AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-06-09, 11:49   Link #3901
marvelB

Still no full spoiler summary yet, but a couple more tidbits of info did pop up:

Spoiler for 271:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 12:55   Link #3902
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Still no full spoiler summary yet, but a couple more tidbits of info did pop up:

Spoiler for 271:
Aha, so our theory was right, that was how he got Zeldris coorperating with him.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-10, 09:49   Link #3903
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, and it's good to know. Now I want to know why Meliodas did that and if he'll let them be together after this. Hopefully Meliodas will do it after he gets his emotions back.

The Demon King appeared at the end, but the question is if he appeared in front of Meliodas and Ban or if he was only shown for now.
Old 2018-06-11, 06:37   Link #3904
AP24

Korean scan is out, this is how the Demon King appeared

Spoiler for Ch 271 last page:

I guess Meliodas still considers Zeldris as his little brother no matter what happens. We see a little bit of how Meliodas and Elizabeth first met. Poor Zeldris, it must have been really tough for him at that time.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-11, 11:02   Link #3905
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Dang, he's HUGE.
Old 2018-06-11, 12:43   Link #3906
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, he really is. I wonder if he makes Giants look small. O.o I know wonder how come Meliodas and his siblings are so small compared to their father. Does it have to with how much power the Demon King has, I wonder?

@AP24: So Meliodas still thinks of Zeldris as his brother? I wonder if Zeldris can also forgive him and be a good brother to him (despite his relationship with Elizabeth -- although that would be hard I guess). But if Meliodas still think of him as a brother, he should bring Gelda back to him. IMO.
Old 2018-06-11, 12:56   Link #3907
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

I do wonder why even the DK cannot remember estarossa past ? What happened . A curse from goddess clan after he killed Mael . Or maybe his power is far greater than DK and he doenst know yet
Old 2018-06-11, 13:13   Link #3908
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, why doesn't even the Demon King not remember Estarossa's past? Answers, please, Nakaba. And hopefully soon.

Now next chapter is a fight against the Demon King. I'm worried. Can they beat him?
Old 2018-06-11, 13:22   Link #3909
AP24

Saw the translated chapter, it turns out the Demon King can't remember about Estarossa as well. It seems this affects everyone.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-11, 18:41   Link #3910
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Oh boy this should be good. Come on Ban, Meliodas, and Wild. It's time to knock this King on his rear end and get back home!

Some interesting bits though. Hawk being sent out there as a durable means for the Demon King to keep tabs on Meliodas. Recruiting a being of purgatory was quite the creative solution. Credit to Wild for continuing to try and take shots at the Demon King all that time. Even if he's lost every time he might have some useful insights.

The Estarossa bit is quite interesting. Why would the Demon King remove presumably everyone's memories of Estarossa's past? If that applies to Estarossa himself it might explain his instability. In order to fill the holes in his own memory he might have clung to or had his replaced with the memories of Meliodas.
Old 2018-06-11, 20:41   Link #3911
Random14

I'm starting to wonder if Estarossa might not even be a demon but something else. Like Zeldoris' teacher felt something unsettling about Estarossa. Then there's the strange memory problems of everyone who should remember him. And even the demon king doesn't know?

So that's where Hawk came from. There were a few hints about Hawk, but this makes sense of just about all of it. But that's a crazy time scale, the demon king's been trapped there for... over a billion years then.

I wonder if this will be a straight out fight or something else. Come to think of it, did we ever find out where the head goddess went? Well, its unlikely the demon king will be the final boss so he could lose here, but not sure about their chances.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-12, 00:12   Link #3912
LevelSeven

inb4 esta is actually mael, and he did all of this as a plan to get curses AND blessings, taking the power of DK and the goddess so that only he can be the ruler of everything, that would explain how mael died against a weaker esta, and also how elizabeth knew him
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-12, 08:53   Link #3913
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@FlareKnight: We were told that anyone other than Meliodas or Zeldris who tries to take more "decrees" on top of the one the already have (even just one) will either be destroyed or become unstable. And Estarossa already became unstable when he received just one decree. But yeah, if there's more to him, then you could also be right.

Either way, I want to know why even the Demon King doesn't have any memories of him and what this all means.

But right now I just want the Demon King to be proven wrong about Meliodas having no need for emotions. I mean, I wonder if he knows how much his son is in pain because he only has the memory of his love for Elizabeth, since he doesn't understand love or any other emotions as he is right now. Yes, I know he'd actually like that, but the pain part should at least get to him, right? Or does he not care about that as long as Meliodas becomes the next Demon King?

@Random14: Why do you think it's unlikely for the Demon King to be the final boss? Don't they need to defeat both him and the Supreme Goddess to break the curse on Meliodas and Elizabeth?
Old 2018-06-12, 12:46   Link #3914
Random14

I'd say Estarossa is more likely to be the final boss rather than the demon king. Ever since his introduction he's seemed like the most dangerous of all the demons, more than the relatively normal Zeldoris (and this chapter adds to his backstory), and all the other hints making him more and more strange. Not to mention however he defeated Mael (unless he is Mael somehow, but then that will involve Escanor somehow given his ability).

He acts like he's part of the demon royal family, but apparently it took even the demon king a while to realize there's something wrong about him. There have just been a lot more danger signs about him rather than either the demon king or mother goddess.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-13, 04:13   Link #3915
ImperialFlameGod8190

What if Estarossa is Mel's discarded emotions from another time but sent to the real world.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-13, 12:19   Link #3916
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Estarossa is most likely a brainwashed Mael. The magic used to insert him into everyone's memories was extremely strong, since even the Demon King was affected. Lots of people think it was Demon Gowther's doing. We've seen what Doll Gowther can do, so he's the logical candidate.
Old 2018-06-13, 16:34   Link #3917
LevelSeven

inb4 wheelchair gowther is reincarnated aizen, even in his next life he is bound to a chair
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-13, 17:56   Link #3918
DragonOsman
Dragon King

IIRC Aizen didn't die. He's just in prison, isn't he? And he managed to use his Zanpakutou's power to trick Yhwach even while being confined to those seals and being stuck in a wheelchair.

Anyway, it'd be a major mindf*ck if Estarossa is a brainwashed Mael. It might as well be the case, though. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 2018-06-13, 18:40   Link #3919
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Looking at Meliodas' flashback of Zeldris and what he told us about him, it kind of seems Estarossa was seeing Zeldris' memories and mixing them up with Mael's. The scene where Meliodas says he'll support Estarossa's love for Elizabeth might have been about Zeldris and Gelda instead.
Old 2018-06-13, 18:52   Link #3920
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, it's possible. And Elizabeth saying she knows Estrarossa but can't remember how is also another hint as to whoever or whatever he is.

Tags
adventure, romance, shounen