AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-01-14, 19:22   Link #81
Wandering Soul

Just an overall cute episode. Machi was precious and even if nothing comes out of this date( even if only Machi knew that it was a date), it was still an important experience for her.
Old 2017-01-14, 19:44   Link #82
Itlandm
Porcupine

Looks like the succubus teacher is starting to warm up to our hero. Let us hope this show stays as chaste as it is now, it is nice to have some shows that you can share with family and friends without getting weird looks.

I was surprised to learn that there are only 3 dullahan in the world. If demi in general are this rare, it seems very contrived that three girls should go to the same school without their parents having agreed on it. Also that common people are this casual about demi. Nobody screamed or fainted when the teacher was wandering around with a human head. (Yeah, it is anime, but ... given that the social situation of demi is a main plot point from the first episode onward, this was a bit unexpected.)
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-14, 19:50   Link #83
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
Looks like the succubus teacher is starting to warm up to our hero. Let us hope this show stays as chaste as it is now, it is nice to have some shows that you can share with family and friends without getting weird looks.

I was surprised to learn that there are only 3 dullahan in the world. If demi in general are this rare, it seems very contrived that three girls should go to the same school without their parents having agreed on it. Also that common people are this casual about demi. Nobody screamed or fainted when the teacher was wandering around with a human head. (Yeah, it is anime, but ... given that the social situation of demi is a main plot point from the first episode onward, this was a bit unexpected.)
Perhaps Japan is at the head of the world in terms of social acceptance of demis?

._.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Old 2017-01-14, 20:31   Link #84
Psyco Diver

This is going to be my calming show this season, that was just a plain nice episode, good script and direction, the humor was on point without being over drawn and scenes lasted just long enough
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-14, 20:48   Link #85
Dop
Mmmm....

Machi is adorable*, but I was thinking "Why is nobody pointing and going 'Eek! Why is that guy carrying a head!!!'" throughout the 'date'. We did see earlier how some of the other girls wanted to be friendly but were a bit treading on eggshells, like when one changed the subject abruptly with cat videos, as Machi being a dullahan finds it harder to fit in that either Hikari or Yuki.

*it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if someone brings out "Machi's Head" plushies at some point.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-14, 21:00   Link #86
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Lol, the anime brought up the more ecchi advantages of being a Dullahan but played it classy. Any other studio would have ecchied up this show
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-14, 21:05   Link #87
Psyco Diver

And with that a 1000 new hentai and erotic fan fics were born lol
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-14, 22:01   Link #88
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So all about Kyouko this time but got to way walking around with a head all day you think he will be stop by the cop at less once

Hikari really cant help her self
Old 2017-01-14, 22:05   Link #89
Ultragunner

for a few moments there, I thought Hikaru was a troll-demi
Old 2017-01-14, 22:10   Link #90
Yamada II

Episode 2

Despite the episode being about Machi, the Hikari parts were the best thing here. Thanks to god damn Hikari, I ended up thinking about some weird dullahan stuff... And I thought of a generous amount of techniques too. Dammit. And then Hikari didn't like a date going too perfectly. Lol when she poked Machi's nipples with full force.

Apart from the glorious Hikari, the episode was still good.... And a bit creepy.... Takahashi hugging a head, carrying a head around, Machi wanting a boyfriend who would carry her head around on dates, a headless body going to the bathroom, a headless body traveling by train (okay the parts about the headless body were hilarious). Also, where the hell was all that juice going when her head was with Takahashi? Also, Machi has normal human parents. How was she born? Pretty important question. Bet the doctors were scared out of their minds lol. They should go a bit more into how these people become demis.

For Machi, being a dullahan isn't a disadvantage; she probably wouldn't have it any other way. There are some inconveniences but she gets around them. The only real problem she's having is that people feel a bit uncomfortable around her. Machi wants to be treated like anyone else, which means that she wants to make jokes about her state and wouldn't mind it if others do the same. People avoiding topics about her headlessness makes her feel like she's being treated differently which she doesn't want. I would like if they go a little more deep into this and show some relatively serious things. It's good enough this way too, but I think they can afford to go into somewhat serious waters. The opening sequence does hint towards some relatively serious stuff with those dull colors after they show each girl.

The romance bit feels a bit off to me. I think they can do well enough without the girls falling in love with their teacher. This feels even more off considering this is only the second episode and Machi is already in love with Takahashi. I would understand if the succubus sensei does ecchi things with Takahashi, but not Machi especially only two episodes in. It could have been better if they showed something like Machi confessing to some other guy she likes and then how that plays out.

Overall good episode. Loved Hikari. Good comedy. Now the succubus will be in focus. Also curious about Yuuki's case.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-14, 22:44   Link #91
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

The "head roll" joke got me really good . And Hikari truly is the main drive of this show. Without her, we'd get a really slow-to-no progress. And like Hikari's case in the previous episode, I really want to see Machi's parents. Too bad the show only showed her human grandparents. And yes, Machi is adorable this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
wonder if dullahans in particular to be more rare.
Only 3 in the world in existence atm? Not even rare would describe it, like super ultra rare.
Science would probably classified them as very endangered or near-extinct species.
Old 2017-01-15, 02:29   Link #92
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 04:40   Link #93
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep2:
Because many people don't want to remember it .
Old 2017-01-15, 05:10   Link #94
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamada II View Post
The romance bit feels a bit off to me. I think they can do well enough without the girls falling in love with their teacher. This feels even more off considering this is only the second episode and Machi is already in love with Takahashi. I would understand if the succubus sensei does ecchi things with Takahashi, but not Machi especially only two episodes in. It could have been better if they showed something like Machi confessing to some other guy she likes and then how that plays out.
Yeah, I imagined it would happen but it's a bit groan inducing. Not the worst thing though, especially if it means Machi will have to get over it. Would be nice to have some more male student characters to be relevant though, teen romance under these premises would be interesting .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 06:42   Link #95
zeross87

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep2:
exactly my thought while watching this episode well this one was cuter than the other one
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 15:06   Link #96
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Yeah, I imagined it would happen but it's a bit groan inducing. Not the worst thing though, especially if it means Machi will have to get over it. Would be nice to have some more male student characters to be relevant though, teen romance under these premises would be interesting .
It seems to be a puppy love crush that Machi knows isn't going anywhere, tho that may too sentimental for some in itself.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 16:24   Link #97
Blueknight78

i agree about the "romance" this is aways something which annoying me this "otaku bait" mandatory every girl must fall for mc and "fake harem shinengans" this is the only thing which normally make that sort of serie not so "perfect", cuz just the presmise of the teacher learn about the demis and how things happen in the life, see they experiencing romance(with others peoples not him), while i like overal this manga the "obligatory mc pheromones aways is something odd" on then.
Old 2017-01-15, 16:50   Link #98
drawr

I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first. Same as the manga, once the girls started blushing around the teacher I felt a bit detached. I like him talking to and learning about them but could do without romance even if one-sided. Would have liked if succubus was the only one with such undertones.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 18:21   Link #99
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawr View Post
I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first. Same as the manga, once the girls started blushing around the teacher I felt a bit detached. I like him talking to and learning about them but could do without romance even if one-sided. Would have liked if succubus was the only one with such undertones.
Wait I thought it was just the dullahan and the succubus that fell for him? You mean to say more have joined in the future???
To respect Fred's comment, PM me.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.

Last edited by BladeMancer; 2017-01-15 at 18:34.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 18:33   Link #100
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
Wait I thought it was just the dullahan and the succubus that fell for him? You mean to say more have joined in the future???
I hope that nobody actually responds to this request for a SPOILER of future content...

As for the anime itself, well, after the first episode I was hooked and, as a result, I marathoned the available English chapters, then "read" the remaining Japanese ones. If not a carbon-copy of the manga, the anime is certainly capturing the spirit of the source in an exceedingly satisfying fashion.

As for Dullahan-chan's crush, why not? She's not the first adolescent who's fallen for a teacher, and, in her case, it seems pretty natural to me, even more so now that it has the advantage of being so well animated.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, monster girls, school life, slice of life