AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2006-08-12, 12:59   Link #421
Super Ska Master

Death Note > Every other manga in existance.
Super Ska Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 09:53   Link #422
魔法師
Archmage

Send a message via MSN to 魔法師
the main character is too clever....
don't you think?

but at the end...he being capture by the successor of L...
魔法師 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 14:02   Link #423
shonosuke

Should I continue on reading death note?

Currently on chapter 59 and Its really boring now since L died
shonosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 14:12   Link #424
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

@shonosuke: Any reason you couldn't have posted this *in* the Death Note thread rather than starting a new thread?
edit: (this no longer is relevant since the mods merged the thread ... :P )

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-08-15 at 21:46.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 01:00   Link #425
Icer

Spoiler:

Last edited by Icer; 2006-08-25 at 15:51.
Icer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 21:46   Link #426
Super Ska Master

You guys are morons. Put a spoiler warning, before unveiling major plot points. Some of us read the VIZ translations..-_-;;

We just got to the Near arc and don't want the ending spoiled. Assholes..
Super Ska Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 01:16   Link #427
luchamasta

Author of Death Note Arrested

I'm not quite sure if this is the approriate place to post, but I thought the news was worth a little mention.

From Yomiuri Online (translated from the Japanese source):
Quote:
Ken Obata, author of popular manga series such as Death Note and Hikaru no Go, was arrested for carrying a bladed weapon in his car.

On September 6, Obata was pulled over by a police officer on a patrol after driving with a broken headlight in Tokyo's Nerima Ward. While questioning Obata, the police officer found an unsheathed knife measuring 8.6 centimeters (approx. 3.4 inches) in the dashboard compartment, and arrested Obata on the spot for violating the Swords and Firearms Control Law. The law forbids carrying knives longer than 6 centimeters without any "justifiable reason". Obata said that he was carrying the knife for camping.

Death Note is a popular manga series with more than 20 million copies published since its serialization in 2003.
Maybe he was stoned...?
luchamasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 01:35   Link #428
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

sigh...maybe he becomes insecured after doing DN and he thought that he, like raito yagami, got many enemies around? and so...bringing a knife around can increase his sense of security?? "DN Effect" ?? or perhaps it is really for his camping reason?? hahaha only he will know the exact ans...
Ja-Y-Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 06:34   Link #429
icf20405

Size 6mm over

I think another reason
icf20405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 09:52   Link #430
Samourai
Le samouraï est le illest

Send a message via AIM to Samourai
i just bought the first volume last night, im gonna read it today, i hope its good!
Samourai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 15:33   Link #431
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja-Y-Ce
According to animenewsnetwork, the VA for Raito will be Ishida Akira and VA for L will be Romi Paku. The rest is not disclosed yet. Hmm.... I wonder is this juz a rumour or already confirmed? But oh my gosh!!!!!!!! Both of them r among my favourite seiyuus!!!!!!! I can't wait to c the show now!!!!!

edit: Kenji Nomura as Ryuk. If i hear anything more, i will update.
Well, according to ANN as of today, those seiyuu's are incorrect. Here's the new list:

Kappei Yamaguchi as L
(I'm not too sure about how I feel about him as L...I mean, I think he does a good job with Inuyasha and Usopp and such...but for L?)

Mamoru Miyano as Light
(I only really know him for voicing Haruto Sakuraba from Eyeshield 21. Seeing as how he's not really a central character I can't say how I feel about him doing Light...but he did decently as Sakuraba.)

Aya Hirano as Misa
(Mamori Anezaki from Eyeshield 21, Lumiere from Kiddy Grade. Based on both those characters, probably someone who's voiced more reserved/mature characters...which is not what I think of when I picture Misa...)

Haruka Kudou as Sayu
(Hagumi Hanamoto from Honey and Clover. Somewhat ashamed to say I haven't seen this series...so I can't comment.)

Shidou Nakamura as Ryuuku
(Saga from One Piece movie 5...I have yet to watch that one since I follow K-F's subs...so again I can't really comment...)

(Taken from: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=6592)

But again...even though we're essentially a month away from the release (according to the vintage date on that page)...we won't know if those voices are for sure until the real deal comes out.

Last edited by Dark`; 2006-09-10 at 15:56.
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 19:55   Link #432
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark`
Mamoru Miyano as Light
(I only really know him for voicing Haruto Sakuraba from Eyeshield 21. Seeing as how he's not really a central character I can't say how I feel about him doing Light...but he did decently as Sakuraba.)

Aya Hirano as Misa
(Mamori Anezaki from Eyeshield 21, Lumiere from Kiddy Grade. Based on both those characters, probably someone who's voiced more reserved/mature characters...which is not what I think of when I picture Misa...)
Mamoru Miyano also voiced Tamaki Suoh from Ouran High School Host Club. Aya Hirano voiced Haruhi Suzumiya from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya... With this Tamaki + Haruhi combo, complete win and awesome shall be released upon the world!

...Right?

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 21:15   Link #433
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang
Mamoru Miyano also voiced Tamaki Suoh from Ouran High School Host Club. Aya Hirano voiced Haruhi Suzumiya from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya... With this Tamaki + Haruhi combo, complete win and awesome shall be released upon the world!

...Right?
Oh...Haruhi Suzumiya...that's right. I've yet to get a chance to watch it, but I did see a clip of an episode where they were doing a parody of Phoenix Wright. Based on that, I guess she could do a pretty good Misa, if she brings as much (or more) enthusiasm/perkiness to the role as she did in that one clip I saw.

Can't say I know much about Ouran High School Host Club except that it seems pretty popular right now. Maybe I'll take a look at vol 1 of the manga when I'm at work tomorrow...but I digress.

Still...the choice for L...I'm still unconvinced at this point. I mean, I've liked all the characters he has voiced in the animes I've watched: Inuyasha (Inuyasha), Usopp (One Piece), Ranma (Ranma 1/2), Monta (Eyeshield 21)...but his voice just doesn't seem to match my idea of how L should sound. Argh...guess I'll have to wait and see... =/
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 09:24   Link #434
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Ok...apparently, I have to admit... I am very interested in this upcoming DN game... on Nintendo DS... Supposedly it shld be those detective, psychological action kind. Howeva, nothin much is mentioned on the site itself. It juz say that it will be released on Feb 2007.

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/deathnote/

hopefully i will c more updates soon.
Ja-Y-Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-18, 09:52   Link #435
Dernhelm
High on Jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 魔法師
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

i'm skeptical about Kappei either, being L. i'm too used to his um... helium voice. although a serious take at Twelve Kingdoms as the elvish creature Rokuta should provide encouragement. Mamoru as Raito is alright, since i got to know him first as Kiba in the very dark Wolf's Rain.

man, i just finished the series some hours ago. hm, if ever they do fillers, i sure hope it would be about the Wammy House. XP *reminds me a lot of the Xavier Institution, hehe*

edit: ooh, your first animated look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE4CQ9PUkuw

"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

Shunsuke Nakamura makes goalkeepers FLY and land HARD.

Last edited by Dernhelm; 2006-09-18 at 12:22.
Dernhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-18, 12:37   Link #436
drgntig
i'm psychic.god says hi.

your all really messed up ...

i'm only on chapter 22 so i didn't know that l dies. i would have liked to be a climatic scene.
drgntig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-18, 21:26   Link #437
Dernhelm
High on Jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgntig
i'm only on chapter 22 so i didn't know that l dies. i would have liked to be a climatic scene.
i think i coded my post well enough to hide the fact that he did... so i hope it wasn't me ^^U
anyway, if this is any consolation, i was spoiled about this too. YET! yet... you'll see
still as powerful, you'll see what i mean.

"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

Shunsuke Nakamura makes goalkeepers FLY and land HARD.
Dernhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 23:56   Link #438
Choki
I believe i can fly

Spoiler for Manga plot:
Choki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 09:49   Link #439
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Spoiler:
Darklightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 07:44   Link #440
beansprouts
五月天

I finished the manga a while ago, Death Note truly rocks as one of the best manga I've read recently (that, or I've been reading too much trash)

Spoiler for Manga:
beansprouts is offline   Reply With Quote