wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-30, 08:12   Link #84
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
I refuse to have this lower than The Dark Knight
That one is great but Infinity War is better
I refuse to have TDK lower than AIW. TDK is actually the more intelligent movie that rises above the superhero genre which opened people's eyes that a superhero movie can also be a great film. It also pioneered the notion that a villain can win at the end of the movie but the hero can still give hope to people by sacrificing himself or his reputation. Also, the Joker's victory was not reversible in TDK & TDKR. Let's see if Thanos...
Spoiler for AIW's ending:
Old 2018-04-30, 09:10   Link #85
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I admit it. I rarely become sentimental when watching works of fiction but

Spoiler for oh god:
Old 2018-04-30, 09:48   Link #86
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
All Villain were arguing whose the heroes Thanos Gonna Kill in the movie.
Thanos don't give fuck with heroes, he gonna destroy the universe.
All Villain then silent lmao
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-30, 10:08   Link #87
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Eh, I don’t know about others, but I didn’t really need to pee during the movie coz I planned ahead to have maximum enjoyment by not drinking anything before I went to the theater and emptying my belly & bladder before it’s time to watch the movie. I ate and drank my beverage during the second half of the movie and I was able to comfortably sit on my seat during the entire runtime just fine.

An official bathroom break will waste your time even more IMO. Planning ahead is the way to go, especially for people who are already aware of the movie's duration (except maybe for little kids who are difficult to manage).
you can planned out in advance all you can. But if it's happen - It happened; you just can't control it when the time come. 2.5 hours can actually make even people prepared still feel it
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-30, 10:15   Link #88
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
I refuse to have TDK lower than AIW. TDK is actually the more intelligent movie that rises above the superhero genre which opened people's eyes that a superhero movie can also be a great film. It also pioneered the notion that a villain can win at the end of the movie but the hero can still give hope to people by sacrificing himself or his reputation. Also, the Joker's victory was not reversible in TDK & TDKR. Let's see if Thanos...
Spoiler for AIW's ending:
I can never make myself like Batman
He's never a superhero to me
His crimefighting is merely for self-satisfaction
He's just a rich dude playing around as a hero
Old 2018-04-30, 10:20   Link #89
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Quote:
Lol
Is that sarcasm or something
Old 2018-04-30, 11:24   Link #90
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
you can planned out in advance all you can. But if it's happen - It happened; you just can't control it when the time come. 2.5 hours can actually make even people prepared still feel it
Of course we can’t control it when it happens. What we can do however is to control what’s inside our belly and bladder so that it won’t happen. If your belly & bladder are empty, nothing will come out of them (most of the times). It’s simple logic and simple physics. And it works: I’m the living proof, among many other people who had no pee-pee problems during my screening. The people who didn't need to go to the toilet during the movie outnumbered those who needed to go.

Quote:
Batman is more of a hero compared to Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Ant-Man, War Machine and Black Panther in the movies. Hulk just wants to run from Ross and his military personels and to be normal again; Black Widow is a spy; Hawkeye is an agent who is not that different from Widow, War Machine is a soldier/military-man who can only move on higher orders until AIW happens; Ant-Man is all about corporate espionage so far; and T’Challa is more a head of a country than a superhero (heck, his debut in CW is all about revenge, not much of a hero, huh?). And Batman is as much of a hero as Iron-Man.

Now that you mentioned it, do we have a confirmation that someone like Wanda, Vision and Hawkeye are actually helping people or beating criminals day by day like Batman? Do we ever see any of the Avengers patrolling the streets to keep people safe aside from Spiderman? It seems to me that they only move when they were given orders or when ultra/huge events happen. Hence, Batman has bigger role in keeping the lives of the little people safe when there’s no cosmic or world-shattering threat. He is more dedicated to keep people in his city safe almost every night.
Old 2018-04-30, 11:39   Link #91
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Batman is more of a hero compared to Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Ant-Man, War Machine and Black Panther in the movies. Hulk just wants to run from Ross and his military personels and to be normal again; Black Widow is a spy; Hawkeye is an agent who is not that different from Widow, War Machine is a soldier/military-man who can only move on higher orders until AIW happens; Ant-Man is all about corporate espionage so far; and T’Challa is more a head of a country than a superhero (heck, his debut in CW is all about revenge, not much of a hero, huh?).

Now that you mentioned it, do we have a confirmation that someone like Wanda, Vision and Hawkeye are actually helping people or beating criminals day by day like Batman? Do we ever see any of the Avengers patrolling the streets to keep people safe aside from Spiderman? It seems to me that they only move when they were given orders or when ultra/huge events happen. Hence, Batman has bigger role in keeping the lives of the little people safe when there’s no cosmic or world-shattering threat. He is more dedicated to keep people in his city safe almost every night.
Hero is in full capacity if he's doing what he does best

As Bruce in Justice League said, his "superpower" is being rich

No matter how good Batman is in hand to hand combat and detective work, he is just 1 person
A normal person at that
He (standard batman) doesn't have an ironman suit that allows him to travel the city in high speed and disabling large number of enemies by simply locking on them with mini missiles

Thus, his crimefighting is extremely inefficient
Not only that, this case reminds us about nobles in the past went hunting in their pastimes
Despicable

If you must see him in good light, his crimefighting is simply, beneath him
He can do much much more by using his richness to enrich Gotham or seriously enforcing the police force considering how reliant him on them (what with turning in criminals every night) or if you fancy the vigilante style, actually creating a secret army,
army of Batmen which can protect the entire city for real rather than just 1 person

The fact is, he's not serious about this at all, just his hobby
Old 2018-04-30, 11:53   Link #92
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
If you must see him in good light, his crimefighting is simply, beneath him
He can do much much more by using his richness to enrich Gotham or seriously enforcing the police force considering how reliant him on them (what with turning in criminals every night) or if you fancy the vigilante style, actually creating a secret army,
army of Batmen which can protect the entire city for real rather than just 1 person
He actually have done all that in various incarnations .
Old 2018-04-30, 11:56   Link #93
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^I know
I did say standard batman though
And that's the only version of him shown in movies
Unless you count animated ones like Batman Beyond
But we're doing MCU vs DCEU comparisons here
Old 2018-04-30, 11:59   Link #94
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, I do think we're getting ridiculously off-topic. Batman's qualifications as a hero has literally nothing to do with Avengers Infinity War.

Definitely a movie I'll have to see at least one more time while still in theaters. Still glad I got to see it in the first weekend. This kind of well done and hyped movie is good for seeing early on. Good crowd reactions.
Old 2018-04-30, 15:14   Link #95
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
In the final 15 minutes of the film the entire damn theater was silent. You could hear a pin drop. I could hear my heartbeat. Everyone's anal sphincters simultaneously clenched and dilated. No one could move from their seats. After a while I think a guy was crying. Then another. Then some girl started sniffling.

And then I cried.

When the credits rolled no one moved a muscle for like 15 whole seconds. Everyone was trying to process everything. Absolute stunned emotions. Everyone jus fucking stared as the credits moves to the top of screen.

Holy
Fucking
Shit

We get a movie like this like once a decade.

Bravo Marvel. Bravo......
There's plenty of comments in this thread that I agree with and can relate to, but this one pretty much summarized my cinematic experience perfectly....except for the crying part. I think I was still too shocked to do anything but stare at the screen.

So here's some random thoughts.

- Among the avengers, it seems only the OG crew remained. (Tony, Steve, Natasha, Bruce, Thor). I assume Clint is still alive as well. Feels like they're certainly trying to set up a plot where the OG crew is going to eventually pass on the torch to the new Avengers in an attempt to save them.

-I was devastated when we didn't get to see what happened to Valkyrie. Hopefully they have a directors cut that shows her escaping with the other half of the Asgardians. Because right now, I don't think she's confirmed dead or alive. And that worries me. She was awesome.

-This movie was undoubtedly not just the most exciting comic book movie I've seen, but the most exciting movie I've ever seen period. Not even exaggerating. If I wasn't watching some extremely choreographed action, I was watching meaningful moments of tense drama, and if I wasn't watching that, I was enjoying some especially humorous banter among characters I've wanted to see interact for a long time.

To me, there was literally never a dull moment. And I can't recall a single movie I've ever felt that way about. Granted, I'm sure this is mostly because of the time I've invested into the MCU allowing myself to grow attached to all these characters to some degree. But as things stand, this will likely go down as my favorite movie for now. But that might change depending on the conclusion of the next movie

-Speaking of which, if there's one thing I'm worried about going forward it's how everything will be resolved in part 4. I'm usually very skeptical of plots that involve time travel and time manipulation. And obviously, the potential for that to happen couldn't be greater in this case. For instance, I wasn't much of a fan of X-Men Days of Future Past which basically made it so that a number of different movies in the franchise never happened. So if they do something like that with this franchise, I'm gonna be super pissed. However this gets resolved, I just hope it doesn't involve the use of time travel & manipulation to such an extent that it basically removes the plots of entire movies from the canon.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-30, 16:50   Link #96
Wandering Soul

Spoiler for Assorted thoughts on Infinity War:
Old 2018-04-30, 17:40   Link #97
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Spoiler for Assorted thoughts on Infinity War:
It doesn't really hold up, though. While the universe may (or may not) be finite, we're not anywhere close to exploiting 100% of it. And killing half the population would seriously hinder our productivity, which would make us even less capable of sustaining ourselves. I'm not saying resource scarcity isn't a problem, but Thanos isn't a solution. If overpopulation worries you, educate women and distribute condoms. And have some goddamn patience.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-30, 17:53   Link #98
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It doesn't really hold up, though. While the universe may (or may not) be finite, we're not anywhere close to exploiting 100% of it. And killing half the population would seriously hinder our productivity, which would make us even less capable of sustaining ourselves. I'm not saying resource scarcity isn't a problem, but Thanos isn't a solution. If overpopulation worries you, educate women and distribute condoms. And have some goddamn patience.
When I fleshed out, I don't just mean explaining his reasoning behind it, but also making it more grounded. If Thanos instead planned to reset the universe or to turn the universe into a totalitarian society, where he and his men oversee all resource distribution, then I feel like he may have had some reasoning behind him. I don't think for a five seconds that the movie wanted you to agree with Thanos, I just felt that if certain parts of his plan were changed (namely how extreme it is, or that it isn't much of a solution), then he would at least have something resembling an argument behind him.
Old 2018-04-30, 19:20   Link #99
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Guys, this is important.

Quote:
Restore IMAX Sequences to the Home Releases of Marvel Studios Films

TLDR: IMAX sequences on the home releases of Marvel Studios movies (and Disney films in general) are being cropped to 2.39:1 on all formats except for Blu-ray 3D which is getting harder to come by. It would be proffered to have the option between aspect ratios.

Who does this affect: Videophiles, average consumers.

Why should you care: You are not even getting close to the full picture of what was originally intended. When scenes are presented in their original aspect ratio or one close to the original as possible, you get more picture and also have a more authentic feeling when watching films at home.

Big Description:

In the past handful of years, many of the Marvel Studio's films have been filmed at Aspect Ratios (the ratio of height versus width) that are exclusive to IMAX screenings. But the home releases do not have the aspect ratios preserved and are instead severely cropped to a much tighter aspect ratio to conform with the entirety of the film.

Such films include (but are not limited to):

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014), Captain America: Civil War (2016), Doctor Strange (2016), Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017), Thor: Ragnarok (2017), and Black Panther (2018).

Here's the rundown of what format gets what Aspect Ratio...

UHD Blu-ray: 2.39:1

HD/Blu-ray: 2.39:1

Blu-ray 3D: 2.39:1 and 1.78 - 1.90:1 for IMAX sequences

SD/DVD: 2.39:1
https://www.change.org/p/walt-disney...ex94%3Acontrol

Since this movie was shot entirely on IMAX cameras, I would want my future blu-ray copy to reflect that. Plus, it's Infinity War. Can't settle for anything less.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-30, 20:12   Link #100
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Just FYI, an actual IMAX ratio is more of a square. So, when applied to home video, people will see square footage with black bars on the right and left sides of their widescreen TV screen. I doubt the average consumers would want to see that aspect ratio unless for old movies or TV series that used 1.33:1 aspect ratio back then (eg. 1950s movies, Universal's monster movies, Disney's old movies, Star Trek TV series, etc). So, given that fact, we can never truly experience the true IMAX aspect ratio in home videos.

Tags
marvel cinematic universe