Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-18, 04:41   Link #21
Apekatt
Monkeycat

Wow! Bleach filler for the win!
I don't think I've enjoyed an episode of Bleach this much since... the show started. If the filler keeps this quality I don't want it to stop!
And poor Renji, being mocked for being a freeloader.
Old 2006-01-18, 04:49   Link #22
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Loved this episode, and the ending theme is too badass
Old 2006-01-18, 04:50   Link #23
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I *demand* more Orihime in night gown scene
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-01-18, 05:47   Link #24
Miacis

That was a pretty good episode for a filler. It didn't have any real high points though. But it's successful as far as foreshadowing goes. I'm interested in how the bonds between Ichigo & Co. will be stregnthened or weakened and how they play that throughout the next arc from the manga. (Or if the next manga arc in the anime even recognizes this side arc at all.) It seems like some of the bonds would be rather passionate as far as Ichigo & Orihime, Ichigo & Ishida, and to a lesser extent Ichigo & Chad.

Other than that though, seems to be the typical evil villain operating outside of the main villain side story thing. Then again, I didn't expect them to make Orihime the main character of this side arc, so who knows what could happen?

Spoiler:

And the new ending is awesome. Straying from the edgier sound and look that Bleach usually provides, but equally stylish. Extra points for woodwind instruments and moonwalking/breakdancing turtle figure thing.

Also, for some reason the shots of Ichigo in the new ED reminds me of Saiyuki for some reason. I like the pissed off 'Who ate my cookies?' look Ichigo has though.

Now that I think of it the new ED really magnified my enjoyment of this episode. Since it was a very mysterious feeling episode that didn't have much concrete findings aside from Orihime being the main character of the side story, it segued perfectly into the mellow mysterious sounding ED music. (There were a few new songs in this episode as well. Or at least that I noticed.)
Old 2006-01-18, 06:20   Link #25
chidzuyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachikun
Bah sorry forgot to add.

monir: That part is when Renji eats dinner with Urahara and his companions. It was first experience tasting real food. Having a sensation like that, so basically they were teasing him. Going "Oh scared of having your first taste bud" "Oh it was good, no? You would like some more"

Holy crap, Im turning into a translator...
The translation is wrong. They were teasing him about being a freeloader. Kheke.
Old 2006-01-18, 06:28   Link #26
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apekatt
Wow! Bleach filler for the win!
I don't think I've enjoyed an episode of Bleach this much since... the show started. If the filler keeps this quality I don't want it to stop!
And poor Renji, being mocked for being a freeloader.
I have to agree. That was one of the funnest and funniest episodes of Bleach yet. If this is filler hell, then please damn me.

I loved it when Orihime explained her vacation to Tatsuki and just got patted on the head for it. After all, it really did sound like Orihime being the usual Orihime. And Renji getting bullied by Urahara-tachi was also hysterical. He wanted another bowl, he wanted it bad, but he just couldn't do it.

Now we just have to hope that the story, villians and fights are as good as the comedy. Unless it can pull off the full package I won't consider this filler a complete win.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-01-18, 07:16   Link #27
[DR]Supernova[NL]

Send a message via MSN to [DR]Supernova[NL]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto

And lastly (wow so many and) ... Isnt Kon replaced Ichigo when hes gone? so why is everybody like "hey ichigo!! welcome back" ??? Its not like he's telling everyone that "I'm going to heaven (SS)... that is my plushie taking over my body for the time being "

And .. OK I'll stop here ^_^

Thats cuz it was holiday

Loved this episode
Old 2006-01-18, 08:02   Link #28
EoT
~~

Ok what a great episode, It had everything I would like to see from a Bleach episode

Also something tells me this episode is not a filler and perhaps a start to the new arc ?
Old 2006-01-18, 08:12   Link #29
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

I found this episode to be rather funny.

As many already mentioned Renji getting called Freeloader-dono and so badly wanting, but not asking, seconds was hilarious. (Not to forget Renji going "out of his way" to greet Ichigo at school either )

I always enjoy Ichigo vs father and Kon too.

If the fillers will keep this level I won´t have any problems at all.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Old 2006-01-18, 09:31   Link #30
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolos
I havent seen it but, as long as the ending theme is better than the 'Happy People' one, im happy.
Hey, that one was my favorite.

And Tatsuki=Win, as usual.
Old 2006-01-18, 10:13   Link #31
Friendless

Send a message via MSN to Friendless
Quote:
Isnt Kon replaced Ichigo when hes gone? so why is everybody like "hey ichigo!! welcome back" ??? Its not like he's telling everyone that "I'm going to heaven
Nope. Urahahahaha stabs him with his cane RIGHT before he leaves, without replacing him with the pill, also ichigo talks to his dad before he leaves saying he'll be gone. His dad than gave him a good luck charm from his mom if im right... they should of done more with that... like showed him look at it when he was about to die or atleast show him returning it like he said he would... but than it would of been left on his body he left unless he went back and picked it up as a death god...
Old 2006-01-18, 10:38   Link #32
beansprouts
五月天

Episode 64 was certainly fun to watch, I was expecting some crap filler since almost everybody has been harping on how terrible fillers are going to be, definitely pleasantly surprise by how fun this episode was. The freeloader stuff about Renji and Kon were simply hilarious. I miss Kon so much, the SS arc was good to watch, but definitely lacking in Kon comedy. I hope the future episodes are equally if not more fun to watch, of course, must not forget the new villains, I hope they are badass enough.

P.S. I am hoping that more folks from SS will join Renji, I would love to see Hitsugaya and Soi Fong freeloading at Urahara's as well.
Old 2006-01-18, 10:46   Link #33
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Spoiler:

and wtf is up with the new ending? a dancing chicken and turtle? wtf?
Old 2006-01-18, 10:58   Link #34
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Well, the episode was good right up to the point where the irritating blond started that really annoying laugh. I hated Suiginto (gah, spelling?) in Rozen because of the laugh, and ended up skipping parts thanks to it. Hopefully this blond isn't going to be like that all the way through because that'll seriously ruin it for me.

Side note: I can handle any form of badguy except for the ones that have that condescending laugh (Creed in BC, Gin in Rozen etc).
Old 2006-01-18, 11:02   Link #35
beansprouts
五月天

Forgot to mention, I love the new ending, including that strange animation that comes along with it, the song totally rocks.

Heh, I like villains with condescending laugh, Creed's so perverted in Black Cat, his sickening laughter just adds to his perversity.
Old 2006-01-18, 11:03   Link #36
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Its not much of a spoiler since he is shown in full in the ending sequince..

But dosn't the Badguy in the tophat look like Space Butler from Excel Saga? Complete with Yellow and Green hair?
Old 2006-01-18, 11:45   Link #37
Apekatt
Monkeycat

^Omg, you are correct. He does look a lot like Space Butler. o_0
And is it just me or does Ichigo strongly resemble Onizuka from GTO in the new ending? (I'm not complaining, Onizuka is my hero )
Old 2006-01-18, 11:53   Link #38
finalheaven

Just finished watching and...

Wow! I'm considerably less worried about the future of Bleach now! That was an ace episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miacis
Also, for some reason the shots of Ichigo in the new ED reminds me of Saiyuki for some reason. I like the pissed off 'Who ate my cookies?' look Ichigo has though.
Glad I'm not the only one... As soon as I saw the clip I thought "Saiyuki!" He does resemble Sanzo-sama a teeny bit in those images and the more-badass-than-thou stance doesn't help (Ichigo is too cool!)

And the ending... My initial reaction was "WTF???!!!" But I love the song and it's actually my secong favourite ED so far. Just wasn't what I expected when I heard there was a new ending...

The dancing dolls represent the new villians right? Chick = girl, Turtle = Top hat guy Bunny = Red haired guy?
Old 2006-01-18, 12:10   Link #39
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
eh.....it was OK.....

the animation wasn't really up to par, probably cause it's a filler. And it was a bit unbelieveable that
Spoiler:

buuuut, its bleach, so hopefully it will get better and we will eventually return to the manga (even though i heard the manga is crap right now). I like the new ED, just not the animation sequence that goes along with it
Old 2006-01-18, 12:20   Link #40
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apekatt
^Omg, you are correct. He does look a lot like Space Butler. o_0
And is it just me or does Ichigo strongly resemble Onizuka from GTO in the new ending? (I'm not complaining, Onizuka is my hero )

Glad I'm not going crazy XD

Seriously, I mean, I think it has to be intentional...cause afterall, with all the colors of hair and facial types, why pick the 2 colors and facial type that exactly resemble space butler?
Closed Thread