AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-04-04, 05:09   Link #1
HmR.kS

Needless

Due to the World War III, many areas in Japan are contaminated and ruined beyond hope. Also known as Black Spots, these places are isolated from the rest of the country by huge walls. As time passes, some people started living in the Black Spots and among them, some discovered powers like controlling fire, wind and other supernatural abilities. People who have such powers like them are called, “Needless”. On the other hand, a drug-making company, Simeon, has gathered a group of only the strongest Needless to begin a plan of what they call Needless Hunting. Needless who were hunted each had a part of their body missing. Rumors has it that the drug-making company is actually holding human body experiments in order to develop a drug that could grant immortality.

A boy who was part of a resistance group against Simeon escaped death when Adam Blade, the protagonist, destroyed the mechanical Needless hunter without use of any form of powers. In order to keep its secrets safe, a Needless was dispatched in order to get rid of Blade. But when that failed, the two personal guards of Adam Arkwright, leader of Simeon Needless group, were sent to succeed the uncompleted task.

All in all, the plot is somewhat decent, not great. However, the plot isn’t what I’m reading this manga for, though I’m not saying the plot sucks, it’s decent. But it’s the fighting scenes that I’m looking forward to! The intense blood and sweat battles between Needless! If you love fighting scenes like a true shonen does, then you’ll do good not to miss this title. The fight between Eve, the heroine on the left side of the picture above, and one of the personal guard of Arkwright at the end of volume one was totally ass-kicking! It was an overwhelming one-sided battle but at last they managed to figure out his trick (but readers were not informed, yet). And that’s when volume one ended on me. God damn, I swear I picked volume two right away when I went down to Kinokuniya after that. There’s a few humorous moments here and there in this title, not much, but when it decides to make you laugh, you would. They weren’t just tickles, they were LOL moments.

Humor: 5/10
Plot: 6/10
Character Design: 9/10
Overall: 8/10

Author: 今井 神 (Kami Imai)

This manga review is proudly brought to you by ChapterDesu.Com!

Last edited by HmR.kS; 2008-09-15 at 23:21.
HmR.kS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 18:27   Link #2
Westlo
Lets be reality

Noticed that the anime was set for July so I read the first four chapters that were scanned, alright start for a typical shonen manga. Will be reading more of this once more scans are released and following the MADHOUSE anime of it.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 10:06   Link #3
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Maybe some manga reader would like to spoil us anime viewers (with tags, of course) - who's the green-haired "loli" in the ED? Cruz, Nee-san, or none of the above?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 15:48   Link #4
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Never mind - intrepid detective work and intuition have led me to my answer. Here's an image that explains almost everything, but don't open it unless you've read the manga to the end or don't mind being massively spoiled. Or if you have a weak constitution or any discretion whatsoever. Seriously, don't look at it.

Spoiler for Do not view after eating or before attempting to sleep:
Old 2009-07-28, 02:38   Link #5
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Never mind - intrepid detective work and intuition have led me to my answer. Here's an image that explains almost everything, but don't open it unless you've read the manga to the end or don't mind being massively spoiled. Or if you have a weak constitution or any discretion whatsoever. Seriously, don't look at it.

Spoiler for Do not view after eating or before attempting to sleep:
I can't see it.
Old 2009-07-28, 02:51   Link #6
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

It's a little white dot image from the animesuki forums.

Come on man fix the image.
Old 2009-07-28, 04:02   Link #7
Johnny
Working the bags...

ED goes by too fast for me, is she the one with the teddy bear your asking about...? Other than her if I think who else your talking about, she's no loli in the manga. And if she is, yes it's a major spoiler but one most seen coming...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 09:23   Link #8
arkhangelsk

Talking about said major spoiler, the fact they are doing it at all says how much the manga is succeeding so they are stretching it out before returning. No series whose time is running out would have used Books 8 and 9 for their present purpose - in fact the story could probably have been wrapped in Book 7 if it wasn't selling.

I must say I have mixed feelings about the whole Book 8 and the arcs that seems set to continue for some time. On the one hand, Mio and Cruz were very cute there, and it is a nice change of pace from what was a continuous run of combat interspersed with humor breaks, on the other hand, even counting Mio's mercuriality and her lack of real negative feelings towards Cruz and Blade and the others, she still had very little reason to stick close to Cruz once she learned the direction of the bear maker.

Cruz ... well ... sure it is correct he'll last all of two seconds if he meets a Needless or even a random punk, but after Mio sold him out in Book 3 (though it was "only business"), one would think he'll consider at least a little more before pairing up.

It just doesn't add up very well, even for this manga...
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 12:26   Link #9
Johnny
Working the bags...

Well I know one thing, I'd hate to be the editor that has to redraw sfx. It's almost non-stop fighting throughout the entire thing...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 02:49   Link #10
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
I just want to know, if Cruz stays the crying baby he is right now in the anime or will he (hopefully) change and maybe even fight?
Old 2009-08-04, 02:54   Link #11
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just don't be like Simon that's all I ask of Cruz...
Old 2009-08-05, 13:19   Link #12
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Preview of Needless 0 manga and Needless manga vol.9

Spoiler for tidy:

Seems there is more to the BLACK SPOT story than meets the eye!
Old 2009-08-06, 17:37   Link #13
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silaqui View Post
I just want to know, if Cruz stays the crying baby he is right now in the anime or will he (hopefully) change and maybe even fight?
Cruz definitely...changes.
Old 2009-08-06, 23:12   Link #14
BlueDo

Seeing as how the manga takes several twists, I think I'll enjoy the anime.
Not another Simon... seconded...
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 00:24   Link #15
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Hard for me to imagine why people would diss Simon, one of the best anime characters ever... But that's a topic for another discussion. Cruz is not Simon and Needless is not TTGL.
Old 2009-08-07, 00:52   Link #16
BlueDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Hard for me to imagine why people would diss Simon, one of the best anime characters ever... But that's a topic for another discussion. Cruz is not Simon and Needless is not TTGL.
It's not that I don't like him.
I just don't want to see this show go in the same direction, which is kinda overdone.
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 01:25   Link #17
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

No worries there, assuming it's remotely faithful.
Old 2009-08-11, 07:27   Link #18
Marina2

Just finished manga vol.4......

Spoiler for The end of vol.4:
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 07:42   Link #19
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Just finished manga vol.4......

Spoiler for The end of vol.4:
That's one of the greatest thing that this manga gave! OVERKILL!!! YEAH!!!!
Old 2009-08-11, 10:53   Link #20
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Spoiler for tidy:

Seems there is more to the BLACK SPOT story than meets the eye!
Spoiler:
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, seinen