AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-18, 15:56   Link #1
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

To Heart 2 (TV)

So, well, let's see. While I support the fansubbers to bring out episodes as fast as life allows, this thread seemingly needs to be brought back from the dead, and start anew. While I, a very crazy nosebleeder, should have done my own backup of my posts, I'll have to put that behind me and just focus on the future. You all knew me as a nosebleeder, as a moe melter, and a just plane crazy guy. While all those memories are gone on paper, nothing inside me changes, and I look forward to being the nosebleeding, moe melting, crazed maniac and breath life unto this new thread.

Now, I'd like to post my summary of episode 11...but in a bit....
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 16:03   Link #2
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Episode 11 eh? Heh, still on ep3 subs, so can't comment much. Liking the series, though ToHeart is higher on my list currently at this point. Maybe later episodes of ToHeart 2 will change my mind and it will knock ToHeart into second place, who knows

I have to say I'm loving the character design for Lucy/ Ruka, she is uber-kawaii. But hey, I've got a serious thing for characters with long hair in those certain grey-purple-pink shades (Nanami in Lamune, Alice in DC:SS, Lumiere in Kiddy Grade, Kuki-Sama in Raimuiro Senkitan, Azmaria in Chrno Crusade, etc. etc. ).

Last edited by Radiosity; 2005-12-18 at 17:07.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 16:06   Link #3
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Actually I'm somewhat grateful this incident happened, if it wasn't for the week long break from Animesuki I wouldn't have finally sat down to watch Ep 01 of To heart 2 and a few other animes I never got around too just because I prefered to sometimes read about them. Some good came out of this for someone I guess.
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 16:10   Link #4
mangatron

yeah, you know, when the forum went down, it actually had me sit down and think things thoroughly. I'm not saying I'm glad it went down, but, I feel changed, and with To Heart 2 being 12, 13 eps I'm interested to have new veiwers come in here and feel free to talk about the subs.
Old 2005-12-18, 17:43   Link #5
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
Episode 11 eh? Heh, still on ep3 subs, so can't comment much. Liking the series, though ToHeart is higher on my list currently at this point. Maybe later episodes of ToHeart 2 will change my mind and it will knock ToHeart into second place, who knows

I have to say I'm loving the character design for Lucy/ Ruka, she is uber-kawaii. But hey, I've got a serious thing for characters with long hair in those certain grey-purple-pink shades (Nanami in Lamune, Alice in DC:SS, Lumiere in Kiddy Grade, Kuki-Sama in Raimuiro Senkitan, Azmaria in Chrno Crusade, etc. etc. ).
Yeah, I'm stuck back on ep 3 with the rest of the Japanese-impaired too, and Ruuko's also the one I'm looking forward to seeing the most. I agree there's just something about purple-pink hair I'm glad this is taking after the original To Heart as far as the pacing and atmosphere go, but I think it'll be really hard for To Heart 2 to improve on the original. The original's one of my favorite anime series, and from what I've seen so far Hiroyuki was a much stronger lead character than Takaki--so far Takaki (or Takagi?) just seems kind of generic. Not to mention from ep 2 he really, really sucks at hide and seek. Hiroyuki at least had some more personality.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 18:38   Link #6
ctrl-z
Un Nuovo Mondo

Everybody knows that ToHeart is simply an excuse to parade Tamaki around ;D! But seriously, the funky chronology is kinda neat.
ctrl-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 18:46   Link #7
bluemist
i am the mist

Speaking of the chronology:

Spoiler for Timeline (ep. 1-7):

The succeeding episodes already come chronologically, so there's no point in adding them.
Old 2005-12-19, 09:04   Link #8
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Oh well, at least Ep 4 sub is finally out.
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 09:28   Link #9
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Eh?! It is?

/me runs off at warp factor 9 to grab the torrent...

Need more Ruka.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 11:37   Link #10
DaFool
Resident devil

I like this show, it gives the Aria~esque slice-of-life-is-good feeling. Don't ask, it just does.

The last time they had a singular girl focus per ep was when I watched Seraphim Call, and that was on VHS...yup, a long time ago.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 13:27   Link #11
Greenish Growth

Could someone please explain what Tamaki was talking about at the end of episode eleven?

I've been wondering what she said for the past six days.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 14:10   Link #12
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
The show has been decent so far. In any case I can say without a doubt after watching eleven episodes that Karen herself is my favorite in the anime. Something about her just works and she's attractive too. I also am fond of Manaka to be honest.
Old 2005-12-19, 15:02   Link #13
am1n

Is there some wallpaper of to heart2 ?
I love this seifuku
am1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 19:35   Link #14
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth
Could someone please explain what Tamaki was talking about at the end of episode eleven?

I've been wondering what she said for the past six days.
Spoiler for Episode 11:
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 23:11   Link #15
mangatron

I thought it would be best to let you all know that there won't be any To Heart today, as on the 24th they'll treat us to a Compliation Special of some sort, followed by Episode 12 on the 31st. Now, hopefully fansubbers can give you all a nice boost while the broadcast is off for a few. Hmm, a 2 week total from 11 to 12....

On a side note, I'm expecting some kit building materials, and yes, the girls of To Heart 2 have crossed my mind...although there are already resin kits of some of the girls. Decisions, decisions....
Old 2005-12-20, 04:39   Link #16
mangatron

Uhm, actually, lol, correction. I was looking at the wrong schedule the compilation special actually aired yesterday, yee glad I double checked or else I would've missed a great opportunity.

Corrections are:
Special Compilation: Yesterday
Episode 12: December 26
Episode 13: January 02

Now about the special compilation, it was basically a rundown of the episode of each of the girls. ie, we begin with Konomi's episode, then Tama-nee, Manaka, etc all into a nice 24+ minute special. Boring you say? Well, it wouldn't be called "special" for nothing. The glorious side of this whole special: The VA's for Konomi and Tama-nee were narrating the special as if they were watching the To Heart 2 anime it sounded awefully hilarious for Konomi to be watching herself in action, notable parts of the VA's are Konomi's and Tama-nee's reaction to seeing Takaki's hand on Karen's.....you know also, I think the part I laughed most of all was their reaction to Sango's kiss with Takaki lol that was major LOL right there, especially when Tama-nee was dazed afterward.

So we do get a preview of episode 12, this time again a Konomi episode. heh....can't decide between ribbon haired Konomi or bedtime haired Konomi
Old 2005-12-20, 05:22   Link #17
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Only two episodes left... It seems they don't plan to go the good parts of the story... A bit dissapointing since there is enough content in a any girl's path to pull a 5-6 episodes each.

I will curse the animation studio if they plan to leave Yuuki and Sasara out of the show >.< *brandishes cursed doll and nail*
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 12:02   Link #18
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

For some reason, I get stunned by ToHeart uniforms.

I once saw a doujinshi with Manaka in the cover and I just melted. Knowing about her backstory in episode 3 and certain blogs, I've decided have got to get myself the game to know more about Iincho. I think I'm in love.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 18:53   Link #19
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil
Oh well, at least Ep 4 sub is finally out.
Really? Cool!
*rushes to get it*

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1n
Is there some wallpaper of to heart2 ?
I love this seifuku
Seconded! Their seifuku are just soo hot... <3

My favourite this far is Karin Sasamori, she's just too cute <3

(click for bigger pic)
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 20:08   Link #20
Greenish Growth

Every English site I see lists To Heart 2 as being thirteen episodes long. I'm disappointed that the apparent second to last episode is a compliation episode.

EDIT:

The compliation episode doesn't count right? So there's still two episodes left? ?(^_^)?
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquaplus, bishoujo, leaf, olm, romance, school life, slice of life