AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-09-24, 18:31   Link #1081
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eps~ View Post
Gentlemen.

I think we should make a dodgeball style pickup signature tourney! 15 contestants, 5 random pickers. Each one picks 2 other and a team is born!

/brainstorm over
Do we get to throw stuff at each other?
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 06:51   Link #1082
whiter
C.C, Matsuri and Horo,

Is there a way to make a selected area more transparent, such as the background will glow through the selected area a little, in a sense, make the selected area more shady/trasparent?

Since I have the background as picture from water, I'd like my character to sort of sink into the water, just a little tho(the edges of the character for example).

I'm using photoshop btw
Old 2008-09-25, 06:53   Link #1083
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiter View Post
Is there a way to make a selected area more transparent, such as the background will glow through the selected area a little, in a sense, make the selected area more shady/trasparent?
Use a layer mask.
Old 2008-09-25, 07:37   Link #1084
whiter
C.C, Matsuri and Horo,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Use a layer mask.
It's the effect/tool that makes the spot transparent that I'm looking for
Thank you for the effort to reply tho
Old 2008-09-25, 07:46   Link #1085
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
That's what a layer mask does.
Old 2008-09-25, 08:33   Link #1086
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
If you want the hard way, you can erase with lower opacity.. but as Cats says oit, layer mask is easier
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 08:34   Link #1087
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Layer mask or you can also try the eraser with a smudge brush on a lower opacity setting. Not sure if that's as good though.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 08:38   Link #1088
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

How does the layer mask work?

To create a layer mask, select the layer you wish to add it to, then click the layer mask icon (rectangle with circle) at the bottom of the layer pallet.

The little image next to each layer isn't just for fancy decoration. It shows what channel of the layer is selected (sort of). When you add a layer mask you get another image. Now the two (the layer and the mask) are like a switch. If you look closely the one that's selected has a border around it.

The layer mask itself is not black & white, it's grayscape. Each pixels visibility (transparency) on the image on the layer (you added the mask to) is determined by the shade of gray the pixel in the layer maks has. Of course you have the absolutes black (0% opacity) and white (completly visible) but they are still gray in a way.

The mask layer is usually hiden just because it's easier to do stuff in a what you see is what you get kind of way, but it's there. You can think of the little images in the layer as sub layers. If you really want to change the main view to the mask just alt click it's picture in the layer (alt click again to switch back).

To get partial transparency, select the layer mask and brush with black/white with transparency set on the brush.

Directed @ whiter (pm conversation)
Old 2008-09-25, 09:05   Link #1089
whiter
C.C, Matsuri and Horo,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
To create a layer mask, select the layer you wish to add it to, then click the layer mask icon (rectangle with circle) at the bottom of the layer pallet.

The little image next to each layer isn't just for fancy decoration. It shows what channel of the layer is selected (sort of). When you add a layer mask you get another image. Now the two (the layer and the mask) are like a switch. If you look closely the one that's selected has a border around it.

The layer mask itself is not black & white, it's grayscape. Each pixels visibility (transparency) on the image on the layer (you added the mask to) is determined by the shade of gray the pixel in the layer maks has. Of course you have the absolutes black (0% opacity) and white (completly visible) but they are still gray in a way.

The mask layer is usually hiden just because it's easier to do stuff in a what you see is what you get kind of way, but it's there. You can think of the little images in the layer as sub layers. If you really want to change the main view to the mask just alt click it's picture in the layer (alt click again to switch back).

To get partial transparency, select the layer mask and brush with black/white with transparency set on the brush.

Directed @ whiter (pm conversation)
Thanks a lot, and sorry for being such a "jackass" with no knowledge/intelligence
Old 2008-09-25, 09:31   Link #1090
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post

Well... if so then. Those little sparkley thing can probably be made through the brush settings. Set the scattering and the shape dynamatic to the max, to create separation b/t each of the dot as much as possible and size it down to the necessary size, and from there you can just duplicate layers to add more.
yeah it's those sparkley things, thanks for all the replies about it, I'm gonna see if I can do it now
oh and the light effect *can't explain it better* on them... someone said something about patterns and gradients *which I have loads really* but... that particular effect used on the pic *oh yeah, the bg I know how to do it... I was only speaking about the render... and btw.. I'm a she x')* is shiny like some light... is it like applying gradient --> change the saturation and contrast ?

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
vandakiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 10:58   Link #1091
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
You can also set the uper layer as "Overlay" and erase what you don't want
Old 2008-09-26, 09:15   Link #1092
amjzz

Um....is it possible to choose an specific color in this photoshop window?:

Choose a color like in this picture:

Choose an specific color...
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 09:20   Link #1093
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Nope. That thing is for you to tweak and adjust. If you want a specific color, you might be better off adding a color overlay to the layer, and set the color overlay to overlay or whatever suits your needs.

edit: found this
Quote:
If you've been colorizing images using Photoshop's Hue/Saturation command and you find yourself aimlessly dragging that Hue slider left and right desperately trying to find the color you wanted, there's a better way. If you know the specific color you want to use, set it as your Foreground color before selecting Hue/Saturation. Or if you're wanting to colorize your image using a specific color from somewhere in the image, grab the Eyedropper tool from the Tools palette and sample the color first. The sampled color will become your Foreground color.
This way, with your color already chosen before selecting Hue/Saturation, there's no need to mess with the Hue slider at all! All you need to do is select the Colorize option in the bottom right of the Hue/Saturation dialog box and Photoshop will automatically use your Foreground color to colorize the image:
Scep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 02:07   Link #1094
LustfulEnvy
Casanova Extraordinaire
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to LustfulEnvy Send a message via MSN to LustfulEnvy
Im in need of some tuts an idiot like me can understand! One regarding pentool and vectoring.
Another for animation (basics)

And one for cropping.

Anyone? Please?!
LustfulEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 04:44   Link #1095
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26533
Old 2008-10-04, 10:41   Link #1096
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Working with Photoshop CS3

It appears some people don't seem to understand Neaco's tutorial on working with CS3.
I'll just write this one in the hope of clearing up any missunderstanding.

• About

With Creative Suite 3 (commonly known as CS3) Photoshop no longer ships with ImageReady (aka IR). ImageReady's functionality has been placed directly into photoshop and you should now be able to do almost anything you could with IR in Photoshop. If not then I'm sure the weirdo function your searching for is in Fireworks somewhere. This tutorial will cover the basic functionality everyone is searching for...
  1. Where is the Animation pallet?

By default the animation pallet is turned off. To show it just go:
    Window → Animation
  2. How do I open .gif files?

Trying to open a gif file in photoshop via the Open (File menu) option will just get you a still image consisting of the first frame; the rest of the animation is discarded.

To open a gif file and preserve the animation open it like this:
    File → Import → Video Frames to Layer → (type *.*) → (select file) → Ok
  3. I have a folder with images, how do I turn them into a animation?

Basically: where the heck is the "Import → Image Sequence..." option from ImageReady.

To do it in Photoshop CS3 is still simple but a little longer.

Presuming you're using the old school animation window:
    1. Go File → Scripts → Load Files into Stack...
    2. You should see a dropdown called "Use:" with the value "Files". Instead of "Files" select "Folder".
    3. Click Browse and add your junk folder with images.
    4. When you click ok it should start adding your images in order one on each layer. But the animation is still only one frame.
    5. In the Animation pallet go to the option menu (click the icon at the top right; it's right under the close and minimize buttons) and select: Make Frames from Layers
      And there you have it~

If you like the new timeline animation window:

In the second technique used in the video you'll notice he has a Image Sequence option in the Open dialog. Now on windows you don't have that (initially). The problem is Photoshop on windows by default will try to use (what looks like) window's default Open dialog box. To get the dialog box in the video, after you select File → Open press the little button at the bottom left of the window called: Use Adobe Dialog. Now you should see the option described in the video.
Old 2008-10-04, 12:43   Link #1097
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

Send a message via AIM to sasuke13
Thx, just what I needed ^^
sasuke13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 01:26   Link #1098
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

AGHH!!!

I'm a bit frustrated

How can must I put a sliced sig (2 pices) as my Sig here (animesuki forums)?

Please, help! T_T
Old 2008-10-06, 02:44   Link #1099
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

I'm not sure if this is right but try to set the [IMG] on top of each other if they are sliced horizontally, like this:

[IMG]www.[/IMG] <--Slice 1
[IMG]www.[/IMG] <--Slice 2

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 04:02   Link #1100
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
AGHH!!!

I'm a bit frustrated

How can must I put a sliced sig (2 pices) as my Sig here (animesuki forums)?

Please, help! T_T
Check out SweetHoney's detailed tutorial found here.

Tags
avatar, graphic, photoshop, signature