Kirito anyway, from the looks of it.
I know it's because he abandoned him, and I never said he was being a jerk xD Even if he is cold towards him, I think pretty much every guy reacts the same way towards guys ( who are their friends ofc ), atleast I am like this, and my friends are like this.
But still, I think after episode 9 Kirito will show he does consider Klein as a friend.
And even after that I expect him to be quite cold towards Klein, after all, most men react like that...It's like...You trust your friend enough to know that even if you eventually have a fight, you know you'll still be friends. That's how I see this...but I'm not really a person who has lots of friends, nor do I try to make many...if they appear, they appear.
I'm glad I've got my best friends, we're cold towards each other, but we all know we're just jokin' around, and trust them as much as we can.

And yes, Asuna is quite the Tsundere/Yandere type, after all, most girls in anime who use guns/weapons and like someone, are always Yandere/Tsundere.
Atleast I've not seen one who wasn't Tsundere o.o''

Tags
end card, weekly spoiler discussion