AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2012-01-26, 18:56   Link #41
rei_lied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
No, this is the Soundtrack, Theme Songs Collection should've been released with the Blu-ray.
It contains 4 tracks: another verisions of Eutrepe, Departures, βίος and Rё∀L.
You can hear samples of Eutrepe & βίος there.
Is the theme songs collection also already out? Been wanting to hear a longer version of Eutrepe ~Silence~.

Anyway, the OST is great. Definitely love βίος!
Old 2012-01-27, 03:04   Link #42
Soji

Wow I found someone that a traslate the lyrics of βίος that song is beautiful..but have a nasty double-meaning. If you take the lyrics ...Take it poetically it can be about Shu and Inori.Take it literally, and it's about Mana waiting for Shu to return and remember the time he caused Lost Christmas. And no guys,if someone not say that is ok ,I don't goin to post here the traslation(at least until I know is ok,like I already said).

Last edited by Soji; 2012-01-27 at 04:37.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 03:07   Link #43
com_gwp

No one liked Friends? Its no βίος-tier for sure, but I though it was pretty good and catchy.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 07:46   Link #44
Raghe

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
No one liked Friends? Its no βίος-tier for sure, but I though it was pretty good and catchy.
Friends is one of the best songs from the OST. And Close your eyes is awesome too in my opinion.
Raghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 08:16   Link #45
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Friends is by far my favorite. βίος is great, but I probably wouldn't have been in any rush to listen to this OST had I not been looking to see if Friends would be on it.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 08:27   Link #46
zero7090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Wow I found someone that a traslate the lyrics of βίος that song is beautiful..but have a nasty double-meaning..
source plz
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 09:06   Link #47
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
I really like close your eyes, but friends is just good song for me.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 09:07   Link #48
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
source plz
I do better I quote the post itself here and made in red the lyrics.
Spoiler for post:

Well . I think is easy uderstand why the song have nasty double-meaning.

Well "friends " is not bad at all.
Old 2012-01-27, 13:00   Link #49
tsunade666

thanks for the translation. And it's indeed had a good meaning to the song. And the song friend is indeed not bad but I still like bios even though I don't understand it unlike the english song friends.
Old 2012-01-27, 13:24   Link #50
Soji

tsunade666@ Yeah...agree and I really like the duble meaning on both the girl and shu(then again make sense).
Any way on youtube I found the traslation of the 2 Guilty gear op. The user name is hmtong44 so the thanks/ credits on him .
Spoiler for 2 op:

I find this more awesome /beautiful than before now that I know what the song mean.
Old 2012-01-27, 14:30   Link #51
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
I do better I quote the post itself here and made in red the lyrics.
Spoiler for post:

Well . I think is easy uderstand why the song have nasty double-meaning.

Well "friends " is not bad at all.
You know I rather he go for Mana.....that song just confirms the beauty of that pairing.

Of course doing so may cause the Immortal Gai to respawn and protect his claim over his girl....
Old 2012-01-27, 21:27   Link #52
Allium
Keep on keeping on

βίος lyrics (from Gendou.com)

Spoiler for German:

Spoiler for English translation:
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 01:32   Link #53
zero7090

Hmm... just realise Sawano Hiroyuki is the very one who composed Maou OST.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 05:03   Link #54
Westlo
Lets be reality

Definitely the soundtrack of 2011... only thing close is Sawano's other score in Ao no Exorcist.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 00:00   Link #55
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Definitely the soundtrack of 2011... only thing close is Sawano's other score in Ao no Exorcist.
I don't know, from what I've heard of it I think it's his weakest OST so far and would go so far as to say some of the tracks are just downright grating to listen to...then again the particularly bad ones might be by Supercell since they all happen to be vocalized and sound nothing like what I'm used to hearing from Sawano and more like mediocre grunge music.

I have every Sawano OST so far, but this one I honestly have no real interest in actually owning a copy of. Just pretty disappointed honestly.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 08:17   Link #56
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I don't know, from what I've heard of it I think it's his weakest OST so far and would go so far as to say some of the tracks are just downright grating to listen to...then again the particularly bad ones might be by Supercell since they all happen to be vocalized and sound nothing like what I'm used to hearing from Sawano and more like mediocre grunge music.
To clarify, there are no supercell-composed tracks in this CD. It's all Sawano.

Suffice to say you don't like the new direction he's taking with this album, fair enough. But let's not expect the exact same bombastic orchestrated-synth fare from him in the same vein as Gundam UC and Gigantic Formula in all his subsequent work, that's just unfair to him and his right to artistic development. For better or for worse, this new album shows it.

Also keeping on the topic of development, I love "Release My Soul", to the point I think it's his best vocal song. However, do you not agree that it was a step that had "REMIND YOU" (from the Gundam UC OST2) as its foundation?

I tried, but failed to like "Ready to Go" as well. It feels like a ridiculously poor challenge to what Iwasaki Taku has been doing lately.

Gundam UC's OST is my favourite work from him, and Gigantic Formula was my gateway Sawano work. For those who've seen me on twitter, you'd know this :3
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 12:17   Link #57
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post
To clarify, there are no supercell-composed tracks in this CD. It's all Sawano.

Suffice to say you don't like the new direction he's taking with this album, fair enough. But let's not expect the exact same bombastic orchestrated-synth fare from him in the same vein as Gundam UC and Gigantic Formula in all his subsequent work, that's just unfair to him and his right to artistic development. For better or for worse, this new album shows it.

Also keeping on the topic of development, I love "Release My Soul", to the point I think it's his best vocal song. However, do you not agree that it was a step that had "REMIND YOU" (from the Gundam UC OST2) as its foundation?

I tried, but failed to like "Ready to Go" as well. It feels like a ridiculously poor challenge to what Iwasaki Taku has been doing lately.

Gundam UC's OST is my favourite work from him, and Gigantic Formula was my gateway Sawano work. For those who've seen me on twitter, you'd know this :3
Personally I like Gundam U.C, Ao no Exorcist and Gigantic Formula, but overall do tend to prefer orchestral to other types of soundtracks overwhelmingly. I do agree that he should of course be allowed to experiment, but I personally hope this isn't the only direction he's going to be going in as a composer from now on as it's just not the style of music I've liked from him so far at all.

Oh and I hear aspects of his previous OST's in all of his music. For a key example listen to the Gigantic Formula Main Theme and then Unicorn from Gundam U.C vol 1 and they sound extremely similar down to them almost repeating the same notes and timing at certain portions.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 00:22   Link #58
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
I personally can hear notes from UC in "Ω", "gエ19" and "Βασιλευζ".
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 13:47   Link #59
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Right now, I personally love the OP song, My Dearest. But some of the OST has to grow on me first. Just like usual music, takes a few listens.
Old 2012-02-17, 17:43   Link #60
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

A possible sneak peek at the full version of OP2.

blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote