Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-03, 22:54   Link #2341
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4525923896
Try this. This guy made a calculator to measure "Effective Health". As in, it tells you when to buff vitality, armour, resist, and dodge to be most efficient at surviving.
Ah too bad it doesnt have DH class yet...
Thanks anyway...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 22:56   Link #2342
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Ah too bad it doesnt have DH class yet...
Thanks anyway...
Ah, sorry about that. I got you confused with the Monk player earlier.
Old 2012-06-03, 23:10   Link #2343
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Essentially you just have to tweak your enchantments and gem slots .

But yeah, as a monk, you don't have a naturally high Intelligence or Strength. So just make sure that you tweak the best you can. No one ever get the ideal 1/10 ratio; it's just to give you a guide to make decisions on, say, what gems to socket on your pants.
Monk can stack single element resist + resist all with One with Everything trait which gives you resist all based on your single highest resist. Add that to your dodge bonus from dex, it's one of the most "tanky" class out of the 5.
Old 2012-06-03, 23:20   Link #2344
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Monk can stack single element resist + resist all with One with Everything trait which gives you resist all based on your single highest resist. Add that to your dodge bonus from dex, it's one of the most "tanky" class out of the 5.
Well, yeah. Mostly because Armour is guaranteed from your normal items without you needing to look for them. So monks have the most balanced set of stats.
Old 2012-06-03, 23:57   Link #2345
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Don't forget that with Seize the Initiative passive, DEX will give you armor too
Old 2012-06-04, 01:05   Link #2346
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I dunno, I struggle to get armor on my monk.

I'm sitting at around 6000 armor with the passive buffs as well as MoE rune, but wanting more and more.
Basically, I want:

+VIT
+DEX
+All resist
+Physical Resist (this can be any resist, for OwA. Must be all the same)
+Armor

On every piece of armor gear. (except rings and amulets, replace one of them with Atk speed and/or Life on Hit)

Currently sitting at 66% resist and 66% Armor. I want like, 80%/70%

Yes, I can achieve higher armor by using shield, but I simply refuse to.
It costs me more time and gold to progress by not using a shield, but I simply refuse to look absolutely retarded.
Old 2012-06-04, 02:35   Link #2347
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

I suggest Deadly Reach/Keen Eye if you want more Armor.
And if you play solo, get the Enchantress as your follower
Old 2012-06-04, 03:14   Link #2348
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Yes, I know how useful deadly reach is in Inferno, especially since it's ranged and buffs armor by 50%

However, I chose this class to bash the enemies' faces in with my fists, not hadouken cheese enemies from out of their reach.
So I'll take the hard route.
Old 2012-06-04, 03:24   Link #2349
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Lol, these guys would pwn me, but fortunately they are unable to handle the power of doors!
Spoiler:

Also, I'm not sure what boots to pick. One has life and faster run, and the other has high resistances and damage. And no, don't tell me to AH better because my first priority is getting a new weapon atm.
Spoiler:

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 03:28   Link #2350
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Also, I'm not sure what boots to pick. One has life and faster run, and the other has high resistances. And no, don't tell me to AH better because my first priority is getting a new weapon atm.
Depends on your tactic, if you are the in your face Fist of the North Star sorta monk, get the boot with resists.

If you aren't stacking poison and relies on kiting, having move speed bonus is huge.
Old 2012-06-04, 03:34   Link #2351
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Blizzard is looking into linking summon health with player vitality, as your WD wouldn't survive in Inferno.
Where did you read that?
Old 2012-06-04, 03:37   Link #2352
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Where did you read that?
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...doctor-changes

Quote:
We’re looking into ways to improve witch doctor pet survivability at later levels, but we don’t have any clear plans to share just yet. One thing we’re considering, though, is having pets scale with your Vitality (which they currently do not do).
Old 2012-06-04, 03:37   Link #2353
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Where did you read that?
A Blue post on the official forums.
Old 2012-06-04, 04:28   Link #2354
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Finally breeze through act II Hell...

Need advice...
Anyone who plays DH, is DH that focused in critical build can survive on Hell difficulty?
What area should i buff, as i will look on item in AH...
As for now, i am far too vunerable, but am confused should i start looking for resistance or just buff my vitality...
The way I'm playing DH on Inferno (and many others I've seen) is to heavily rely on damage while kiting and generally avoiding damage instead of taking it. You can very well do hell without resistances so if you really think you die too fast get some vit. Still, the best defense is good damage and avoiding damage by using smoke screen and caltrops - torturous grounds.

Not sure about crit builds, there are some nice spells/passives that rely on crit but getting a decent amount of base crit w/o sharpshooter seems like endgame item build, nothing you would do on hell.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 04:42   Link #2355
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
The way I'm playing DH on Inferno (and many others I've seen) is to heavily rely on damage while kiting and generally avoiding damage instead of taking it. You can very well do hell without resistances so if you really think you die too fast get some vit. Still, the best defense is good damage and avoiding damage by using smoke screen and caltrops - torturous grounds.

Not sure about crit builds, there are some nice spells/passives that rely on crit but getting a decent amount of base crit w/o sharpshooter seems like endgame item build, nothing you would do on hell.
Hmm, i already get sharpshooter passive skill and using dual handbow currently...
I can boost critical 3-4x over normal damage...

And by your advice, avoiding damage, then does it means boosting dex and vit only without rely on resistance??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 05:02   Link #2356
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Finally breeze through act II Hell...

Need advice...
Anyone who plays DH, is DH that focused in critical build can survive on Hell difficulty?
What area should i buff, as i will look on item in AH...
As for now, i am far too vunerable, but am confused should i start looking for resistance or just buff my vitality...
I'm going though Act II at a reasonable rate. I have 7.5k HP I tried tanking up, but frankly with out any sort of defense buffing skills like what just about every other class has, I find it quite pointless. Basically even if you have equal gear you essentially have a 60% disadvantage towards them because of their defense skills and (in the case of melee classes) their 30% damage reduction freebie. You just simply have to have really stupidly overpowered gear. I believe survivability for DH is basically "can you take 1 hit" and "can you take 2 hits" and anything beyond that probably means you sacrificed damage, so you're tacking unnecessary hits because you're not killing fast enough.
Old 2012-06-04, 05:46   Link #2357
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Hmm, i already get sharpshooter passive skill and using dual handbow currently...
I can boost critical 3-4x over normal damage...

And by your advice, avoiding damage, then does it means boosting dex and vit only without rely on resistance??
For just hell, yes. I slowly began stacking resistances not until act1 Inferno cause that's where the good items with "+to all resis" started to drop for me. Of course you can still get resistances in hell, just saying that you can also do without.

As for the crit builds, I'm really not familiar with those yet, might as well work. Personally, I'm sceptical when there's an item that has "+1-2% critchance" or "+critdamage" instead of dex or attack speed.
Hard to tell honestly, especially since sharpshooter is an integral part of crit builds, yet, it also distorts tooltips - for example, when it is stacked to max any item with +critdamage will show an unreal dps increase as it will take it as 100% critchance.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 06:43   Link #2358
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Lol, these guys would pwn me, but fortunately they are unable to handle the power of doors!
Spoiler:
Until they burst through the doors anyway, which they can and will do (there is an achievement for letting them do so). If they do get stuck on doors, it's more down to luck than anything.

I once ran across a similar Demonic Tremor Elite in Hell with Shielding (FFFFF), Mortar and Molten. Died roughly about 10 times to the guy, until I just said "to hell with it", ran through a door... and found that they got stuck. So I disintegrated them with my attack of love.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 06:44   Link #2359
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Just slowly walking through act1 inferno with my lowly 6900 dps and 4500 armor. Will have to farm here for a long while, as act 2 is going to be impossible with my current gear and multiplayer games make elite mobs such a bitch.

I hate how I no longer get any exp. It makes completing Inferno quests feel pointless, and killing monsters too as long as they continue to drop poop. At least the valor thing causes more yellows.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 06:48   Link #2360
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I have 10,000 DPS on my Wizard going into Act 1 Inferno, and I still find that I need at least 3 hits to kill the lowliest undead. It must've been painful going through Hell with only 6,900 DPS

Oddly though, I breezed through Act IV Hell much easier than Act III, since I managed to save enough gold to upgrade my gear going into Act IV.

Also, it's still funny how I have more trouble dealing with Izual than Diablo

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler