AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-05, 15:03   Link #1221
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
Don't remind me...Sankaku is such a shitty sensationalist news site.
etc...
You realize, since you insisted on giving details, that those of us who didn't read the story on Sankaku are now going to be stuck with that disgusting image in mind? I really could have done without that, believe me.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 15:26   Link #1222
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
You realize, since you insisted on giving details, that those of us who didn't read the story on Sankaku are now going to be stuck with that disgusting image in mind? I really could have done without that, believe me.

Oh sorry.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 15:32   Link #1223
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

You know, ever since I heard about Noel Gallagher's comments about AKB48 being manufactured, I've pretty much been unable to shake that perspective from my mind. That opening scene where they showed the new girls' promo ad was particularly striking...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 15:41   Link #1224
Kazu-kun

Quote:
BTW. a friend pointed out something..some of the girls from the preview look like certain AKB girls. So they're definitely rivals to the KKS members, I can spot few similarities.

So these are the 76th gen understudies, then? Maybe they had been training in another location until now.

More so, episode 7 is called "Shuumei Kirara". Shuumei means succession, so the understudies may be given the opportunity to succeed in this episode. I suppose you only need to make a kirara glow to be selected, but we know that's easier said than done (specially for Chieri).

We may see some actual rivalry for the first time, and Chieri angsting is a given lol. Looking forward to it.
Old 2012-06-05, 15:55   Link #1225
chaosprophet

Quote:
IDK about the Mayuyu thing...I've never heard her being a big eater like Acchan...the Mayuyu touching Sonana's butt maybe part of her Oshiri personality with Yuko. They both like grabbing members butt....
Wasn't that mayuyu touching the side of Sonata's belly just because a good portion (looking at the speed Sonata ate) of that day food "was" there?

Quote:
BTW. a friend pointed out something..some of the girls from the preview look like certain AKB girls. So they're definitely rivals to the KKS members, I can spot few similarities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
So these are the 76th gen understudies, then? Maybe they had been training in another location until now.
Are we sure the next episode is about rivalry? I still think those girls may be already active successors. Would be interesting to at least get a close on them, even if they don't play an active role in the story.
Old 2012-06-05, 16:02   Link #1226
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Are we sure the next episode is about rivalry? I still think those girls may be already active successors. Would be interesting to at least get a close on them, even if they don't play an active role in the story.
That's a possibility too. It's just that the absence of the 76th gen is a chekhov's gun that needs to be used, and considering the episode title, this may just be the right moment to do it.
Old 2012-06-05, 16:30   Link #1227
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
You know, ever since I heard about Noel Gallagher's comments about AKB48 being manufactured, I've pretty much been unable to shake that perspective from my mind. That opening scene where they showed the new girls' promo ad was particularly striking...
It's not really new that pop music, not just idols are kinda manufactured....so~~ At least Jpop idols aren't at the Kpop idols manufactured level. It's crazy, plastic surgery galore, personality training, they even do this injection thing in their legs to make it look thinner, even TV shows call them things like angels, fairies and goddesses....That post by Noel is actually pretty nice. Was expecting worst comment judging from the way he acted in the past...

Honestly there's nothing wrong with manufactured music. Music is music, if it's catchy, or resound with you and you like it then w/e I listen to all kind of music Ikimonogatari, Mr Children, EXILE, Perfume, Matsushita Yuya, Beni, Koda Kumi, and idols like AKB too. I don't get people looking down on manufactured music...even if someone don't produce their own music or write it, doesn't mean it can't be a good song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Wasn't that mayuyu touching the side of Sonata's belly just because a good portion (looking at the speed Sonata ate) of that day food "was" there?

I think that's their way of inserting a little...Oshiri action..

I'm guessing from the title.
Rivalry--> other KKS members.

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-06-05 at 17:16.
Old 2012-06-05, 17:15   Link #1228
Undertaker

@Haak

Agree with mochichan here. Super plastic surgeries aside, K-Pop idols are incredibly manufactured. Than again the whole Asian Pop industry, especially the idols (female OR MALES) are all manufactured to a degree. Just look at the boy bands under Johnny's banner headed by SMAP and Arashi and that not even get into group like Kinki Kids, Tokio, Johny's Jr, etc.

What AKB really did was that instead of the old stereotype "perfect" idols, they also successfully use the shortcoming of the girls and turn them into moe points (for lack of better term). That's something that Johny's has perfected since SMAP but somehow never really seen in the female side until AKB.

In addition, unlike other female idols, individual or group. They are also really the first group that works from ground up, by doing daily shows in a little theater before working their way into TVs and radios. They got powder faced, pie- tossed, forced to do bungie and sky diving, to eating worms and scorpion, just to raise their profile. Sure they are many things, but the one constant is that the group works incredibally hard especially for the earlier members. I mean even now you continually hearing top members working themselves into exhumations and hopital when they really could have slow down a bit. Which is also why while there are some tabloid here and there, almost none of them are direct at their work ethics or attitudes.
Old 2012-06-05, 18:07   Link #1229
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Anyone else though that the Ota uniforms were actually pretty cool? Badass long-coats and light sabers? HELL YEAH!
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 18:16   Link #1230
mechdra

The girls in the preview could be the other successors as there are less than half of the positions filled.

However, it is not easy to succed certain idol. From the current group, Mayuyu, Takamia and Yukirin did not get a lot of successors compare to Acchan.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 18:25   Link #1231
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Well... Mayuyu's a cyborg... I don't think that counts. She's a MK3 though...
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 19:08   Link #1232
mochichan

and it's pretty hard to succeed a cyborg..:P
Takamina might be hard too. It's hard to have leadership quality and Takamina is such a boss <3
Old 2012-06-05, 19:18   Link #1233
Random Wanderer

Quote:
and it's pretty hard to succeed a cyborg..:P
Takamina might be hard too. It's hard to have leadership quality and Takamina is such a boss <3
Don't worry! Some tragedy will happen at the end of the first season, and most of the successors will be killed off so the series' creators can show how "serious" a show it is. Then our trainess will have to spend the second season trying to fill their senpais' shoes while overcoming the trauma of losing them, etc. etc. I'm sure someone will have to step into Takamina's position then.

...Or maybe we'll be lucky and that won't happen. I'll be hoping for everyone to survive.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 19:19   Link #1234
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youtube
The AKB48 General Election: Vote counting and the final winner's speech. Live at 4:20 PM today.
Okay, what the heck is going on in Youtube?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 20:10   Link #1235
mochichan

LOL ..that sound kinda like Manatsu no Sounds Good PV storyline...that actually a plausible turn the storyline can take...idk how the fans can handle their girls being kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Okay, what the heck is going on in Youtube?

Oh didn't know it's being advertised too.
It's AKB senbatsu election.
They hold it yearly. It's today. It basically determine the ranking of the girls and w/e the result, the higher the ranking, the more promotion the girl get so it's kinda a serious event. Even if you're not fan, it's almost like an enjoyable sporting event...at least that's what it seem like from FujiTV ads
Youtube, Google+, and TV stations and movie theaters are airing it. Google sponsoring is adding english ver to the live stream too. AKB is like one of the few Japanese act actually reaching out to foreign fans....

Spoiler for election:

here's the full event of last year election btw with eng sub for you to get the idea.
http://vid48.com/watch_video.php?v=671UK8N6WUM2

the stream event is here but it hasn't started yet.

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-06-05 at 20:25.
Old 2012-06-05, 20:21   Link #1236
sa547
*Author

Quote:
I wonder if Gallagher also made a similar comment about the Spice Girls in the past; it's probably his prejudices kicking in upon his appearance on Music Japan.

Anyway, Oasis got sunk after the Gallagher siblings started bickering at each other.
Old 2012-06-05, 20:27   Link #1237
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
The girls in the preview could be the other successors as there are less than half of the positions filled.

However, it is not easy to succed certain idol. From the current group, Mayuyu, Takamia and Yukirin did not get a lot of successors compare to Acchan.
I wish the series would at least tell us how many original AKB members there are in it's universe = how many names can be inherited at the same time.

If it's a big number like, all currently active AKB members from all teams then it would be around 64?
Old 2012-06-05, 21:25   Link #1238
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
My reaction was, "Thanks for stating the obvious, Noel." The first time I heard what "AKB48" stood for, I knew this was something put together by a savvy promoter. It's still better than Britney Spears or Kesha.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 21:44   Link #1239
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
GodDAMN you Sankaku Complex. Because of you, every time I hear "handshaking event" I think of THAT. GODDAMN YOU TO HELL!!!
Ah~... I think I've heard of it before, but I never read about it. What happened again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Anyone else though that the Ota uniforms were actually pretty cool? Badass long-coats and light sabers? HELL YEAH!
The coats actually exist too! Σr(‘Д‘n)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 21:59   Link #1240
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ah~... I think I've heard of it before, but I never read about it. What happened again?
It's an incident involving another idol group, in which a hater allegedly smothered some body fluid onto his palm before attempting to make a handshake with one of its members.

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime