Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-04-17, 17:24   Link #12621
JayCee
Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by vektar View Post
its nice to see people on this site who actually can help out a bit, you seem to have a lot of really good advice there. How long have you been building gunpla for? And you should post some pics of what you got done thus far, id like to see your collection.
Well the more the merrier eh? Anyhow I first started gunplayat a very young age, I think about 7-8 but grew out of it by early teens. But back then they were all rubbish and I never took the care and effort into doing it properly. Only cared that it was a mech and it looked cool.

I only picked it back up again last year and started to take it more seriously from there on picking up new skills on the way.

I posted 2-3 sample pics of my more plain simple clean build on page 596. Don't think the mods would quite like me to keep on spamming the same pics. But I might repost some new pics when I fixed up the thrusters for the MG unicorn
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 17:55   Link #12622
vektar

Send a message via AIM to vektar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCee View Post
Well the more the merrier eh? Anyhow I first started gunplayat a very young age, I think about 7-8 but grew out of it by early teens. But back then they were all rubbish and I never took the care and effort into doing it properly. Only cared that it was a mech and it looked cool.

I only picked it back up again last year and started to take it more seriously from there on picking up new skills on the way.

I posted 2-3 sample pics of my more plain simple clean build on page 596. Don't think the mods would quite like me to keep on spamming the same pics. But I might repost some new pics when I fixed up the thrusters for the MG unicorn
I remember those, they look really good. I kinda did the same thing with gunpla started in the mid 90's then stopped in the early 2000's i just started a again a few months ago but am having a hard time getting into it. But i had to learn a lot of the things i know now from doing it myself, no internet help back then. So yeah its great to have people who are more then willing to give tips and help out those people new to the world of gunpla.
Old 2009-04-17, 22:50   Link #12623
ryanvamp

indeed, there are very nice ppl here, that's why I keep looking at this thread even if it isn't at its peak (when 00 was still airing).

So the HGUC Messala is a fake then?

Btw, what does it mean when you say "primer"? Please take into consideration that I'm not from the USA so I'm not familiar with all the words

Last but not least, which spray top coat do you guys recommend that doesn't eat decals and is available at HLJ ?

What about metallic spray paints?
ryanvamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 23:05   Link #12624
Sworra

Yeah have to agree. Internet helps out big time for info. Remembering back thinking i new everything about putting one together now i look at the ones i did and they turned out ok but i could of done better. Now i got back into it since i have seen the Master grades and I'm hooked. So now I'm doing them the right way with putty, primer, sanding airbrushing. All in all this is probably the most i have spend on a hobby that i like doing. All because of the internet. With the information with people on this forum being nice enough to share their idea's i can't ask for anything more. It opened way more idea's that i can use and maybe share with others when i know a few tips and tricks. Thanks a bunch.
Sworra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 23:17   Link #12625
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Special Release of Gundam Unicorn Vol.8 comes pack with a Bazooka for your MG Sinanju. No word regarding the same package will be made avaliable for the Chinese translation.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 23:19   Link #12626
yeahitschris

well, bought my first ever gundam model today at hobbytown USA. i live in nebraska, so there isn't any like anime store or any sort, went there they only had 00 in 1/144 model. i wanted exia in 1/100 but this will do here is a picture that i took.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-04-18, 00:15   Link #12627
Amber.Dawn

00, good choice.
Amber.Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 00:18   Link #12628
vektar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

Special Release of Gundam Unicorn Vol.8 comes pack with a Bazooka for your MG Sinanju. No word regarding the same package will be made avaliable for the Chinese translation.
is there a release date for this? Theres a japanese book store 15 mins away from where i live and i might just go check it out.
Old 2009-04-18, 00:52   Link #12629
Amber.Dawn

I heard it was preorder only? (the bazooka)
Amber.Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 02:00   Link #12630
gundam rider

sigh..., i wish they would make a model kit of Exia's prototype design the "GN-001 Pawn Gundam",

seriously, that thing looks freaking badass!!, the designs!, the designs!, the GN cables are nearly everywhere on its body!, the awsome GN cables running through-out its body!!.....

Pawn Gundam & its GN cables!!! arghhh!!!......

man, i wish Bandai aproves Pawn Gundam.......
gundam rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 02:36   Link #12631
vektar

I finished my MG Gelgoog 2.0 today, i put on a few decals and painted most of the kit except the pink (light red, as Char would call it) I had a hard time finding the right tone of red for the pink area so i just left it un painted and i added a little grey to some areas i thought looked a bit plain like the chest and the exhaust vents around the mid section. I also cut out the fingers so each one will move what ever way its likes. Im pretty happy with the quality of this kit, it was my first Gelgoog MG and i think the 2.0 is just awesome, but i was a lot happier with the Zaku 2.0 I think i did a far better job on it. Time for pics Sorry for the bad quality of the pics i only have my iphone camera so it dont work to well indoors.

Spoiler for MG Gelgoog 2.0 Char Custom Color:
Old 2009-04-18, 03:24   Link #12632
Bashfulz
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundam rider View Post
sigh..., i wish they would make a model kit of Exia's prototype design the "GN-001 Pawn Gundam",

seriously, that thing looks freaking badass!!, the designs!, the designs!, the GN cables are nearly everywhere on its body!, the awsome GN cables running through-out its body!!.....

Pawn Gundam & its GN cables!!! arghhh!!!......

man, i wish Bandai aproves Pawn Gundam.......

???which one is pawn gundam? isnt the exia prototypes jus the 0 gundam and the astraea?
Bashfulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 03:57   Link #12633
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashfulz View Post
???which one is pawn gundam? isnt the exia prototypes jus the 0 gundam and the astraea?
He meant the concept art for the Exia. When the anime was still in the planning stages, the Gundams were named after Chess pieces--and Exia was known as the Pawn Gundam. The concept art for the Exia gave it a much more rounded out design, more curves and less angles. This concept art is what he wants released.
Old 2009-04-18, 06:19   Link #12634
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Said image of the prototype concept Exia:

That'd be hell to realize as a model with all those cords. Not impossible, but very difficult

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 06:54   Link #12635
JayCee
Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanvamp View Post
indeed, there are very nice ppl here, that's why I keep looking at this thread even if it isn't at its peak (when 00 was still airing).

So the HGUC Messala is a fake then?

Btw, what does it mean when you say "primer"? Please take into consideration that I'm not from the USA so I'm not familiar with all the words

Last but not least, which spray top coat do you guys recommend that doesn't eat decals and is available at HLJ ?

What about metallic spray paints?

I'm not from USA either . Anyhow "primer" ensures paint adheres better to the surface you're applying to. It also increases paint durability. Also it's used as a way to check for any modelling errors such as gaps left out from filling or uneven surface areas.

But if you're not confident yet with re-painting you're models you can skip the primer bit and just finish it with topcoat.

As for which topcoat. Gunze Mr Topcoat from HLJ most user friendly for paint and decals (blue can with yellow writing).

What do you mean what about metallic spray paints? What kind of question are you asking? Not very clear on it. If you're after recommended, it all boils down to personal prefernce as there's so many brands, but I personally stick to Tamiya products.

Hope that helps.

Quote:
I finished my MG Gelgoog 2.0 today, i put on a few decals and painted most of the kit except the pink (light red, as Char would call it) I had a hard time finding the right tone of red for the pink area so i just left it un painted and i added a little grey to some areas i thought looked a bit plain like the chest and the exhaust vents around the mid section. I also cut out the fingers so each one will move what ever way its likes. Im pretty happy with the quality of this kit, it was my first Gelgoog MG and i think the 2.0 is just awesome, but i was a lot happier with the Zaku 2.0 I think i did a far better job on it. Time for pics Sorry for the bad quality of the pics i only have my iphone camera so it dont work to well indoors.

Gelgoog looking good there. Although quality if pic really doesn't do it justice at all although it can't be helped with iphone. Don't you have any sort of digital camera you can use?.

Last edited by JayCee; 2009-04-18 at 11:13.
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 11:15   Link #12636
ryanvamp

I see, thanks for all the tips once again, Jaycee. Where are you from, by the way?

The pawn exia looks good, it really isn't that different from the finished product, if 00 was succesful enough, it isn't impossible to think about an eventual MG special ver with all the cables (after all, the light-violet stickers on the legs of the 1/144 EXIA seems like GN cables for me).

I really liked that Gelgoog 2.0. Good job, vektar.
ryanvamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 11:18   Link #12637
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCee View Post

I picked up 1/144 kits mostly when I was around your age too. I eventually dumped them all back into their boxes when they got too dirty. (the white plastics on some had actually turn yellowish.)

Fast forward to the start of 00 second season. Hung around this thread a tab too much and saw for myself how much model kits had improved so I got myself a GNX-III and it just snowballed from then out.

Currently working on Sinaju..13th model since my revival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber.Dawn View Post
I heard it was preorder only? (the bazooka)
Just to be safe I did order one through the local Kinokuniya shop. I'll probably post around once I get my copy of the special volume and see if it can be bought straight off the shelves.

Quote:

I always like how you managed to put your own touch onto the model without being tacky or weird.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 11:22   Link #12638
Nerroth
NePoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Said image of the prototype concept Exia:

That'd be hell to realize as a model with all those cords. Not impossible, but very difficult
To be honest, that's quite the opposite of what I'd like to see in an Exia model.

(One of the reasons I want the R2 is because it has no external cables.)
Old 2009-04-18, 12:01   Link #12639
MeesesGlokmah

I personally like the external cables, so I'd like that model kit to be made.
Old 2009-04-18, 12:50   Link #12640
vektar

Honestly i dont like them my self, before i decided to wait for the MG exia i was planing on not putting on the cables if i had bought the kit.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy