AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-06, 15:32   Link #141
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gault View Post
so those who have played Idolmaster 2, are we suppose to get ripped apart by fellow 765 Members at the Rising moon concert, cause Miki, Takane and Chihaya were heavily dissapointed with what happened
...you're talking about the first run in with Ryuguu Komachi? Then yes, they run you into the ground. You're forced to enter this festival and go against them and they just own you. They score about 65000 points in the end and relentlessly use their Memory and Burst Appeals to run you into the ground. Even if you're lucky I think that you can only get up to 15000ish points yourself...well in my experience. But you're talking to a guy that got a "D" for his Producer ranking on his first playthrough.

Though its funny since in your second encounter with them they usually score about 20000ish. What happened to them? LOL

G4U is just expensive eye candy. They're only available as the Blu-ray x Game pack and they're all a limited edition which means they've only manufactured so many copies. (though ofcourse you'll find plenty on auction sites later on for ridiculous prices. ) But in the end fans still want them...and I'm one of them. orz Must...resist...urge...

...as if they're not going to be making a fortune off of the DLC.

*EDIT*
OK, G4U isnt necessary 100% eye candy. Just popped in my copy of Vol. 1 to find that they have a "Communication with the Cover Girl" mode, bascially a short conversation with the cover girl of the G4U, in this case its Haruka . So Vol.2 would be Mami, Vol.3 is Yukiho, and Vol.4 is Takane, and so on and so on. You can also select the BGM and I guess each volume will feature one unique track. (I'm assuming its unique to G4U for now) In Vol.1 its Haruka RedMIX.

There's also one more feature: Pandora's box. Whats in it? Well I dont want to spoil it for everyone so...

Spoiler for Do you really want to know whats in the Pandora's Box?!?:

Last edited by shinku no kage; 2011-11-07 at 00:14.
shinku no kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 18:02   Link #142
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Spoiler:
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 21:11   Link #143
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Oh, is that the song

Spoiler:
Old 2011-11-09, 21:40   Link #144
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Spoiler for :
Old 2011-11-09, 22:28   Link #145
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

lol I love it. I need to find an audio clip of it so I can make it my ringtone.
Old 2011-11-10, 20:49   Link #146
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Found a 1500x1500 version of that majestic Vol.4 boxart.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-11-10, 23:45   Link #147
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Found a 1500x1500 version of that majestic Vol.4 boxart.

Spoiler:
Itadakimasu!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 23:47   Link #148
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Itadakimasu!
Please try to refrain from literally eating our Takane, sir.
Old 2011-11-11, 01:08   Link #149
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Please try to refrain from literally eating our Takane, sir.
Since 2008 .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 03:31   Link #150
shinku no kage

Yeah, that was the song. Its pretty catchy...I wouldnt have minded the loading time being long if this played from time to time...assuming its a different girl each time and they each sing with a different level of enthusiasm. But iM@S2 does fairly ok in loading time so...

BTW, anyone else here play either version of the game and have had Azusa-san appear whenever you're switching from the title screen to the main menu? She just appears on the screen and bows...and thats it. Any significance to this? Is this just a really short Loading sequence?
Old 2011-11-11, 21:38   Link #151
Gault
inc_mplete

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinku no kage View Post
BTW, anyone else here play either version of the game and have had Azusa-san appear whenever you're switching from the title screen to the main menu? She just appears on the screen and bows...and thats it. Any significance to this? Is this just a really short Loading sequence?
It just happened with mine when I went passed my 1st run through (I got an E rank btw)
maybe she's trying to tell us something :O?

also after my 1st run through, I got some questions

so its only 54 days in this game?
and those coloured awards at the end, how to obtain them?
Gault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 23:34   Link #152
shinku no kage

Maybe, I think that with each time I start a new playthrough the sequence goes a little further. In the last one I got to the point that after she bows her head she has a surprised look on her face. Maybe by the time you produce all the girls as the leader or with each time your producer ranking goes up then something will happen.

Technically its weeks, not days, but yes, there's only 54 weeks. (55 if you count the final week) Though there are certain weeks that you're forced into an event:

Week 1~3: Choosing your unit leader and members, lessons, and your first audition
Week 10: The "RISING MOON" festival against Ryuguu Komachi *CANT WIN
Week 21: The "FUJISAN ROCK" festvial against Ryuguu Komachi *WINNABLE
Week 32: The "ODYSSEY" festival against Touma *INTERUPPTED = cant win
Week 36: Deadline to make it as an IA Award Nominee *You have to be within the top 20 to pass
Week 40: IA Award Nominee Final Selection *Only happens if you didnt get into the top 20 by Week 36
Week 41: IA Award Nominee announcement party
Week 54: Festival against Jupiter
Week 55: IA Award Ceremony

Also, depending on your leader you may be forced into events. For example, if Haruka is the leader you're forced into a festival against Jupiter late in the game.

As for winning the awards:

For the divisional awards you have to win the "Uta Hime - Uta Ouji" festival that appears in each region after you attain 100,000fans in each specific region. On your early playthroughs I recommend targeting one or two regions. I strongly recommend the capital area, the area where you do all the normal lessons, as when you win the Uta Hime - Uta Ouji festival there you'll get the opportunity to purchase one of the best charms (in my opinion) that you can find. The downside to doing this area is that you dont get an award for it, but the charm is definitely worth getting for you later playthroughs, it greatly increases your voltage increase rate for both your normal and memory appeals hence giving you better chances at performing a Burst Appeal.

For the IA Grand Award you have to around 300,000fans total and have a song rank in the top 10.

Last edited by shinku no kage; 2011-11-20 at 11:11.
Old 2011-11-17, 17:52   Link #153
Nikkan

So I got the game some days ago but I must be doing something wrong...
I tried follow the guide on Im@s wiki for the fist 10 weeks, but it didn't help much.
I'm at week 12 now and still at rank 82 on the chart when you're supposed to be in top 20 OTL

Anyone got any tips? Guides?
Nikkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 02:29   Link #154
shinku no kage

Well your ranking/sales of your current song depends on:

-The high score of your audition/live/festival attained during the first 4 weeks after choosing the song
-Number of fans
-Fans' interest: (Good)Pink - Yellow - Green - Blue(Bad)

Note that you have 4 weeks, including the week you choose the song, to enter an audition/live/festival. I recommend AVOIDING festivals since the rivals can interrupt your stage which means you cant attain the highest score possible. After your song appears on the chart you have another 4 weeks to perform a live to "keep" the song in the ranking.

Generally the first three weeks (including the week you choose the song) you should just perform lessons and promotions so that you can aim for a higher score on week 4, the week that the song will be appear on the chart. As long as you perform a Live within the next 4 weeks the song will stay around its highest attained rank. *except when new songs by yourself and other characters appear*

If you're good you can hit the top20 with your 2nd song, but chances are you'll hit the top20 with either your 3rd or 4th song. (technically your 4th song is your last chance to make it into the top20 by the time limit so...)

There are two other things you can do to change the ranking of your song AFTER its release.

Break
It has to be 10weeks since your current song's release. After 10weeks have passed enter a Festival and there is a chance that the song will hit the "Break" status and it will go up in ranking.
*in accordance to your high score, number of fans, and fan interest at the time*
Again, you have to wait 10weeks after the release without changing your current song so attempting a "Break" is possible only if you put off releasing a new song or on your 5th and final song.

Revival
Enter an audition with a song that has been released for 10+ weeks and there is a chance that it will hit the "Revive" status and rise in rank. Later in the game you'll want to attempt a revival of your first two songs as they'll usually be stuck in the lower ranks and have low sale numbers which will effect your Producer ranking in the end.

*Note*
The chances of a "break" or "revival" happening depends on how many "Lucky Stars" you attain during your stage. The "Lucky Star" is...well, the stars that appear when you get a "Perfect" appeal. The chances of a "Lucky Star" appearing increases if you're performing a favorite song of one of your unit's character and if you have a matching accessory set. The more you have that matches the higher the chance. You'll know which song is a character's favorite when the character actually says the song's title after choosing it.

Memory Drive
A tip for when attempting a high score: "Memory Drive". If you have more then 1 Memory appeal then you can attempt a "Memory Drive" by switching the appealing character with the L1 button (for the PS3). With each appeal there's a chance that your unit will do a "Duo" or even a "Trio" appeal which results in a higher Voltage increase then usual. With the right charm and a Trio appeal the gauge could max out.

FYI: The max number of memory appeals is 5, but 3 is usually enough to get through the game.

If you're having trouble with getting "Perfect" communication in the promotions then look for the "Fan event" promotions. You'll have to pay 15,000 out of your own pocket but its an automatic "Perfect" communication and you get thousands of fans. Not recommended for your first or second playthrough but its something to remember in a pinch.

Burst Appeals
Burst appeals 2x the interest rate for your appeals. The highest interest you can normally acquire is 1.5x but if you perfom a Burst appeal that will raise the total to 3x your usual score. Utilizing this later in the game will allow you to get thousands of points for a single appeal. Also take note of the characters in your unit and your image level for Burst Appeals. Each character has a different number of appeals for Vi, Da, Vo. Chihaya for example has 5 vocal appeals during her burst so if your Vocal image is high then you'll want to perform a burst with Chihaya rather then characters like Hibiki or Makoto, who has more dance appeals.

...also, if you have the PS3 version then you may want to give the "Hyper" mode a try atleast once.

Last edited by shinku no kage; 2011-11-18 at 02:49.
Old 2011-11-19, 03:56   Link #155
JohnNiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinku no kage View Post
Yeah, that was the song. Its pretty catchy...I wouldnt have minded the loading time being long if this played from time to time...assuming its a different girl each time and they each sing with a different level of enthusiasm. But iM@S2 does fairly ok in loading time so...

She did more than bow in mine- I also saw her surprised and backing away. Did I do something wrong?
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 11:10   Link #156
shinku no kage

No...I dont think so. I just now realized...yes, just now, that she appears when you're moving from the title screen to the start menu after you finish a play through and receive some trophies.

Azusa appearing is apparently just the loading sequence skit while you're being told what trophies you received. The more you get in one play through the longer the sequence.

So yeah...
Old 2011-11-22, 09:10   Link #157
Nikkan

@Shinku no kage
Thanks for the through explanation!

Just some quick questions I couldn't find the answer to online...

*Sometimes after preforming I get the question if the leader/other two should preform on their own. Does this affect anything? What if I chose another song?

*I got over 10万 fans in one area, but the 歌姫・歌王子フェス festival never appeared. Are there any other requirements like having a song in top 20 or doing it before a special week?

*Anyway to raise a song that haven't been out for 10+ weeks?
Tried doing promotions, festival, live and audition, but the song won't budge -_-;
Nikkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 12:30   Link #158
shinku no kage

No prob. As for your additional questions:

Those are just additional encores, as far as I know they dont affect anything. IF there is a chance that it will affect anything then its most likely the chance of a writer approaching you. (their names will appear in the left bottom box on the map, if they are in the area) Each writer has a different effect on your unit:

-安宅 純: Voltage increase+/-
-有明 仁: Fan acquisition+/-
-小柴 徹: Lesson effect+/-
-金丸 大蔵: Money acquisition+/-
-山原 太郎: Everything+/-

The effect is plus or minus depending of if you succeeded or failed on stage. Not to mention that even if you succeed that its not a 100% chance that they'll approach you. Goes without saying but you'll want to get the writers that will increase your lesson results or fan acquisition, it will help you in the long run. Also note that if you visit an area with a writer while already having one working with you then that writer will be replaced with the new one.

As for the 歌姫・歌王子フェス(Uta Hime/Uta Ouji Festival) you met the requirement for the number of fans but I think for the ranking you have to be in the top10, but maybe the top20 is good enough. Sorry that I cant be clear, usually by the time I get around to entering it I'm already in the top10 so...

Oh, also note that the one in the 首都/shuto area wont get you an award at the ending. Entering the festival here will let you buy a special charm afterwards. The charm increases your voltage increase rate for both standard and omoide/memory appeals. You'll want to just get this done and out of the way as soon as you can so that you can concentrate on other areas on your later play through.

As far as increasing the sales of your song? You'll have to wait the 10+ weeks to perform a Break or a Revival, those are really the only ways to affect that sale after the release. Though occasionally I've seen the ranking go up by 2, 3 spots time from time after a live or festival. But if you want a drastic increase then you pretty much have to attempt a Break or a Revival.

...though I'm told that there is a "Super Break" status. This only happens if you succeed in a Quintet Live BEFORE the release of your song, and even then its not a 100% that it will happen. I've yet to see this happen to me, and I'm on my 7th production.

I already mentioned what affects the sale/ranking of the song before its release. Just try and get as many fans with lives/festivals/auditions/promotions as you can while keeping the interest rate of all areas up, if you see a national audition at a level you can win then I'd say enter it at all costs. Your high score plays a good part in your sales so you'll want to do you best. I would recommend concentrating on two images. For example, if you raise your Vocal and Visual image then start your stage with the Dance appeals to increase your Vocal interest rate up to a 1.5, then you can switch to Vocal appeals to increase your Visual interest rate. By the time you get to a Burst then the bonus should be 3x. This is really effective if you have the charms that greatly decrease the interest rate decrease rate, these charms will usually drop you interest rate by .01 with each appeal instead of the usual .05~.08.

...if you find a better method for getting a high score then let me know though. I've been trying to get the trophy for scoring over 76,500 but...I cant get past 62,000. orz

You should also keep your eyes peeled for when your unit is in the bonus state for lessons. It'll show when they walk in and in the gauge on the top right corner of the screen. They'll either be singing, dancing, or they'll be glowing, on the gauge there will either be a musical note, shoes, or stars displayed over the circle. You'll get more of a bonus for each girl that's affected. If all three girls are in that state then I highly recommend doing a lesson for the long run.

...and a small tip for when you play rock-paper-scissors with the girls in your unit: LOOK AT THEIR FACE!!! Each character has a set expression for what they're going to use. Yayoi for example:

-Rock: Frowning
-Scissors: Has a smirk
-Paper: Smiling with her mouth open

Note that getting 3 ties in a row will also end up with a positive result. I recommend doing this once after you figured out each character just to see their reaction afterwards.

~Good Luck
Old 2011-11-24, 09:14   Link #159
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I feel so bad for the people who got this filmstrip in their limited edition. xD

Spoiler for kinda big img:

If only it was more moe enough.
Old 2011-11-24, 21:49   Link #160
shinku no kage

For some reason they decided to match the DLC for the season in the next PS3 DLC catalog:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Spoiler for Not fair! I want too!!:
I was expecting the vampire outfit along with "Kyun! Vampire Girl" since that was vol.4 for the 360version.(The PS3 version has the 360version DLC catalogs #1~3 already) orz

Though I am glad that they decided "Jibun Rest@rt" as a new song, if they added that then there's a chance that they'll add "Yakusoku"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I feel so bad for the people who got this filmstrip in their limited edition. xD

Spoiler for kinda big img:

If only it was more moe enough.
...yeah, it sucks. I know they said ANY scene from the OP "READY!!" and episode 1 but...they could've atleast taken shots with a character in it.

...orz

Last edited by shinku no kage; 2011-11-24 at 22:04.

Tags
amami haruka, hoshii miki, idolmaster, kisaragi chihaya, nonowa