AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

Old 2007-08-13, 03:04   Link #201
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

so true onizuka-gto so true. It is a bit (please exaggerate a bit) overdone. But still reading Sushi's summary up to volume 7 the novels do seem better then the anime. Plus Saito could score like hell if he wanted to so i guess that's why he stayed.

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 20:22   Link #202
Pengu

Is it just me who can't stand the main female character?
I do like the show and because of all the side character it's pretty nice and fun.
But I have never seen so many attributes in girl/woman that I totally despise.

She is extremly selfish, treats Saito like dirt and most other people around her.
She never says thank you, she is a spoiled brat. She tells Saito to get lost when it suits her then she is angry with him for not being there for her.
A more annoying person is damn hard to find I can't for the world understand
why Saito just puts up with all the abuse he gets 24/7.
Anyone of the female characters are better than her and I truly despise her.

Sure, I can see there is comedy, but it makes no sense having Saito being the worst wuss in the milky way.
Pengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 21:05   Link #203
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengu View Post
I do like the show and because of all the side character it's pretty nice and fun.

She is extremly selfish, treats Saito like dirt and most other people around her.
She never says thank you, she is a spoiled brat. She tells Saito to get lost when it suits her then she is angry with him for not being there for her.

Sure, I can see there is comedy, but it makes no sense having Saito being the worst wuss in the milky way.
Believe me, you are very much NOT the only one. There are plenty of people that find her violence incredibly horrid. There are some people that just hate how cruel she is in the anime, but there are also quite a number of people that can't stand her in the novel either. There are a couple of people I talked to a while back, but they told me how the way she acts in the novel was already too much.
Though they were Tabitha fans and I was Siesta's.
Which doesn't matter, as we all were fed up with Louise.
So yeah, it isn't just you. At the most, Louise is just looks. Inside? Probably ranks high on the worst heroines list.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 02:38   Link #204
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I cant stand Siesta personally. So it is all the matter of taste. And Louise is better in the novels, specially when the story progresses. Those who hate her in the novels probably never read past the third volume or something. You may not like her but she is not as bad in there.

In anime I can't stand Louise as well, but in novels she is a different matter, so I do not know where you come from with this.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 12:22   Link #205
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Those who hate her in the novels probably never read past the third volume or something. You may not like her but she is not as bad in there.
Unfortunately, that logic doesn't work. They definitely read past volume 3... In fact, they are following it currently (in other words, they have read the newest volume already), yet they still all hate Louise... so... Yeah. And I've also read them all, but I can't say I like Louise either.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-04-09, 22:38   Link #206
Darknemo2000

I never said that you would like her, I am saying that her character is better than in the anime (don]t know about manga since I don't read it - artwork is too awful). Well they can hate on whenever they can, its everyones freedom, there are people who despise Siesta or Tabitha so no wonder that there are people who do not like Louise either. What I am saying that Louise character is greatly improved compared to anime. In the novels Louise really horrible is in the first few volumes then her character starts improving, its juts some people cannot break through their prejudice to see that.
Old 2009-04-18, 00:13   Link #207
qwertyuiopz

not impressed!
Spoiler for :
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 21:49   Link #208
Strike Chaos

I found out what ロバ・アル・カリイエ means. It means Roba El Khaliyeh which translates to empty space which kinda fits. It's a real place and is within H. P. Lovecrafts works such as History of the Necronomicon and is supposed to be some kinda evil place.
Strike Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 05:02   Link #209
Seitsuki
Onee!

the anime does overdo it a bit with Saito getting blown up at least once or twice every episode, but still thats no reason to hate Louise. its the way she was brought up, sure it doesnt excuse her but it at least shows why she acts that way. tho i long ago gave up trying to ship anything.
@ qwertyuiopz: that event was done a lot better in the light novels: more melodramatic than just a quick move to a chest shot. give the novels a go and you're views might hopefully change
Old 2009-05-30, 02:56   Link #210
Soda Pop

rofl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
What if Saito turns out to be a homosexual at the end and gets with the old headmaster. Now that would be a twist. Then Siesta and Louise could get together and comfort each other...and they sloiwly start to kiss, Siesta then lays Louise down by the fireplace and starts to massage her breast.

"Oh, don't touch there.." says Louise and Siesta rubs her nipples.....excuse me for a moment, I just got iin my own fantasy world.
o.0 zero no tsukaima has ecchi parts, but thats not ecchi, its hentai -_-.......

btw, i reckon the series 2 opening music is the best out of all 3. who agrees? ^^

Last edited by Soda Pop; 2009-05-30 at 03:01. Reason: wanted to add more information
Soda Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 03:05   Link #211
Soda Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengu View Post

sorry for double-posting (dont know how to reply to 2 posts in the same post) but i reckon thats one of the main reason y everyone loves the show. lol i remember in series 3, i think it was the first episode, where Louise put weird purple glasses on Saito, and whenever Saito perved, he got attacked by Louise, and he got attacked like a million times and it looked funny =D
Soda Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 05:39   Link #212
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda Pop View Post
but i reckon thats one of the main reason y everyone loves the show.
Just need to chime in on this, but
NO-WAY-AT-ALL

Old 2009-05-30, 06:05   Link #213
Darknemo2000

Are you sure? Louise is the most popular girl of ZnT after all, beating Siesta or Henrietta by quite a big gap in voting polls, so I would guess she is not the last reason why some poeple are attracted to the show.
Old 2009-05-30, 07:16   Link #214
Hubb

I kind of agree; I like novel Louise far more than anime Louise, but that goes for Siesta too.

Whenever I watch the show I just try to brain wash myself into thinking that they are one in the same. After-all the only character I like just as much in the anime as I do the novels is Henrietta.
Hubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 11:26   Link #215
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Are you sure? Louise is the most popular girl of ZnT after all, beating Siesta or Henrietta by quite a big gap in voting polls, so I would guess she is not the last reason why some poeple are attracted to the show.
For one thing, I disagreed because he/she said "everyone".

Also, liking Louise is understandable (somewhat) to me if you are talking about her novel version, but it seems Soda Pop is talking about how everyone loves the fact Louise is selfish and violent and etc, etc. (refer to Pengu's post). And if I remember correctly, I don't think even you, who likes Louise, likes her anime version's violent nature, right?

Old 2009-05-31, 15:09   Link #216
rg4619

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Also, liking Louise is understandable (somewhat) to me if you are talking about her novel version, but it seems Soda Pop is talking about how everyone loves the fact Louise is selfish and violent and etc, etc. (refer to Pengu's post).
If he's referring to fans of the anime, he might not be far from the truth. Those who continue to love the series can't get enough of violent/selfish/static Louise (and from their perspective, the plot doesn't matter so much - it's just a vehicle to depict the Louise they love), and the producers have capitalized on that fact.

Like it or not, there's a fairly dedicated fanbase. I assume that if Season 4 were to be commissioned, they'd go with the same formula, regardless of which studio or team they contract.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, sequel, shounen, tsundere