AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-02-28, 05:23   Link #10781
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Please, wanting to protect a friend isn't a romantic development. This is specially true for Akame, who cherishes her friends more than anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Out of nowhere? Akame and Tatsumi are good friends for ages. Of course she would protect him... and everyone.
Well i may be overthinking it like you two are saying, but Najenda is on the battlefield too and the enemy is Esdeath it's guaranteed that she'll kill almost everyone. I know Akame cherishes her friends and all but why is Akame limiting it to Tatsumi only, she should include Najenda too in this situation.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-28, 05:38   Link #10782
Junchi
Dr. 9001

"The supreme teigu is activated!"

Alright ladies and gentlemen, place your bets: It's Gundam time or not?

(Kinda hope it'll be the latter one, of course. The manga has skillfully avoided all the retarded anime contents so far, but I somehow can't imagine anything else at this point for the UT other than a giant... something. Heck, it was even foreshadowed at one point, I mean not the Gundam itself, but the fact the UT is indeed something... big.)

MAL | MML

Last edited by Junchi; 2016-02-28 at 06:45.
Junchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-28, 06:04   Link #10783
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Well i may be overthinking it like you two are saying, but Najenda is on the battlefield too and the enemy is Esdeath it's guaranteed that she'll kill almost everyone. I know Akame cherishes her friends and all but why is Akame limiting it to Tatsumi only, she should include Najenda too in this situation.
Najenda's commanding the army so she won't face Esdeath directly. That's why she brought Tatsumi along. He's there specifically to fight Esdeath so the army won't have to. He's the one who will face the hardest battle against the strongest enemy. That's why Akame is focusing on him.

And there's also the promise they have. If Tatsumi gets consumed by Tyrant, Akame will have to kill him herself. And you bet she doesn't want to do that. The more reason to help him so he doesn't have to force Incursio beyond the limit.
Old 2016-02-28, 12:29   Link #10784
Secori

My theory:

If the ultimate teigu will be what I am thinking it is going to be (Anime) the only person who can actually face it is Tatsumi. Making Tatsumi face Esdeath now and have a prolonged 1 on 1 will mean him wasting all of his energy and strength to fight her. Even if he wins he will be too wounded and exhausted to fight the Ultimate Teigu. I am still thinking Tatsumi will not face Esdeath here. If he does it will not be a long engagement (Something will happen to break them up (Akame possibly with her trump card) allowing Tatsumi to fight the Emperor.

Perhaps we will see Wave join the battle as well? (Likely)

Why do I have this strange feeling that Budo (if he is not truly dead) will have a part to play in the final battle. (Against the Empire).
Secori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-28, 12:49   Link #10785
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Right on the page before his defeat, when he first appeared, the narrator said he was the trump card of Honest's spy and the reason said spy was so confident.
That's hardly what I call a real hype. That's a false-hype to build up a villain only to comically end him quickly. It's a common practise for small-fry enemies in many stories. Budo & Izo had legit hype, but not that scythe-guy .
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-28, 21:23   Link #10786
Superstars
Final Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junchi View Post
"The supreme teigu is activated!"

Alright ladies and gentlemen, place your bets: It's Gundam time or not?

(Kinda hope it'll be the latter one, of course. The manga has skillfully avoided all the retarded anime contents so far, but I somehow can't imagine anything else at this point for the UT other than a giant... something. Heck, it was even foreshadowed at one point, I mean not the Gundam itself, but the fact the UT is indeed something... big.)
Really? besides slight differences here and there, I thought the manga pretty much follows the anime on the basic/core events that take place in the series.
Superstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-28, 22:16   Link #10787
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I also agree the manga isn't that different to the anime.

Where is nah Gundam?
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-28, 22:36   Link #10788
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstars View Post
Really? besides slight differences here and there, I thought the manga pretty much follows the anime on the basic/core events that take place in the series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
I also agree the manga isn't that different to the anime.
Yep yep. Though some people just refuse to admit it. But for my money & time, I really hope the manga takes a major different route right about now after not making Akame killed Kurome (the jury's still out for Wave & Kurome's survival though) coz I really want that "Tatsumi vs. Esdeath" all-out duel which wasn't fullfilled in the anime. And please no stupid death for Leo-nee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Where is nah Gundam?
I was hoping it to be bigger than Gundams. More like the size of Evangelion or Buster Machine. And I hope it can do better than just spitting megadeath beams everywhere like in the anime. It looked awesome the first time around but became kinda boring after a while .
Old 2016-02-29, 00:15   Link #10789
B214

Well if Esdeath is defeated before the Emperor Mecha is defeated maybe people will finally accept that the manga is different from the anime.
Old 2016-02-29, 04:07   Link #10790
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Well if Esdeath is defeated before the Emperor Mecha is defeated maybe people will finally accept that the manga is different from the anime.
You don't need that. We already know that the manga is different from the anime at this point (Run being dead, Akame didn't kill Kurome, etc). We just think the core-story is still somewhat similar. Also, the scenario that you suggested is more like shuffling the order of the events without making much changes to the story.

A different route will be more like this:
What I really hope for the manga to do is to make Esdeath fights Tatsumi all out before Shikotazer (or whatever the manga will call it) rises. Their fight has been teased and foreshadowed like hell to the point that it won’t be fair if it doesn’t happen. Smaller fights & duels between RA & Imperial forces can happen during the two’s clash. At this point, I assume both Esdeath & Tatsumi will be incapacitated or dead after their all-out fight, (I prefer Tatsumi being incapacitated after defeating/killing Esdeath). And then the rest of the RA will fight Shiko using different methods than what Tatsumi did in the anime (maybe using the Danger Beasts army that the RA summoned & Wave + Kurome might also join them). The fight between Shiko & the remaining RA forces will be so big that it pretty much devastated a large portion of the capital. And rising from all the rubble, I want to see Honest became the true big boss and reveal his trump card teigu which only less powerful than UT but still strong enough to take on everyone left (not that lame-ass anime ring-teigu). And the ones left standing from NR & RA will have to fight him in one last battle between Imperial & RA (this is where Budo can make a grand entrance if he’s still alive like some have speculated. He can either fight alongside PM or against him). Akame must survive through these entire ordeals (maybe using her last trump card). After that, you can either have Tatsumi completely taken over by Tyrant or Akame become uncontrollable demon after using the trump card. This is where their earlier promise plays a role. The final result can be anything from a total happy ending (both ended up alive & well) or a complete tragedy (they kill each other, or one of them wins and kills everyone else).

Well, that’s my personal preference of what a different scenario should be in order to be different from the anime. Like it or not, it’s up to you. But who knows, maybe the manga will come with even better scenario & surprises.
Old 2016-02-29, 04:55   Link #10791
Junchi
Dr. 9001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstars View Post
I thought the manga pretty much follows the anime on the basic/core events that take place in the series.
So? Yes, the core events are pretty much the same as they were represented in the anime, but the devil is in the details:
1) Who lives and who dies is a significant standpoint when it comes to this title. The anime was one hell of a huge nonsensical slaughterhouse at the end, whereas the manga has seem to rejected this silly idea.
2) The manga had much more time to do justice for some characters. (For example, the whole sisters arc does easily outclass that empty thing what we've seen in the anime and that is especially true when it comes to character development, details, relationship building and story-telling. Heck, it's easily my favorite arc in the whole manga so far.)
3) It still has some open doors (all the stuffs with Incursio, the potential fights, etc.) to divert the set-up for good.
+1) When I said "The manga has skillfully avoided all the retarded anime contents so far", I was referring to the rage induced parts, such as Budo's megajobbing (okay, he jobbed in the manga as well, but he was a complete joke in the anime), the random armored danger beast, the Gundam UT (it still can happen in the manga as well, but let's hope it won't) and so on.

MAL | MML

Last edited by Junchi; 2016-02-29 at 05:25.
Junchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-29, 07:54   Link #10792
Kazu-kun

Quote:
For example, the whole sisters arc does easily outclass that empty thing what we've seen in the anime and that is especially true when it comes to character development, details, relationship building and story-telling. Heck, it's easily my favorite arc in the whole manga so far.
I loved this arc in the manga because the author took the time to develop Akame and her feelings for Kurome, and also Wave's feelings.

Honestly, if you hadn't read Zero, you didn't really know Akame until that point. She had been ignored for a long time in the main story. Fortunately, this was fixed and it ended up being the best arc in the series.
Old 2016-02-29, 08:13   Link #10793
Fwarlord

About the change, with Honest becoming the one who killed the previous emperor and queen in the latest chapter, it could be a hint from the author that the shota emperor will turn against him at some point. In addition, if Budou is still alive and Takahiro really want a different ending, he could make Budou aid the emperor to exterminate both Honest and the RA after both side are completely exhausted by killing each other, then install a constitutional monarchy and change the empire thoroughly like he said earlier.
Old 2016-02-29, 08:33   Link #10794
Grand-Chariot-Wave

Quote:
Budo's megajobbing (okay, he jobbed in the manga as well, but he was a complete joke in the anime).
His manga "death" is still unclear, if he was vaporized we would've saw it on panel.

The Kurome & Akame situation is very good in the manga I can't wait for the break up in Zero.
Grand-Chariot-Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-29, 09:25   Link #10795
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Banned

IMO The hate for anime-Budo & the love for manga-Budo is mainly a severe case of double-standard when anime-Budo is portrayed as more competent since he can only got defeated by Mein's strongest attack while manga-Budo got tricked and played left and right by Tatsumi (in EVO-incursio) and Leone and Mein. And he pretty much ended up being more pathetic than his anime-self by being blasted like a team rocket by Mein's attacks twice where the first shot was not even Mein's strongest attack while his anime-self only got blasted once due to Mein's full power. Heck, anime-Budo managed to took Mein's life with his ultimate blast while manga-Budo can't even kill Mein. Who are we kidding here?

Yes, the anime's execution of Budo's character could've been better, but from where I stand, he's definitely more competent than his manga-self, at least until it's revealed that manga-Budo is still alive from Mein's all-out attack. But it's still won't erase his bad record getting team-rocketed twice and tricked
Old 2016-02-29, 09:54   Link #10796
Grand-Chariot-Wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
IMO The hate for anime-Budo & the love for manga-Budo is mainly a severe case of double-standard when anime-Budo is portrayed as more competent since he can only got defeated by Mein's strongest attack while manga-Budo got tricked and played left and right by Tatsumi (in EVO-incursio) and Leone and Mein. And he pretty much ended up being more pathetic than his anime-self by being blasted like a team rocket by Mein's attacks twice where the first shot was not even Mein's strongest attack while his anime-self only got blasted once due to Mein's full power. Heck, anime-Budo managed to took Mein's life with his ultimate blast while manga-Budo can't even kill Mein. Who are we kidding here?

Yes, the anime's execution of Budo's character could've been better, but from where I stand, he's definitely more competent than his manga-self, at least until it's revealed that manga-Budo is still alive from Mein's all-out attack. But it's still won't erase his bad record getting team-rocketed twice and tricked
1. He did nothing to establish himself as a threat. He lived up to his hype more in the manga. Leone was somehow able to engage in CQC just fine when she tried in manga she was KO'd.

3. And?
Old 2016-02-29, 09:57   Link #10797
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand-Chariot-Wave View Post
1. He did nothing to establish himself as a threat. He lived up to his hype more in the manga. Leone was somehow able to engage in CQC just fine when she tried in manga she was KO'd.
WTH are you talking about? Anime-Leone got zapped by anime-Budo .

Quote:
3. And?
And since manga-Budo can't kill Mein, that means he is less capable or his ultimate attack is less impactful/powerful than his anime-self who can do the kill.
Old 2016-02-29, 10:19   Link #10798
Grand-Chariot-Wave

Quote:
WTH are you talking about? Anime-Leone got zapped by anime-Budo .

And since manga-Budo can't kill Mein, that means he is less capable or his ultimate attack is less impactful/powerful than his anime-self who can do the kill.
KO'd>>>slightly zapped. He had everyone on the ropes while he was fairly in good health. His armor wasn't even damaged until that final beam struggle.

That is the dumbest logic ever.
Old 2016-02-29, 10:31   Link #10799
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Banned

Quote:
KO'd>>>slightly zapped. He had everyone on the ropes while he was fairly in good health.
Watch the anime again, anime-Budo wasn't even that serious while zapping Leone, and there was no scratch on him until the final blast with Mein. And he actually repelled two opponents with one lightning attack. He incapacitated Leone while defending himself from Mein's blast at the same time with just one zap move. It's pretty cool if I say so myself.

Quote:
His armor wasn't even damaged until that final beam struggle.
Oh, so you're just going to ignore the big slice that Tatsumi did to manga-Budo's back (or is it shoulder)? Try better argument.

Quote:
That is the dumbest logic ever.
Oh, starting to resort to insult again, eh? If you're just going to ignore the facts that happens in the anime, I might have to ignore you rather than getting warning from mods. There are other threads where I can have fun with and talk and get responses in a more civilized manner from people who can accept facts.
Old 2016-02-29, 13:05   Link #10800
B214

Quote:
To be fair, Budo did use up lots of his Teigu energy prior to his final attack with Mine. He even mentioned clearly his teigu is running out of energy. His rage got the best of him and he chased them instead of recharging his energy hence why he fail.

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!