Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-07-14, 23:54   Link #1201
raxel
rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansglenn View Post
One of the big questions I have about SAO LN is I never understood the "why" in the Kirito x Asuna relationship. I mean, we know they're being lovey dovey but we are never given much detail regarding their romance building up. Considering the above listed episodes, I'm fairly certain my question will still remain unanswered.
they kind of do show it, but its extremely subtle and it's not very direct, though i feel like the author kind of tried to boost it because he made it not noticeable enough in the first book, so he showed it to the extreme in the second book
Old 2012-07-14, 23:59   Link #1202
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

There were many extra materials that talked about their time in SAO such as the one when they first met, how they solved 2 separate mysteries together (and hence 2 separate stories), etc.
Old 2012-07-15, 00:23   Link #1203
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansglenn View Post
One of the big questions I have about SAO LN is I never understood the "why" in the Kirito x Asuna relationship. I mean, we know they're being lovey dovey but we are never given much detail regarding their romance building up. Considering the above listed episodes, I'm fairly certain my question will still remain unanswered.
your question will be answered in SAO : Rebooting AINCRAD
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 02:18   Link #1204
novalysis

Interestingly, it seems that Asuna's brother was just briefly mentioned, and never seen in the LNs before. I wonder how Kirito would interact with his future Brother in Law, and what Kind of man he is?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 03:43   Link #1205
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Interestingly, it seems that Asuna's brother was just briefly mentioned, and never seen in the LNs before. I wonder how Kirito would interact with his future Brother in Law, and what Kind of man he is?
Thats and I want to know too.
And how is his relationship with his family .
I mean he bought the Nevrvgear or whatever that led his sister to end up being trap in a death game for 2 years.
Old 2012-07-15, 03:49   Link #1206
novalysis

It's implied that he is good at business, active in RETCO's management, and such. But strangely, we've never seen Asuna seeing him fondly as a "Onii Chan" character. Somehow, I get the impression of a certain sense of distance- not dislike or sibling rivalry, just, distance.

I wondered, and I did muse in the fanfic thread, how Asuna's brother would have fared in place of Asuna in Aincrad. I think he might well be the mediator of his guild, and with a good sense of business rivaling the likes of Agil. But Genderbent Asuna is the other approach too- and if he knows Kayaba personally...

Speaking of which, do we know what Lizbeth is studying or planning on doing? Material Sciences?
Old 2012-07-15, 07:16   Link #1207
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
IIRC, Asuna describes him as pretty nice. The mother's the potential problem.

Quote:
It's implied that he is good at business, active in RETCO's management, and such. But strangely, we've never seen Asuna seeing him fondly as a "Onii Chan" character. Somehow, I get the impression of a certain sense of distance- not dislike or sibling rivalry, just, distance.
IIRC, Asuna feels a bit guilty because he's the one who took on all the pressures as the heir, leaving her relatively free (though with her mother, that's a very relative freedom...).
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 07:30   Link #1208
novalysis

Which made me wonder what IF he was the one trapped in Aincrad instead. Let's say that, due to a certain turn of circumstances, the business meeting he attended was either brought forward, or postponed.
Old 2012-07-15, 13:13   Link #1209
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Which made me wonder what IF he was the one trapped in Aincrad instead. Let's say that, due to a certain turn of circumstances, the business meeting he attended was either brought forward, or postponed.
as long as he doesn't do something stupid, it could be the best 2 years of vacation he ever had. Probably would take more then 2 to clear since without Asuna there would be no reason for Kirito to fight Heathcliff, which means Kirito probably wouldn't have figure out heathcliff was Kayaba.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2012-07-15 at 14:37.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 14:17   Link #1210
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Or Kirito would discovered his yaoi side.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 14:36   Link #1211
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
They could show off their sword arts to each other.... and this..... and that..... aaaandd..... Let's maybe not go there.
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 14:45   Link #1212
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
He may have helped Asuna's brother in Aria&co, but the duel against Heathcliff would definitely NOT happen (unless yaoi route). With no Heathcliff fight, Kirito would have either died (limitations of solo in high level content) or would fight against Heathcliff 1v1 on the last floor.
There would also be no reason to fight and kill Cradil.

When cleared, Kirito would have never entered ALO or play VR games again, Sugou will marry Asuna. The relationship with Suguha would still be a little awkward, Sinon would have died in GGO BoB, Zekken&Sleeping Knights would have never killed a floor boss and finally Alicization would happen without Kirito.

Yes, it sounds like a bad end, so let's just be happy Asuna got trapped and not her brother
Old 2012-07-15, 14:50   Link #1213
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitem View Post
They could show off their sword arts to each other.... and this..... and that..... aaaandd..... Let's maybe not go there.
*kills both with fire*
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 15:42   Link #1214
Divini
Senpai!

New here, just finished vol. 1. Wow. I really wanted to continue reading but I'm so emotionally drained that I just... can't right now. I think I have a new favorite anime couple.

I'd like to know, which volume and chapter do the contents of Anime ep. 2 come from? I was kinda surprised I never came upon it in vol. 1.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 15:44   Link #1215
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
New here, just finished vol. 1. Wow. I really wanted to continue reading but I'm so emotionally drained that I just... can't right now. I think I have a new favorite anime couple.
Oh yeah. KiriAsu are just that awesome. :3

Quote:
I'd like to know, which volume and chapter do the contents of Anime ep. 2 come from? I was kinda surprised I never came upon it in vol. 1.
Episode 2 covered an independant side story called 'Aria in the Starless Night'.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 16:21   Link #1216
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Episode 2 poorly covered an independent side story called 'Aria in the Starless Night'.
Fixed it for you.

If you're a fan of Ep1 SAO and curious for a bit more meat to the events in Ep2, definitely go read Aria, it has some important details not covered in Ep2.

As for reading vol2, you may be better served by waiting until the anime covers them, then reading it after the fact.

FI - the next episode of the anime should be adapting Vol2, arc 4 RNR. Why they're dealing with that prior to The Black Swordsman, which happened on an earlier floor will be interesting to see.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 16:29   Link #1217
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Episode 2 adequately covered an independant side story called 'Aria in the Starless Night'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
...it has some details not covered in Ep2, which were never mentioned/used again in the main plot
Fixed it for you

Last edited by kyp275; 2012-07-15 at 16:46.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 16:39   Link #1218
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Fixed it for you
Thanks for the fix, kyp.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 18:13   Link #1219
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
He may have helped Asuna's brother in Aria&co, but the duel against Heathcliff would definitely NOT happen (unless yaoi route). With no Heathcliff fight, Kirito would have either died (limitations of solo in high level content) or would fight against Heathcliff 1v1 on the last floor.
There would also be no reason to fight and kill Cradil.

When cleared, Kirito would have never entered ALO or play VR games again, Sugou will marry Asuna. The relationship with Suguha would still be a little awkward, Sinon would have died in GGO BoB, Zekken&Sleeping Knights would have never killed a floor boss and finally Alicization would happen without Kirito.

Yes, it sounds like a bad end, so let's just be happy Asuna got trapped and not her brother
Oh wow, that's the best summarization of the effects that twist of faith Asuna had if it didn't happen. Speaking of Yaoi route...there isn't much in terms of male characters in this series is there? Or is it just because everything is focused on Kirito that I am thinking that? xP

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 18:29   Link #1220
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Oh wow, that's the best summarization of the effects that twist of faith Asuna had if it didn't happen. Speaking of Yaoi route...there isn't much in terms of male characters in this series is there? Or is it just because everything is focused on Kirito that I am thinking that? xP
Actually, I propose Kirito. Genderbent. Kiriko. Can the Heartcliff fight still happen? Still, there's the slightly semi squick factor of a 16 years old getting together with someone who is 22 or 23. But then, the theme of SAO would be quite different.

The fact that Kirito sees Sacchi as a replacement Imouto, for instance becomes much clearer

Silica and Lizbeth would be Female friends, not romantic interests.

Klein might be hitting on Kiriko once in a while.

Additionally, can Sugou trap Asuna's Brother inside ALO? If he does, I can foresee BAD END avoided.

Anyway, I do also agree it's a shame that there's a lack of male characters in SAO. Try now imagining all the female love interests except for Asuna being born with the Y Chromosome instead....

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality