Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-02-26, 00:33   Link #21
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
So basically you hate it because your favorite Pokémon are weak?
Umm... No.

Quote:
Charizard was unusable before Mega Evolution, and so was Kangaskhan.
X Unusable
O "I don't use weak Pokemon!" *stuffs party with Garchomp, Darkrai, and anything with high base stats*

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-26, 01:01   Link #22
Chosen_Hero

There is no excuse for saying you can't use your favorites because they are "weak", heck lately I run a Qwilfish (not even my favorite) on my team and it has been the mvp many times (even k.o'ing top tier Pokémon in one or two hits), no one expects the Puff to appear , once you play enough you quickly learn to respect some Pokémon you would have never given the time of day.

P.S. I don't gen my Pokémon, the only genned Pokémon I have are those that I got off Wonder Trade and even then I have only used like two of those.
Old 2016-02-26, 01:12   Link #23
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I'm definitely curious to see a new Pokemon game. Though of course with Pokemon new is a loose term .

Could probably sit just fine with the last games that came out. Got my favorites assembled, and pretty happy with that.

Of course if I see a new Pokemon that I have to chase down then that changes things. Still, did find myself skipping at least 2 Pokemon generations without missing anything just from a loss of interest. But still curious enough to see what Sun and Moon may bring.
Old 2016-02-26, 05:47   Link #24
Homura7

It's the 7th gen.

You don't introduce a brand new mithycal pokemon weeks prior to the 20th anniversary of the franchise for nothing.

And there isn't going to be any Z game. Expansions have been long dead since Platinum, GF isn't going the predictable route anymore, so you can forget about that.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-26, 06:38   Link #25
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
It's the 7th gen.

You don't introduce a brand new mithycal pokemon weeks prior to the 20th anniversary of the franchise for nothing.

And there isn't going to be any Z game. Expansions have been long dead since Platinum, GF isn't going the predictable route anymore, so you can forget about that.
No obvious third game, no, but doing something like this in lieu of a third game would fit right in with them not going the predictable route. It's not nearly the established fact you seem intent on claiming it is.

There are various reasons--some tinfoil hat theories, but valid theories all the same--to think this is still Gen VI, not least of all being that, "not going the predictable route," is not a reason to completely ignore what the anime is doing with Zygarde.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-26, 08:07   Link #26
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
So basically you hate it because your favorite Pokémon are weak?

Because the entire idea behind Mega Evolution was to give life to older favorites.

Charizard was unusable before Mega Evolution, and so was Kangaskhan.
I know I will hate it if i see even one retarded looking Pokemon like the snowcone or keychain pokemon. I mean seriously, not gonna buy this round if I see ONE pokemon that is as bad as those two... oh and Garbagebag....

also

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2016-02-26 at 08:30.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-26, 08:33   Link #27
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I know I will hate it if i see even one retarded looking Pokemon like the snowcone or keychain pokemon. I mean seriously, not gonna buy this round if I see ONE pokemon that is as bad as those two... oh and Garbagebag....
That snowcone was the shit man
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-26, 10:13   Link #28
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Confirmed in Nintendo Direct for release at the end of the year. Huzzah.
Old 2016-02-26, 10:25   Link #29
Homura7

Farewell Pokemon Z, you shall not be missed.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-26, 10:27   Link #30
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

>Zygarde perfect form was anime only
Did we just get trolled?
Old 2016-02-26, 10:36   Link #31
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Seafoam View Post
Did we just get trolled?
I haven't seen anything suggesting that.

But yeah, this is definitely Gen VII.
Old 2016-02-26, 10:39   Link #32
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
I haven't seen anything suggesting that.

But yeah, this is definitely Gen VII.
I'm surprised they're doing it with the NX around the corner. Maybe it's not as close as some of us have thought, or it will play 3DS games, sorta like how B/W released close to 3DS launch.
Old 2016-02-26, 10:44   Link #33
Akashin

Quote:
I'm surprised they're doing it with the NX around the corner. Maybe it's not as close as some of us have thought, or it will play 3DS games, sorta like how B/W released close to 3DS launch.
The 3DS came out less than six months after Black and White hit Japan, so it's not unprecedented. Either these games have all the makings of a new Generation but are structurally similar to Gen VI (some of the images shown indicate it's very graphically similar, at least), or the stars simply didn't align for this to make it to the new system.

Alternatively, since dev kits for the NX only just recently started going out, it's probably just not possible for these games to have been intended for it. With the way GF works, these games have been in the works for a while already.
Old 2016-02-26, 11:16   Link #34
Insaint

So its confirmed...Pokemon S&M
Insaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-26, 11:18   Link #35
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
Black2/White2?

Quote:
They probably needed another game to allow trading between 3ds and NX. Doubt X/Y have the capability to do it.

Which is a shame. They really need to reboot the available pool so people stop using broken GBA stuff.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-26, 11:21   Link #36
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insaint View Post
So its confirmed...Pokemon S&M
Pokemon SUMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
They probably needed another game to allow trading between 3ds and NX. Doubt X/Y have the capability to do it.

Which is a shame. They really need to reboot the available pool so people stop using broken GBA stuff.
The fact that you can now transfer from R/B/Y means people can transfer fissure Machamp too. I haven't played them on 3DS yet, but can anyone confirm if Missingno and Mew glitches still work? That means they could technically be transferred too.
Old 2016-02-26, 11:21   Link #37
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

9 languages megaton!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-26, 11:37   Link #38
Akashin

Quote:
The fact that you can now transfer from R/B/Y means people can transfer fissure Machamp too. I haven't played them on 3DS yet, but can anyone confirm if Missingno and Mew glitches still work? That means they could technically be transferred too.
I don't know about Mew, but yes, Missingno is still in.
Old 2016-02-26, 11:51   Link #39
Galaxian

Quote:
Did we just get trolled?
The Pokemon XY&Z anime as a whole is a troll...
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-26, 11:52   Link #40
GDB

Quote:
Wait, the new ports let you transfer from them too? Oh god, that's horrible. They really need to reboot the pool. I'd prefer if they tweaked everyone's stats, moves, and abilities (just set the games like, 100 years in the future or something and say natural evolution/devolution happened or something), but that's not entirely necessary compared to just clearing out these broke ass movesets and sharked 'mons.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote