AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2015-10-06, 14:53   Link #3161
moodie

Nisio is known for infinite amount of spin offs and what not

i mean look at Zaregoto it was written in the early 2000s and till this day its spin offs are still being published and worked on
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-06, 17:37   Link #3162
d-rew

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think a better translation for the kanbaru one is surugu bonehead, since boner gives off a bit of a different meaning.
d-rew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-07, 10:14   Link #3163
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Anyone here who has the complete roster of Sodachi's class? I saw someone post the complete list on the /a/ Archives, but it has shut down very recently.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-07, 11:57   Link #3164
DeliriousEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Anyone here who has the complete roster of Sodachi's class? I saw someone post the complete list on the /a/ Archives, but it has shut down very recently.
M 足根敬離 Ashine Keiri
M 阿良々木暦 Araragi Koyomi
F 蟻暮琵琶 Arikure Biwa "Arikui (anteater)"
M 医上道定 Igami Michisada "Doctor"
F 浮飛急須 Ukitobi Kyuusu
F 老倉育 Oikura Sodachi "How Much"
M 効越煙次 Kikigoe Enji "Spy"
F 雉切帆河 Kijikiri Hoka
F 苦部合図 Kube Aizu "Toshoiin (library club member)"
F 激坂なげき Gekisaka Nageki "Nagekissu"
F 甲堂草書 Koudou Sousho [Volleyball]
M 小馬沖忠 Kouma Okitada
M 品庭綾伝 Shinaniwa Ayadzute [Track]
M 周囲通魔 Shuui Tsuuma
M 趣沢住度 Shuzawa Juudo
M 巣内告詞 Suuchi Kokushi
F 砂浜類瀬 Sunahama Ruise
F 戦場ヶ原ひたぎ Senjougahara Hitagi "The Sheltered Maiden"
F 題野木苺 Daino Kiichigo "Daa-chan"
F 鉄条径 Tetsujou Komichi "Jou" [Softball]
F 糖根軸 Toune Jiku "Icing"
F 問嶋水仙 Toishima Suisen "Sui" [Flower Arrangement]
M 長靴頂下 Nagagutsu Chouka
F 把賀濾過 Haga Roka [Track]
F 速町整子 Hayamachi Seiko
M 氷熊戚朗 Higuma Sekirou "Kiro"
F 菱形情路 Hishigata Jouro [Softball]
F 深遠霜乃 Fukadoh Shimono
F 服石点呼 Fukuishi Tenko "Fukkii"
F 歩藤しじま Fudou Shijima [Swimming]
M 冬波境篤 Fuyunami Sakaatsu [Volleyball]
M 窓村壁 Madomura Kabe [Light Music]
F 鞠角瓢衣 Marizumi Hyoui
F 実崎明媚 Mizaki Meibi "Kamo (maybe/duck)" [Art]
F 目辺実粟 Mebe Miawa "Whip"
M 湯場職則 Yuba Shokunori "Hoozue*" [Baseball]
M 余来承継 Yoki Shoukei
F 割取質枝 Waritori Shitsue

+] M 足根敬離 Ashine Keiri
Attendence number 1. Handsome and cool.

[-] M 阿良々木暦 Araragi Koyomi
Only person to score 100 on the test. Moderates over the class trial.

[-] F 蟻暮琵琶 Arikure Biwa "Arikui (anteater)"
Strict personality. Aims to be a pianist so always wears gloves.

[+] M 医上道定 Igami Michisada "Doctor"
Of those who attended Oikura's study group, he got the worst score at 68. Generous personality, brought snacks.

[-] F 浮飛急須 Ukitobi Kyuusu
Smart girl but isn't good at studying. Got the worst score among the girls on the math test at 57 points.

[+] F 老倉育 Oikura Sodachi "How Much"
Class president. Organized the study group. Scored 99 on the test.

[+] M 効越煙次 Kikigoe Enji "Spy"
Prankster.

[+] F 雉切帆河 Kijikiri Hoka
The completely absentminded Osaka type. Was absent from school for a while.

[+] F? 苦部合図 Kube Aizu "Toshoiin (library club member)"
Naoetsu has no literary club, but she's called so because she likes to likes to read. Especially likes foreign classical novels.

[+] F 激坂なげき Gekisaka Nageki "Nagekissu"
Frank, assertive, touchy-feely type. Volunteered to be recorder for July 15th's extracurricular class meeting.

[-] F 甲堂草書 Koudou Sousho [Volleyball]
Enthusiastic about club activities. Has a difficult personality where she treats things borrowed from others roughly, but doesn't like to lend her things.

[-] M 小馬沖忠 Kouma Okitada
Sits in the front of class. Nice voice. Attends cram school.

[-] M 品庭綾伝 Shinaniwa Ayadzute [Track]
Elitist, tends to look down on others.

[+] M 周囲通魔 Shuui Tsuuma
Vice president of class 1-3. Overserious model student. Koyomi once saw him absorbed in DDR at the arcade and so can't come to dislike him.

[+] M 趣沢住度 Shuzawa Juudo
Likes to teach others, but Koyomi thinks he's pushy. Wears a watch on both arms.

[+] M? 巣内告詞 Suuchi Kokushi
Reserved, quiet student.

[-] F 砂浜類瀬 Sunahama Ruise
Finds things to be bothersome, but likes to clean. Had morning duty the day of the test, cleaning up the classroom scattered by the study group.

[-] F 戦場ヶ原ひたぎ Senjougahara Hitagi "Shinsou no Reijou (the sheltered maiden)"
Sickly.

[+] F 題野木苺 Daino Kiichigo "Daa-chan"
Logical and eloquent girl.

[-] F 鉄条径 Tetsujou Komichi "Jou" [Softball]
Part of the softball team, and the class's resident peacemaker. Helped with morning duty.

[-] F 糖根軸 Toune Jiku "Icing"
Healing type, big glutton that is happiest when eating.

[-] F 問嶋水仙 Toishima Suisen "Sui" [Flower Arrangement]
Laughs easily.

[+] M 長靴頂下 Nagagutsu Chouka
Class clown that tends to get carried away. His antics can sometimes make the girls cry and so he is disliked by the girls. Didn't show up for morning duty.

[+] F 把賀濾過 Haga Roka [Track]
Loves gaming, her portable game system was confiscated when she brought it to school. Studied hard in the study group and achieved a great 96 points.

[-] F 速町整子 Hayamachi Seiko
Scored 92 despite not attending the study group. Sits in the middle of class. Painted nails, hair dyed brown, wears makeup.

[+] M 氷熊戚朗 Higuma Sekirou "Kiro"
Class president back in middle school. Popular with the girls.

[+] F 菱形情路 Hishigata Jouro [Softball]
Caring sisterly type, softball player. Combative, but dependable and trusted by everyone.

[-] F 深遠霜乃 Fukadoh Shimono
Cutesy girl that comes to school wearing cute hair accessories.

[-] F 服石点呼 Fukuishi Tenko "Fukkii"
Timid introvert. Helped with morning duty.

[+] F 歩藤しじま Fudou Shijima [Swimming]
Hair has lightened some by the chlorine from swim club. Lies about her father being a pro baseball player.

[-] M 冬波境篤 Fuyunami Sakaatsu [Volleyball]
Is self-conscious about his shortness, entered volleyball club to try to grow taller. Childhood friends with Koudou.

[+] M 窓村壁 Madomura Kabe [Light Music]
Rock 'n' roll guy in the light music club. Loves western music, good at English, attended study group because he's bad at math. His hair standing up is just bedhead.

[-] F 鞠角瓢衣 Marizumi Hyoui
Distrusts others. Wears baggy hand-me-down uniform from sister. Treated like a weirdo because of her disheveled hair.

[-] F 実崎明媚 Mizaki Meibi "Kamo (maybe/duck)" [Art]
Aspiring artist.

[-] F 目辺実粟 Mebe Miawa "Whip"
Sits behind Tetsujou in the story. Kansai accent. Amiable type, friends with Toune. Helped with morning duty.

[-] M 湯場職則 Yuba Shokunori "Hoozue*" [Baseball]
Scary looking. Is technically on the baseball team but doesn't show up. Tends to miss school, finally quit late July. (*Hoozue, "jawstaff," i.e. that thing where you rest your chin on your hand.)

[+] M 余来承継 Yoki Shoukei
Stiff, old-fashioned guy that often talks about what men ought to be. Koyomi thinks he's archaic.

[-] F 割取質枝 Waritori Shitsue
Not in any club, but is learning kendou. Aggressive, has often hit people with brooms.
DeliriousEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-07, 21:33   Link #3165
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Awesome! Would be handy for people to know the rest of the class.

I guess the [-] represents those who didn't attend the study group and [+] is for those who did.

EDIT: I'm building the seating plan, and I think I find something weird. The first time the class is shown, Tetsujou Komichi's name is shown, and it's on the fourth seat of the third column from the left (facing the class). However, in the scene where Sodachi is calling for a majority vote, the six seats in the third column where Komichi is sitting are all occupied, and Komichi's name isn't there.

What confuses me even more is that Koyomi sat on the fifth seat of the third column the entire time.

http://bakemonogatari.wikia.com/wiki...kura%27s_Class
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2015-10-08, 20:09   Link #3166
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Ah crap, I just realized that Suuchi Kokushi's name is doubled.

Old 2015-10-09, 07:20   Link #3167
yuuka_miya

Isn't Tetsujo the teacher?
yuuka_miya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 07:37   Link #3168
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Yep, although for some reason she also has a profile along with the students.

Old 2015-10-09, 10:44   Link #3169
Pi-face
Donut shop owner

Quote:
Yep, although for some reason she also has a profile along with the students.
Isn't this was the way to trick reader, so they would not suspect her?
Old 2015-10-09, 12:04   Link #3170
moodie

^which makes be believe that shaft did an amazing job in keeping things hidden without tricking the readers.
Old 2015-10-09, 15:37   Link #3171
Shikijin

In the books it worked even better because everyone was given a bit of characterization and a line of dialog, so everyone could be a coulprit. In the anime Tetsujo was one of the only two people associated to some kind of suspicious activity, while the other remained just names.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-12, 11:08   Link #3172
Rost-Light
Nonsense Bearer

Guys, could you help me?
Are there significant differences between the novel and anime in "Sodachi Riddle" so far?
I'll try to explain. There is one guy in our monogatari-community, who whine a lot about "anime just change everything", "they ruin Sodachi" etc. He claims that he knows Japanese and read the original novel. I'm pretty sure, that he is just a troll, or just stupid and get something wrong, but I don't want to ban him without a proof.
So, are there any differences? To be specific, he claims, that in the novel Hitagi hit Sodachi first without any reason whatsoever, or just because of jealousy, and Sodachi actually never slap her in the face.
I would be glad to shrug off this as stupid nonsense, but IIRC in the anime version of Otorimonogatari Shinobu attacked Nadeko first, so Nadeko ate talisman and defeated Shinobu "like in defence", while in translation that I read, Nadeko "became a god" first and because of that Shinobu attacked her. So I'm not 100% sure and need help O_o
This guy is very annoying and if I'm right about him, he spread disinformation among our group...

Last edited by Rost-Light; 2015-10-12 at 11:43.
Rost-Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-12, 13:06   Link #3173
FelynxTiger
くすぐ

Spoiler for Oroka Tsukihi Undo:

Nadeko is in Oroka, thanks Nisio
FelynxTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-12, 15:17   Link #3174
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rost-Light View Post
Guys, could you help me?
Are there significant differences between the novel and anime in "Sodachi Riddle" so far?
I'll try to explain. There is one guy in our monogatari-community, who whine a lot about "anime just change everything", "they ruin Sodachi" etc. He claims that he knows Japanese and read the original novel. I'm pretty sure, that he is just a troll, or just stupid and get something wrong, but I don't want to ban him without a proof.
So, are there any differences? To be specific, he claims, that in the novel Hitagi hit Sodachi first without any reason whatsoever, or just because of jealousy, and Sodachi actually never slap her in the face.
I would be glad to shrug off this as stupid nonsense, but IIRC in the anime version of Otorimonogatari Shinobu attacked Nadeko first, so Nadeko ate talisman and defeated Shinobu "like in defence", while in translation that I read, Nadeko "became a god" first and because of that Shinobu attacked her. So I'm not 100% sure and need help O_o
This guy is very annoying and if I'm right about him, he spread disinformation among our group...
……自分の合格を完全に前提として語れるところが戦場ヶ原だったが(まあ、推薦入学をほぼ決めているからこ その口振りだろう)、何がいったい逆鱗に触れたのか、『見返りを求めているわけじゃない』というくだりだっ たのか、その台詞に老倉は、再度我を失った――老倉は平手を戦場ヶ原の頬に放った。
 平手打ち。

There was a slap.

I also reread Otori. Nadeko perceived Shinobu was attacking her using her newly acquired heat vision. It would be hard to say what came first. I think the anime version is accurate enough. Only Bakemonogatari invented a few scenes here and there. They cut a lot of lines and the visuals are crazy, but overall the anime is very faithful to the facts.

That guy sounds like a troll.
Old 2015-10-12, 19:23   Link #3175
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Nobody seems intent on spoiler-trolling here, so you can trust people like Pi-face more. This is the guy who has the avatar of the "know-it-all onee-san".

Quote:
Nadeko is in Oroka, thanks Nisio
Makes sense, since Tsukihi is Nadeko's real childhood friend.

Old 2015-10-12, 22:54   Link #3176
Pi-face
Donut shop owner

Quote:
Nobody seems intent on spoiler-trolling here, so you can trust people like Pi-face more. This is the guy who has the avatar of the "know-it-all onee-san".
Well, I guess after this statement I should add some minor spoilers

Spoiler for Orokamonogatari:

Last edited by Pi-face; 2015-10-13 at 10:41.
Pi-face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-13, 10:47   Link #3177
Rost-Light
Nonsense Bearer

Quote:
Of course I can trust him, he is my friend and I know him personaly

Shikijin, thanks for clarifications. You save me a lot of trouble and worthless debate.

As for the "spoilers"... I don't know what to expect. I am looking forward for the Sodachi's POV, but on the other hand I wish monogatari to end peacefully. Already. Zokuowari was like moral to the series - Nisio just repeats for people, who haven't see Koyomi's plotline among all this girls and problems. I can swallow this. But another spin-off (actually, two of them, at least) - I just didn't know. I'm pretty sure, they will be interesting, and contain brilliant dialogs. They definitely will not ruin previous stories, but now every new story makes monogatari less... holistic (I hope I choose correct word here). It looks like monogatari has no central idea now, it is basically just testing ground for Nisio to write whatever he want. Usefull and comfortable universe.
May be, all this stories will be great, but it is somehow sad and doesn't feel right. And comments from readers about perfect combination of Kanbaru's breasts and Ougi's ass certainly don't help either (Pi-face didn't include this part in his summary for obvious reason).

Last edited by Rost-Light; 2015-10-13 at 11:48.
Rost-Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-13, 12:58   Link #3178
moodie

so is anything answered after hanamonogatari which kinda left us off with more answers in its conclusion?
Old 2015-10-13, 13:12   Link #3179
DeliriousEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodie View Post
so is anything answered after hanamonogatari which kinda left us off with more answers in its conclusion?
Hana to me seems to leave questions for past events rather than beyond it. Which get answered.
DeliriousEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-13, 13:34   Link #3180
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rost-Light View Post
As for the "spoilers"... I don't know what to expect. I am looking forward for the Sodachi's POV, but on the other hand I wish monogatari to end peacefully. Already. Zokuowari was like moral to the series - Nisio just repeats for people, who haven't see Koyomi's plotline among all this girls and problems. I can swallow this. But another spin-off (actually, two of them, at least) - I just didn't know. I'm pretty sure, they will be interesting, and contain brilliant dialogs. They definitely will not ruin previous stories, but now every new story makes monogatari less... holistic (I hope I choose correct word here). It looks like monogatari has no central idea now, it is basically just testing ground for Nisio to write whatever he want. Usefull and comfortable universe.
May be, all this stories will be great, but it is somehow sad and doesn't feel right. And comments from readers about perfect combination of Kanbaru's breasts and Ougi's ass certainly don't help either (Pi-face didn't include this part in his summary for obvious reason).
In truth, Monogatari suffers from a serious case of sequelitis. When the series started, the thing about the kaii was that they tried to kill people. It didn't always happen (for example Hachikuji), but the element was there. I don't think I can stand a spin-off where kaii don't try to kill anyone but just throw metajokes around.

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance