4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-08-23, 19:30   Link #121
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Not much to say, other than another great episode. The fan service from Hitagi to Koyomi was very funny. Also Koyomi's reaction to Kanbaru being a lesbian was funny. I wonder how are they going to get rid off this oddity? I'm really looking forward to next episode.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 19:38   Link #122
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
things that were understandably left out of the anime adaptation.
They'll probably explain that in the next episode.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 20:45   Link #123
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Araragi cant really complain all that much about getting beat i mean he heals fast and he got some service out of it lol. What a great way to cheer your man up when hes beaten down.
I'm sure there are still factors worth complaining about, namely pain.

When Senjougahara threatens him with a pen in front of his eyeball back in episode 6 is one perfect example. Despite his heightened healing ability, Araragi is still human who can bleed and break just like the rest of us.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 20:52   Link #124
christianbelouve

A sidetrack question.
I wonder whether Shinobu have any relationship with Koyomi, whether Shinobu is something that Meme build up using the vampire essence he has extracted from Koyomi
christianbelouve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 20:55   Link #125
solomon

Question;

Spoiler for Plot point/conversation:

Also this is probably the second best role I have heard Takahiro Sakurai in aside from his work in Mononoke.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 21:02   Link #126
aulzon

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Question;

Spoiler for Plot point/conversation:

Also this is probably the second best role I have heard Takahiro Sakurai in aside from his work in Mononoke.
It's the whole issue of purity. Kanbaru probably wants to keep Senjougahara (her idol and love interest) pure but she herself has no problems with being unpure.

It's sort of like Otakus or idol worshipers in Japan and their idols. They would love for their idols to be pure but find nothing wrong with getting down. At least that is my take.
aulzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 21:06   Link #127
solomon

Yea, that's about the only thing I could think of aside from having the line just for shock value's sake and the series is nowhere near that indulgent or petty.
Old 2009-08-23, 21:10   Link #128
aulzon

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Yea, that's about the only thing I could think of aside from having the line just for shock value's sake and the series is nowhere near that indulgent or petty.
It could also be a trap. Knowing Senjougahara's personality, an affair or mistress would result in lost extremities and possible torture.

Also it could be Kanbaru wanting to test whether he's in it for the skin or really does like Senjougahara.
aulzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 21:17   Link #129
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulzon View Post
Also it could be Kanbaru wanting to test whether he's in it for the skin or really does like Senjougahara.
I don't think Kanbaru is testing Ararararararagi (lol) like that. I think it just comes down to simple jealousy, an immature kind at that.
Old 2009-08-23, 21:25   Link #130
Ninjacat

Location: In the frozen wastes of the Province of Quebec, Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aulzon View Post
It's the whole issue of purity. Kanbaru probably wants to keep Senjougahara (her idol and love interest) pure but she herself has no problems with being unpure.

It's sort of like Otakus or idol worshipers in Japan and their idols. They would love for their idols to be pure but find nothing wrong with getting down. At least that is my take.
There's also the possibility that Kanbaru might be somewhat bisexual. She may be only able to see women in a romantic light while having no problem with hitting the sack with a guy. Yeah, she's labelling herself as a lesbian, but there's the precedent of Hitagi labelling herself as an tsundere with quite a bit of inacuracy...

But mostly she was trying to pull Koyomi away from Senjougahara.

That arc is interesting, it's the first time we see an actively malevolent oddity on-screen. Araragi's dealings with a vampire is treated more as background...
Ninjacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 21:30   Link #131
solomon

I like that, it makes the show much more interesting in my opinon. I think they may up the ante in supernatural focus later (probably as some sort of climax mechanism, but I hope they don't go all DBZish like in the avant of the first ep, that'd be too trite).
Old 2009-08-23, 21:31   Link #132
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjacat View Post
Yeah, I think that was her main objective.
Old 2009-08-23, 23:14   Link #133
christianbelouve

Quote:
For keeping Hitagi's image always pure and perfect like in middle school?
christianbelouve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 23:23   Link #134
Ninjacat

Location: In the frozen wastes of the Province of Quebec, Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianbelouve View Post
For keeping Hitagi's image always pure and perfect like in middle school?
And the desperate hope Hitagi would suddenly decide to hook up with her, yeah. Of course we know it's impossible, but people do weird things for love. Especially unstable 16 year olds...

But hey! I'm not the author. I may be cmpletely wrong!
Ninjacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 00:38   Link #135
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
And the desperate hope Hitagi would suddenly decide to hook up with her, yeah. Of course we know it's impossible, but people do weird things for love. Especially unstable 16 year olds...

But hey! I'm not the author. I may be cmpletely wrong!

I agree. I think that Kanbaru's hope is that she could steal Araragi from Hitagi, for the sole purpose of making Araragi and Hitagi break up with one another.

Then... later on... Kanbaru would swoop back in and try to recapture a signal Hitagi.

An alternate theory is that this was Kanbaru's way of testing Araragi. She didn't want anybody unfaithful to be with her beloved Hitagi - if Kanbaru couldn't have Hitagi herself, then whoever did have Hitagi should at least be somebody good and decent and faithful, in Kanbaru's mind. Going by the alternate theory, Araragi's rejection of Kanbaru's advances actually cements, in Kanbaru's mind, Araragi as a decent boyfriend for Hitagi. If, OTOH, Araragi had accepted Kanbaru's advances, then I think Kanbaru would have done everything in her power to tear him away from Hitagi.
Old 2009-08-24, 06:22   Link #136
Reekon

I've been thinking about Senjougahara's reason for falling in-love with Araragi, since a few days already.

As somebody already mentioned, isn't it just luck on Araragi's side, if you compare him with Kanbaru?

1.) He has fast healing powers, which Kanbaru doesn't, so he doesn't mind Hitagi's attacks.

2.) He knows Meme, so he definitely has the edge that he knows how to cure Hitagi, not like Kanbaru

=====================

So in this case, it does just seems luck, instead of a real trait of Araragi, as to why Hitagi falls in-debted and in-love with him.

=====================

But then on the other hand, I also thought of the following:

1.) Anyone, especially a stranger, would have been offended by Hitagi's attack. So even if Araragi knew how to cure her, he could have just as easily decided NOT to help her simply out of spite/revenge.

2.) As Hitagi mentioned, Araragi helps everyone. And this is one of the reasons she likes him. They could have just left Mayoi alone, since Meme already said, that that is the solution for "snail" oddities. But no, Araragi persistently helped her, moreso despite Mayoi fighting/biting him.

3.) He seems to have passed Hitagi's "tests" (sexual favors), and even Kanbaru's "test" (offer herself up), so if you think about it he does have some credibility/integrity.

4.) Hitagi enjoys talking with him. (He challenges and "completes" her.)

=====================

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that, luck may have given Araragi some edge. But it was his decisions, his traits, his persistence to help, all of him-being-him that (probably) made Hitagi fall in love with him.
Reekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 06:46   Link #137
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reekon View Post
1.) He has fast healing powers, which Kanbaru doesn't, so he doesn't mind Hitagi's attacks.
Of course he would mind, he would still feel the pain despite his fast healing ability. That's not something i'd be happy with.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 06:52   Link #138
Reekon

^ Sorry, I wrote that first item to highlight how other people seem to take lightly Hitagi's attack simply because Araragi had healing powers.

And I missed to include the "pain" aspect in the counter-arguments. ;-)

True, he may have healing powers, but like you said due to the pain/annoyance of Hitagi's attack. He indeed would have said "no" to helping her (if he wanted to).
Reekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 07:39   Link #139
Pachael
原作通り

Series so far seems to be one on perspective, and the producers seem to be trying to stretch even that out.
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 07:57   Link #140
Westlo
Lets be reality

Maybe Kanbaru is trying to see if Koyomi is up for a threesome!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote