AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/stay Night Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 53 34.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 55 35.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 21.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 6.54%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.65%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-03-24, 19:17   Link #21
Fire Ice
Almost dead inside...

Zomg...I'm giving it a nine...
Noble Phantasm Wars ftw! wh00t!

I luff'd this episode xD And with Rider gone, I can start my count down till UBW...[Insert Evil Laugh Here]
Fire Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 19:31   Link #22
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
T_T

She had a good run.
tragicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 19:33   Link #23
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragicsmile
T_T

She had a good run.
Don't worry Tragic, at least she was pretty awesome when she was in the series. ^^;
Old 2006-03-24, 19:46   Link #24
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

excellent episode
Rider finally defeated and we get to see Saber's Noble Phantasm
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 19:53   Link #25
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2
There you have it peeps.

Rider's gone. Shinji's command mantra's destroyed. She ain't coming back, stop denying the fact right here and now.
If you want to get techical, since the book was only a "control mechanism" (it's not a command seal), the fact that it burned only signifies that "Rider was pushed too far and burned out" (those who played the game will know what I mean).

But either way, I agree that Rider is probably gone... for now. There's really no way to tell whether or not she's gone for good though, since this is the anime and they can do anything they want.

Spoiler for this episode:
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 19:58   Link #26
KJlost

Spoiler:

I still find the battle scenes somewhat lacking compared to the game, but I suppose that's to be expected in most cases. Your imagination runs too wild for any animation team to really compete.

Despite what I said, it was pretty good episode overall, though I agree the dark aura of HF route is slowly seeping in.

As for charging Saber's mana...oh boy.
KJlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 21:26   Link #27
DwArD
mAnIaC

Aww man...this episode is waaaaay toooo cooool. I was like..."You're dead Rider" when Saber was shouting the name of her Nobel Phantasm. Shinji sure gives me the creeps again. He's a sore loser anyway. The only thing I'm curious about is what Sakura is saying when she saw that pillar of light.
Old 2006-03-24, 21:38   Link #28
Incoan
Jinuar Mumbir

Send a message via ICQ to Incoan Send a message via MSN to Incoan
Actually, I am a bit dissapointed with the Rider vs Saber fight (well, pre-NoblePhantasm phase at least). It just didn't feel intense enough . And I am not complaining about the animation (it was top-notch , as always. For a TV series ) , but the music used just couldn't provide the mood of the "epic" battle I was so anticipating for, if you know what I mean.
The episode itself was not bad , there were some memorable scenes , like when Rider petted her Pegasus. I mean , EVEN THE ANIMAL screamed from the joy of being stroked by Rider.
A solid 7 from me.
Incoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 22:02   Link #29
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Rider and Saber last duel is tragic for Rider especially. If someone knew her from the legend; it magnifies her sad story in this anime. Did not help if you knew her sidestory from FHA. But Rider is female fatale to the last and the animators really protrayed her in luscious glorious sexiness before she kick the bucket. At least when she kick the bucket, she did it on her stead, Bellerophon....died fighting.

Rider is also more talkative in this episode. A bit unsual since she is quiet, sexy female in the start.

Sakura mournful look and Rin's responding expression is priceless.
Old 2006-03-24, 22:26   Link #30
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
Rider and Saber last duel is tragic for Rider especially. If someone knew her from the legend; it magnifies her sad story in this anime. Did not help if you knew her sidestory from FHA. But Rider is female fatale to the last and the animators really protrayed her in luscious glorious sexiness before she kick the bucket. At least when she kick the bucket, she did it on her stead, Bellerophon....died fighting.

Rider is also more talkative in this episode. A bit unsual since she is quiet, sexy female in the start.

Sakura mournful look and Rin's responding expression is priceless.
I'm not so convinced she's gone. For reasons I won't state, but I'm at least half sure we'll see Rider again.

This episode so far rates between an 8 and a 9 until I see it translated to get a better understanding of some of the dialogue between Rider and Saber. That'll dictate which rating I will give it.

Not totally convinced about the developing romance between Shirou and Saber. It feels a little forced to me, not like how Shiki and Arcuied from Tsukihime developed(and that was in half the episodes too!). We'll see what direction they plan on taking us.
Old 2006-03-24, 22:39   Link #31
stormy001_M1A2

If the anime let Rider live, I will be screaming murder. It is betrayal of good story to me.
Old 2006-03-24, 22:42   Link #32
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
If the anime let Rider live, I will be screaming murder. It is betrayal of good story to me.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-24, 22:44   Link #33
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Spoiler:
+1 for seeing the depth in my argument. There's still so many side characters and side parts that could be spun with that. Every character has a deeper story than what we've been shown as anime viewers.
Old 2006-03-24, 22:45   Link #34
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
You wont be the only one -.- *bids a fond farewell to the servant of fanservice*

This ep gets a 9 for me, finally got to see what I was waiting for with Saber XD but I was a bit torn over certain scene I want to happen but maybe not, involving Shinji -.-
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 22:46   Link #35
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
While I may be quite fond of Rider, there are other ways to spin different plot threads that would otherwise require her into the main story. Most of this conversation would do better in the Speculation thread, by the way.
tragicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 22:53   Link #36
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife
+1 for seeing the depth in my argument. There's still so many side characters and side parts that could be spun with that. Every character has a deeper story than what we've been shown as anime viewers.
There's only so much you can fit in to keep people who haven't played the game/read spoilers entertained though. Plus they have x episodes to fit it all into.

I'd normally download the RAW, but I find it pointless because the next release will be soon.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 23:21   Link #37
stormy001_M1A2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris
There's only so much you can fit in to keep people who haven't played the game/read spoilers entertained though. Plus they have x episodes to fit it all into.

I'd normally download the RAW, but I find it pointless because the next release will be soon.
Percisely, it is sad to Sakura's side won't be discussed in depth in this anime but this is how should be. Her story can be animated later in OVA or Season 2. Sakura is meant to be side character here, like it or not. Her story in game is the most impressive and tragic (not to mention Heaven's Feel is what I liked most of all Fate routes) but it can't fit in the anime now unless the anime makers willing to retconn a lot of parts. Sakura and Rider's role ends here.

More inclusion of her story will distrupt the plot flow of anime and I hope this is last time we see her active role in the anime. The story must go on focusing on Rin, Shirou and Saber resolution.

There is only so much character exposition episodes before the story must go torwards conclusion of its conflict. Remaining 12 episodes is not a lot considering they have to fit in Saber's story and why she is a Servant. Shirou's dream of being hero of justice, Rin's dilemma of duty and feelings. Ilya and Kotomine's role..... Caster and Assassin role is yet to resolved yet. Sakura simply have no space to fit in after all this aspect. So is Rider.
Old 2006-03-24, 23:34   Link #38
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Side character or not, we are certainly getting enough hints from the anime that would be pointless unless the anime writers are going to do something with it one way or another. While we most likely wont get HF theres no reason to believe that they wont revise some parts of Sakura's story to be able to fit into the anime as a side story...... theres something I want to add but I'd better do it in the speculation thread...
Old 2006-03-24, 23:35   Link #39
justinstrife

I vote for another batch of seasons since there is obviously so much material to work with.
Old 2006-03-24, 23:46   Link #40
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

A season for each of the scenarios! lol even though the chances of that happening is probly like winning the lottery -.-