AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-02-28, 18:47   Link #3681
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Why Escanor? Escanor's jealous of Arthur because of Merlin right now, isn't he? What if he tries to do something to the poor guy?
Escanor could train Arthur in order to get closer to Merlin.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 19:26   Link #3682
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I want Escanor to get closer to Arthur precisely so they can resolve the misunderstanding.
Old 2018-02-28, 19:58   Link #3683
SilverGlavenus

^That is if Escanor can overcome his pride, unless that is the intention of the author all along.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-01, 05:45   Link #3684
DragonOsman
Dragon King

That's great, but then we'd lose the point of him being the Sin of Pride. I do still agree with Kanon, though.
Old 2018-03-01, 06:02   Link #3685
SilverGlavenus

With little time the Sins have left (2 days), and that Escanor can only train Arthur during the day (if he decides to), the best bet for them is to find a way to awaken his magic power.

My theory is that Meliodas (with all commandments) + Escanor (with all blessings) + Arthur + the Sins vs DK and SG.
Old 2018-03-01, 06:52   Link #3686
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Meliodas with all the commandments as well as all of his emotions back, hopefully. That way he'll have power on par with his father's with his emotions intact. No more evil Meliodas. That would be good.

But yeah, hopefully Merlin will think of a way to awaken Arthur's magic power. They're going to need that.
Old 2018-03-01, 12:23   Link #3687
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm guessing Arthur will be able to use some self-reinforcement magic to endure the strain using Excalibur puts on his body, but what will be done about the sword being afraid of the demons? Was the sword influenced by Arthur's own emotions?

Not sure what the point of that cliffhanger was by the way, since Elizabeth is right next to him ready to heal and Merlin should be able to cancel the brainwashing.
Old 2018-03-01, 12:33   Link #3688
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Well, I hope Arthur's dormant magic power is great and amazing enough to be worth the wait. With the added bonus of allowing him to withstand wielding Excalibur.
Old 2018-03-02, 07:34   Link #3689
marvelB

So in the end, the only lasting damage Arthur managed to deal was to Cusack's mustache.... well, he gave it his best shot, lol. Still, despite Cusack's words, I still believe that the combined power of all those human heroes would even be a threat for high-level demons. It's just that Arthur needs to learn how to properly wield the sword....

Anyway, another brief spoiler:

Spoiler for 257:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-02, 08:51   Link #3690
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Cusack and Chandler's respective true forms? Man, Cusack's is huge.
Old 2018-03-06, 18:00   Link #3691
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well this chapter surprised me in a few ways. They seem to be leaning on the idea of Arthur straight up being dead here. That would be a surprising route to go with his character.

I'm legit curious what they are going to do. Will Arthur stay dead? To be fair several characters have dealt with the threat of death before and come back. But they are at least milking the loss of Arthur for all it is worth.

Maybe he meets up with Ban in purgatory and revives himself later. It feeds into Merlin and Escanor's character arcs. Creates some intense fights coming up. Not sure they'll keep Arthur down for the count with the sword still sticking out of him...
Old 2018-03-06, 22:23   Link #3692
marvelB

Huh, the chapter does seem to imply that Arthur has indeed died. Though, if he has, I do like the idea that Ban will meet with his soul in Purgatory. Or perhaps his soul has indeed joined the countless heroes within Excalibur? If so, maybe those heroes can teach him how to awaken his hidden potential, and Arthur will be revived as a true threat to the demon clan....

As for the rest of the chapter.... well, I can't really say I'm surprised that Hendy is sticking to Ludoshel like glue now. At this rate, I'm pretty much expecting him to become an antagonist again (though on the opposite side of the spectrum this time around). My guess is that Gil will end up tangling with him, since he's clearly more concerned about releasing Margaret from the archangel's control, which Hendy obviously won't allow (since he's most likely brainwashed himself)....
Old 2018-03-07, 01:30   Link #3693
DragonOsman
Dragon King

If it's possible for Arthur to revive himself even if he's already inside the sword with the rest of the heroes, then it'd be good if it does happen. And this time, like you said, hopefully he'll awaken his magic power and be that much more powerful when he's revived. If he's really inside the sword. I agree with you about him meeting Ban in Purgatory, too, though. Either way is fine.

And yeah, Hendy does seem like he's already been brainwashed. I think Merlin and Elizabeth should help people against the Goddess Clan's brainwashing. Though in Hendy's case, he was already prone to go over to their side since he's a Druid (isn't he?).
Old 2018-03-07, 12:23   Link #3694
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

In case it wasn't already clear for us, the author confirmed Merlin and Arthur love each other, but only as master and pupil. Somebody should get the memo to Escanor. I can't say I'm a fan of that subplot.

I don't know how, but Arthur will obviously come back to life. He's been hyped too much, and we've never even seen his true power.
Old 2018-03-07, 12:40   Link #3695
SilverGlavenus

Even the sin of Pride himself is nothing before love.

Now that I think about it, all of the couples in this manga suffer sad fates. Meliodas and Elizabeth, Ban and Elaine, Zeldris and Gerda, Gerheade and Rou, King and Diane, Gil and Margaret, possibly Merlin and Escanor.
Old 2018-03-07, 13:14   Link #3696
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

Escanor might go all out because how he feels right now .He will take his sorrow upon those two demons .
Also i feel like Ban will return soon . Most likely when Elizabeth curse is about to be activated .
Old 2018-03-08, 12:30   Link #3697
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

What I'd the greatest Pride of humanity is Love?
Old 2018-03-08, 15:34   Link #3698
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@SilverGlavenus: Didn't King and Diane turn out fine? They had a lot of trouble, but they're together without problems now. It'd be good if the other pairings could sort out their problems, too, though I guess Zeldris' case might be impossible at this point (is it?).

@Kanon: Agreed.
Old 2018-03-09, 14:20   Link #3699
marvelB

Another week, another super-brief summary:

Spoiler for 258:
Old 2018-03-09, 15:19   Link #3700
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Thanks for the small summary. I'm looking forward to seeing how powerful Meliodas will get after absorbing those commandments.

Tags
adventure, romance, shounen