AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-10-26, 12:03   Link #1261
Okamidum
This is how CB rolls

Send a message via AIM to Okamidum
Raphaels backpack is quite interesting. Reminds me of a chest and arms....but it could just be for looks. It's pretty menacing.
Okamidum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 12:04   Link #1262
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Someone translated a blurb near Dynames picture here and it says that the Dynames is a "Condenser type" of some sort. Also on the paper at right side, near the copyright Sunrise, it says "FLAG Setsuna shiyou no busou" means "The Armor of the FLAG customized for Setsuna".

Now, what type of situation would make Setsuna pilot a Flag, a customized one to boot?
And does this mean we have Dynames Repair? For Lockon?
I don't even know where to begin on that.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 12:04   Link #1263
MeesesGlokmah

Anybody have any speculation on the redesigned Dynames looking suit in the sketches? It looks like it has a giant handle on it's back, which makes me think of the crazy idea of the Gundams combining, with this new Dynames turning into a gun, haha.
Old 2009-10-26, 12:07   Link #1264
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Its more likely to be a particle storage tank, like the one the 0 Gundam ACD Type used. Only bigger.
Old 2009-10-26, 12:07   Link #1265
furato
Chronic Googler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeesesGlokmah View Post
Anybody have any speculation on the redesigned Dynames looking suit in the sketches? It looks like it has a giant handle on it's back, which makes me think of the crazy idea of the Gundams combining, with this new Dynames turning into a gun, haha.
Actually there's the idea that since Tieria's backpack has huge hands it's gonna hold the Dynames gun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon
Its more likely to be a particle storage tank, like the one the 0 Gundam ACD Type used. Only bigger.
Considering the "condenser type" designation, it is likely.
Looks funny though. 0-Gundam's condenser was like a box if I recall correctly.
furato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 12:10   Link #1266
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Why in the world would Setsuna need a freaking Flag?
Old 2009-10-26, 12:11   Link #1267
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah. We can easily chalk it up as the technology being upgraded between season 2 and the movie. This one could be larger because it holds a larger condenser and thus has a lot more particles to spare. Makes sense, considering how long the 0 Gundam lasted without a GN-Drive...

EDIT: @Nosferatu: Its likely another shout-out, this time to Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz's scene of Heero using a space-type Leo in battle. The movie may get a similar scene.
Old 2009-10-26, 12:12   Link #1268
furato
Chronic Googler

Or they enlarge it based on Lasse's input about ACD 0-Gundam's beam being too weak.
furato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 12:16   Link #1269
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

That had more to do with the beam rifle and less with the particle tank. The output for a beam weapon is pre-set, apparently--stronger beams result in a slower firing rate; the GN-Long Blade II has a stronger blast than the GN-Sword II, but it fired more slowly than it.
Old 2009-10-26, 12:16   Link #1270
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by furato View Post
http://i37.tinypic.com/mjzoh.jpg
Okay, speculation time.

Someone translated a blurb near Dynames picture here and it says that the Dynames is a "Condenser type" of some sort. Also on the paper at right side, near the copyright Sunrise, it says "FLAG Setsuna shiyou no busou" means "The Armor of the FLAG customized for Setsuna".

Now, what type of situation would make Setsuna pilot a Flag, a customized one to boot?
And does this mean we have Dynames Repair? For Lockon?
my crazy theory: Setsuna's Gundam (Exia/Quan[T]?) Cosplaying as a Flag unit ~ala~ mask wearing 2nd gen Gundams during undercover spy missions?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 12:26   Link #1271
kakakka

I thought it was the rumoured Mass produced GN-Flag.

If it's Setsuna's then no problem....
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 12:38   Link #1272
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
I thought it was the rumoured Mass produced GN-Flag.

If it's Setsuna's then no problem....
That image probably is the mass-production Masurao model. What everyone's talking about is down at the bottom of the image, with the Dynames lineart. The paper over it has the labeling about Setsuna's Flag.
Old 2009-10-26, 12:40   Link #1273
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yeah. We can easily chalk it up as the technology being upgraded between season 2 and the movie. This one could be larger because it holds a larger condenser and thus has a lot more particles to spare. Makes sense, considering how long the 0 Gundam lasted without a GN-Drive...

EDIT: @Nosferatu: Its likely another shout-out, this time to Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz's scene of Heero using a space-type Leo in battle. The movie may get a similar scene.
But that doesn't make sense....Setsuna left with the Ptolemiaos crew in space, so he wouldn't really need a Flag, right?
Old 2009-10-26, 12:41   Link #1274
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
That image probably is the mass-production Masurao model. What everyone's talking about is down at the bottom of the image, with the Dynames lineart. The paper over it has the labeling about Setsuna's Flag.
Sorry, just scanned the page, didn't read >_>

Not interesting then.....
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 13:01   Link #1275
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
But that doesn't make sense....Setsuna left with the Ptolemiaos crew in space, so he wouldn't really need a Flag, right?
Heero and Duo's scene with Leos in GWEW was an infiltration scene. There may be events that place Setsuna in a position where he doesn't have access to a Gundam and has to make due with what's available to him. It happens.
Old 2009-10-26, 13:29   Link #1276
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Or probably these are some early concepts that didn't make into the show
Old 2009-10-26, 13:59   Link #1277
calubin_175

I highly doubt that it is referring to GN type Flag, given that the blade linear rifle resembles that of the standard Flag.
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 14:17   Link #1278
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by calubin_175 View Post
I highly doubt that it is referring to GN type Flag, given that the blade linear rifle resembles that of the standard Flag.
Well it has a GN Drive on the back. >_>

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2009-10-26 at 16:48.
Old 2009-10-26, 14:20   Link #1279
rocawarde
Gundam Mechanic

Im a little confuse here:

The picture of the flag wit a GN-Drive is most likely that Eksibo (butcher the name).

But, the dynames handle on the back is quite weird, i also agree that it could be a condenser for the MS until Zabanya is fully completed.

Keep in mind guys that most of the gundam movies didnt hand out the main gundams until a good half hour into the movie. And watching the past two series we know: 1. that the promo pics of the gundams might get mid-upgrades or some fancy accessories. 2. Other than Tieria, the other meisters will gradually return to the team one by one to save the world.

ok, Gattai Gundam is kinda scary
Old 2009-10-26, 14:43   Link #1280
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Since we didn't get a Gundam gattai in season 2 like a lot of people wanted and feared, I doubt we'll get one here.

A linear rifle for a GN-Drive mobile suit isn't too bad. Imagine, a linear rifle that fires rounds filled with GN-Particles. You'd have a rifle-type weapon with the destructive power of a GN-Missile.

What I'm trying to figure out is why its a refitted Dynames. It'd make more sense to have a refitted Cherudim using its GN-Drive. Its more advanced, better equipped, and wouldn't need a condenser tank. You'd just need to swap out the GN-Drive once the Zabanya's complete.

Honestly, though, I expect the Zabayna and Harute to appear early on. I don't think we'll see the 00 Qan[T] or the Raphael until later into the movie, and Setsuna will use the Exia R2 and this custom Flag of his until then.

Tags
gundam 00 movie