AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-06-30, 12:12   Link #921
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Ah poor America The part btwn England and the Alien was great, plus the fact that America was clueless. XD
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 19:21   Link #922
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Well there's a trailer from Anime Expo with the dub voices floating around the web, good luck at picking out the voices though.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 18:55   Link #923
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
FUCK YEAH
THAT'S FUCKING AWESOME!!!! (Though I could barely understand the cacophonic mess, what I could pick up managed to completely blow my mind. I'm getting this, goddamnit I'm getting this.)
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 10:05   Link #924
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

And some official announcements about the cast here, the five allies and the 3 axis will be announced in the coming days it seems.
Old 2010-07-09, 06:16   Link #925
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Ah poor America The part btwn England and the Alien was great, plus the fact that America was clueless. XD
haha, this bit is hilarious. America, you're so oblivious!

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 16:35   Link #926
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

And we have a full trailer now with the English voices for those who were curious (better quality than the last one I swear!).
Old 2010-07-16, 18:59   Link #927
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
And we have a full trailer now with the English voices for those who were curious (better quality than the last one I swear!).
I'm getting this, it's awesome.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 22:05   Link #928
Yushi

Wow...I'm...I'm actually quite impressed with the dub...and this has NEVER happened before. I especially love how they got voice actors with accents that correspond with the country...And Italy sounds SO cute!!
Yushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 14:17   Link #929
yoropa
Director

I'm really mixed on the dub. I like the voices and I like some of the changes they made, but some of the jokes they're inserting are very much pushing it. You probably already heard of Funi's addition of Jew jokes said by Germany. The show purposefully did not mention anything remotely related to Nazis. Heck, in the webcomic, I saw one swastika and that was as far as it went. The reason of course is that people still are very much attached and affected by this issue. You can talk about the War of Austrian Succession safely without people getting emotionally aroused, but when it comes to World War II, you need to tread extremely carefully.

The reason the Korean conflict happened is because the show dealt with unresolved issues that people are still strongly emotionally attached to. A depiction of Korea, especially in the context of a land conflict, will stir up a lot of feelings, especially given how unresolved the issue of the Korean occupation is, even to this day. Now the issue between Germany and Jews still is painful, but at least it's been resolved, so it's not as bad as the Korea-Japan conflicts, but the point remains: The original show purposefully left out references to Jews, and the dub has added it.

Furthermore, the dub also added black jokes, something not even close to being mentioned in the show. Not many picked up on it, but I did because y'know, I live in the sort of area for that. Now I'm not offended to the point of "This is too much" but it did raise eyebrows for me, especially given how these were purely dub additions.

So I'm just mixed on the dub. I wish I could have the voices but without all the script changes.
yoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 13:13   Link #930
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
I can't believe that in this day and age, Funimation would change the script at all, much less so extensively. And they actually ADDED Jew jokes by Germany and black jokes? Are they out of their minds???

Last edited by drobertbaker; 2010-08-07 at 04:59.
drobertbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 23:57   Link #931
yoropa
Director

I'm now extensively worried about how they'll deal with Egypt. Egypt doesn't say anything and only appears in one scene, but of course Italy tries to invade Egypt. If they equate Egypt to terrorism (which I'm afraid will happen) I'm not going to buy the dub.
yoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 12:23   Link #932
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Canon drawings of the main guys as girls, genderbending ftw

- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 17:57   Link #933
Chuumi

Russia looks absolutely adorable as a girl, especially with that little Matryoshka.

I just finished watching the 72 episodes of Hetalia, and I'm glad I finally caught up started watching it. Can't say I find it hilarious, but every episode has at least made me smile, so it's a nice watch. Besides, with all the fanart, AMVs etc, I really felt like I was missing out on the fun . I like most of the characters, but my favourites are Italia, Japan and Canada... who? It was fun seeing Sweden, even though the impression I have on my neighbours is completely different. I have always viewed Swedes as fun and cheerful people, definitely not as scary and serious . I look forward to seeing Norway (and Denmark) in the next season!
Old 2010-09-13, 19:41   Link #934
killersaint
FMPtard

i'm totally buying this. it's like getting an abridged version along with the original XD

oh god... offensive stereotype jokes FTW. Iggy's VA FTL

EDIT: ha ha! dude, Manju, ya got any links to bigger pics? (thank you, btw. i have been looking forever for full nyotalia designs for cosplay purposes)
killersaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 02:18   Link #935
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Episodes 1-4 of the english dub have been up on youtube for awhile now, thanks to FUNimation's YouTube Channel.
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 08:59   Link #936
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirou Emiya View Post
Episodes 1-4 of the english dub have been up on youtube for awhile now, thanks to FUNimation's YouTube Channel.
I've watched the dubbed version, and it's absolute shit.

I don't know what with the english voice actors, but the way they say them makes the lines less funny and more racist/offensive, like all of the parody was sucked out of them.
Old 2010-09-14, 14:21   Link #937
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
The dub track is purposely vulgar and offensive....Bevins later noted that during the recording process, there was a lot of ad libbing, and said he would just say more and more offensive things until the director asked him to reign it in.
Old 2010-09-14, 16:48   Link #938
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I've watched the dubbed version, and it's absolute shit.

I don't know what with the english voice actors, but the way they say them makes the lines less funny and more racist/offensive, like all of the parody was sucked out of them.
I liked the dub, and no I have not seen the sub, and probably never will.
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 17:55   Link #939
alliedwonders

Hey, if anyone is in the Texas or surrounding areas and wants to attend a Hetalia photoshoot on October 15th - 17th, you should sign up here!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php...38979096131345

or send an e-mail to Texashetalia@yahoo.com :3

please invite your friends! It will be good fun~
alliedwonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 02:38   Link #940
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I still don't like it, regardless.

Tags
comedy