AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-07-05, 10:04   Link #21
Ryuga
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: England
This episode was funny and heartwarming.
Spoiler for ep.1:


Next ep's gonna be jokes, looking forward to it.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 10:24   Link #22
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 31
I can't wait for the next episode. It's gonna be great.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 10:31   Link #23
foxbox360
New Age Badass
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Charlotte, NC
Vegeta on a family vacation !!!! Can't wait
__________________
Mecha need to evolve!!!!!
foxbox360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 10:37   Link #24
Malicre
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
was the japanese voice acting for goku always this bad? lol......
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 11:48   Link #25
Stark700
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Somewhere on Earth
Episode 1:

I kinda like it. It has humor and didn't take itself too seriously although there are some foreshadowing of what may happen soon. I have some mixed feelings on the new OP theme song though.

I expect that we'll see more action soon.

My favorite parts were Buu and Mr. Satan though. Those two has some of the funniest chemistry in this franchise.

__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/Kze54WA.png border=0 alt= />
Stark700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 14:21   Link #26
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Let's see the fandom debate what a great dad Goku even just the first episode. WTF passing off his daily jobs to his 7 year old kid

Was he like this with Gohan when he was little? I don't think he was. Goten gets the worst end of the stick. Not saying he was the father of the year with Gohan, that goes to Piccolo sadly but I didn't think he was this bad

So is this series just going to be a slice of life type? It's going to be Hell for Vegeta.

The opening, err um I guess Krillin and his family stop by Gohan's place a lot?

No Pan yet? I thought Videl was pregnant with her kid in the last film or some thing?
__________________
Fullmetal Alchemest - Ed fan. Inazuma Eleven - Endou fan.
Marchen Awakens Romance - Ginta fan. KS Dadesico - Akito fan. Gintama - Gintoki. Yugioh Arc V - Yuya fan. Boruto fan. Lupin fan.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 14:35   Link #27
lordstarkiller
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
fun ep not that bad, we will have to wait a little while before the fighting happens.

I'm not quite sure but from what i have read the two battle of gods films are not canon. Dragon ball super will redo the two movies as long episodes arcs, so they are changing things.
lordstarkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 14:55   Link #28
Gundamx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
Let's see the fandom debate what a great dad Goku even just the first episode. WTF passing off his daily jobs to his 7 year old kid

Was he like this with Gohan when he was little? I don't think he was. Goten gets the worst end of the stick. Not saying he was the father of the year with Gohan, that goes to Piccolo sadly but I didn't think he was this bad

So is this series just going to be a slice of life type? It's going to be Hell for Vegeta.

The opening, err um I guess Krillin and his family stop by Gohan's place a lot?

No Pan yet? I thought Videl was pregnant with her kid in the last film or some thing?
First movie didn't happen yet.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 15:28   Link #29
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
Let's see the fandom debate what a great dad Goku even just the first episode. WTF passing off his daily jobs to his 7 year old kid

Was he like this with Gohan when he was little? I don't think he was. Goten gets the worst end of the stick. Not saying he was the father of the year with Gohan, that goes to Piccolo sadly but I didn't think he was this bad :confused?
It's not all too hard to understand where Goku's faults as a parent stem from. He never had a real father figure in his life to instill into him the values of what makes a father a good father. I believe Grandpa Gohan would've been that person had he lived a little longer, but due to his untimely passing, Goku pretty much started raising himself at a very early age. So when it came to learning and understanding the values of family and responsibility, Goku just doesn't get it. Hell...he entered marriage not even knowing what it was or what he was getting into. lol So of course he's not going to know basic family values and what makes a parent a good parent. In Goku's mind, as long as he knows everyone's okay, then that's all that matters to him. It's very obvious how childish Goku acts as a grown man. And that's because he's still very much a child at heart. I mean Chi Chi still has to tell him what to do on a daily basis. And if he's not being told what to do, he does what he wants.

So during those times when we saw him playing with Gohan or Goten, I believe he did it because he legitimately wanted to play with his kids. I wouldn't for one moment give Goku enough credit to say that he's ever played with his children because he understands the positive impact it would have on the development of a young boy. lol

By comparison, Vegeta at least grew up knowing his father. And I'm sure King Vegeta was able to teach the young Prince a few things before being killed. I know they don't go into it much, but there's no doubt in my mind that Vegeta was raised in a way that provided him with a better grasp of basic family values and responsibilities (in comparison to Goku who's still trying to figure it all out).
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 15:47   Link #30
Chosen_Hero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
It's not all too hard to understand where Goku's faults as a parent stem from. He never had a real father figure in his life to instill into him the values of what makes a father a good father. I believe Grandpa Gohan would've been that person had he lived a little longer, but due to his untimely passing, Goku pretty much started raising himself at a very early age. So when it came to learning and understanding the values of family and responsibility, Goku just doesn't get it. Hell...he entered marriage not even knowing what it was or what he was getting into. lol So of course he's not going to know basic family values and what makes a parent a good parent. In Goku's mind, as long as he knows everyone's okay, then that's all that matters to him. It's very obvious how childish Goku acts as a grown man. And that's because he's still very much a child at heart. I mean Chi Chi still has to tell him what to do on a daily basis. And if he's not being told what to do, he does what he wants.

So during those times when we saw him playing with Gohan or Goten, I believe he did it because he legitimately wanted to play with his kids. I wouldn't for one moment give Goku enough credit to say that he's ever played with his children because he understands the positive impact it would have on the development of a young boy. lol

By comparison, Vegeta at least grew up knowing his father. And I'm sure King Vegeta was able to teach the young Prince a few things before being killed. I know they don't go into it much, but there's no doubt in my mind that Vegeta was raised in a way that provided him with a better grasp of basic family values and responsibilities (in comparison to Goku who's still trying to figure it all out).
Is he even trying? (the answer can be seen in episode 61 of DB Kai.)

That moment when an 8 year old gives his father better financial advice then the man himself knows.
__________________
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 16:50   Link #31
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, Goku is one of the greatest fighters out there....but as a parent he's well not one of the best examples out there. Combined with Chichi who is one of the most insane mothers in the universe....it's kind of amazing that Gohan came out a decent person (probably thanks to Piccolo).

I still wonder if they had to seriously push Gohan as far as they did visually and suck all the cool out of him, but oh well. Plus does he really need glasses? Oh well, at least he's pretty happy and his situation is pretty good. He doesn't have any serious burdens of maintaining a spot as the strongest in the universe (even though he probably could if he applied himself to it) and has pretty well the most normal of wives (well getting there) in the entire show. May never reach the heights and glory he had like in the fight against Cell, but such is how it goes. At least he'll end up happy at the end of the day.

Props to Mr. Satan, going out to pass that money along. Guy may be silly at times, but he is pretty rational. He knows much of what he has is thanks to the efforts of others and the credit he's taken. But in the end it's another case of everyone is happier that way. He's much more suited to be the public face and star for humanity. Not like Goku or most of the cast would really want that kind of fame. Pretty well win/win so long as he doesn't forget to be grateful and does pass along future cash around to those who put in the effort.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 17:10   Link #32
VTHokiePride
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 23
I've only watched the Dragon Ball series in English dub so the Japanese threw me off a bit, but it wasn't too bad. Glad to see that Master Roshi is still the same.
__________________
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 17:46   Link #33
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
It was a nice slice of life episode. Had some funny moments and heartwarming moments. Heartwarming moments include Videl accepting the gift and Hercules giving the money to Goku while acknowledging how it was Goku and Vegeta that stopped Buu.
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 20:35   Link #34
Chosen_Hero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, Goku is one of the greatest fighters out there....but as a parent he's well not one of the best examples out there. Combined with Chichi who is one of the most insane mothers in the universe....it's kind of amazing that Gohan came out a decent person (probably thanks to Piccolo).

I still wonder if they had to seriously push Gohan as far as they did visually and suck all the cool out of him, but oh well. Plus does he really need glasses? Oh well, at least he's pretty happy and his situation is pretty good. He doesn't have any serious burdens of maintaining a spot as the strongest in the universe (even though he probably could if he applied himself to it) and has pretty well the most normal of wives (well getting there) in the entire show. May never reach the heights and glory he had like in the fight against Cell, but such is how it goes. At least he'll end up happy at the end of the day.

Props to Mr. Satan, going out to pass that money along. Guy may be silly at times, but he is pretty rational. He knows much of what he has is thanks to the efforts of others and the credit he's taken. But in the end it's another case of everyone is happier that way. He's much more suited to be the public face and star for humanity. Not like Goku or most of the cast would really want that kind of fame. Pretty well win/win so long as he doesn't forget to be grateful and does pass along future cash around to those who put in the effort.
They did show Piccolo with a dissapointed look on his face in the first episode so maybe he'll do something to get him back to his old awesome self because god knows Goku doesn't care about anything but training.
__________________
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 22:18   Link #35
Shana
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
I've only watched the Dragon Ball series in English dub so the Japanese threw me off a bit, but it wasn't too bad.
This. Goku's voice actor was the one that bothered me the most, and also *sigh* I'm not sure if Toei just plain sucks at characterization or I have my nostalgia glasses on, but Goku's antics weren't as funny and ChiChi was plain... obnoxious? And Videl was too loving.

It's just the first episode so I might just be paranoid.
__________________
Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 22:31   Link #36
Peanutbutter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
This was set likely a few years (but less than 5) after Buu Saga, but how many years?

Gohan and Videl are just married, so is 3 years reasonable? So Goten is now 10. Thats also the age Gohan first turned SSJ2.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 22:58   Link #37
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Earth-2
This is only 6 months after the Buu Saga. So 9 and a half years before the epilogue in Z. Plenty of time for them to do what they want.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 01:06   Link #38
Chosen_Hero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
This was set likely a few years (but less than 5) after Buu Saga, but how many years?

Gohan and Videl are just married, so is 3 years reasonable? So Goten is now 10. Thats also the age Gohan first turned SSJ2.
It's months after Buu's defeat not Years.

Gohan in Cell saga was the best kind of broken, the only natural SSJ2 (seriously, the dude went into the hyperbolic time chamber and was turning SSJ2 in less than the year they were supposed to be training for... what?), but now he is but a shadow of his former self, his dad (Piccolo) should do something about it.
__________________
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 01:16   Link #39
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Remember when Mystic Gohan used to mean something? No? Me neither.
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 01:48   Link #40
Peanutbutter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
What, 6 months? So Gohan and Videl already finished high school and got married by then??
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.