AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2009-01-24, 07:36   Link #1
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

MediaMonkey vs Winamp

Which is the better media player with the best features of these two?
Old 2009-01-24, 07:54   Link #2
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Foobar2000

I dont know what others look for mp3 player on desktop.. For me as long as it didnt resource hog and sits quietly in the BG while playing my mp3s to entertain me while I'm doing my stuff.. its good enough.

So foobar wins
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 08:53   Link #3
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
I see but wrong answer!

I was asking which one of the two should i choose is the best, not a third option.
Old 2009-01-24, 12:53   Link #4
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Depends on what you want to do. MediaMonkey works very well with portable audio devices, but WinAmp has a massive sprawling plugin development and skinning community stretching back many, many years.

I'd choose WinAmp, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Foobar2000

I dont know what others look for mp3 player on desktop.. For me as long as it didnt resource hog and sits quietly in the BG while playing my mp3s to entertain me while I'm doing my stuff.. its good enough.

So foobar wins
that's a definite win too. Proud user for forgetting reality.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 13:15   Link #5
sa547
*Author

I've been a Winamp user for nearly a decade. Depending on what skin you use, you can make it look simple, or very complex. Works well even at 128mb of memory.
Old 2009-01-24, 21:28   Link #6
Shadow Kira01

Unless you have lots of memory to spare, Winamp would be the best choice! Besides, I don't see the point of it having multiple features and functions when it only serves one purpose.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 21:56   Link #7
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Been using Winamp for years, since the boxy 3.x version when there was no limit of how many skins you could find for whatever subject or series. And the fundamentals have remained the same throughout - easy, clean, unintrusive. The current 5.4 version provides some good utility, such as converting files into .wav, a very simple and effective interface, and internet radio compatibility (check out Shoutcast.com, a huge radio source sponsored by the very makers). I'm not sure what MediaMonkey can do, but looking at its website, it looks like it will hog a lot of the screen to run - something I'm not a fan of. And from what other people are saying, it's a hog for memory as well.
Zaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 07:33   Link #8
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

I've been using Winamp since before the 1.x days and have yet to find any reason to switch to something else, except maybe being a privacy leak.

When I do a new install of Winamp, I either turn off or not install all the features I'm never going to use, like the library and visualizations as well as use the classic interface. That cuts it down to a more usable level.

And I'm a plugin freak. I pick up input, output and processing plugins like crazy, but nowadays, since I do a lot of sound work, I tend to pick up VST plugins and use them with the Winamp VST adapter plugin.

As for that other program, I have never used or even heard of it before until now, so I can't make any judgment on how well it works.

As for the "third choice", I have tried Foobar 2000 and I never could get the hang of its interface. I have it on my desktop; it just never gets used.

Anyway, those're my thoughts, such as they are.

--Ian.
IRJustman is offline   Reply With Quote