AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-10-03, 03:51   Link #1061
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo562 View Post
people complain about this manga alot but we still read it
You know its like watching a train wreck in slow motion. You know it is bad, horrible but you still can't tear your eyes off.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 10:09   Link #1062
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Just read the translation.

I still like Unzen more than most characters because he's the ONLY one who's actually brought any character development to the manga.

Spoiler:

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2009-10-03 at 22:15.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 18:10   Link #1063
AKnightWhoSaysNi!
Bring me a shrubbery!

Any chance the council members will get an actual roll after all this?
AKnightWhoSaysNi! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 20:23   Link #1064
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKnightWhoSaysNi! View Post
If Medaka goes into a coma..... (better than dead, at least)
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 21:05   Link #1065
Steel Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKnightWhoSaysNi! View Post
You're asking for a training arc, aren't ya?
Steel Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 22:27   Link #1066
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
^ lol, so true.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 04:23   Link #1067
Dark Mage

As if training would do them any good! Zen has been training all his life just to keep up with his beast master oops sorry I meant love interest and look to where it got him, getting 1 point out of 10 vs Akune? If its that kinda training.......................(trails off) LoL
Old 2009-10-04, 08:51   Link #1068
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I still love how the author can't even get his story straight.

When they all grab Medaka, Zen goes "We won't quit the council. We'll never let you be alone again."

The problem is, Medaka has been with Zenkichi since she was two. She's NEVER been alone. The author seemed to forget this, though.
Old 2009-10-04, 09:42   Link #1069
Darknemo2000

Maybe he meant her being alone when she was few months old or maybe time in her mothers womb? Who knows...
Old 2009-10-04, 10:08   Link #1070
Arturro

Maybe he was talking about a time, when he was hiding inside locker when she was outside?

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 10:39   Link #1071
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
Maybe he was talking about a time, when he was hiding inside locker when she was outside?
Not like he had much of a choice. She shoved him and the others in there with her super human stength and speed.
Old 2009-10-04, 10:56   Link #1072
Mentar
Banned

This must be the most toxic thread I've found on this forum so far. Could we please return to discussing the manga? Like, the point of this thread?

List of things I could definitely do without here:

1) Repeat whinings of people who claimed to have dropped the manga more than 5 times by now

2) Smart-aleckism about how much the manga is done/discontinued/finished etc.

Pretty please?

Thank you very much.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 12:12   Link #1073
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
Well she did push him there herself didn't she? Besides it was kind of short 'loneliness'. But again considering that Zen was with her since childhood its hard to actually find moments when she was supposed to be left alone before. I guess author simply forgot about his own story details and went emotional disregarding what he wrote before.
Old 2009-10-04, 16:16   Link #1074
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
This must be the most toxic thread I've found on this forum so far. Could we please return to discussing the manga? Like, the point of this thread?

List of things I could definitely do without here:

1) Repeat whinings of people who claimed to have dropped the manga more than 5 times by now

2) Smart-aleckism about how much the manga is done/discontinued/finished etc.

Pretty please?

Thank you very much.
Um, most of us ARE discussing the manga. True, we aren't praising it, but we are discussing it. We also don't go around asking people who enjoy the manga to stop saying how good it is, as well.

If you get right down to it, there's more people here who are dissatisfied with the manga than those who are happy, so the thread will naturally go in that direction. If we all disappeared... this thread would be lucky to get 2 posts a week. That actually happened on another forum. I left due to pressure from pro-readers and after getting several pages in a day most days, it's literally gone to maybe 6 posts a week. There isn't much to discuss outside of saying "Medaka is awesome." or something like that.
Old 2009-10-04, 16:34   Link #1075
Jourdal

Touche...but we can speculate on what comes next. I think Shiranui is on the road to becoming a magnificent bastard, which i'd appreciate.
Jourdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 17:39   Link #1076
Johnny
Working the bags...

My ridiculous theory to go along with this ridiculous manga...

Shiranui's loli body is not her real body. She's using some form of high level transformation magic to disguise herself. That's why she eats such large amounts of food to keep up her guise. Tiring of her situation she reverts back to her old form.(see below)

She snags Zenkichi away from Medaka and starts a reign of terror against the Student Council...muwahahahahaha

Spoiler:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 19:14   Link #1077
Dark Mage

OH! If your ridiculous theory came true I would love it LoL I like Shiranui a zillion times better than Medaka and if she turned out to be some sort of hidden beauty, she should've no problems snatchin Zen away Lol
Old 2009-10-04, 20:50   Link #1078
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
What NEEDS to happen is for Zen to tear himself away from Medaka and search for something else, while Medaka straightforwardly tries to get him back, so the readership can actually see that Zen means something to her. Medaka doesn't act any differently toward him than with anyone else, making the time they spend together appear as nothing special to her. Then again i've heard something happened in the latest chap(i haven't read it since the ridiculousness of chp 19), so maybe there's hope yet. Even Onidere is better than this; the plot of that manga goes nowhere, but at least its fun enough that everyone gets in on the action >.>.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 00:35   Link #1079
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
What NEEDS to happen is for Zen to tear himself away from Medaka and search for something else, while Medaka straightforwardly tries to get him back, so the readership can actually see that Zen means something to her. Medaka doesn't act any differently toward him than with anyone else, making the time they spend together appear as nothing special to her. Then again i've heard something happened in the latest chap(i haven't read it since the ridiculousness of chp 19), so maybe there's hope yet. Even Onidere is better than this; the plot of that manga goes nowhere, but at least its fun enough that everyone gets in on the action >.>.
But he already said he's not going to leave her alone again and kiss her ass for the rest of his pathetic lap-dog's life.
Old 2009-10-05, 00:44   Link #1080
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Well you can bet there will be a bunch of chapters revealing their families and how the heck they bath together when they were kids.

Medaka's supposedly from a rich family(economy-leading) and we don't know anything about Zenkichi's family for now.
So far these chapters don't show anything from "out of school"....yet. Once those chapters hit, there may be different opinions.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council