AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

Old 2009-01-13, 10:14   Link #81
Jerseykid

I liked the school life better than the action and the action was great
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 10:35   Link #82
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
After Asu no Yoichi , here another great anime with a good main character who he is not weak yeah !!
Wow there are a lot of characters , amazing ! Good action more and more ! We have pratically all different character is awesome ^^ I will follow this anime ! (its look like a RPG game ) Well , it was Layfon past i think and now he is in a school ! He already got a girlfriend ! Omg Harley , his voice not fit him !(his style too )
Wait for the next ep !
not only that but both protagonists from both series are voiced by the same guy!

Nobuhiko OKAMOTO

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 14:26   Link #83
Cinocard

What an eventful first ep. We can summary and conclude a few thing about the storyline?

The world is filled with monster, human gather in special cities, military academies compete in Inter-city tournament to get fame and budget.

Our Protagonist, Leifon is actually quite famous.

The beginning was actually a flashback of Leifon in the past, and he wields a weapon listed as Heaven-Blade, a group of uber strong weapons. The white haired guy at the beginning might be the student council president.

The president may be the one gave the order for 2 new students to fight, and even make the blue haired guy leave 17th platoon, all were setup to put Leifon in?

Something happened in the past between Nina and the bald guy. I'm 80% sure he will turn from enemy to be ally later on.

And i see canons. Love-square for Leifon, romance between Nina and Harley, the hat guy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMunchies View Post
It was a good first episode, but the music during the fight scenes were soooooo annoying. . . >_>
Really? I thought it was very fatasy-ish, i like the feeling it gave of exploring a whole new fantasy world.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 16:45   Link #84
Boduar

Is the weapon called Heaven-blade or is it the group of special fighters hes apart of called heaven-blade.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 17:02   Link #85
LelouchGeass

Its actually a group of special fighters. The manga kinda clarified Layfon as one of these special people who have tons of power in them.

Layfon keeps his strength secret, so its not the weapon, but the person.
LelouchGeass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 18:22   Link #86
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Ep. 1

Well now, that was boring, not that I was expecting much anyway judging from what I've read from the manga. At least there's still the ongoing Soul Eater and Shikabane Hime (no idea if it retained its atmosphere for the second season though) for good old shounen fun.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 19:30   Link #87
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

I still have no idea what in world was going on with their world (other than they're being harassed by bugs) but I still think the series is madly cool. I think I'm going to watch more.
Mei19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 21:30   Link #88
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by LelouchGeass View Post
Its actually a group of special fighters. The manga kinda clarified Layfon as one of these special people who have tons of power in them.
novel spoiler
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by herbert; 2009-01-15 at 00:51.
herbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 22:18   Link #89
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Wow, the guy is a chick magnet! And he is mega bad ass too... It is so fucking rare to see a combination of both.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 23:25   Link #90
Boduar

Its definately refreshing to have a main character who I hope wont be a complete wimp and get beaten senseless or just not fight. Almost every anime I started watching last season for action I dropped because the main characters were terribly weak ... winning by luck the entire series does not make for a good anime.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 04:06   Link #91
Oxtail

Best harem setup episode this season! Exactly how many girls with romantic potential were introduced this episode? I lost count. Though I dunno how that's going to work since it looks like he has a girlfriend.
Oxtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 09:23   Link #92
FuzzyWuzzy

So I'm not really sure what is happening.

So let me get this straight. The main character is this super strong ninja leet wowzor one shot pwning monster killing genius. He belonged to a group of other leet geniuses and he was actually in training to improve his skills more.

But somewhere along the lines or as time passes by, he wanted a change. He wanted a new beginning or new life so he went to this school as a normal "general" student. So a girl kissed him before he left to school and another girl is falling for him and he was recruited by a girl to be in their platoon, and another girl that is loli asked his helped. So the harem potential is also through the roof.

Did I get everything right?
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 09:43   Link #93
Estaron
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post

So let me get this straight. The main character is this super strong ninja leet wowzor one shot pwning monster killing genius. He belonged to a group of other leet geniuses and he was actually in training to improve his skills more.

But somewhere along the lines or as time passes by, he wanted a change. He wanted a new beginning or new life so he went to this school as a normal "general" student. So a girl kissed him before he left to school and another girl is falling for him and he was recruited by a girl to be in their platoon, and another girl that is loli asked his helped. So the harem potential is also through the roof.

Not everything lol
Spoiler for Setting Etc. May spoil badly:

I wonder if I should write notes on the ep... This ep is hard to understand without reading the book.
Estaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 09:45   Link #94
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post

I thought it was the other way around… He got accepted into the school and then joined some kind of special forces... Anyway, the first episode was really confusing... Just like Prism Ark.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 09:46   Link #95
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I thought it was a pretty alright episode. Typical of ZXEXS anime in first-ep-confusion.

But the premise reminds me a LOT of Final Fantsy 8. Rival school factions, raising up students to be soldiers, domed cities? Wow
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 09:51   Link #96
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
It would have been a nice one for me if it was not for the battle music that made me cringe.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 10:47   Link #97
slidingk1

Oh please Please very big Please don't go down in flames like Prism Ark. Since that giant fiasco I'm more hesitant about picking up new stuff.

Impressions so far the first episode seems to work for me in some way. The character designs are very nice by far the best looking so far this season. That and as long as it doesn't get super emo I'm ok with it. Here's hoping that we have a male lead that actually man's up and has a pair. I'm sick of the pathetic I don't want to fight pussies and spineless tools.
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 12:06   Link #98
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
I thought it was the other way around… He got accepted into the school and then joined some kind of special forces... Anyway, the first episode was really confusing... Just like Prism Ark.
Summary on AniDB:

Quote:
*Based on a light novel series by Shuusuke Amagi, illustrated by Miyuu.

The world was infected by "Pollutant" years ago - world cracked open and generally screwed up. This Pollutant spawns nasty "Pollutant Beasts", but it's also resulted in people gaining special powers. The towns that now litter the world are protected by alchemists and are mobile - these are the "Regios" of the title.

The story follows a guy named Lei-Fon Alseif who starts at a new school following the disappearance of his childhood friend and gets recruited into the special 17th Platoon in order to combat Pollutant Beasts.
That should clear up the time line.

Also herbert, you are discussing manga facts that have not been revealed in the anime yet. Please put that into spoiler tags.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 12:38   Link #99
asrielchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Summary on AniDB:

The story follows a guy named Lei-Fon Alseif who starts at a new school following the disappearance of his childhood friend and gets recruited into the special 17th Platoon in order to combat Pollutant Beasts.

Which childhood friend?

I read the novels but cant seem to remember there's any disappearance of a childhood friend. Maybe anidb got it wrong somehow...

Watched the first episode. I don't know what the show's trying to do by messing with the timeline and packing so much information into the first episode. Some of the scenes would be better suited if revealed later IMO. Anyway, has to watch a few more eps to see how this would turn out. But seeing Ikeda Mamiko's name in the staff credits doesn't really get my hopes up.
Old 2009-01-14, 14:07   Link #100
iceyfw

Spoiler for Question for novel readers:
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen