AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-07-07, 04:48   Link #13221
m0h

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Doubtlessly, that was what Virgilia used when saying that she saw a cat break the vase.
So, Magic is a lie that bends reality, formed between a Trusting Believer and a Skilled Liar?
Sounds like the candy magic. Since Maria BELIEVES THE TRICK, magic is created.
m0h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 04:53   Link #13222
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Meanwhile, I found an allegation that connects Yamashita's gold with M-Fund, and actually explains where that came from:

Quote:
Because they remained ''off the books'', these enormous political action funds got into the wrong hands, where they remain to this day. We can reveal that in 1960, then vice-president Richard Nixon ''gave'' one of the biggest of these political action funds, the US$35-billion (about HK$272 billion) M-Fund, to leading members of Japan's Liberal Democratic Party (LDP). In return, he is believed to have sought their support for his presidential campaign that year.

The M-Fund, now said to be worth more than US$500 billion, is still controlled by members of the LDP.
(found at http://www.rense.com/general13/treasure.htm )

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 04:59   Link #13223
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

The way of the witch for our Beatrice begun with the breaking of the vase, because after that she wanted Virgilia to become her teacher. So because she herself destroyed the vase... She is Battler herself and that's Battler's sin.
Probably not...

I was thinking, if EP7 is going to mirror EP3 somehow, someone is going to find the gold and becomes the new head and the witch, right? The new blonde has the head's ring, so s/he must be a new head. Maybe the new blonde is younger Krauss, and becomes Krauss-Beatrice (or whatever a more manly name would be)?
If the new blonde is a girl, it's probably Jessica in some form. At least the character must have something to do with her family, as there's so much similarities. I like the actor theory, too.

It seems like the whole thing about Akujikishima has been forgotten after EP2... Does it have any relevance to the plot except for the spirit mirror anymore? There's the theory about ghosts, but I don't like them randomly appearing to people and talking to them. The medium theory is around the border of acceptable for me, though.
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 05:21   Link #13224
delita-umw-
Wild Speculator

Oh lord, please have mercy upon our souls, for here comes the advent of -gasp- KRAUSSTRICE! I'm getting flashbacks of maid-in-heaven all over again...MY EYES!! IT CANNOT BE UNSEEN!
Please Ryukishi, PLEASE keep KRAUSSTRICE locked away in one of those closets that the Ushiromiyas seem incapable of opening.
delita-umw- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 05:23   Link #13225
Oliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post
I was thinking, if EP7 is going to mirror EP3 somehow, someone is going to find the gold and becomes the new head and the witch, right? The new blonde has the head's ring, so s/he must be a new head. Maybe the new blonde is younger Krauss, and becomes Krauss-Beatrice (or whatever a more manly name would be)?
You know... That actually makes a lot of sense. We have no idea if Krauss was ever a flimsy youth, and he could well have been one.

(updated 2010-08-24)
Old 2010-07-07, 05:27   Link #13226
delita-umw-
Wild Speculator

Wouldn't both Krauss' violent childhood and college life seem to suggest otherwise? I know they're much younger than him, but I doubt Krauss could so easily thrash all the siblings if he were rather flimsy. Plus, he was a boxer in college, so it would seem otherwise, though it is possible he took up boxing to reverse any of this suggested weakness?
delita-umw- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 05:35   Link #13227
Oliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by delita-umw- View Post
Wouldn't both Krauss' violent childhood and college life seem to suggest otherwise? I know they're much younger than him, but I doubt Krauss could so easily thrash all the siblings if he were rather flimsy. Plus, he was a boxer in college, so it would seem otherwise, though it is possible he took up boxing to reverse any of this suggested weakness?
Well, it is a stretch, but it's a stretch within reason.

I find it a bit more likely that the blonde is a hypothetical child of Jessica and Kanon, actually, but Krauss-who-solved-the-epitaph is not to be discounted outright. Actually being accepted and respected by his father would be his childhood dream, just like it was for Eva.

(updated 2010-08-24)
Old 2010-07-07, 05:38   Link #13228
Verg Avesta
Endless Turnless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post
It seems like the whole thing about Akujikishima has been forgotten after EP2... Does it have any relevance to the plot except for the spirit mirror anymore? There's the theory about ghosts, but I don't like them randomly appearing to people and talking to them. The medium theory is around the border of acceptable for me, though.
Well, a while ago I actually theorized that when Rokkenjima was known as Akujikishima, it was actually rich with volcanic gases spewing from underground and killing all the sailors who went there. And that the shrine was built to shut the biggest "leak" by the wandering priest, so the island became hapitable again. Dunno how realistic that is, though. However, other than that, there hasn't been lot about Akujikishima itself.

Though I must say, there's got to be something else in destroying the shrine rather than it being symbolic. Symbolic is fine and all, but it is not going to help any of the culprits, whether it's the epitaph party or the true killer party. However, there haven't been that many hints concerning the shrine or the spirit mirror in the games.
Old 2010-07-07, 05:50   Link #13229
DgBarca

I like the volcano theory. Moreover, it was a bit hinted here.
The Izu archipel is in a volcanic area and all...
But I think the typhoon has a bigger role in the endgame.
DgBarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 06:54   Link #13230
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

The typhoon as already subsided by the time october 6 is approaching. This is consistent in every game that has shown the situation on the outside near the ending of the second day.

Quote:
And that the shrine was built to shut the biggest "leak" by the wandering priest, so the island became habitable again.
I'm no expert but I think that when volcanoes are involved it's always a bad idea to try to block them. If there's a gas leak it means there's some kind of gas that needs to go out. Blocking its way out would only cause the pressure to increase with possibly disastrous effects.

In fact... the "pressure pot" effect is what causes volcanic explosions in the first place.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 07:06   Link #13231
DgBarca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
The typhoon as already subsided by the time october 6 is approaching. This is consistent in every game that has shown the situation on the outside near the ending of the second day.
Maybe the typhoon was not a tiny typhoon.
DgBarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 07:25   Link #13232
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Unlikely.

Anyway this is what I found that could be useful to understand what happened:

Quote:
That's right. So if you win against Beato, then on October 6, when the typhoon has passed, the people who were trapped on the island will return
This is Lambda saying it, but she's talking to Ange, so since Ange should definitely know if the typhoon was still there on October 6 it's very unlikely that Lambda is lying.
It can still be argued that the typhoon passed in the morning and was still active at midnight of October 5, but as I said it is just a lot easier to think the typhoon subsided around midnight, rather than thinking it just appeared to have subsided, then unleashed some kind of disaster and soon afterward vanished.

Old 2010-07-07, 08:00   Link #13233
m0h

In any case, some kind of explosion occurred. Probably the Culprit used it to hide all the evidence from the murderers. It's a pretty know fact that at that time was not possibile to find clues about the death if the corpse were burnt ( Kinzo in the boiler room, anyone? )
Old 2010-07-07, 08:02   Link #13234
June 1983

If the mystery!blond is really male, then I'm almost certain it must be the adopted child who called up Natsuhi in Ep 5. I haven't played Ep 6 yet so I'm not certain if he was dealt with yet, but it seems weird to me that he would be introduced in Ep 5 and then we never see him again. That mystery of who he actually was, if he was really that kid, needs to be solved. (Unless ... it wasn't implied that he never existed and Lambda was doing it all along, was it? I don't remember.)

But anyway, the fact that his/her suit so closely resembles Krauss and the jewel looks like Natsuhi's has to be some kind of clue. :/
June 1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 08:03   Link #13235
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

No that doesn't make any sense to me. If the culprit could make the whole mansion and a huge area around it explode why would he bother killing people face to face?
The explosion works quite good as a way to kill everyone by itself. I'd dare to say it works better than any other method. Especially if you want the police to believe it was an accident.

Old 2010-07-07, 08:13   Link #13236
m0h

Quote:
No that doesn't make any sense to me. If the culprit could make the whole mansion and a huge area around it explode why would he bother killing people face to face?
The explosion works quite good as a way to kill everyone by itself. I'd dare to say it works better than any other method. Especially if you want the police to believe it was an accident.
Maybe the explosion was something that wasn't in the original plan. OR Beatrice set the explosion as the time-limit to solve the epitaph.
Old 2010-07-07, 08:13   Link #13237
Verg Avesta
Endless Turnless

Quote:
I'm no expert but I think that when volcanoes are involved it's always a bad idea to try to block them. If there's a gas leak it means there's some kind of gas that needs to go out. Blocking its way out would only cause the pressure to increase with possibly disastrous effects.

In fact... the "pressure pot" effect is what causes volcanic explosions in the first place.
What I meant was that the big leak above ground, the one that would direct the gases to the island itself, would have been blocked. Of course, others should exist, dispersing the gas in non-harmful places (far into the ocean, underwater, you name it). What originally made me think of this theory was that many of the things in the island could be explained with the existence of small/rising amount of volcanic gases. Natsuhi's headaches, Jessica's weak bronchi, Krauss' and Natsuhi's problem in having a children......

But yeah, it's far from perfect explanation.
Old 2010-07-07, 08:24   Link #13238
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
It just bothers me. I've continually felt, ever since finishing Ep4 and finally beginning to understand how Umineko works, that there's something staring us all in the face that we're refusing to see.
There's several instances in which a possibility is addressed in a roundabout and very strangely specific manner, then dropped and never brought up again.

Examples would be the Jessica's-alternate-personality tangent Battler and EVA-Beatrice get on in ep3 which leads to the red about Jessica's body not committing any acts, and the extremely strangely specific red about how no evidence has been presented that Rosa is a person in disguise in ep5.

Why just Rosa? Why say there's no clues presented to suggest a disguise, rather than just saying there was no disguise? Are we meant to believe there was a disguise, but we just don't have evidence for it?

It's very awkward. And I don't think it's a translation artifact. So what's up with that.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 08:25   Link #13239
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0h View Post
Maybe the explosion was something that wasn't in the original plan. OR Beatrice set the explosion as the time-limit to solve the epitaph.
Yes those can work. For example it can work that there's a culprit that kills everyone face-to-face and then someone else to preserve the family's honor or who knows what causes the explosion to cover everything up.

Eva could be a good candidate for this since it is a fact that doesn't want to say anything about what happened.
Just as a mere speculative example. Let's say George and Shannon planned to kill everyone to get all the ushiromiya money and live happily thereafter. And suppose that something goes wrong they die and Eva is the last survivor. She might cause the explosion to cover everything up.

But this theory is full of holes....

What I mean to say is there's a clear incompatibility between a serial killer who kills everyone face to face, and a mastermind who set up an explosion.
If it's the same person then s/he's not sane.

Old 2010-07-07, 08:32   Link #13240
Verg Avesta
Endless Turnless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Why just Rosa? Why say there's no clues presented to suggest a disguise, rather than just saying there was no disguise? Are we meant to believe there was a disguise, but we just don't have evidence for it?
There are quite many things like that concerning Rosa, actually. Early in episode 2, we are shown that Rosa almost bites Gohda's head off when he tries to carry her suitcase. But later, when the ignots in the chapel are discovered and the they are speculating that someone could have brought the ignots to the island, it is specifically mentioned that Rosa's suitcase "looked too light" to have those ignots in them.

Last edited by Verg Avesta; 2010-07-07 at 08:57.
Verg Avesta is offline   Reply With Quote