AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-04, 22:04   Link #16001
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
They are the design team not the writers.

The ending that's been used this whole later half of the season. I'm not talking about the finale's ending.
I know that...

what does that have to do with anything?

If they don't like her, they wont draw her too much, the writers cant do anything about that..
Old 2008-10-04, 22:08   Link #16002
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
Quick question, is this thread maxed out? O_o oh, okay, good enough. Man, I lost a post though.

Besides, I'd like Kallen's development to be used for something other than just her understanding what Lelouch did -_- . With how much time they spent on her reachign that point, we could have resolved the Geass plot. Lets have this development really go somewhere.
Come now, kir44n (how do you pronounce that anyway? ), you can never max out on Kallen.

I also think it would be a shame for all of her development towards Lelouch to be wasted. I, at least, want to see a little more interaction amonst Lelouch, C.C. and Kallen. Those moments were priceless. And now that Kallen pretty much knows everything, she wouldn't have to be kept out of the loop anymore.

Quote:
A question I have. Why wasn't Kallen in that closing scene when she was in all the previous ones?
There was once a post on the board that said that the artists at Clamp didn't like drawing Kallen as much. (Something about her hair being difficult when she was in 'battle-girl' mode). Have no idea how true that was though.

Quote:
I thought it was odd just how many characters survived to the end. Even characters it seems inevitable would die.
Feels like if they want to expand they had all the players to do so.
Well, like I said, I think that the director/writer probably had a different idea as to exactly how the story would end, but the powers that be (i.e., SUNRISE) wanted to keep things open for Code Geass spin-offs. Which suits me fine so long as they are good (Gundam spin-offs have been hit-and-miss over the years).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
I mean they called her a "minor character" and almost didn't draw her solo for the first picture either.... (this was in a magazine somewhere I believe)
'Minor' character seems to be a flimsy excuse if you ask me. In the second season, she probably had almost, if not equal, screen time as Suzaku and C.C.
Old 2008-10-04, 22:08   Link #16003
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
I know that...

what does that have to do with anything?

If they don't like her, they wont draw her too much, the writers cant do anything about that..
The director can if he's the one who hired them. As an artist myself. If he person who hired you wants something drawn. You draw it.
It's arrogance to refuse a job over one's personal preference.

Not to mention they had no problems drawing her in the past.
Old 2008-10-04, 22:11   Link #16004
blottyparchment

Quote:
I think Clamp is not too fond of Kallen or just don't like to draw her

I mean they called her a "minor character" and almost didn't draw her solo for the first picture either.... (this was in a magazine somewhere I believe)

maybe she is a character type Clamp doesn't like or something..
I think you're referring to the comments CLAMP wrote in NT for the first set of art they draw for R2's first ending. I can't remember the exact words, but they said something like "Not a main character, but we couldn't refuse giving her her own solo shot" and "We wanted to draw her as a warrior woman/amazona".

So, I don't think they weren't not fond of her.

I'm a bit miffed that she isn't included in the 2nd ed, though

Orange Range, on the other hand, seems to like Kallen a lot. I read that, during the Go Go Fest (was it?), in which they performed their song O2, they asked the audience, "Do you like Kallen Kouzuki?"
blottyparchment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 22:11   Link #16005
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

Quote:
They are the design team not the writers.

The ending that's been used this whole later half of the season. I'm not talking about the finale's ending.
Ahh, as far as I know the just made 18 pictures... in fact Shirley´s picture was supposed to be in the first ending but since her picture seemed to spoil her future they put it in the second ending... a long time ago somebody was counting the images in the endings I think it was 16 so there are still two pictures... but we don´t of who...
That explanation is on Koshimizu´s blog...
Skellington2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 22:13   Link #16006
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post
I think you're referring to the comments CLAMP wrote in NT for the first set of art they draw for R2's first ending. I can't remember the exact words, but they said something like "Not a main character, but we couldn't refuse giving her her own solo shot" and "We wanted to draw her as a warrior woman/amazona".

I'm a bit miffed that she isn't included in the 2nd ed, though

Orange Range, on the other hand, seems to like Kallen a lot. I read that, during the Go Go Fest (was it?), in which they performed their song O2, they asked the audience, "Do you like Kallen Kouzuki?"
I dunno, they don't draw her a lot, I get the impression they are not fond of her..
there is never a lot of official art of Kallen I have noticed.. well, CLamp is releasing a book this winter for code geass, they better have one new illustration with her!!

who is Orange Range? lol sorry for my ignorance...
Old 2008-10-04, 22:14   Link #16007
hero147

Wow...One More Chance...is like the hardest song to find ever...I've been searching for like 3 hours...Lol..

Quote:
I dunno, they don't draw her a lot, I get the impression they are not fond of her..
there is never a lot of official art of Kallen I have noticed.. well, CLamp is releasing a book this winter for code geass, they better have one new illustration with her!!

Band who performed the first opening for Code Geass R2.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 22:15   Link #16008
Micante

Quote:

People who did opening songs. I'm not sure which ones myself since I don't really bother myself with details like that.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 22:17   Link #16009
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post
Just to be clear, do mean something like "I don't think it was a lack of fondness by CLAMP that contributed to her not being included in the second R2 ending sequence."

Sorry for asking, but the triple negative in the way you wrote it is confusing the hell out of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micante View Post
People who did opening songs. I'm not sure which ones myself since I don't really bother myself with details like that.
They did the opening and closing for the first 1/2 of R2. Also, did the very first opening for Bleach series if I recall correctly.
Old 2008-10-04, 22:18   Link #16010
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

Quote:

Wow really?? I would love to see CLAMP´s pictures... when does it come out?
Got more information?
Skellington2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 22:18   Link #16011
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
Wow...One More Chance...is like the hardest song to find ever...I've been searching for like 3 hours...Lol..
Seriously? How hard have you been looking. I found a few AMVs on youtube alone.
This is one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctBio6zlPGw
Old 2008-10-04, 22:21   Link #16012
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
This is one
Hard finding mp3's though.
Old 2008-10-04, 22:24   Link #16013
hero147

Quote:
This is one
Lol...I love the song, so technoish while having much feeling to it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
This is what I meant...hahaha....
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 22:27   Link #16014
lovecakecookies

OMg.. I just noticed there is a picture of Suzaku on her wall thing!!

Lol..I am so slow.. I wonder if they keep in touch.. I hope they doo..

I LOVE the song...
Old 2008-10-04, 22:28   Link #16015
Micante

Quote:
Well, the music for the AMVs had to come from somewhere. Perhaps you should ask the creators.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 22:30   Link #16016
El_Lazy_Mexican
Thank you for smoking

Quote:

I LOVE the song...
Isn't Suzaku supposed to be um.... "dead"?

But I think she figured out who was behind the mask of Zero just like Todoh did but really, the only person that would know and get to keep in touch with him is Nunnally.
El_Lazy_Mexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 22:32   Link #16017
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Lazy_Mexican View Post
Isn't Suzaku supposed to be um.... "dead"?

But I think she figured out who was behind the mask of Zero just like Todoh did but really, the only person that would know and get to keep in touch with him is Nunnally.
To be certain, Kallen would understand that he needs to stay behind the mask for most purposes, but she is friends w/ the Empress. I think if it was just the three of them, it would be okay for him to be 'Suzaku' again for awhile.
Old 2008-10-04, 22:34   Link #16018
FoxxFireArt

Quote:

I LOVE the song...
You just noticed that??

I doubt they keep in close touch. Any talks they would have would have to be in secret. More likely Kallen would talk to Nunnally.

I'm more interested in when she got her Guren key back. After she was taken in it would of been Lelouch's forces who took the Guren in.
Did she get it back by herself, was it sent to her, or was it given to her as a keepsake by either Nunnally or Suzaku. Since Nunnally saw into Lelouch's memories I would hope that she may be able to answer Kallen's question.

I find it unlikely that as long as Lloyd is alive he wouldn't be trying to develop a better KMF. Same goes for Rakshata.
Old 2008-10-04, 22:35   Link #16019
El_Lazy_Mexican
Thank you for smoking

Quote:
To be certain, Kallen would understand that he needs to stay behind the mask for most purposes, but she is friends w/ the Empress. I think if it was just the three of them, it would be okay for him to be 'Suzaku' again for awhile.

Yea I guess that would be alright....as long as they she doesn't try to ask about C.C. which leds to Suzaku thinking she passed the Code to Lelouch and go to Australia to find him (if he's alive)
El_Lazy_Mexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 22:36   Link #16020
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Lazy_Mexican View Post
Yea I guess that would be alright....as long as they she doesn't try to ask about C.C. which leds to Suzaku thinking she passed the Code to Lelouch and go to Australia to find him (if he's alive)
I'm not sure where C.C. was at the end of the show (looked like rural Europe), but I'm pretty sure Australia wasn't it.