Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2013-01-30, 08:33   Link #3341
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanw View Post
So is this series going to officially end after WEB 8 is rewritten/fitted for LN?
Side stories, Ghanw. Lots of short stories. :P

And if that's not enough, how about the Progressive series, beginning from Floor One of Aincrad? That's a lot to write even if the plot has ended.
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 11:44   Link #3342
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Well, it's to my understanding that the Progressive series is going to literally show the progression from floor to floor. Well, that would mean that Progressive is probably going to be the series with new content, not included in the Web-novel. Volume 2 is going to include Concerto of Black and White, most likely, which if I'm not mistaken, wasn't complete?

If this is the case, then I'm looking forward to that, as the 2 year gap in SAO is really just too long to leave, while only explaining tiny bits of it. I'm interested to see what kind of boss was the 25th boss, which raped all the clearing guilds. Or why Kirito and Asuna stopped partying up, as they had been doing the first few floors.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 10:48   Link #3343
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
Well, it's to my understanding that the Progressive series is going to literally show the progression from floor to floor. Well, that would mean that Progressive is probably going to be the series with new content, not included in the Web-novel. Volume 2 is going to include Concerto of Black and White, most likely, which if I'm not mistaken, wasn't complete?

If this is the case, then I'm looking forward to that, as the 2 year gap in SAO is really just too long to leave, while only explaining tiny bits of it. I'm interested to see what kind of boss was the 25th boss, which raped all the clearing guilds. Or why Kirito and Asuna stopped partying up, as they had been doing the first few floors.
If Progressive is going floor for floor and will only release once a year, then it's gonna take a long time to reach the 75th floor.
Plus, I don't think that will work at all. Red Nosed Reindeer is a story on the 46th floor and has a flashback to the lower floors.
Do you think you'll read it if we go at it chronologically and start when Kirito met the Black Cats on the lower floors, have them die later on a few floors up and then cover 20+ floors of him being emogoing solo before fighting the Santa boss and recovering from Sachi's message?

We'll probably still have timeskips but not that big. Concerto of Black and White's quest goes up to the 9th floor so we'll probably skip around until they reach that floor. Kirito did mention that he got a quest sword on that floor on vol10.
We'll also probably get some stories of the Army gaining power and then get defeated on the 25th floor. Kawahara doesn't have to tell a story for each floor as I don't think anything significant would happen every floor. He just needs to have more stories spaced evenly that shows Kirito and some of his interesting adventures, probably some more stories of the other characters like Klein and his guild and tell some of the untold ones(the LC guild crusade, the 50th floor boss fight, etc.)
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 10:59   Link #3344
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
If Progressive is going floor for floor and will only release once a year, then it's gonna take a long time to reach the 75th floor.
Plus, I don't think that will work at all. Red Nosed Reindeer is a story on the 46th floor and has a flashback to the lower floors.
Do you think you'll read it if we go at it chronologically and start when Kirito met the Black Cats on the lower floors, have them die later on a few floors up and then cover 20+ floors of him being emogoing solo before fighting the Santa boss and recovering from Sachi's message?

We'll probably still have timeskips but not that big. Concerto of Black and White's quest goes up to the 9th floor so we'll probably skip around until they reach that floor. Kirito did mention that he got a quest sword on that floor on vol10.
We'll also probably get some stories of the Army gaining power and then get defeated on the 25th floor. Kawahara doesn't have to tell a story for each floor as I don't think anything significant would happen every floor. He just needs to have more stories spaced evenly that shows Kirito and some of his interesting adventures, probably some more stories of the other characters like Klein and his guild and tell some of the untold ones(the LC guild crusade, the 50th floor boss fight, etc.)
Exactly what I mean.

He already wrote the short story for Kirito and Asuna's house, that might get written into Progressive as well.
Old 2013-02-01, 02:12   Link #3345
Flere821
Lurker

Remember how I said the translator had skipped some parts in my last summary? Some other guys went back and did those parts for him, so expect more summaries from me for the next few days. Here's one for WEB 8 Part 28 (second half):
Spoiler for WEB 8 Part 28 (2nd half):
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 10:40   Link #3346
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

...well now I know why the translator skipped this part.
Old 2013-02-01, 13:45   Link #3347
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusjecht View Post
...well now I know why the translator skipped this part.
Nobody seems to like random fight scenes. :P

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 17:42   Link #3348
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Nobody seems to like random fight scenes. :P
The fight scenes are decent most of the time, it's just that we get new characters and new abilities out of nowhere constantly - it makes it hard for us readers to care, even the 'wow/cool' factor starts to get stale after a while.
Old 2013-02-02, 08:12   Link #3349
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
The fight scenes are decent most of the time, it's just that we get new characters and new abilities out of nowhere constantly - it makes it hard for us readers to care, even the 'wow/cool' factor starts to get stale after a while.
I have to agree with you there.

I do wonder if the Cradle of the Moon would be the end of the SAO story. From what I read in the posts, it get really over the top when it comes to battle.

Spoiler for Cradle of the Moon Spoilers:
Old 2013-02-02, 12:26   Link #3350
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

BT is still translating slowly, right? Any official word? The current 1% part could use some cleaning IMO..
Old 2013-02-02, 16:09   Link #3351
Shinon

tap updated his blog with vol 11
Old 2013-02-02, 17:46   Link #3352
Flere821
Lurker

WEB 8 Part 29 (1st half) summary here:
Spoiler for WEB 8 Pt29:
Old 2013-02-03, 10:35   Link #3353
Shinon

thx for summary once again Flere821 but i am getting impatient i want to see kirito to chop some heads too
Old 2013-02-03, 10:55   Link #3354
Wysth

Sorry new here were can I read the soa webseries translated?
Old 2013-02-03, 12:12   Link #3355
l.kostas

http://www.mediafire.com/?r94jzvvowcoe38n

The "translation" in English is from a software (ATLAS). It "translates" like that:
"It is because of the union of the very limit time schedule always having been exposed to all of kinds of tensions while it goes out to the field, and furthermore to attempt the status improvement by the maximum effectiveness and the action."
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 12:38   Link #3356
Wysth

Very nice thx.
Old 2013-02-03, 17:16   Link #3357
Flere821
Lurker

WEB 8 Part 29 (second half) summary below. We've now caught up to my summary of WEB 8 Part 30 (1st half) a while back.
Spoiler for WEB 8 Part 29 (second half):

Spoiler for WEB 8 Pt 30 (a bit before my last summary on this part):
Old 2013-02-03, 18:03   Link #3358
reccaryu

Thanks for the summaries Flere!
reccaryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 01:46   Link #3359
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Wouldn't negative HP make them anti-Integrity Knights? O.o just me being an ass.
Old 2013-02-04, 08:19   Link #3360
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

LOL. Negative HP huh? So many bugs this system has. :P

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality