Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-03, 22:30   Link #2221
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam1638 View Post
Since when? Shana never ran into Suigintou in Korea Best Moe 2007. She finished second and lost to Hinagiku by two votes.
She lost to Suigintou back when top-two characters advance. Suigintou took first, while Shana stole the second spot, and I believe she tied with Setsuna as well, so all three advanced. Not sure on the second part though, but I know it was very close between Shana and Setsuna.
Old 2009-03-04, 00:12   Link #2222
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
She lost to Suigintou back when top-two characters advance. Suigintou took first, while Shana stole the second spot, and I believe she tied with Setsuna as well, so all three advanced. Not sure on the second part though, but I know it was very close between Shana and Setsuna.
Yeah, I remember it now. Shana did tie with Setsuna in the second round for second place, and I barely remember Suigintou winning that ordeal.
Old 2009-03-04, 00:28   Link #2223
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

I think as far as "acting performance" goes, Taiga may be one of Kugimiya's best rolls yet. But Shana stands above her in terms of raw moe power. Shana is leaps and bounds above Taiga on looks alone. The character designs in Toradora! aren't what I consider to be typically cute looking moe type characters, it's their personalities that give them so much appeal.

That's not to say I find them unattractive at all, I like them a lot. Toradora! has a unique quality about it because of the character designs, methinks. And as I said before, it's damn good anime.
Old 2009-03-04, 00:34   Link #2224
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam1638 View Post
Yeah, I remember it now. Shana did tie with Setsuna in the second round for second place, and I barely remember Suigintou winning that ordeal.
Setsuna!!! I really miss her.
Old 2009-03-04, 00:38   Link #2225
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

I wonder how Mahou Sensei Negima characters would have fared if there was an anime series adaptation that is really faithful to the manga.
Old 2009-03-04, 00:42   Link #2226
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

In memory of Yami, who will go undefeated in aquamarine.

Old 2009-03-04, 00:54   Link #2227
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
In memory of Yami, who will go undefeated in aquamarine.

it must be great being a dreamer
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2009-03-04, 05:04   Link #2228
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
In memory of Yami...

*image*
Just too cute!

*saves image*
Old 2009-03-04, 07:54   Link #2229
wontaek

Demi, Cute image, but here is what Yami faces. By the way, Mikan FTW!

1. Match against Legendary Girl A : Never an easy match up, especially if there will be large number of female voters from Korea.

2. Palm top tiger : The hottest girl from the prelim. Not easy

3. Kirisama Marisa : How dominant was the Touhou faction during prelim?

4. Nanoha : Divine Buster anyone? I think there are some die hard Nanoha fans around here.

5. Anicient Loli Vampire : Ok, I know I'm going to be voting for Yami in this one, and I suspect large majority would as well. A easy win

6. Sickly Ice Cream Girl : Although I like Shiori, Yami will melt her away. Another win likely.

7. Machine Gun Kick : Tomoyo has an affinity for number 7, so it is unlikely Tomoyo will lose this match.

8. Dojo, Star Fish : There are some Fuko fanatics out there, but I say yami can win this.

9: Vitamin Hammer : Vita is nice but, I will go with Yami here.

So 4 likely win, 1 likely loss, and 4 hard to call match. Yami may make it to 6 wins and 3 loss during Aquamarine period, at best.

@ anyone interested

I had posted a question about how Shana might do in moe tournaments 2009, and only defense Shana fans mustered was that if season 3 came out, Shana might be a finalists contender. Otherwise they were rather in resignation mode, pointing out that problems from 2nd season and the fiasco in Chinese Saimoe will have very negative impact on her popularity.

Last edited by wontaek; 2009-03-04 at 08:06.
Old 2009-03-04, 08:31   Link #2230
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

Anya bio, possibly the last one I'll post in this thread... I should start putting them on our own forums.
Spoiler for Anya bio:
Old 2009-03-04, 11:49   Link #2231
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

Got it, thanks. ^^ I've also gone back and gave you credit on bios I had missed. Will still use "Cytrus" even though your ISML-forum name is different.

Also, Aquamarine stats page is ready. I'm considering upgrading it later to a form where I would create an HTML table that looks exactly like the PNG so that the image won't be necessary but you can highlight whatever you want and also take a screenshot of it if you desire.

http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/s...aquamarine.php
Old 2009-03-04, 15:15   Link #2232
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I wonder who's facing the most Touhou girls in Aquamarine....

I think Hinagiku and Haruhi have the easier matches this time around. Hinagiku basically only needs to worry about Fate, and probably Horo. For Haruhi, it's basically, "Who's the superior KyoAni character." and C.C..

Haruhi's facing a lot of KyoAni characters, now that I look at it. 5/9 of her matches.
Oh hey, Nagisa's the same way. 5/9 of her matches are KyoAni too.

Haha, Reimu and Patchouli share 7/9 opponents in Aquamarine.
Old 2009-03-04, 15:25   Link #2233
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

A lot of rematches (rivally type) this first period.

And with 19/64 girls (almost 30%) being KyoAni, it's not hard to have multiple matches against said "grouping".
Old 2009-03-04, 15:37   Link #2234
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Demi, Cute image, but here is what Yami faces. By the way, Mikan FTW!

1. Match against Legendary Girl A : Never an easy match up, especially if there will be large number of female voters from Korea.

2. Palm top tiger : The hottest girl from the prelim. Not easy

3. Kirisama Marisa : How dominant was the Touhou faction during prelim?

4. Nanoha : Divine Buster anyone? I think there are some die hard Nanoha fans around here.

5. Anicient Loli Vampire : Ok, I know I'm going to be voting for Yami in this one, and I suspect large majority would as well. A easy win

6. Sickly Ice Cream Girl : Although I like Shiori, Yami will melt her away. Another win likely.

7. Machine Gun Kick : Tomoyo has an affinity for number 7, so it is unlikely Tomoyo will lose this match.

8. Dojo, Star Fish : There are some Fuko fanatics out there, but I say yami can win this.

9: Vitamin Hammer : Vita is nice but, I will go with Yami here.

So 4 likely win, 1 likely loss, and 4 hard to call match. Yami may make it to 6 wins and 3 loss during Aquamarine period, at best.

@ anyone interested

I had posted a question about how Shana might do in moe tournaments 2009, and only defense Shana fans mustered was that if season 3 came out, Shana might be a finalists contender. Otherwise they were rather in resignation mode, pointing out that problems from 2nd season and the fiasco in Chinese Saimoe will have very negative impact on her popularity.

Bah, so many tough matches, and I can't even guarantee my support vs. Divine Buster...

As for the Shana question. I don't really know, tbh, but considering It's Shana, she should atleast do well in ISML. 70% of voters have the hots for her. Although I am seeing a ton of votes for Hanyuu over Shana, I just think that's the active minority... I never considered Shana top tier in Saimoe, just very lucky...And Korean Bestmoe, her popularity seems to hit terminal levels during season releases, but fades rather quick shortly after.
Old 2009-03-04, 16:50   Link #2235
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

I must know what happened on chinese saimoe...anyone?
Old 2009-03-04, 16:52   Link #2236
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
I must know what happened on chinese saimoe...anyone?
There were some disputes about the results, accusations of tempering with the results by the administrators, and evidences of ballot stuffing by some groups. Shana was declared co-winner of the Chinese Saimoe as result.
Old 2009-03-04, 17:33   Link #2237
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Co-winner with whom?
Old 2009-03-04, 18:48   Link #2238
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
There were some disputes about the results, accusations of tempering with the results by the administrators, and evidences of ballot stuffing by some groups. Shana was declared co-winner of the Chinese Saimoe as result.
did she originally lose or win before this happened? I know it was C.C but what was the actual result? (the actual numbers would help too :P)
Old 2009-03-04, 20:04   Link #2239
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
did she originally lose or win before this happened? I know it was C.C but what was the actual result? (the actual numbers would help too :P)
And Game gets inquisitive towards all matters regarding Shana.

Although I'm a tad interested also.
Old 2009-03-04, 23:52   Link #2240
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Before the fake votes were discarded there were more points for Shana, however, after the fake votes were cleared, the difference between Shana and C.C. were apparently only 2 points away from each other with each having several million points. Since there are probably no way of finding out if there are any more undetected fake votes out there the staff just decided to call it a tie, so that no angry fans will rage over the fact that their favourite character have lost when there are still many doubts. So far the staffs have all kept their mouth shut about who really had the 2 extra point.

Also, apparently C.C.had a few more voters after the fake votes were removed but in Chinese Saimoe, the number of voters doesn't really count.
Closed Thread

Tags
international, saimoe