AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-12-06, 18:03   Link #11541
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - Just read your post about the kiss. So a girl initiating it doesn't seem that negative in todays society, but what about IS society? Would the implications just be ignored?
Most girl will act as if nothing happened and social stigma can't do jack (even in I.S.A.), there will be few that hesitate, torn between passion and pride, and that's not taking embarrassment into consideration.

Initiating a kiss is not a problem, for example, pout and close your eyes, get closer to the guys etc. FORCING a kiss however would be ridiculed by fellow girls (= lack of shame & pride).

The guys however will look the kiss as precious, considering they're the victim of social stigma, getting a kiss will be considered lucky charm/ bless. And it will be rare to find guy has strong enough spine to ask for a kiss, unless the couple has reach some kind off mutual agreement and respect.

EDIT: getting into a car, back in ~15-30 minutes
Old 2011-12-06, 18:17   Link #11542
Eratas123

@ Senpai - I'm asking because Karon initiated the kiss in the continuation and he didn't seem all that willing if you can tell by his dialogue. I'll change it if it's too much.

Anyway, does the sexism influence law and politics? I heard that Rin is under her mother's custody simply because she was favored more by her parents. Also, does this mean women can get away with more stuff just because?
Old 2011-12-06, 18:38   Link #11543
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - I'm asking because Karon initiated the kiss in the continuation and he didn't seem all that willing if you can tell by his dialogue. I'll change it if it's too much.
Yeah, he's unwilling, but considering Irish, unwilling = running away or someone getting hurt. Even if he don't push her away, Karon would be able to tell and felt a little horrified. Perhaps a little drama will help?

Quote:
Anyway, does the sexism influence law and politics? I heard that Rin is under her mother's custody simply because she was favored more by her parents. Also, does this mean women can get away with more stuff just because?
Highly probable, but once again it's really depending on the country in question and how much I.S. changed their political stance. Considering Japan's situation (even IRL), female CAN get away with rape, but don't escape the punishment beating the crap out of a guy. Yes, Japan's law is highly variable and ALL factor is considered.

(Also ironic, considering many parents killed/ aborted their DAUGHTER IRL China, which causing the imbalance between gender ratio)
Old 2011-12-06, 18:54   Link #11544
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

@Agex: the 4 Horsemen already appear in the [Kingdom of Ea], just different from yours.
Old 2011-12-06, 19:06   Link #11545
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Same thing happens with Tatenashi in Shadow Only difference is she was drunk so she really had no idea what she was doing and Irish doesn't say anything. Then she finds out when she sees security footage

Japan lets females get away with rape!? O.o What the hell, are you for real!? That's so imbalanced it's ridiculous!
Old 2011-12-06, 19:14   Link #11546
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - Same thing happens with Tatenashi in Shadow Only difference is she was drunk so she really had no idea what she was doing and Irish doesn't say anything. Then she finds out when she sees security footage
I wonder if I was wrong (Mesiter correct me please), but Karon seems to be a romantic, if chaste, girl. She'll realize that Irish was disturbed/ annoyed by her forcing the kiss.

Quote:
Japan lets females get away with rape!? O.o What the hell, are you for real!? That's so imbalanced it's ridiculous!
Of course with tropes like "Rape is Okay if it's female on male", such things happens, just NOT often. Mostly the rapist can get away because the lack of evidence and witnesses (very crucial factor).

Hell, rape are one of the common crimes in Japan, by male and female alike, often goes unnoticed/ unsolved because of this (though mostly due to embarrassment of the victim, rape victim has negative connotation in almost everywhere)... but hell pour upon rapist that has been caught....

(EDIT: seems like the rate of sex-related crime is reduced greatly these days)

And as I said, decades ago until recently, many parents killed their newborn daughter just because they think males are more productive. And now they're faced by the fact that plenty of males can't get married because 'vacant' female are rare.

This make Rin's situation all the more Ironic.
Old 2011-12-06, 19:18   Link #11547
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

another thing about IS Idols: Idols who can enter tournaments and fight. When air moves on stage becoming destructive combos in the arena. Idol training creates a pilot with a unique repertoire of moves, and people pay to see it in action.

As such, the girls pursue what is called [The Beautiful Game.]

@eras: It depends on why she's forcing a kiss. Most likely she's trying to get her feelings across. That even if she gets pushed away she hs no qualms of doing. Its only when it makes the situation worse then she is sad.

A kiss isnt rape and to think of it as such is just being too conservative!
Old 2011-12-06, 20:21   Link #11548
demino_hellsin
That one guy

If there's tongue involved, it's probably gonna be listed as rape if the victim files a case...
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 20:27   Link #11549
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
If there's tongue involved, it's probably gonna be listed as rape if the victim files a case...
By technicality yes, the process not worth the effort thoth,
Old 2011-12-06, 20:56   Link #11550
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
@Agex: the 4 Horsemen already appear in the [Kingdom of Ea], just different from yours.
Based on 4 Horsemen but they are never refer as such.

Somebody in Harbinger has a sense of humor: "Being the strongest Harbinger Drone pilots who cause massive destruction to their enemies, THEY ARE HARBINGERS OF DOOM (to the enemies)!!"

Other Harbinger pilot (Non-Elite):

Jolly Roger
Pirate variation of the original drone! Complete with a cool pirate hat, a hook for a hand and eye-patch. Armed with Cutlass and beam Flintlock.

Mooks: Original drones with bandana and peg-legs armed with Cutlass and beam Flintlock.

Pilot: Cocky and arrogant, she is actually a failed product of the same project that created Laura. She was saved by the Harbingers before being "scrapped" so she "technically own them one".

Currently a Rouge agent of the Harbinger who join them in mission once in a while when she feels like it, in spite of having betray them and stole their prototype technology(A Transforming Drone Carrier) (Another evidence of her cocky and arrogant personality: she is confident enough to take all them down, in events that the Harbinger decide to punish her for her betrayal).
Old 2011-12-06, 21:01   Link #11551
Eratas123

@ Senpai, Meistah and demino_hellsin - Thanks for all the answers I don't consider kissing rape, I'm just being careful since I'm writing from the POV of someone like Irish. He's emotionally fragile and chaste so he overblows things.

@ Senpai and Meistah - Anyway, do you have any idea what people do in a bonfire dance? I saw a bonfire dance but that's about it.
Old 2011-12-06, 21:10   Link #11552
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai, Meistah and demino_hellsin - Thanks for all the answers I don't consider kissing rape, I'm just being careful since I'm writing from the POV of someone like Irish. He's emotionally fragile and chaste so he overblows things.
Yeah, as I told, Irish might be disturbed and annoyed, but no overblown freak out. And unless rule of funny involved somewhat, insisting that forcing a kiss = rape is pointless.

Quote:
@ Senpai and Meistah - Anyway, do you have any idea what people do in a bonfire dance? I saw a bonfire dance but that's about it.
To people holding hands while slowly circling the bonfire while occasionally dance (usually with traditional music as background), it's VERY romantic and heartwarming, not much conversation is thrown, everyone is talking with their expression instead, reaching an understanding.
Old 2011-12-06, 21:15   Link #11553
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

@agex: I'm still researching the Gilgamesh epics for more inspiration, but I did notice some similarities between it and the Old Testament, hence I minted a band of 4 that symbolised the 4 forces of destruction.

The Kingdom of Ea is practically the old Sumerian legend reborn. Their agents bear codenames of the character they resemble, their IS being the embodiment of that character. And their leader is called [Gilgamesh].

@eras I'm not aware of anything else in a traditional bonfire. Anime tends to add wild and wonderful claims to such things, but at the core is the coordinated dances to the beat of a tanko drum.

Ah I completely forgot about Hero TV! Thats a reality tv show where IS are used to fight crime and participants score points towards a season total. Here, an idol ISper has an advantage too.
Old 2011-12-06, 21:16   Link #11554
Eratas123

@ Senpai - I'll just give him post kiss catatonia then. It's the only time he lip locked when the person wasn't in danger so he's really shy about it.

Anyway, the bonfire dance is just moving around, then? Do people have to put anything on or is it just a casual dance? This is where I plan the "drag you out of hell" scene.

@ Meistah - I remember Hero TV Riz and Celeste definitely have the advantage here since they know how to disable opponents compared to Erika and Karon's style of flailing around.
Old 2011-12-06, 21:16   Link #11555
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Ah I completely forgot about Hero TV! Thats a reality tv show where IS are used to fight crime and participants score points towards a season total. Here, an idol ISper has an advantage too.
*Drinks Root beer*

And the crack is piling up again....
Old 2011-12-06, 21:32   Link #11556
Eratas123

@ Senpai and Meistah - What do people usually do in a date in Japan? Dunno if it's dofferent, but anime seems to play it up a lot as something to do with crepes, clothes shopping etc etc.

Furthermore, what exactly is Karon's idea of a date? She's chaste so I don't think the same applies.
Old 2011-12-06, 21:38   Link #11557
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai and Meistah - What do people usually do in a date in Japan? Dunno if it's dofferent, but anime seems to play it up a lot as something to do with crepes, clothes shopping etc etc.
Because that's how they go. Some tried to being unconventional (hiking and exploring forest for example), in the end everything boils down into the same purpose: spending time together with the one you like, privately or not.

Quote:
Furthermore, what exactly is Karon's idea of a date? She's chaste so I don't think the same applies.
Being idol she must've been genre savvy enough, so they'll apply, minus the erotic overtone (no H stuff in ferris wheel for example)
Old 2011-12-06, 21:54   Link #11558
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Okay, what's up with Love Hotels then? It seems to be featured prominently in rom-com anime, but apart from having a heart theme, they don't seem like the type to make people nervous.
Old 2011-12-06, 21:59   Link #11559
demino_hellsin
That one guy

era-chi that is a no-no

The heart theme is for a reason... an adult reason...
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 22:02   Link #11560
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - Okay, what's up with Love Hotels then? It seems to be featured prominently in rom-com anime, but apart from having a heart theme, they don't seem like the type to make people nervous.
Either Karon freak out or being selectively dense and paid no attention to it... or Karon purposefully drag him to... WAIT NO! THAT'S OOC!

And yes love hotels often prominently even in Shonen Romance Comedy (minimum target audience of 10!) for the sake of fun, but very often either a. the characters involved is oblivious or b. too nervous to do anything. With older audiences, they can push it a LIITLE bit but rule of funny still applied.

Oh and sometimes they're forced to enter (either being chased or tailing someone) like the one that will happens in TLR Stratos

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
era-chi that is a no-no

The heart theme is for a reason... an adult reason...
Yes, that's where sex jokes cam from.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest