AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

View Poll Results: Utawarerumono Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 12 23.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 53.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 15.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.92%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-12, 17:11   Link #21
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Just watched episode 15, just brilliant.

The battle scenes just keep getting better & better, shame we didn't get to see much from the Benawi side of the battle, but then again it wasen't as important as the main one.. and don't have say an hour long to play around with things.

Karura yet agaion shown us just how much arse she really can kick, i look forward to hearing more about her backstory, thats if it ever happens.

As for Hakuoro, well its something i could tell from the first few episodes.. but to actually see what he can do.. amazing.
Old 2006-07-12, 18:23   Link #22
cheenk

i'm hoping that next episode it seems more slow paced and relaxed. maybe then they'll fit in all the character development? especially from touka b/c right now... her character seems so static
Old 2006-07-17, 21:38   Link #23
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Loved this episode. It accomplished what it was meant to do. It was meant to show the ending of the war between these two countries and show the beast inside Hakuoro. I wish they had more time to include a little more from the fights, but alas my wishes don't often come true.

Also, damn does Karura kick major ass!
Old 2006-07-18, 01:32   Link #24
ImClueless
Rawr

Never quite realized how annoying Niwe's laugh is until this episode since we got to hear it so much. Even though the laugh is dead we got an extra dose
Old 2006-07-18, 02:22   Link #25
Skane
Anime Snark

Smile

Would have rated this episode higher if they had not reused footage from the previous episode. Other than that, I was happy with the level of animation in this episode. Also glad to see gore in the default animation for once. Although... they still tamed Touka's dismemberment of a soldier...
Old 2006-07-18, 02:59   Link #26
Lost

The sword fighting scenes left me quite speechless, especially Karura and the three baddies playtime. Woah.. she doesnt bleed; and she doesnt appear to fear pain ~ its obvious her arms were pierced that way by her design. What is she. Plus CGI and 3D-panning in this episode were very nice to watch.

In other thoughts, yay, Yue got exactly what he wanted, to be beast chowder. Actually IMO, Yue comes off the winner really, altho yes, he's just a sticky mess now. But as I said, he wins because he killed all those people and villages just to see Hakuoro turn, and Hakuoro conveniently obliges him. In the end, the people are dead, and Hakuoro is slandered; and part of him still has to live with the guilt ~ as Yue said, Hakuoro brought destruction. And altho Hakuoro knows that it is Yue as the direct cause, no way he cant feel guilty for being the indirect cause.

In anycase, Hakuoro morphing must have been pretty IMPORTANT to Yue for him to burn his own city. Lesson : Hakuoro is SOMETHING.

Was disappointed by the end, Hakuoro embracing Eruruu with a smile on his face. I was hoping that instead of letting her embrace him; he would "with cold dead eyes push her away, saying 'I am not a man.'" lalala~

Last edited by Lost; 2006-07-18 at 03:09.
Old 2006-07-18, 04:48   Link #27
evil-samurai

Woah..!! Karura kicks As* here =) I wonder if there will soon be a enemy that she has a really! hard time agaisn't...

I didn't think the animation was that impressive throughout the whole episode, but still it had some great moments, they reuse parts a little to often and not just the ones from last episodes. I'm looking forward to next episode alot! Yue wasn't exactly the best villian ^^; I thought there was more to him, but he turned out to be just insane in the end, though... its great!! that he is finally dead =)
Old 2006-07-18, 05:23   Link #28
Lost

Was Yue insane? Not to me. It seemed like he had a solid agenda to accomplish; just that he didnt think of how to extricate himself from trouble. Maybe he tot that he would be able to control Hakuoro, like he did the rest.

Then again, some parts are troubling.

Why didnt they show Yue really trying to TRAP the beast? Surely, consistent to his previous actions, he should have tot of some way and we should have seen him *at least* try to implement it.

Instead he just gave up; as if he lived only to see the beast and then that was enough for him. I dont want to believe that its as simple as him just being insane ~ he showed enough mental faculties in setting this up and in fighting. Yet why.

Maybe:

He didnt want to control Hakuoro (altho he should have imo). All he wanted was entertainment; he wanted someone worthy to fight, and hence saying that all those other guys were not enough for him. Still not insane, imo. Maybe an uncontrolled obsession, yes?
Old 2006-07-18, 07:44   Link #29
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

All i know is, when the main character poll appears at the end of the series.. people have just gotta vote for Yue. ^^;
Old 2006-07-18, 11:05   Link #30
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Was disappointed by the end, Hakuoro embracing Eruruu with a smile on his face. I was hoping that instead of letting her embrace him; he would "with cold dead eyes push her away, saying 'I am not a man.'" lalala~
I felt the concluding scene in episode 15 was sufficient. If anything, it adds more of a mystery to the overall relationship between the two. Recall the fight in the throne room: you can't shrug off what Eruruu saw there. Is she scared of him? Or does she remain faithful as she proclaimed in episode 13?

It is my opinion that Hakuoro and Eruruu have established a solid relationship with one another, even if they might not be aware of it, or if they can't bring themselves to acknowledge it. Whichever the situation. But when the music cut out and we got a glimpse of the tessen at the end, the only thing on my mind running was, "The relationship is about to become more complicated...and I don't know if this is going to be a good thing or a bad thing."

Regarding Niwe/Yue, I got the impression that he wanted to remain in control of the entire situation. He rules a country ten times the military might of Tousukuru, and he seems to enjoy being in a higher position to taunt and tease Hakuoro. Cliffside in episode 13, stairway AND the throne room AND the balcony (not to mention they seemed to go upstairs into a secluded place for the two to one-on-one each other). Niwe kept being in a higher position than his counterpart, and that mindset kept with him to the end.
Old 2006-07-18, 11:35   Link #31
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
in my opinion, Niwe is a classic case of a person who is seeking his own death.

He deliberately looked for the most dangerous person he can, that could kill him.

When he couldn't find one, he made them.

he was suicidal, not technically insane.

His last quote before he died, remind me of the time when that cannibal german man, advertised for a person to eat, and got his wish when someone who wanted to be eaten met him. And afterward walked away free, because it was an consent agreement between two adults.

Old 2006-07-19, 03:34   Link #32
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaris
I felt the concluding scene in episode 15 was sufficient. If anything, it adds more of a mystery to the overall relationship between the two. Recall the fight in the throne room: you can't shrug off what Eruruu saw there. Is she scared of him? Or does she remain faithful as she proclaimed in episode 13?

It is my opinion that Hakuoro and Eruruu have established a solid relationship with one another, even if they might not be aware of it, or if they can't bring themselves to acknowledge it. Whichever the situation. But when the music cut out and we got a glimpse of the tessen at the end, the only thing on my mind running was, "The relationship is about to become more complicated...and I don't know if this is going to be a good thing or a bad thing."
I get your point, heartwarming to see Eruruu still embracing him, even tho she knows about Hakuoro's beast (tho she hasnt exactly seen it yet) and doesnt as yet know if its a good or bad thing; i.e. no matter what, she is still his little puppy.

The point I was making however, is related to Hakuoro, not Eruruu. It would be imo show more depth in character on Hakuoro's part to start distancing himself from Eruruu if he really cared for her, if their relationship was that solid. Yes, this I'm-dangerous-get-far-away-becoz-I-dont-want-to-hurt-you complex has been overdone; but I dont see how he can overlook the possibility that he UNCONSCIOUSLY mauled a guy to little bits and still be unafraid of hurting more of those around him. Directly or indirectly.

One thing for sure, yes, its gonna get complicated. But I do hope that those complications will be believably deep.
Old 2006-07-19, 22:40   Link #33
Green²
It's bacon!

Kind of stunning that Karura could take a sword to the arms and still keep going like that. I mean, just a hack here, and a hack there, and her arms would be off. Just a bit longer and we might've get, No worries!, it's just a flesh wound. No they're not, I just -AHHHHHHH!!! Not just her,.. Hakuoro, the beast! ...or demon,.. or well... Hey!, there's blood. It can be killed! Emperor Yue. -Don't think he'll be coming back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Why didnt they show Yue really trying to TRAP the beast? Surely, consistent to his previous actions, he should have tot of some way and we should have seen him *at least* try to implement it.

Instead he just gave up; as if he lived only to see the beast and then that was enough for him. I dont want to believe that its as simple as him just being insane ~ he showed enough mental faculties in setting this up and in fighting. Yet why.

Maybe:

He didnt want to control Hakuoro (altho he should have imo). All he wanted was entertainment; he wanted someone worthy to fight, and hence saying that all those other guys were not enough for him. Still not insane, imo. Maybe an uncontrolled obsession, yes?
Bringing him there I believe was the trap. But something it seem didn't go right. That perhaps that what they had discovered was far beyond what they could control. And yet, there's this guy:

He whom appears to be working deep behind the curtain. For what he saw, his look as cold as after, and no different than before. Perhaps neither disappointment for within the winged one, but for almost an instance, if had he gained control over, that perhaps pity upon the Emperor Yue be. Pity for that he may have discovered the greatest of all components. Pity, that perhaps Emperor Yue may have been no longer needed.
Old 2006-07-20, 03:11   Link #34
Lost

I think its obvious he was just using Yue's crazy need for entertainment, just as Yue used Orikakan. Haha. Full circle.
Old 2006-07-20, 05:52   Link #35
Alu
Guide my hand...

Oki, I just saw episode 15, and much like everyone previously said.., it was indeed amazing

Unlike the previous episode, this thankfully went back to the original animation style.., and like many I was kind of afraid that what happened with Fate-Stay was starting to happen with Uta-mono in this department aswell..
But.., lets just hope they keep it steady from now on in

The content of the episode itself however, to me is where this particular one has its strong points.
We would finaly see if Hakuoro's plan & race against time would prove him victorious over Niwe and his army.., and despite Yue having a Tremendously amount of troops.., I belive we all saw his fate comming.., just.., not in the way I expected

The great fight scenes where also amazing in this episode, altough in some I could see that they where used in previous episodes (ex : Hakuoro fightning the first guards at Yue's gate), needless to say that Karura's scenes definitly made an impact

From taking out a Gate with just 1 swing, to pulling that Huge blade to her with just a string to even taking 2 blows in both arms and then acting just as nothing happened.., it clearly demonstrates how POWERFUL Karura realy is
This not to mencione her skills at dodgeing while fightning those 3 soldiers.

And in the end she clearly saved Hakuoro and the rest from those "enchanced" soldiers.., Touka seems like a great swordfigther.., but honestly.., in this episode Karuka surpassed her once again by a REALY long advantage.

Hakuoro's fight scenes vs Yue where pretty nice aswell, and by the end it clearly showed us that something inside Hakuoro drives him to battle, for as he himself said.. he was enjoying fighting Yue altough he did not know why.

Clearly this is what Eruruu most fears I belive.., and why she always wants to acompany him as in to see what is the "choice" he makes.., either he will by the end of time be compleatly consumed by the urge to battle, or if he will have the strenght to stop.

Unfortunaly as Eruruu witnessed in the Throne room.., Hakuoro is more and more starting to fall into the path of war & destruction.., the awakening of his "inner-self" through the entire fight vs Yue, and by the end of this one possibily indicates that he will sooner or later lose control; and Eruruu deep down inside knows that this is slowly happening.

Never the less though in my opinion it was outstanding to finaly see Hakuoro Awaken.., and he compleatly devastated Yue to shreads.., which compleatly shows us how REALY powerfull he is..., so powerfull in fact that I belive not even Karura would stand her ground vs him in that form.
Not to mencione that he looked simply awsome , along with all the gore and such, realy wonderfully made.

Taking on Lost's words now regarding Yue beeing insane, I too have to dissagree on that..
Yue was simply a war driven person, who I belive had a personal desire to find the "ultimate beast" which lies inside men.., that which drives everyone into hatred, anger and strenght beyond measures, what realy lies inside the ever so earning desire of men.., even if it was at the cost of his own life.

On some previous episodes he clearly saw something "diferent" on Hakuoro as a person.., if he did already expected him to be as "strong" I do not belive.., which is where our mysterious winged fellow comes into the picture.

Possibly he gaved Yue's a better in-sight on how realy powerful Hakuoro was.., decision this that lead Yue to take so much drastic measures such as burning down his own country just to act as a catalyst for Hakuoro's true self to be awakened.
In the end though even he was surprised that Hakuoro was beyond his imagination the true "ultimate beast"; and such discovery made him so content that he would have nothing else but to be honored in beeing compleatly cut down and eaten by such a beast.

In the end though.. Yue was just a pawn used to bring Hakuoro's inner-self out.., leads me to belive now.., if our Winged fellow was pulling the strings behind the curtains.., how is it that he had this knolodge regarding him.., and what realy are his intentions...

All and all, this was in fact a great episode.., and more questions now rise towards the up-comming ones.
Too bad though there will not be more "KYA YA YA YA !".., lets face it.., we all came to learn to love that laught
Old 2006-07-20, 10:02   Link #36
babuji
Alston De Ventigo

Actually, I started to like that kind of laugh and I use to freak my firends out.

They say it was horrible.

but not to me.

Kakakakaka.
Old 2006-07-20, 10:04   Link #37
babuji
Alston De Ventigo

Ohh, one more thing, the fighting scene was good, even my bro who doesn't like to watch anime would stand while whatching the episode.

guess it does create an impact after all.

Kya kakkakakaka.
Old 2006-07-21, 10:13   Link #38
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
wow it truly was insane...we got to see Karura kick some ass and also the beast side of hakuoro
i loved the gore and imo decapitation for the win makes me want to laugh kekekekekeke!!!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-07-21, 16:07   Link #39
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

The animation made me happy here.
I was pleased with the way they handled the gore, too. Enough to be thoroughly disturbing, but not shown in such detail that it nearly made you vomit all over the keyboard *cough*Elfen Lied*cough*.
Karura > All. Not much to be added here.
Lots of important issues raised here. Although it's not saying much, it's the best episode in a while.
FPB enjoyed.
Old 2006-07-22, 09:13   Link #40
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

What makes me thrilled about Utawarerumono are the camera shots taken from different perspectives of the audience POV, the character's POV, and the crew's POV. It adds depth to the course of the events unfolding, mixing those intense but silent sequences that greatly emphasize what the main characters are reflecting upon their actions.

Episode 15 is no exception to this wonderfu, cinematographic technique.

Spoiler:
Closed Thread