AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-04-06, 13:31   Link #13061
Lupus753

Shonen manga (and comics in general) are well-known for stretching things out looooong after the climax has already passed. This is by no means universal, but it makes things hard to guess.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 15:47   Link #13062
Wolfenstein

What I meant is if there's any official statement on that yet.
Old 2013-04-07, 05:54   Link #13063
Thth
???

Chapter is out.
Thth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 09:50   Link #13064
Grey

I really liked the last two chapters. Very nostalgic seeing all the old faces again like this. Medaka pulling out Anshin'in's skills was awesome. And Perv #0 using his only action time to pull her skirt down right after made me laugh.

And that #04 flower.... Darn you, Nisio, crushing my hopes. Then again, he could twist it again next chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickie7 View Post
Spoiler for guess:
That...would be so much like Kumagawa. I can see it now: a sentimental conversation, then "whoops, over the time limit! You're stuck here, Medaka. Hahahahaha!" It would be just like when he tried to screw everyone at the end of the Clock Tower game. And since the last two chapters set up a "and life continues on" epilogue vibe, Nisio could still end the series with it too.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 10:32   Link #13065
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
That...would be so much like Kumagawa. I can see it now: a sentimental conversation, then "whoops, over the time limit! You're stuck here, Medaka. Hahahahaha!" It would be just like when he tried to screw everyone at the end of the Clock Tower game. And since the last two chapters set up a "and life continues on" epilogue vibe, Nisio could still end the series with it too.
Hm, fair enough, but I can't buy into it -- because that would mean Kumagawa won at something. He cannot win at anything. He's a loser. The most unfortunate person in the world that you can look at and say, "At least my life is more fortunate than him.."

Him winning even once would ruin it!
Old 2013-04-07, 10:35   Link #13066
Homura7

Plus he already won at something. Kumagawa achieved his greatest desire and he no longer feels himself like a sore loser.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 10:41   Link #13067
Grey

Looking again, the skills Medaka has listed don't look like skills Anshin'in used. Maybe she picked them up from everywhere. Like when fighting War-gold and meeting aliens. Skill collecting like Ajimu?
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 15:13   Link #13068
DawnEmperor

Heh, guess it's not surprising. Regardless of the sorting algorithm of evil, Kumagawa is faced at the end(and one on one). Well I hope they don't just repeat the brawl they had at the end of the minus arc.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 18:39   Link #13069
Wolfenstein

I'm kinda saddened by this rushed wrap-up, though. There are so many loose ends that should be adressed, but aren't going to
Old 2013-04-07, 20:22   Link #13070
Kinali

Spoiler for rankings:
Kinali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 20:44   Link #13071
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Time to end Medaka Box and go with the Kumagawa spinoff.
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 20:59   Link #13072
chidorimen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
Time to end Medaka Box and go with the Kumagawa spinoff.
Kumagawa goes to college! He makes his crappy grades and the minimum requirements for admission nothing so they have to let him in lol
chidorimen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 22:44   Link #13073
orangejuicetang

On a more serious note, I wonder if there actually will be a Kumagawa manga spinoff, since in the graduation speech chapter Kumagawa says "Oh! Even though I'm graduating high school, it's not like I'm graduating from Shounen Jump."

Which might be the kind of meta advertisement that characterizes Kumagawa, or might be a random troll.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 00:41   Link #13074
Lupus753

My preferred spin-off would be Zen and Medaka: The Marriage Years. There will be cross-generational angst (such as a child living up to their mother) and other stuff. Also, it's a visual novel. And Deadpool is there.

Or perhaps Kujira and Namanie's Excellent Adventure, which is just as likely to happen.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 00:57   Link #13075
Kinali

Why do I feel like Nisio is playing with Kumagawa and Zenkichi? About everybody likes Kumagawa I mean he's a great character and badass. Even though he's known for losing in Medaka box he's that type of character everybody is rooting for and usually tends to win in the end. Zenkichi on the other hand is the character you love and hate but he's a key character that has been there from the beginning so fans expect(or want) him to win.

I bet he knows about the shipping wars and is planning on nobody being with Medaka. Because lets face it. Fans see it as winning if their favorite character gets with the main character.

Zenkichi is one my favorite characters but I prefer ZenkichixEmukae. Am I one of the few?. Kumagawa is also one of my favorite characters but I prefer him with Ajimu. But if I had to choose someone for Medaka between Zen and Kumagawa. I have to choose Kumagawa just slightly.

I'm sorry if I start another shipping argument because that is not my intention. I'm just wondering if anybody else also thinks he's toying with them?
Kinali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 02:02   Link #13076
Thth
???

2 wasted chapters considering we are close to wrap-up. If all of them were going to be off-paneled anyway, the entire off-paneling could have been finished in one chapter...
Thth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 07:49   Link #13077
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinali View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
WHich I have a feeling is a ruse too, since Ikihiko hinted that she will be back soon.
Well hinted is good he outright said it lol.

The messege could for example be turn around or something like that. Otherwise I'd have to ask myself why Kumagawa has Ajimu's rose and not Zenkichi

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 10:12   Link #13078
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
WHich I have a feeling is a ruse too, since Ikihiko hinted that she will be back soon.
Well hinted is good he outright said it lol.
I wonder if that'd mean Prof Fukurou is back too.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 09:31   Link #13079
zigantz22

Spoiler for Chapter 190 full spoilers:

Spoiler for reaction:
zigantz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 09:57   Link #13080
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

I'm laughing so hard at the spoilers, Nisio keeps being Nisio despite everything. Just how random can this series get?
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council