AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-11, 09:22   Link #921
Peanutbutter

Score at the end of Ch 10:

Spoiler:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 09:31   Link #922
night_sentinel

Spoiler for ........:

Edit: Oh I guess you guys already know already .... Sorry for the mistake earlier....

Spoiler for ........:
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 10:41   Link #923
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
There seems to be raws of achiga chapter 10 cropping all over now.

Spoiler for Latest score according to 2chan:
This just goes to show that you can't fight a hurricane.

The best you can do is hide and pray that it spares your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Spoiler:
Assuming this is true, that means the match could have been over already if it wasn't for this. Such a scary thought.

With such a power though, wouldn't she be ill-suited for the vanguard position? After all, it's realistically hard to imagine anyone dropping to zero on the very first match even by Saki standards (assuming the opponent isn't Teru).
Old 2012-05-12, 23:11   Link #924
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wow, as if it wasn't already apparent how much of a force of nature Teru is. So much for Kuro trying to see if her ability has a limit, they have to stop Teru's run NOW or else there won't be any succeeding matches.

On the main series side... I thought Jindai was Eisui's monster, their Taichou is MUCH worse if she can channel Jindai's abilities even when the person in question is resting in their viewing room.
Old 2012-05-13, 00:07   Link #925
tsunade666

thanks for the link for spoiler pictures. it's really going hard for Toki. I wonder if she will collapse here.
Old 2012-05-13, 02:55   Link #926
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
thanks for the link for spoiler pictures. it's really going hard for Toki. I wonder if she will collapse here.
I've seen some scans of how Toki looked like in the chapter, and it's not pretty.

Never thought I'll see this in a mahjong game, but I like the looks of it.

P.S: The Chinese translators just got their hands on the raw scans. I await to read the whole chapter.
Old 2012-05-13, 06:31   Link #927
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Haruhi, can anyone stop Teru's rampage at this point? The lead she's gotten is almost insurmountable, and literally the only thing that the other teams can do at this point is damage control and hope that the next player in line just recoups some of those points. And with Toki out of commission for the time being, it seems that things are actually just going to escalate.

What will you do now, Kuro? What will you do?
Old 2012-05-13, 07:53   Link #928
Marina2

Toki is confirmed to be my #1 character in side-a ^^. I hope she can finish this game without the need to enter hospital. (Toki, Ryuuka's lap is waiting for you! Hold yourself!!)

For Kuro, the best thing she could do at this time is to try to get Yakuman ASAP. Two direct hit Yakumans on Teru are enough to become #1 (if that possible LOL) At least she could try to fight for #2 place.She should try to help Senriyama and Shindouji to stop Teru too. SHE NEED TO DO SOMETHING BECAUSE SHE'S NOW LOOK LIKE A COMPLETLY SIDE CHARACTER! even Kirame have more role in this match than her.

We should hope that Shiratodai's 2nd and 3rd player are normal/weak or else it will be impossible to win even for Kiyosumi.

Now that this vanguard match is prolonged for another chapter. I wonder how anime gonna do about this. Manga can have more than 12-13 chapters but for anime? I'm afraid that 2th-5th player match will be skipped or very short in anime at this rate. Moreover, I heard that ch.6 will be divided into 2 anime ep. too.
Old 2012-05-13, 08:05   Link #929
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
For Kuro, the best thing she could do at this time is to try to get Yakuman ASAP. Two direct hit Yakumans on Teru are enough to become #1 (if that possible LOL) At least she could try to fight for #2 place.She should try to help Senriyama and Shindouji to stop Teru too. SHE NEED TO DO SOMETHING BECAUSE SHE'S NOW LOOK LIKE A COMPLETLY SIDE CHARACTER! even Kirame have more role in this match than her.
lol. Maybe she could go for a kazoe yakuman with all her dora.

Quote:
We should hope that Shiratodai's 2nd and 3rd player are normal/weak or else it will be impossible to win even for Kiyosumi.
Never underestimate Mako and Hisa. Especially Hisa.
Old 2012-05-13, 08:41   Link #930
Peanutbutter

Just finished reading Ch 10. Wow. Thoughts later. I'm still a bit shellshocked.

Curious to how this will be shown in the anime. I have a niggling suspicion that the anime is gonna pull an Akagi-type ending.

Oh well, another one-month wait for Chapter 11.
Old 2012-05-13, 08:47   Link #931
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
lol. Maybe she could go for a kazoe yakuman with all her dora.
Somehow, I still believe that Kuro will do something! Maybe, after seeing Toki and Kirama fighting spirit, she will cheer herself up and try something. Being the only one who can't get a single win at the table will be too cruel for her feeling....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin
Never underestimate Mako and Hisa. Especially Hisa.
I didn't but we shouldn't underestimate Shiratodai 2nd and 3rd player too as well as the mystery fouth school at final round. (I think it'll be Rinkai) We don't know yet how much they can affect the game.
Old 2012-05-13, 09:22   Link #932
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
I didn't but we shouldn't underestimate Shiratodai 2nd and 3rd player too as well as the mystery fouth school at final round. (I think it'll be Rinkai) We don't know yet how much they can affect the game.
I'd already given up Yuuki as a lost cause (R.I.P), but I'm fairly confident that Hisa can hold her own against monsters, provided that she isn't rattled like in her last match. I understand your point though. They'll need to a LOT of points if Teru goes crazy (as she probably will), and I'm much less confident in Mako's skills, not to mention that her skills strike me as better suited for defense than offense.

Whatever the case, I don't think Teru will pull off something as ridiculous as doubling her team point total again in the finals.
Old 2012-05-13, 14:40   Link #933
King-Slayer

Spoiler for ch10 Toki:
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 09:40   Link #934
Peanutbutter

Reread Chapter 10 of Achiga-hen, I'm gonna make a prediction about the ending of this side-story. If it's true, this would be the ending of the anime as well. (Assuming my niggling suspicion posted earlier does not come true.)

Spoiler for till Achiga Chapter 10:

That ends my long post. Let's see how all this panned out in later months.
Old 2012-05-15, 13:10   Link #935
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Chapter 10 is finally out in english, and my god, not only is this the best chapter so far, it does one of the things that made the original Saki shine, and in fact, does it better than the main manga right now.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 13:41   Link #936
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I also enjoyed Achiga-Hen ch. 10 ... hmm. I am also curious to see how they will animate this ep.

Teru continues to show that she is not ranked #1 in the HS division of mahjong players for no reason.

Spoiler for Musings on Teru:
Old 2012-05-15, 14:25   Link #937
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Tip against teru: Once the first game is over and before her ability activates you push yourself away from the table (chair and all) and wait there for a minute or two, hoping that Teru's ability is AOE restricted to the table area.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 14:27   Link #938
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Tip against teru: Once the first game is over you push yourself away from the table (chair and all) and wait there for a minute or two, hoping that Teru's ability is AOE restricted to the table area.

Never thought of that!

Hmm ... limited range of use perhaps?

Old 2012-05-15, 15:00   Link #939
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Toki will be sent flying by Teru. Since Achiga will finish as 2nd, they'll edge into the finals. That's my main guess

In Ch 10, Toki used up all her ability. I imagined nobody will be able to stop Teru now.

Kirame is revealed to have a ability that won't see her lose it all, and as Toki can't do anything, I imagine Achiga will end up in the finals.

Teru's continous streak will see her building up her hand to a yakuman. The ending may well involved Toki dealing into a Kokushi Musou hand by Teru, thus ending the game overall.

I have a feeling that the actual purpose of having a side-A story, beside showcasing Achiga and showing the story on the "other side", is to build up Teru as one hell of a player.

Senriyama, as a fourth seed, and supposely national no. 2 doesn't really go in depth on what its players can do. Other than the Toki x Ryuuka pairing, the rest are just there to make the numbers. I don't think Senriyama will make it to the finals like this.

So, basically, Toki is a sacrificial character, to illustrate and enhance Teru's rep. Which hopefully, will be dealt with, again in the main story.
That's what I'm expecting as well, as cruel as it sounds.

With the revelation concerning Kirame's ability, It's apparent that the possibility of Shindouji being knocked out in the Vanguard match is nearly non-existent. As such, the next in line for total destruction is Senriyama. Achiga has plot armor, so them being knocked out is much less plausible.

As impossible as it seems, I'm expecting the next chapter or two to get even more ridiculous. A Yakuman is coming.

Quote:
IMO, Kuro's biggest contribution thus far, is keeping all her doras with her in fact. Cause this already limited Teru's damage somewhat. She's like a dam, if it's broke, the water will come flooding out.
I haven't thought of that. If we consider that all of Teru's wins until now were made without any dora, imagine the total carnage that would result from adding the dora into the picture.

As a parting gift:
Spoiler for the eyes that stare at you as you sleep at night:

Last edited by Qilin; 2012-05-15 at 15:23.
Qilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 15:15   Link #940
King-Slayer

Kirame is too wonderful to be a sacrifice and everyone but Shindouji knows it. Teru remains a beast and Toki x Ryuuka remain one of most gay couples in Saki. Still Kirame stole the show for me. I mean i liked her in the volume extra and even more so now we get to know her better.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri