Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-10-30, 23:02   Link #15281
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHyamato View Post
I strongly doubt Bandai used such gimmicks on the PG 00 Raiser... If they did, it should have shown.
I don't mean that they had implemented it in place, but certainly they have the resource and ideas to do so.

So instead of rushing the PG OO out to ride upon the popularity tide to coerce fanboys of their money, they should have bid their time to improve their technology for a better product.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 00:09   Link #15282
darkstrife
When Retribution comes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
I don't mean that they had implemented it in place, but certainly they have the resource and ideas to do so.

So instead of rushing the PG OO out to ride upon the popularity tide to coerce fanboys of their money, they should have bid their time to improve their technology for a better product.
i agree with u there Makube, for 25000 yen, they should of put more effort into it, after all it is a 'Perfect' grade... unfortunately its not so perfect after all. i was really looking forward to get this kit as well, some ppl i guess wouldnt mind that the wings cant rotate, but when you pay that much money, you want to get the best
Old 2009-10-31, 00:46   Link #15283
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstrife View Post
i agree with u there Makube, for 25000 yen, they should of put more effort into it, after all it is a 'Perfect' grade... unfortunately its not so perfect after all. i was really looking forward to get this kit as well, some ppl i guess wouldnt mind that the wings cant rotate, but when you pay that much money, you want to get the best
Nothing like Milking the money.. Sorta reminds me of EA games.
Sworra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 02:27   Link #15284
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/riu8986
red kshatriya full frontal custom!
Old 2009-10-31, 06:43   Link #15285
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Has anyone considered the possibility that the the 00 Raiser's wing binders don't rotate because its structurally unfeasible? I get the feeling that due to their weight, if you rotate them up, they'll just swing back down...
With the base design of 00 Raiser,yeah.

Wish there would be a stand for the wings though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I don't see the big deal about it either, the post was only used like, 4 times anyway.

But you're probably right, the weight of the binders will probably weaken the joints.
The problem is,the binders are wings and having the binders not having the ability to rotate at all makes alot of motion poses of 00 Raiser impossible already.

Not to mention that the GN Submachineguns are on the Wings,so thats a weapon set unusable already.

And personally for me,I love the 00 Raiser's wings in their inverted forms,

And 00 Raiser inverted its wings alot of times,its not just pointing forward for the usage of GN Submachineguns or GN Sword II Raiser Sword.00 pointed its binders backwards for acceleration as well.Its an important essence for 00 Raiser.

I'm glad that the HG 00 Raiser is so good,because at this rate,it may seem like the only good model kit version to come out.
In terms of 00 Raiser as an MS,this is a serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
It's not a matter of feasibility, it's a matter of principle. For 25000 yen, we expect some standards to be met.
I agree with you completely.I decided not to buy this kit initially because I could not afford it,but I was hoping I could see some cool pics of one of my favourite MS in PG,and maybe one day.....just one day I could own it in this form.

But the binder news was really......I dont know how to put it into words to be honest.That Bandai would release it with such a big defect.Oh well,I guess dreams will remain dreams.
Old 2009-10-31, 09:52   Link #15286
Kelrys
Same old same

Send a message via AIM to Kelrys Send a message via MSN to Kelrys
I heard from a friend that Exia is getting a SD released as chinese legendary character Sun WuKong. Any one has source to this?
Kelrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 16:59   Link #15287
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelrys View Post
I heard from a friend that Exia is getting a SD released as chinese legendary character Sun WuKong. Any one has source to this?

Seems that Bandai has intention to screw around with the other three great classics as well.
Old 2009-10-31, 21:03   Link #15288
Dynamite

That looks nothing like Sun Wukong...so...not really interested. Then again, its an SD. So 12 dollar retail. I get all my kits at wholesale price so about 4, 5 dollars. Not too much. I'll still pick it up.

But if there was a Sun Wukong model, resin kit, figure, etc etc that isn't in the form of Goku, I'd buy it right away.
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 21:13   Link #15289
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
That looks nothing like Sun Wukong...so...not really interested.
Then again, how many of the SD RoTK resemble their historical counterpart except in name ? Bandai just need to release a kit, give it something in reference to both the mech and the character, slap a name on it and watch the dough roll in.
Old 2009-11-01, 05:29   Link #15290
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
well for SD RoTk kits, their weapons & armour layout do resemble some of the historical counterparts ( if you technically compare to Dynasty Warrrior character layout =p )
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 06:40   Link #15291
darkstrife
When Retribution comes...

with everyone posting up their impressive collection of gundam kits, why not show off some of ur pics? i'm interested in seeing some other ppl's MG collections, so come on guys, dont be shy and share your collection of gunpla!!!

side note: once i finish my MG unicorn and MG blue astray (which i will buy soon), i'll post some pics up once they are both finished
Old 2009-11-01, 08:45   Link #15292
Knight_SV

finally comes out from HG collecting Hiatus..... i went to local shop earlier and bought HG RX-78 ver G30th and Susanowo.... both are my new HG after nearly 5 years
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 09:47   Link #15293
MeesesGlokmah

Alright guys. I just went to my local Hobby Store and saw that they had an MG Unicorn Ver. Ka. Kit, and an MG Infinite Justice kit, both for the same price. This will be my first time to get an MG kit, though I have a ton of HG kits. My question is, which one should I get? They also have an MG Zeta Gundam (some special 20th anniversary Metallic Coating edition) for a little bit less money, but I am more drawn to the designs of the Unicorn and Infinite Justice.
Old 2009-11-01, 10:50   Link #15294
vektar

Send a message via AIM to vektar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeesesGlokmah View Post
Alright guys. I just went to my local Hobby Store and saw that they had an MG Unicorn Ver. Ka. Kit, and an MG Infinite Justice kit, both for the same price. This will be my first time to get an MG kit, though I have a ton of HG kits. My question is, which one should I get? They also have an MG Zeta Gundam (some special 20th anniversary Metallic Coating edition) for a little bit less money, but I am more drawn to the designs of the Unicorn and Infinite Justice.
Get Infinite Justice, Unicorn is a more advanced level kit and shouldn't be your first MG. I know a few people to started off by getting Unicorn and just messed it up in some way or an other. So yeah id go with Infinite Justice.
Old 2009-11-01, 11:14   Link #15295
Dynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeesesGlokmah View Post
If price is a deciding factor, then get the Unicorn.

Assuming you live in the states, I'd guess they are both around 60-65 dollars. 70 is also logical, but only if you didn't say the Infinite Justice was the same price, or if you live somewhere remote and the store owner knew that he could semi-monopolize the market.

Long story short, the Unicorn came out at about 75 dollars, 80 tops. The Infinite Justice was always 65. Reason the Unicorn's price dropped so heavily (to 60-65) is because of the fact that Bandai produced it at the same rate they would produce any other "main suit" model (e.x. Exia, Wing Zero, Strike Freedom).

But since barely anybody knew what exactly it was the main suit of, it got no news and Bandai practically screwed over tons of distributors and retailers. Stupid retailers only though. Any retailer with half a brain wouldn't have stocked heavily on this kit.

All in all, if you're looking for a deal, grab the Unicorn. Because regardless of whether its is 60 or 80, you're still getting the short end of the stick picking up the Justice. The Unicorn is just a better kit. Articulation is about that of a HG, but it makes up for it simply from playability and the fact that is a fantastic display piece.

The Infinity Justice is a nice piece as well, but I wouldn't pick it up over the Unicorn.

FYI, assuming Bandai is smart enough and take certain actions, you would be seeing a fair increase in the price of the Unicorn MG next year. This is an educated guess though, so if you want to trust the judgment of someone over the internet you don't know, then take my word on it. I won't be trying to screw you over.

In terms of first kit or not, I don't see how this kit would be all that much harder. I built it. The interior frame was simple, and the red/pink pieces were easy to snap on. If you have done a kit with gimmicks or anything of the sort, take your time and not expect results in an hour or two, then you're fine, especially with prior experience.

Edit: Wow I type a lot...
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 12:36   Link #15296
Okamidum
This is how CB rolls

Send a message via AIM to Okamidum
From Ngee Khiongs blog
Very interesting release...

Okamidum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 13:02   Link #15297
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Sorry to say that but to me it is hideaous. A waste of good plastic...
Old 2009-11-01, 13:25   Link #15298
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Actually that looks pretty cool and unique. At least it's a new mold
Old 2009-11-01, 14:27   Link #15299
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Question:What's the average time does it take to complete a HG kit without any painting, linings or sanding?[The building process strictly]

I know that it differs greatly with different people with different kits,and some people paint or line before they build and all that,but I want to know a rough average estimation for the building process alone,if that is anybody here has one.Any input is appreciated.
Old 2009-11-01, 14:33   Link #15300
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Question:What's the average time does it take to complete a HG kit without any painting, linings or sanding?[The building process strictly]
Sometimes it depends on how i feel. I mean usually i'd take my time, and build it over the course of a few days, though there have been times where i started the kit, and didn't stop until i finish. When doing it that way, i guess it was around an hour and a half.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy