AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-06-16, 08:37   Link #1
Lord C

Thumbs up DICE: The Cube that Changes Everything (Manhwa)

Was actually impressed that no one started a thread on this.

Dunno if this link up here will become an actual image (kinda new here)

Anyway...
Author and artist: Yun Hyun Seok.

Quote:
Dongtae is rock bottom in everything.
Looks, grades, life, everything.
But all that might change.

If you could change your life by playing a game, would you?
The story, without putting spoilers, is more like this: Do you know ``The Gamer``? Trade comedy for tragedy.
There is this sort of ``game of life`` going around, and due to it, you can change yourself with the points. Looks, smarts, luck, everything can be changed. However, an interesting concept is of the quests and the G.M. behind them, which adds a faustic theme along with ``a deal with the devil``.
43 chapters translated already. Personally, I think that in order to judge the story, someone has to read until chapter 16, it`s the turning point of the story and even has a BGM.
Old 2014-06-16, 10:07   Link #2
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
So this series finally gets its thread, huh? To be honest I planned to make one for this series, but since not many people pay attention to Manhwa's I sort of just ignored making one. After the way Orange Marmalade ended I sort of got turned off from Manhwa's, but Dice pretty much recaptured my faith in them. I just hope this series gets the attention and general interests it deserves because it warrants it.

I've read the translated chapters for 43, but I've seen the raws and they're at 54 chapters right now. So in terms of where translations go we're 11 chapters behind. All right. I may be weak in Korean, but like I did with Orange Marmalade I'll give my summary on the raws on a weekly basis.

Anyways...

Spoiler for Chapter 43:
Old 2014-08-17, 12:43   Link #3
Lord C

Hmm, batoto is down with all manhwa and naver`s official translation is slow as hell...
Either way, lonemanga.com translated until 49
dicescans.blogspot.com translated until 51
Old 2014-08-17, 19:05   Link #4
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

I keep forgetting to update this series. It's sad that no one pays attention or cares about it. Anyhoo, I'm here to announce that S1 of this series is over in the Korean raws. So much does happen from chapters 51-62, if what you're saying Lord C in terms of currently translated chapters, we've got 11 more to go to end S1. If you're interested I could do a summary from chapters 51-62. I'm learning a bit of Korean, but I still suck at it, but I think I could manage based off imagery and what I could take in terms of text.

Let me tell you, things get so trippy and it sucks that the author is taking a 4 week break. We won't see a new raw chapter until mid September at best...sadly!
Old 2014-08-17, 20:52   Link #5
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
I keep forgetting to update this series. It's sad that no one pays attention or cares about it. Anyhoo, I'm here to announce that S1 of this series is over in the Korean raws. So much does happen from chapters 51-62, if what you're saying Lord C in terms of currently translated chapters, we've got 11 more to go to end S1. If you're interested I could do a summary from chapters 51-62. I'm learning a bit of Korean, but I still suck at it, but I think I could manage based off imagery and what I could take in terms of text.

Let me tell you, things get so trippy and it sucks that the author is taking a 4 week break. We won't see a new raw chapter until mid September at best...sadly!
I'm interested in that summary. I just viewed those raws today, man it gets intense real fast, in a lot of places. Did Dongtae finally give up eunju? The video game analogy was funny, because it's exactly how she's been thought of by a lot of the fandom.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 22:29   Link #6
Lord C

Quality aside, things got serious in the last chapter translated
Spoiler for Serious sh%t:
Old 2014-08-24, 15:34   Link #7
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I'm interested in that summary. I just viewed those raws today, man it gets intense real fast, in a lot of places. Did Dongtae finally give up eunju? The video game analogy was funny, because it's exactly how she's been thought of by a lot of the fandom.
Sorry for the late reply, anonfr. Been too busy with Tales of Xillia 2 and UNIEL to make a post the summaries I mentioned. Well, either you're still interested or not I'm going to post them now. So let's get started...

Ahem:

Spoiler for A Simple Note:

Phew. It took some doing but I'm glad I was able to get this done. Note: That the notes that I've bolded were summaries I've found by people sharing them. The rest were me using imagery and understanding of the situation. So, anyone following this thread. What do you think? It sucks that we have to wait until mid-September to see the start of S2, but for now all we can do now is wait.

I've done my part. Like I said, hope you all enjoy the summary I put up for you guys!

Last edited by Kirito; 2014-08-24 at 15:48.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 16:11   Link #8
anonfr

Quote:
Sorry for the late reply, anonfr. Been too busy with Tales of Xillia 2 and UNIEL to make a post the summaries I mentioned. Well, either you're still interested or not I'm going to post them now. So let's get started...

Ahem:

Spoiler for A Simple Note:

Phew. It took some doing but I'm glad I was able to get this done. Note: That the notes that I've bolded were summaries I've found by people sharing them. The rest were me using imagery and understanding of the situation. So, anyone following this thread. What do you think? It sucks that we have to wait until mid-September to see the start of S2, but for now all we can do now is wait.

I've done my part. Like I said, hope you all enjoy the summary I put up for you guys!
Thank you so much. That was informative.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 17:39   Link #9
Lord C

Season 2 is already being translated by people and it's off with a great start!
Spoiler for The game has begun:
Old 2014-09-25, 19:10   Link #10
Key Board
Carbon

The girl's special ability reminds me of another manwha called the Gamer

but anyway, interesting stuff

I just love how mean spirited yet logically sound the story telling is
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 19:12   Link #11
bnguyen14
Dragon Seeker

I just finish season 1 and oh my gosh! the ending just makes me want to read season 2, can't wait.
Old 2014-09-25, 19:19   Link #12
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Nice to see this thread getting a little love. I was meaning to do some chapter summaries, but if you guys are interested let me know. It's really great to see the Dice scanlators picking up the space with the start of S2. Only 2 more chapters to translate from the current raws and we're all caught up. So close already...
Old 2014-09-25, 19:25   Link #13
bnguyen14
Dragon Seeker

@Kirito If you don't mind could you post some thing each known A-Ranker's abilities?
Old 2014-09-25, 19:33   Link #14
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Sure no problem...

Spoiler for A Rank Abilities and The Users.:

So far the 7 I've listed have their abilities and their rank shown. That's all I know for now, but I will keep you guys updated on the new comers abilities.
Old 2014-09-25, 19:44   Link #15
bnguyen14
Dragon Seeker

Thanks Kirito....wow, dat name, much funny, wow
Old 2014-09-26, 04:42   Link #16
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Sure no problem...

Spoiler for A Rank Abilities and The Users.:

So far the 7 I've listed have their abilities and their rank shown. That's all I know for now, but I will keep you guys updated on the new comers abilities.
Taebin could have one more A-rank ability, the one that allows him to recover his physical strength in exchange for dice, shown in the Eunju game.
Old 2014-09-26, 05:17   Link #17
bnguyen14
Dragon Seeker

^That is something you can do if you have dices to burn. Anyone can do it, A-rank are qualify only with the golden dice abilities.
Old 2014-10-04, 14:37   Link #18
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Okay guys. I just looked at the current Dice raw (chapter 66 to be exact) and I'm really interested in the concept and development regarding the abilities A Rankers can obtain.
Spoiler for Chapter 66 Raw:

The second season of this series is really starting to pick up at interesting points. I really hope to see Eunju's backstory because she's not really liked among the Dice fanbase.
Old 2014-10-05, 15:50   Link #19
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Hey guys following this series. I'm here to announce that chapter 66 has been scanlated and uploaded on the series translating team site.
Old 2014-10-23, 19:35   Link #20
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Okay. I'm here to announce that all of season 1 chapters and the current chapters of season 2 have all been scanlated and released! We're all caught up guys. Now we have to wait for the next update after this week's raw release.

Tags
dice, love triangle, manhwa