Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-03, 20:35   Link #7041
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
You haven't gone mad until you've played at least 500 matches in a T95 (laugh)
one of my friend actually enjoy the T95
Old 2013-06-03, 20:48   Link #7042
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
one of my friend actually enjoy the T95
I liked mine too, until I started losing hit points :P
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 21:11   Link #7043
Gravitas Free Zone

What is it with Lowe drivers not buying/using fire extinguishers? I spotted one, hit it once for 350 damage, the T25/2 behind me uses my spot and hits it once, causing it to burn all the way through for another 1300 damage.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 22:10   Link #7044
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
What is it with Lowe drivers not buying/using fire extinguishers? I spotted one, hit it once for 350 damage, the T25/2 behind me uses my spot and hits it once, causing it to burn all the way through for another 1300 damage.
What if I told you I don't carry it for my Lion? I've been lit on fire two or three times in my over 400 games, and those came from artillery hitting my engine deck.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 22:20   Link #7045
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
What if I told you I don't carry it for my Lion? I've been lit on fire two or three times in my over 400 games, and those came from artillery hitting my engine deck.
You are a lucky tanker.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 22:24   Link #7046
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
All German tanks are pretty easy to set alight by targeting the lower glacial plate.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 22:33   Link #7047
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
You are a lucky tanker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
All German tanks are pretty easy to set alight by targeting the lower glacial plate.
It's very simple: Don't be enough of an idiot to be hit in the lower glacis in the first place. The only vehicle I am consistently lit on fire happens to StuG III, and that's because there is no way to hide the transmission.
Old 2013-06-03, 22:40   Link #7048
Gravitas Free Zone

It's well and good that you know how to hide the LFP... but plenty of other people don't, and in many cases can't. Both of these were in the span of two games.

On looking at the replay, the first Lowe didn't totally burn out... the fire only took it from 80% to 12% and it didn't do a whole lot of moving or shooting after the fire went out... and then it got shot again.

And still... if the tank does burn, unless the crew all has 100% firefighting, which is uncommon... without a fire extinguisher the tank is essentially done. The second Lowe apparently had an automatic fire extinguisher, because I set him on fire, the fire went out, and he denied being set on fire. Except that the picture shows that he was on fire.
Old 2013-06-03, 22:41   Link #7049
Sumeragi
Banned

Tiger II I see. Grinding for E-75?
Old 2013-06-03, 22:52   Link #7050
Gravitas Free Zone

I've had the Tiger II the longest of my Tier 8s, but it spent a lot of time not being used. With the event going on it seemed moderately profitable to finally grind out the remaining XP.

Also, this post.
Old 2013-06-03, 23:43   Link #7051
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Thanks. But what about the minimap mod? That's what I'm really interested in so I can see vehicle types and my view range on the minimap.
Old 2013-06-03, 23:55   Link #7052
Sumeragi
Banned

Probably just XVM.
Old 2013-06-03, 23:58   Link #7053
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
You're best off looking for mod bundles. XVM is the most obvious one, but it requires you to play the game via proxy server, which causes its own set of problems. I think AOIMOD has the same minimap function though.
Old 2013-06-04, 00:51   Link #7054
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
You're best off looking for mod bundles. XVM is the most obvious one, but it requires you to play the game via proxy server, which causes its own set of problems.
Could you elaborate on that? I did notice that my game runs much more smoothly on the test server (without xvm). Could that be it?
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 01:35   Link #7055
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I got it. One of the [MUP] guildies told me that it's "locastans_Minimap_2ndGen_8.5g". I installed it and J1mbo's crosshair mod. They are absolutely fantastic. I think my overall combat effectiveness has been dramatically increased by these incredibly useful tools. With the crosshair mod I can perfectly time my peekaboos and with the minimap mod I know exactly what tanks I'm facing without having to expose myself to line-of-sight. I couldn't ask for better mods.
Old 2013-06-04, 01:42   Link #7056
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
lol mow mow, well he's got a pt, i would be mad after the 50th one, meh if i do get the E3, i'll just free xp it since i already have T28 unlocked, i can just skip the T95 all together.
Well, the T95 has a lower profile, higher camouflage, and better side armor than the T110E3. But the E3 does appear to be a lot more versatile with its speed, and it has more HP and a better gun.

In terms of aesthetics alone, I personally prefer the T95 because it's so darn flat. It's like a huge armored pancake!
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 07:16   Link #7057
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Thanks. But what about the minimap mod? That's what I'm really interested in so I can see vehicle types and my view range on the minimap.
Locastan's HD minimap. I am not using XVM, though it has its own similar functions.
Old 2013-06-04, 16:58   Link #7058
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So this popped up as I was playing on the Test Server earlier:

Images
Mission Completed
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

After completing that game on Ensk, I suddenly got a 1 Day Premium as a reward for completing a "mission" of some kind, though I couldn't find what kind of "mission" I just accomplished. This might be the "miniquest" system in Test 8.6 that was talked about on the FTR blog.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 17:47   Link #7059
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Well, the T95 has a lower profile, higher camouflage, and better side armor than the T110E3. But the E3 does appear to be a lot more versatile with its speed, and it has more HP and a better gun.

In terms of aesthetics alone, I personally prefer the T95 because it's so darn flat. It's like a huge armored pancake!
Try climbing a hill with that tank, sure its got a low profile and hi camo value, but it means nothing after getting spotted and then you see a huge chance of hail if u get an arty party. It lax spd to relocate and maneuverability is poor compared to the E3. If I ever go turretless I would go E3.
Old 2013-06-04, 18:17   Link #7060
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
So this popped up as I was playing on the Test Server earlier:

Images
Mission Completed
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

After completing that game on Ensk, I suddenly got a 1 Day Premium as a reward for completing a "mission" of some kind, though I couldn't find what kind of "mission" I just accomplished. This might be the "miniquest" system in Test 8.6 that was talked about on the FTR blog.
That looks interesting. I wonder how the mission is completed.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks