AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-04-19, 08:33   Link #8041
orangejuicetang

But Kumagawa is the one who has specifically mentioned having 'never won' (although in essence, some of those might as well count as wins)

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 10:07   Link #8042
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
Spoiler for chapter 143:
I said she knows how to lose, not that she doesn't know how to win. It's completely different.

As for the general point: Minuses are naturally prone to losing. That's what makes them the opposite of abnormals, who can do things like always roll all 6's or open a door with a randomly changing password. Kumagawa is more Minus than the rest (just like Medaka is more Plus), so maybe they've won a few times in their lives, but they're still Minuses. Losing is who they are.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 11:28   Link #8043
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I said she knows how to lose, not that she doesn't know how to win. It's completely different.
Then you could have made that clear in your previous post. I’m much aware that “knowing how to lose” is not the same as “not knowing how to win”. However, the manner you said in response to my post sounded in a different context and was like Emukae doesn’t have a chance at all to win over Zenkichi’s heart. I also made no referral that she would actually win him over and stated that none of the female SC members have any romantic inclination towards him except Emukae. Anyway, point taken that Minuses have inherent bad luck.

Last edited by bumbayker; 2012-04-19 at 11:46.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 11:37   Link #8044
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

This is what I get for sleeping and going to classes...2 and half pages to read :<

Hmmm you know, I'm actually surprised that Shiranui isn't a member of the new student council. Wasn't the whole reason she refused because she didn't like Medaka? Think if Zenkichi asked her she would accept...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 12:03   Link #8045
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Then you could have made that clear in your previous post. I’m much aware that “knowing how to lose” is not the same as “not knowing how to win”. However, the manner you said in response to my post sounded in a different context and was like Emukae doesn’t have a chance at all to win over Zenkichi’s heart. I also made no referral that she would actually win him over and stated that none of the female SC members have any romantic inclination towards him except Emukae. Anyway, point taken that Minuses have inherent bad luck.
You said she might try to win him over, however it was made clear in an earlier chapter that she had already accepted her loss to Medaka. Heck, she even encouraged him after his realization. And I don't think she's the type to try to steal him from another. It's not a matter of whether or not she'll win, it's a matter of whether she'll accept her loss.
Old 2012-04-19, 12:06   Link #8046
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Hmmm well

Encouraging him =/= Accepting her loss

She wanted to help the guy she loved when he needed, that doesn't mean she already gave up on him. I also doubt she would try to take him away from Medaka but...she could very well just be waiting for the ship to turn into a titanic.
Old 2012-04-19, 12:17   Link #8047
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Hmmm well

Encouraging him =/= Accepting her loss

She wanted to help the guy she loved when he needed, that doesn't mean she already gave up on him. I also doubt she would try to take him away from Medaka but...she could very well just be waiting for the ship to turn into a titanic.
Well, that wasn't the bit that makes it clear she gave up, that was just supporting evidence. Shiranui's conversation with Ajimu in chapter 128 makes it clear that Emukae doesn't expect to "win" here.
Old 2012-04-19, 12:17   Link #8048
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
I already know Anshinin is broken as hell when she was introduced, but to have her skills put into an actual list just shows that she's probably the most ridiculous character in all of anime/manga/game history.

Just the highlighted ones: stronger than anyone, can absorb others, return others to level 1, instant kill upon eye contact, can take others' skills, can't die, will always win if the opponent's stronger (?), can continue fighting if dead (among other stuff like controlling black holes, reversing cause and effect, creating universe etc ....).

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

EDIT: Supposedly no rebirth skill (though skills that might as well give the same effects exist).
then how the heel kumagawa manage to seal them.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 12:23   Link #8049
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
then how the heel kumagawa manage to seal them.
Well, obviously she let him. She's trying to give herself a handicap. Remember that her goal was to finally fail at something. The more impossible her task becomes, the better. When reduced to the lowest level, she managed to find a normal person to beat the strongest person for her.

Also, according to Kumagawa the final screw was held in place by herself.
Old 2012-04-19, 12:41   Link #8050
bumbayker

Quote:
You said she might try to win him over, however it was made clear in an earlier chapter that she had already accepted her loss to Medaka. Heck, she even encouraged him after his realization. And I don't think she's the type to try to steal him from another. It's not a matter of whether or not she'll win, it's a matter of whether she'll accept her loss.
I’m not too sure that Emukae has truly admitted defeat to Medaka. If I recall she still wanted to discuss the name “her future child” with Zenkichi not too long ago. Still, she ending up with him is highly improbable since his eyes are currently set on Medaka. However I wouldn’t consider it “stealing” if she does attempt to pursue him since Zen and Medaka are not an item just yet. Medaka is also in that phase where she’s just learning about romantic love.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 12:53   Link #8051
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Well, obviously she let him. She's trying to give herself a handicap. Remember that her goal was to finally fail at something. The more impossible her task becomes, the better. When reduced to the lowest level, she managed to find a normal person to beat the strongest person for her.

Also, according to Kumagawa the final screw was held in place by herself.
oh yah forgot about that. silly me.

thought i want to fix it but is not "loss form a normal person" but "loss form a person that always loss"

Old 2012-04-19, 12:55   Link #8052
Clarste
Human

Quote:
oh yah forgot about that. silly me.

thought i want to fix it but is not "loss form a normal person" but "oss form a person that always loss"
Kumagawa didn't beat Medaka. Zenkichi did. Although it's implied that getting Kumagawa elected in middle school was also one of her attempts to fail.

Quote:
I’m not too sure that Emukae has truly admitted defeat to Medaka. If I recall she still wanted to discuss the name “her future child” with Zenkichi not too long ago. Still, she ending up with him is highly improbable since his eyes are currently set on Medaka. However I wouldn’t consider it “stealing” if she does attempt to pursue him since Zen and Medaka are not an item just yet. Medaka is also in that phase where she’s just learning about romantic love.
She did that before his realization. Before that, the last time we saw Zen and Emukae talk he had accidentally proposed marriage to her right in front of Medaka. Not much reason for her to have believed she lost at that point.
Old 2012-04-19, 13:00   Link #8053
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Kumagawa didn't beat Medaka. Zenkichi did. Although it's implied that getting Kumagawa elected in middle school was also one of her attempts to fail.
i am talking why she let herself to loss against kumagawa

Old 2012-04-19, 13:07   Link #8054
Clarste
Human

Quote:
i am talking why she let herself to loss against kumagawa
Well, then you completely misread my statement.

Furthermore, she never "lost" to Kumagawa. If she had then she wouldn't still have the "Simulated Reality" problem that prompted her suicide. Letting herself be sealed isn't the same thing as losing because it requires her to not try. Trying your best and failing is what she's going for.
Old 2012-04-19, 13:17   Link #8055
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Well, then you completely misread my statement.

Furthermore, she never "lost" to Kumagawa. If she had then she wouldn't still have the "Simulated Reality" problem that prompted her suicide. Letting herself be sealed isn't the same thing as losing because it requires her to not try. Trying your best and failing is what she's going for.
oh well if that what you thinking.

Old 2012-04-19, 14:13   Link #8056
Tenchi Hou Take

Well full raw is out.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 14:48   Link #8057
Clarste
Human

Spoiler for 143:
Old 2012-04-19, 15:00   Link #8058
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Spoiler for 143:
When you have so many, it gets pretty useful!
Old 2012-04-19, 15:21   Link #8059
Homura7

Quote:
She did that before his realization. Before that, the last time we saw Zen and Emukae talk he had accidentally proposed marriage to her right in front of Medaka. Not much reason for her to have believed she lost at that point.
I must have missed that. Which chapter was it?
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 15:29   Link #8060
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
I must have missed that. Which chapter was it?
83, but wasn't actually a proposal, it's that eating her Misio soup every morning which pretty much means either she lives him (maybe marriage maybe not) or she comes around every morning. Which means a very close relationship.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council