AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-11-03, 14:13   Link #4241
Statonxyb
hrm

Every zone always gives you leeway in the quest number department. If you're short some quests for the completion achievement, check Wowhead's comments on that achievement's page as people often provide locations for easily-missed quests.
Old 2009-11-03, 14:41   Link #4242
Xacual

Actually some zones don't give you any leeway at all. Nagrand for Alliance comes to mind. Honestly for Blade's Edge, make sure you have done all the Ogrila questlines.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 14:56   Link #4243
Statonxyb
hrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Actually some zones don't give you any leeway at all. Nagrand for Alliance comes to mind. Honestly for Blade's Edge, make sure you have done all the Ogrila questlines.
Accessible to the Alliance, there are 92 quests to be done in Nagrand. If you exclude the daily ones and the Consortium "Membership" benefit quests, you're left with 82. Granted, it's only seven above the requirement, but it is some leeway; in comparison with WotLK, I will say with you that the leeway isn't exactly a generous one.
Old 2009-11-03, 17:29   Link #4244
Xacual

Maybe its just me, but I remember doing every single quest in Nagrand, questlines that went there at some point during their line, etc and I was only 1 quest over how many I needed.

Some of the quests don't count for the achievement so I hope you aren't just looking on wowhead or something and saying look there is that many quests.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-11-03, 17:40   Link #4245
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'm ho[ing that of the quests I have, the three slightly easier ones count (or even better if the Mana-Tombs quest for the prison key also counts since I'm not all that good at playing Simon), then I'll be done with Outland and can focus on Icecrown. There at least I have some options. I can finish the Alliance quests and Ebon Blade quests for six, or do that Valhalla quest chain for the same. All are five man, but the Ebon Blade quest in phased and might be a slight problem...depending on if people who've done it can go back and kill those Death Knights (did Blood and Frost...the Unholy guy's adds kept blowing us away from him so we couldn't finish him off).

Getting all this done long before CATA hits means that I'll have one character that did...a lot of the old world stuff, and that I can use a new character to get the new worlds stuff...not that they will change all the quest, just a few here and there. Just that the new character will be able to experiance the world fresh...rather than running around places I've been before...on foot or with a slow mount (because I didn't get an epic riding mount until after I hit 70...because I'm a warlock, and I wanted to get it via the Dreadstead quest chain...just getting people into Scholomance and Dire Maul was a pain then...before the achievements when someone will do it for just that reason. Though I had enough gold to get the flying skill the same night I got the Dreadstead. I even had all the part I needed to make my first flying mount already. Shattered Sun Dailies were good for that.)

Last edited by Ithekro; 2009-11-03 at 19:03.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 00:24   Link #4246
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

is there any web sites that's for warlocks? I knwo there are some for pallys but I can't find any on warlocks
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 03:07   Link #4247
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Ensidia forums are usually your best bet. They are very polite and detailed.

And on Warlocks, I got mine to 80 today, my 7th toon at 80 now. The number of 80s I'm already outdpsing is scary...this class is too OP in PvE.
Old 2009-11-04, 03:30   Link #4248
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Self buffed (fel armor, trinket effect), with I suppose lesser gear, and nothing else, I haven't yet broke 10,000 on a Chaos Bolt crit. I think the highest was in the 9,800s.

I'm guessing Mages out dps for short bursts, while Warlocks handle things in prolonged fights where DoTs can have time to do their thing. Though specced destruction and recently glyphing to Conflagrate has be interesting since it no longer stops by Immolate spell, and I can I suppose do it twice on one Immolate even with a Chaos Bolt thrown in first. Haven't really got to try it much since most things die before I need a second Conflagrate.

But that's for questing and dailies. Instances...if we are undermanned I try Affliction now, though I'm wondering if I should try Demonology for that...because Destruction tends to over-threat our tank if I just try to blast the ever-loving hell out of a target...or the mage and I are AoE blasting multiple targets. The Voidwalker helps sometimes as a sort of off-tank...or mild distraction usually. But after he's killed I switch to the Imp. Maybe because I rarely use the other demons...I'm not even sure how they work anymore.
Old 2009-11-04, 04:17   Link #4249
Statonxyb
hrm

If you're looking for a website for information on optimizing your character for PvE situations, I recommend http://www.elitistjerks.com/.

They've been around for ages and their forums are the go-to place for character optimization, mechanics, and et cetera - all of it supported by very complicated mathematics.

On the topic of the Icecrown quest achievement, I do believe you'll have to do a decent bit of the group quests there for it, as I found it impossible without blowing through most of them. The Unholy Rider quest can be tricky at first, but I was able to solo him as melee just by kiting him around and avoiding the zombies (which move rather slowly and despawn after a short period of time). A Warlock commented on the quest (http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=13161) on how he did it using his demonic circle while kiting and avoiding zombies.

The followup quest after killing all 3 Riders is phased and others can't help you with it, though with the 15% movement speed rune from the Bone Witch, I believe he's kitable (the guy even moves slower when he hits 20% as well).
Old 2009-11-04, 09:41   Link #4250
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post

And on Warlocks, I got mine to 80 today, my 7th toon at 80 now. The number of 80s I'm already outdpsing is scary...this class is too OP in PvE.
dude, warlock is not OP, trust me when I say later down the road you will find warlock is like the cake in Portal; it's a lie <.<

If they are so great then I wouldn't be looking for help left and right

Quote:
I recommend http://www.elitistjerks.com/.
I read everything there and nothing I need is there, they just put out graphs and theory and that's it for warlock forum

Last edited by gummybear; 2009-11-04 at 10:56.
Old 2009-11-04, 11:17   Link #4251
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Elitlist Jerks pretend to know what they're talking about. Their Death Knight discussions are a joke. Like I said, go to the Ensidia forums. These guys are actually decent enough to be revealing with what they use to make them better.

In 4 hours of doing stuff with my Warlock at 80, it's already at 2235 spell power and can still have several major improvements....hooray for welfare epics. Not hard to gear up a new 80 at present.
Old 2009-11-04, 11:33   Link #4252
Xacual

Maybe I'm mistaken but Elitist Jerks has a lot more than just graphs and theory. I've been told their DK discussions are off but I've never had a problem using their site for my mage or my druid. It is basically can you sit there and read through their topics and glean out the information you are looking for.

Fun Edit! My guild downed Twins in ToGC25, now we get to be tied with 6 other guilds on the server behind the top two who are stuck on Anub....

Last edited by Xacual; 2009-11-05 at 02:08.
Old 2009-11-05, 12:42   Link #4253
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

My guild's main raid did Tribute to Mad Skill in TOGC 25 last week. They only did to Skill this week. The amount of rage coming in guild chat in the direct aftermath was freaky...A certain Horde guild on our server which pretends to not exist got Insanity over a month ago. Needless to say, everyone else on the server is spurred on by that. Alt raid is currently stuck on Twins HM. Healers can't keep up enough people, DPS isn't strong enough to break down a Twin Pact shield. And we took 19 minutes to do a HM Faction Champs kill in the alt raid...I do about 3 GDKPs on normal ToC25 a week, hoping to be able to do 4 soon.
Old 2009-11-05, 18:00   Link #4254
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

EJ has gone downhill a lot. You'll get the odd good bit of advice, but generally a lot of idiots post there now which frustrates the good posters, and the whole warning system they have is just crazy unfriendly to people who want to ask a question.
Old 2009-11-05, 22:16   Link #4255
Scorpian
Banned

I still miss the isle of quel thalas.... World pvp is pretty much non-existent at the moment, which to me was a very fun & important part of the game. Now (on my server at least) its mostly all about stupid guild politics and just raiding. *yawn...*
Scorpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 23:12   Link #4256
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Down to just three quests...in the Blade Edge Mountains..to make Loremaster. Finished enough of Icecrown to make Loremaster of Northrend today.
Old 2009-11-05, 23:23   Link #4257
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

how long do you think they will start selling cash equipments since they start selling cash pets, not that is a bad thing, it's one way to combat all those ebay gold sellers selling full T9.5 geared and achievement character and such.

On a side note, this whole gear score thing is turning into a fetish for some people, they no longer care if someone actually got somehting done before, they just want high gear score just for looks <.<
Old 2009-11-05, 23:26   Link #4258
Xacual

You know they technically already sold pets with the Trading Card game. I don't believe they will ever sell characters because that actually has an impact on the game. Selling a non combat pet for 10 dollars is nothing.

People who use gear score to determine player quality are laughable.

Old 2009-11-05, 23:33   Link #4259
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
You know they technically already sold pets with the Trading Card game. I don't believe they will ever sell characters because that actually has an impact on the game. Selling a non combat pet for 10 dollars is nothing.

People who use gear score to determine player quality are laughable.
I didn't say bliz sell character, I said cash gears like all other MMO right now is doing.

and you don't knwo half of it on what most my server is doing when they are forming a group <.< they rejected me over a noob heal with full T9 gears that can't do more then 1k HPS which my friend told me after cause he made it into the group <.< and yet they wiped break after the first boss...
Old 2009-11-06, 02:40   Link #4260
Xacual

No I know a lot of servers have idiots that are using gear score in that way. It doesn't stop them from being stupid and not worth grouping with.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows