AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-03-17, 08:30   Link #341
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Ok it seems that I was wrong - they do have a OAD coming out which is bundled with next PSP game. Game is scheduled for release in late June. PV below.

Also today there was a Dengeki event which included some Ro-Kyu-Bu second season information, most notably the announcement of the seiyuu of the 5th graders! So I guess we will definitely see them in action.

So the cast is as follows:
Kagetsu - Seto Asami (no change from 1st season)
Mimi - Kuno Misaki (Brigette from Oreimo)
Tsubaki - Tsuda Minami (Yui from YuruYuri)
Hiiragi - Suzaki Aya (Tamako from Tamako Market)
Masami - Taneda Risa (Saki from Shin Sekai Yori)

So all are up and rising new comers in the cast. I was kinda hoping they just use one seiyuu for Tsubahi but oh well.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 05:21   Link #342
judasmartel
*Author

Awesome info as always, thank you very much! Now at least we know that we would be seeing the second unit in action.

While I wanted an all-star cast for the 5th graders (very wishful thinking, indeed), it's nice to see a cast of fresh new VAs in the latest anime. To me, it means the industry is committed to developing fresh new talents to keep itself alive in the future instead of settling with veterans
just because they help sell an anime.

As for Tsubahi having different VA's, maybe the intention is to differentiate the two, because they're pretty hard to tell from the images. If they get animated, at least we get to know which one is which.

I have a question about the PSP game. I know it's likely to be a VN-style game, but does it have a basketball section as well? I was thinking along the lines of a Story Mode where for example, Tomoka has to make 6+ points and shoot 60%+ from the field or Airi has to make 6+ points, 6+ rebounds, and 2+ blocks in a game.

Back to the basketball section...

Spoiler for #13 - Masami Fujii, SF:

I have another question: Who's the primary ballhandler for the 5th graders? Hiiragi seems to be the best guess for me, but I want to make sure. Note that I didn't use the term "point guards" since many PGs nowadays are not the primary ballhandlers. Hinata is the starting PG of Keishin, but Saki, an SF, is the primary ballhandler. Thus, the concept of the point forward.

Spoiler for The Point Forward:

Last edited by judasmartel; 2013-03-25 at 05:44.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 11:21   Link #343
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
While I wanted an all-star cast for the 5th graders (very wishful thinking, indeed), it's nice to see a cast of fresh new VAs in the latest anime. To me, it means the industry is committed to developing fresh new talents to keep itself alive in the future instead of settling with veterans just because they help sell an anime.
Well it's a double-edge sword - the new comers are heavily promoted because they are part of the new generation of idol seiyuu thus it means they need to increase exposure so that they can sell more, OTOH this tends to push out some well known veterans which aren't top tier ie they don't get the leads but are fairly consistently in supporting roles and that increases the turn over rate which makes the competition more cut throat and but the tide generally favours the newer, younger and cuter newcomers. Good or bad really depends on how you look at it.

Quote:
As for Tsubahi having different VA's, maybe the intention is to differentiate the two, because they're pretty hard to tell from the images. If they get animated, at least we get to know which one is which.
Personally I think the fun would be preciously because that makes them hard to tell apart if they share the same seiyuu - sort of like how Shimoda Asami does both Ami/Mami in Idolmaster. But when I thought about it again taking consideration of commercial terms 5 people makes more sense. Why this is so is because I think there's a very good possibility that like how the 5 main seiyuu formed the group Ro-Kyu-Bu, they may be pushing for the 5th graders to get their own seiyuu singing group as well. That and they can also release one more character song CD too.

Quote:
I have a question about the PSP game. I know it's likely to be a VN-style game, but does it have a basketball section as well?
Although I've never played the first from videos I know it had basketball section, played in a strategy/command style way. I'd think they would keep it for the second game too.

Quote:
Back to the basketball section...

Spoiler for #13 - Masami Fujii, SF:
Spoiler:

Quote:
I have another question: Who's the primary ballhandler for the 5th graders? Hiiragi seems to be the best guess for me, but I want to make sure.
The tasks seems to be shared between Tsubahi the most then followed by Mimi. Kagetsu is the centre so she doesn't handle the ball much if at all, while Masami's job is to wait for that kick out ball opening so she doesn't handle the ball much either. This leaves Tsubahi doing the bulk of the passing with Mimi sometimes mixed in as well.

Quote:
Hinata is the starting PG of Keishin, but Saki, an SF, is the primary ballhandler.
Hinata was only PG for the very first match against the boys because there was no time to properly train them so Subaru had to compromise and make Saki SG (SF for that match was Tomoka). Since the Keishin vs Suzuritani's exchange match Saki is now full time PG with Hinata being the SF.

Quote:
Spoiler for The Point Forward:
Spoiler:
Old 2013-03-25, 15:27   Link #344
judasmartel
*Author

Just curious, whatever happened to Miyu's arrogant attitude back in the anime's first season? Does she now recognize Keishin (and Tomoka) as a worthy opponent? Because it seems her old attitude is now passed on to Rena.

Also, I don't see much Natsuhi here. NatsuHina was a popular ship back then, but it's still no match for the Subaru/Tomoka ship. I wonder what does the guy say now that "the lolicon bastard" is coaching his sisters.

Images
Keishin Private Academy Girls Basketball Team
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoiler for Disclaimers:

I would also like to make one for Suzuritani, but I don't know which one is which in the anime.

Spoiler for Suzuritani Academy - Elementary Department:

Last edited by judasmartel; 2013-03-25 at 23:32.
Old 2013-03-27, 07:33   Link #345
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Just curious, whatever happened to Miyu's arrogant attitude back in the anime's first season? Does she now recognize Keishin (and Tomoka) as a worthy opponent? Because it seems her old attitude is now passed on to Rena.
Pretty much this. I mean even during that match when she got sub out and then forced to watch from the sideline and then she apologized to get sub back in it was already the beginning of her change. I would think the fact that the 6th graders owning Suzuritani's secondary line up at that open comp back in volume 11 would have made Miyu reconfirming that Keishin is a worthy opponent.

Quote:
Also, I don't see much Natsuhi here. NatsuHina was a popular ship back then, but it's still no match for the Subaru/Tomoka ship. I wonder what does the guy say now that "the lolicon bastard" is coaching his sisters.
Natsuhi actually appears now and then to look at their training. Also in volume 12 by the request of Subaru he helped a great deal by mimicking some moves that Rena did to beat Tsubahi at the arcade centre and used them against Subaru (although Natsuhi only managed to pull of the between the leg passing move once), which made it possible for Subaru to draw up his plan to beat Rena. As for what he thinks about Subaru coaching his sisters - he actually doesn't mind so much because Tsubahi are little devils which even their parents couldn't handle so he doesn't think Subaru could take advantage of them at all, and because Tsubahi are really big brother-cons Natsuhi sometimes think they are a bit of a bother. I think Natsuhi is really only concerned about Hinata that's all.

Quote:
Spoiler for Suzuritani Academy - Elementary Department:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2013-03-27, 20:40   Link #346
Miraluka
Banned

Meanwhile the manga.... http://cartoonworld2.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-1372.html
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 05:29   Link #347
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Pretty much this. I mean even during that match when she got sub out and then forced to watch from the sideline and then she apologized to get sub back in it was already the beginning of her change. I would think the fact that the 6th graders owning Suzuritani's secondary line up at that open comp back in volume 11 would have made Miyu reconfirming that Keishin is a worthy opponent.

Natsuhi actually appears now and then to look at their training. Also in volume 12 by the request of Subaru he helped a great deal by mimicking some moves that Rena did to beat Tsubahi at the arcade centre and used them against Subaru (although Natsuhi only managed to pull of the between the leg passing move once), which made it possible for Subaru to draw up his plan to beat Rena. As for what he thinks about Subaru coaching his sisters - he actually doesn't mind so much because Tsubahi are little devils which even their parents couldn't handle so he doesn't think Subaru could take advantage of them at all, and because Tsubahi are really big brother-cons Natsuhi sometimes think they are a bit of a bother. I think Natsuhi is really only concerned about Hinata that's all.
So Tsubahi is RKB's version of Fred and George Weasley from the Harry Potter series, huh?

Well, that doesn't go without saying that Natsuhi has actually warmed up to Subaru after that "return Hinata's pantsu" mission.

Quote:
Spoiler:
So this team reminds me of the 2001 Philadelphia 76ers, and Miyu and Rena both reminded me of Allen Iverson, one of the great NBA players of his time who could have gotten a championship ring if he had a positive attitude towards practice and training.
Old 2013-03-29, 06:36   Link #348
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post

Hinata is supposed to have the biggest chest after Airi.

Hinata is drawn the most "moe" with the biggest eyes and harmless out of the 3.
after seeing hinata breast-compared to her anime design-i could no believe my eyes:seriously,what part of her is "innocent charm".
i now see the boy who love her-takenaka-in a new light.

Last edited by azziz; 2013-03-29 at 10:20.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 17:36   Link #349
judasmartel
*Author

I see that the RKB Wiki is still pretty outdated. I would like to contribute to it when I got the time. Should I include the Suzuritani players, and then Keishin's second unit once they appear in Season 2?

Spoiler for Curious Question about Mimi:

Spoiler for Keishin Private Academy - Elementary Department:

Spoiler for Start 3Q, Keishin - 21, Suzuritani 14:

Last edited by judasmartel; 2013-03-30 at 03:41.
Old 2013-04-02, 08:10   Link #350
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Spoiler for Curious Question about Mimi:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler for Start 3Q, Keishin - 21, Suzuritani 14:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Also we have some visuals for the anime versions of the 5th graders

Looking pretty good. Keishin has all the cute players.
Old 2013-04-07, 22:01   Link #351
judasmartel
*Author

Holy smoke, they look badass and adorable in that pic. And as expected, Kagetsu has gotten really taller between seasons. I guess she would be around 156cm in S2.

Huh, so Mimi is white-haired in this one? Awesome. We need more white-haired lolis nowadays.

I see that Masami is drawn to be about as tall as Tomoka. So where do Tomoka, Maho, and Masami place in terms of height in the LNs?

Last edited by judasmartel; 2013-04-07 at 22:31.
Old 2013-04-08, 01:28   Link #352
tsunade666

woowwowowowowowowowowowoowowwwwwwwwwwooooooooo!!!

Is that the 5th graders? adsfasgagajsdhajehnfae a loosing speech ability...drip .... drip.. loosing too much blood.
Old 2013-04-08, 02:48   Link #353
azziz

if i may ask,when anime S2 will be aired?
Old 2013-04-08, 02:50   Link #354
judasmartel
*Author

I've read it will be released by June or July, just in time after the NBA Finals.
Old 2013-04-08, 06:34   Link #355
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Holy smoke, they look badass and adorable in that pic. And as expected, Kagetsu has gotten really taller between seasons. I guess she would be around 156cm in S2.
The novel hasn't disclosed any physical stats for the 5th graders unfortunately. Also read below....

Quote:
Huh, so Mimi is white-haired in this one? Awesome. We need more white-haired lolis nowadays.
Her hair is supposed to be silver coloured. Gray-ish is probably as good as it gets for anime colouring though.

Quote:
I see that Masami is drawn to be about as tall as Tomoka. So where do Tomoka, Maho, and Masami place in terms of height in the LNs?
No idea. But from the team shot in volume 12 which looks more or less to scale it actually looks like Masami is taller than Saki whom is the second tallest of the 6th graders at 148cm, followed by Maho at 145cm and Tomoka at 142cm. That would probably put Masami at 150cm.

As for Kagetsu you can probably judge her height relative to Airi. While we don't know exactly how tall Airi is, we do know that she's just a tad shorter than Subaru whom is 172cm and a fair bit taller than Aoi at 163cm, my guess would be Airi is probably around 168cm. I think this would make Kagetsu in the high 150s - maybe somewhere between 156-158cm, though 156cm looks like a good guess as I think it was mentioned than Kagetsu is roughly 10cms taller than Tomoka during the 5th graders match, give her another couple of cm for the few months between that and the Suzuritani match that seems reasonable.

So in terms of height it should probably look something like this:
1) Airi (168cm?)
2) Kagetsu (156cm?)
3) Masami (150cm?)
4) Saki (148cm)
5) Maho (145cm)
6) Tomoka (142cm)
7) Tsubahi (140cm?)
9) Mimi (~135cm?)
10) Hinata (131cm)
Old 2013-04-08, 10:36   Link #356
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

Is that the 5th graders? adsfasgagajsdhajehnfae a loosing speech ability...drip .... drip.. loosing too much blood.
I'm calling the police just in case...
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 10:54   Link #357
azziz

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I'm calling the police just in case...
how naive,what make you think the police will no side with us,lolicon?

Last edited by azziz; 2013-04-08 at 11:23.
Old 2013-04-11, 06:24   Link #358
judasmartel
*Author

Say, is it about time to update the RKB Wiki. To me, it's still pretty outdated although they have already added the boys' team.
Old 2013-04-15, 01:12   Link #359
judasmartel
*Author

My memory is a bit fuzzy, but when did the LN's introduce Keishin's second unit? I know that Kagetsu was introduced earlier, but I wanted to know when did they introduce the others (Mimi, Masami, the Takenaka twins).

Any information will be appreciated as I'm putting it on myself to update the RKB Wiki as long as I am able. Thank you.
Old 2013-04-20, 03:26   Link #360
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

...dammit now the thread is ruined.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen