AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-09-25, 04:00   Link #1121
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's a collector's item to begin with, similiar to the $100 price tag on their BD volumes.
...Then how many copies should have been sold for the 'game' to be considered as having sold well? If we compare it to BD anime volumes, it sold OK. Though it sounds silly comparing PSP game sales to BD anime sales (different mediums).
Old 2013-09-25, 04:05   Link #1122
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Sorry, that answer is beyond my powers.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 04:11   Link #1123
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

No biggie. But at least I have some perspective now.
Old 2013-09-26, 03:51   Link #1124
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Actually that brings up something that I wanted to know: WHY did Ensemble sell so poorly?

Its completely baffling when compared to the big success of the movie. Was it poor advertisement? Negative campaigning? The movie taking all of the spotlight and actually hindering sales? Or was the Road to Endymion LN which covered part of Ensemble the one that gave the killing blow?

From the spoilers that were posted in the Ensemble thread and the glimpse from the Road to Endymion LN, it seemed just like any novel that Kamachi would write except in VN form. It's so confusing
Have you seen the game... It's absolutely horrible from gameplay that I saw... I don't know why I would but it except for the story, but a game is supposed to be fun...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 08:57   Link #1125
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Have you seen the game... It's absolutely horrible from gameplay that I saw... I don't know why I would but it except for the story, but a game is supposed to be fun...
iirc, it's a VN... nothing horrible about that.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 13:19   Link #1126
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
...Then how many copies should have been sold for the 'game' to be considered as having sold well? If we compare it to BD anime volumes, it sold OK. Though it sounds silly comparing PSP game sales to BD anime sales (different mediums).
Sales weren't great, but I don't think they were terrible for a visual novel. For comparison, here are some first week numbers for tie-in PSP games:

Index - 56k (this one is a fighting game?)
Railgun - 29k
Ensemble - 19k
Haganai - 54k
Oreimo - 88k
Oreimo Continued - 50k
Toradora - 38k
Saki - 20k

Success is likely influenced by release timing (i.e. launching around the same time as a TV anime adaptation) and story theme. For instance, Haganai and Oreimo () are targeted toward readers who'd probably enjoy bishoujo games, so VN spin-offs are perfect. However, Index readers might not necessarily be as inclined to spend money on a visual novel.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote