AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-16, 17:55   Link #1
crystar
*yawns*

Shining Tears X

While Shining Tears X has not been licensed yet, it is produced by MFI, therefore we won't be listing fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is "restricted", the following posts are no longer allowed.
  • Asking where you can find Shining Tears X downloads or torrents.
  • Asking for help downloading Shining Tears X.
  • Asking for playback help for Shining Tears X episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story. End of edit by Mod (xris)

I can't find a thread for this so... I thought I would make one.

Official Website: http://shining-world.jp/tv_tearsX/
Game Website: http://www.sega.com/gamesite/shiningtears/

Broadcast: April 6th, 2007

Animation Producer: Studio DEEN
Director: Watanabe Hiroshi
Series Composition: Masaki Hiro
Screenplay: Masaki Hiro
Original Concept: Sawada Tsuoshi
Original Character Design: Tony Taka
Character Design: Emori Mariko and Ban Yukiko

Confirmed Seiyuus

Souma/Zero: Hoshi Souchirou
Blanc Neige: Ayako Kawasumi
Mao: Chiwa Saito
Ryuna: Misato Fukuen
Elwyn: Ryou Hirohashi
Lazarus: Yoshinori Sonobe
Kaito Kiriya: Akira Ishida
Reia Hiruta: Kumi Sakuma
Kaon Shiina: Nana Mizuki
Haruhito Saionji: Ryotaro Okiayu
Touka Kureha: Yui Horie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeNewsNetwork
Mysterious disappearances are occurring one after the other in Tatsumi Town. Kiriya has a vision from a mysterious beautiful girl with pointy ears. A book talking for an alternative world is found. And Mao searching for her long lost friend, Zero, comes to our world. But what she didn’t expect is to find Souma and Kureha, and even less, to accidentally take them to her world. Now, Souma and Kureha have to find a way to come back. But other forces are playing their part in the darkness and Souma with Kureha will find that going back is harder than they first anticipated.
-----------------------------------------------------------

I know most initial reactions to this was rather negative because of all the RPGs they could do they just had to choose this one. Albeit I don't actually hate Shining Tears that much. Mostly cause of Dark Xion and Neige. If we had some nicely animated fighting/war scenes it could work out, even if the plot is rather predictable and cliche.

Xion looks cool in the above picture. And Neige. *_* Now if only cool pictures would equal good anime.

Last edited by crystar; 2007-05-18 at 07:27.
crystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 18:06   Link #2
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Just i wondering if they still remain the Ring Effect
Spoiler:
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 18:41   Link #3
DangerMouse

The ring is quite prominent in the anime "poster" so I think it will still do what it did in the game.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 18:57   Link #4
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Never played the game, but I am still willing to watch a few episodes.
Old 2007-03-16, 23:25   Link #5
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Never played the game, but I am still willing to watch a few episodes.
Yeah, whatever you do don't play the game. Just stick with the anime version if you are curious. Odds are very good it will be superior and you really don't need to play the game to enjoy this. I don't have much info on whether the X signifies a sequel or an adapation, but it's looking like the latter. Even still the game is not worth your time unless you have a lot of time on your hands and a lot of patience for load screens, boring repetitive combat reminiscent of early Dynasty Warriors games and insepid dialogue. I somehow get the feeling that Sega botched the translation once again and the dialogue may not be as bad as it appears in the English game. That's one of the reasons why I am extremely curious about the anime.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 13:16   Link #6
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Yeah, whatever you do don't play the game. Just stick with the anime version if you are curious. Odds are very good it will be superior and you really don't need to play the game to enjoy this.
Yeah, everybody tells me the game is not worth the trouble. I saw a few videos back at IGN and walked away a bit dissapointed.

It shoudn't be hard for the anime to be better then.
Old 2007-03-17, 13:21   Link #7
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Yeah the game really sucked. There's coming a sequel to the game btw, Shining Wind.
The intro for Shining Tears was pretty cool though
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 05:10   Link #8
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

The game made me ill, mainly because the character development had so much potential but they dropped the ball and the horrid gameplay couldn't save it. So considering an anime has no "gameplay" I think it may do just fine. Surely with some good writing they can make the girls strong enough to pull people into the show.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 06:32   Link #9
TrueKnight

Though it's only a 6.5-7 out of 10 for me, I actually enjoyed the game. The gameplay was decent, customizing your characters, skills and equipment wise like FF XII is actually a plus. The horrid thing about it was actually the loading time where you wish you could bomb the shit out of SEGA. It's not really surprising when people gave around 2-5 score out of 10, but I enjoyed the liberty of customization.

As for the anime, anyone has infos on how many episodes they plan to make?I wonder which ending will the anime take. (Here's hoping an ending with Niege ).

Btw, the official website has been updated,

http://shining-world.jp/tv_tearsXwind/
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 07:09   Link #10
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Personally, I believe that while it may incorporate the story elements of the game, I highly doubt it's going to be a faithful adaption.

Well, it's going to be directed by Hiroshi Watanabe of Slayers, Star Ocean EX, and Orphen fame, so I doubt it's going to be anything that bad. While it would be personally preferable to me if it could go for an Orphen, with a solid mixture of rich character development, interaction and drama, the other 2 wouldn't be that bad either. EX captured the spirit of Star Ocean 2 rather well, even if the 2nd half was continued in drama CDs instead and a fun show akin to Slayers wouldn't be bad either.

Masaki Hiro on the other hand... His track record isn't that impressive. He's been involved in the writings of several decent series like Kukkinikuman II, Gash Bell and Sonic X...all of which weren't that great either, but this looks like the first time he's the one in charge solely. We'll see where it goes.

True, the source material isn't the greatest, but so long they're not pulling a Ragnarok Online, I'd think liberties with execution can only be a better thing. How much better...well, that depends.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 13:24   Link #11
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Though it's only a 6.5-7 out of 10 for me, I actually enjoyed the game. The gameplay was decent, customizing your characters, skills and equipment wise like FF XII is actually a plus. The horrid thing about it was actually the loading time where you wish you could bomb the shit out of SEGA. It's not really surprising when people gave around 2-5 score out of 10, but I enjoyed the liberty of customization.

As for the anime, anyone has infos on how many episodes they plan to make?I wonder which ending will the anime take. (Here's hoping an ending with Niege ).

Btw, the official website has been updated,

http://shining-world.jp/tv_tearsXwind/
I'll join you in bombing the shit out of this once great company. Nothing but complete crap from them in the last 5 years since the Dreamcast died in America. Apparentely even when they got rid of the players abililty to control Sonics horizontal movement in the Wii game they still somehow botched the controls and the music sounds like a bad Linkin Park CD. My god they've practically joined the ranks of Titus, Stellar Stone, Acclaim and THQ. I have this thing called the Black Trinary of prolific gamemakers which contained Acclaim, Activision and THQ and then Acclaim went off and EA took its place, but now EA has been pulled off and replaced by SEGA. I almost guarantee you SEGA thought "Well okay our game sucks in everything but art, but they'll forgive us if we get Tony Taka to draw some really attractive girls and have them in the game".

@ Nightengale I've said it once and I'll say it again, the anime is already better by default if SEGA isn't allowed to touch it. Pray that it isn't a faithful adaptation, but told properly. We'll probably get far more story and character out of it as an anime. And I will support a motion to approve TrueKnights theory that without gameplay it is also better by default. Grumble Grumble.........
Old 2007-03-23, 16:47   Link #12
andromeda0201

It has a very good cast though, the 2 main characters are played by Souchiro Hoshi and Akira Ishida ... **cough**Kira and Athrun again?
hope it doesn't turn into a disappointment, it does look a bit like Record of Lodoss War though
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 18:48   Link #13
DSJFX18
Destiny

Hmmm.... I'll be looking forward to this. Ever since I watched the intro a few years ago which was pretty sexy, I had something like an attachment to it. I also like the character designs. Well I hope the anime will do good, considering the game didn't really have such a great reputation.
DSJFX18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 07:31   Link #14
Edge
(*^ヮ')b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I'll join you in bombing the shit out of this once great company. Nothing but complete crap from them in the last 5 years since the Dreamcast died in America.
The problem with the Shining series in its current incarnation is the noticable lack of Camelot at the reigns of the series' development. Rewind back to the days of the Saturn, where the Shining series was still in the safe hands of Camelot: both Shining Force III and Shining The Holy Ark were (and still are!) two of the most prominent titles in the series. Then, for reasons put down to contrasting interests, Sega's deal with Camelot came to an abrupt end and Shining fans were left with Sega's poor in-house development attempts at the series (more specifically, Shining Soul).

I personally enjoyed Shining Tears once I began to look past the horrendous loading times, somehow. Perhaps its aesthetics (delivered by Tony) soothed my pains. orz

I'm looking forward to see how Shining Wind turns out, but like others have similarly commented, my faith in Sega to deliver something as superb as what Camelot was capable of continues to wane considerably. Don't even get me started on Sonic Team...

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to see Watanabe's take on Shining Tears.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 11:23   Link #15
DangerMouse

Yeah, Shining Tears had gorgeous art that got me to look past some of it's gameplay flaws so I hope the anime will have good animation so I can actually enjoy the storyline without the decent but at times tedious gameplay.

I seriously miss the Shining strategy rpgs, they were some of my favorite games (even the Sega CD one) and should be giving the Fire Emblem series a serious run for it's money. It still bugs me when Sega says "Strategy RPGs don't really take advantage of the newer systems so we're moving to strategy action instead" in the past when asked about a new Strategy installment now that the Neo line has gone even further away from the series roots.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 13:33   Link #16
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Yeah, Shining Tears had gorgeous art that got me to look past some of it's gameplay flaws so I hope the anime will have good animation so I can actually enjoy the storyline without the decent but at times tedious gameplay.

I seriously miss the Shining strategy rpgs, they were some of my favorite games (even the Sega CD one) and should be giving the Fire Emblem series a serious run for it's money. It still bugs me when Sega says "Strategy RPGs don't really take advantage of the newer systems so we're moving to strategy action instead" in the past when asked about a new Strategy installment now that the Neo line has gone even further away from the series roots.
Anything Sega says about the industry should be subject to the utmost scrutiny since they can barely comprehend how to make a game anymore, let alone what people want in a game (Decent Music for one would be nice after witnessing the emo-rock soundtrack of Sonic and The Secret Rings). I think they are caught on the idea that people want their games to be as mature, edgy and realistic as possible if nothing else. My advice is to leave them to die a quiet death.
Old 2007-03-26, 14:12   Link #17
FireChick

I'm getting this feeling that a week after Shounen Onmyouji's end (which is this week for SO ending), Shining Tears X Wind will take it's timeslot since both series are produced by Studio Deen.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 00:43   Link #18
Grave

This show will definitely get sub :P dont you worry haha
Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 05:01   Link #19
crystar
*yawns*

Added in seiyuus to the first post. I can't really remember but... was there always characters with Japanese names?
crystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 05:47   Link #20
eevaleena

Umm... according to the official sites, the broadcast date is 6th April.. NOT 3rd April.
eevaleena is offline   Reply With Quote