Banned

Spoiler:
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 07:45   Link #3
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
This doesn't shock me. China has always had a very casual attitude towards other peoples' intellectual property.

Hence all the iPhone knockoffs.
Old 2009-09-02, 08:07   Link #4
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Can we have some more info and not only just picture ? And I think it's the wrong section for this kind of topic.
Old 2009-09-02, 08:38   Link #5
Slice of Life
eyewitness

On the other hand, Japan is terribly late with the license fees for their writing system ...
Old 2009-09-02, 08:46   Link #6
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
On the other hand, Japan is terribly late with the license fees for their writing system ...
This is quite possibly the best response to this thread ever.

Kudos, good sir. You've made my morning.
Old 2009-09-02, 09:04   Link #7
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
This doesn't shock me. China has always had a very casual attitude towards other peoples' intellectual property.

Hence all the iPhone knockoffs.
And an insane flood of cheap consumer electronics and clothes. Which is why I'm still wary of their overreaching tendencies.

Here's the ANN link:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...5cm-per-second

This thread should be in the General Anime section.
Old 2009-09-02, 09:15   Link #8
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
You've just validated my entire opinion of Japanese Kanji for the last 10 years. I love you.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 09:51   Link #9
Mithfalath
Elegiac Servant

Send a message via Yahoo to Mithfalath
This is downright absurd... How cruel.. Now I hate China...
Old 2009-09-02, 09:54   Link #10
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

In my opinion, this is probably not surprising at all... since they make iPod knockoffs, counterfeit goods and a big problem with piracy after all.
Old 2009-09-02, 10:02   Link #11
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithfalath View Post
I don't like it either but isn't that a bit harsh? It's not like the entire country's in on a conspiracy or anything.

It really makes me sad though... I wish the Chinese creative industries could come out with more good original stuff, instead of resorting to this sort of plagiarism.

IMO it's got a lot to do with the histories of the two nations post-WWII... Japan became a place where wacky creative ideas were embraced, China a place where they were suppressed.
Old 2009-09-02, 10:02   Link #12
Nosauz

Quote:
lol I guess you hate all those portable electronics you use too, considering it's all manufactured in china, really if these companies were worried about ip, they would not locate all their factories in china, have china produce all their components. Is ip important, hell yes, but really when you talk about electronics, iphones would cost 600 dollars and not the 300 they current go for, it just happens when you go to a developing country, imatation is best form a flattery, and considering that most of china is poverty stricken they are still a developing country and not the industrial powerhouses like countries in europe or the north america. If you cross the border to mexico, the amount of "plagirism" is staggering but we don't hear it because they are relatively poor, but it's the precieved threat that china is the big bad comunist that makes these things more incensing. I'm just saying all poor nations do it, but on the electronics front the only one companies have to blame is themselves

This anime but yea wow i don't see in any value of this. might as just pirate the damn movie and not watch this crap

@Raiga, well in the past season on anime we have seen 3 or 4 three kingdoms anime, where the source material is chinese, yet you don't see the government screaming for royalties on a chinese national treasure.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 10:07   Link #13
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
@Raiga, well in the past season on anime we have seen 3 or 4 three kingdoms anime, where the source material is chinese, yet you don't see the government screaming for royalties on a chinese national treasure.
Myths and history and great classics I've generally been under the impression are public domain. I'm also not quite sure what part of my post you're responding to...

Your first paragraph raises very good points though.
Old 2009-09-02, 10:20   Link #14
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
IMO it's got a lot to do with the histories of the two nations post-WWII... Japan became a place where wacky creative ideas were embraced, China a place where they were suppressed.
... you should read your history books more often. Or give a watch to back in the future.

It is not until recently that Japan started to be considered a innovative and creative nation. Up till the 80's they used the same model as China.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 10:25   Link #15
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Quote:
Unless your house is "China free" then it's pointless to try to against it.
Sister Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 10:30   Link #16
Nosauz

The complete copying of a story with no credit given, in the case of the chinese cctv example is pretty brutally frank about it's plaigarism, but my point was the creativity isn't that free flowing in japan, it's uses many already founded, successful ideas to come up with anime concepts, and they are never considered plagarism. This case is definitely a case of almost 1:1 copy but when you look at a series like gundam seed and first season of code geass, their are many local, situations reused in both series yet I don't remember people claiming plagarism when in fact using a trope or cliche could be considered a copy of an idea.

Anyway I just find that china itself is a contradiction, the rich elite/government want it to be a shining tower of power success and wealth whereas there are still many places of illiterate and poor. It's a country that has two faces, one of industrial power due to size and population, and another one of developing country just trying to stride to break into the 21st century. So it's hard to really prescribe the right reaction to this occurrence.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 10:45   Link #17
wontaek

Let's just say that you will surprised how much Japan and USA copies from other countries as well.
Old 2009-09-02, 10:56   Link #18
npcomplete

Similar to what Nosauz mentioned, I wouldn't have a problem with this kind of copying even if illegal, if they simply attributed the work. It's one thing to be inspired by and use elements of another idea that you publicly acknowledge and another thing to pass it off as your own.
npcomplete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 10:59   Link #19
LynnieS

Very lazy of the Chinese animators - assuming that they were Chinese and not from another country getting outsource jobs - for doing this. OTOH, very interesting if they, through this, manage to subliminally attract people's attention using similar backgrounds and characters.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 11:28   Link #20
space cowboy
cowboy of space

I saw this earlier today, it kinda takes the piss a bit.

I agree with LynnieS this is very lazy work.
space cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote