AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-07-03, 12:27   Link #21
HandofFate

Freaky 1st episode.
I read a few manga chapters a while back, so wasn't sure if I would be interested in the anime.

I'm not really into ghouls or zombies in the first place, but the premise is interesting.
And Toka is pretty.

Too bad about the intense censoring though.
Old 2014-07-03, 12:28   Link #22
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Spoiler for Episode 1:

Spoiler for 1:
Old 2014-07-03, 12:29   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was pretty great. I haven't seen such a gory and horrific anime in a very long time. I'm surprised this was even made into an anime in the first place. This strikes me as the kind of manga that typically never get adaptations. I'm not a big fan of Pierrot, but I have to admit they did a pretty terrific job here. The art and animation were top notch. They're clearly putting a lot of effort into this.

This reminded me a bit of Saya no Uta. Mainly the part with the main character waking up in a hospital only to find his perception of the world has been turned upside down (though for Tokyo Ghoul's main character, it's only his sense of taste that has changed, so he's not that bad off). Looking forward to seeing how the MC is going to struggle with this.

Now, the bad: Kana Hanazawa's character got killed off in the first episode
And here I was delighted she was playing a psycho again.
Old 2014-07-03, 12:53   Link #24
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

So... there is no 'official' announcement that the anime is just 12 episodes, right? Just conjecture so far? The fact that Yamori appeared right off the bat is making me feel pretty nauseous.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 13:33   Link #25
bakato

Can you believe our protagonist is 18?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 13:33   Link #26
Mr Nr

Oh my word that was a brilliant first episode. I mean everything was top notch the pacing, how it slowly introduce us to this horrific story and Ken's life turning upside down. The animation was amazing considering this is Pierrot were talking about. I mean how did they get the budget for this when there usually iffy? Must the animation team. The directing was also incredible and really neat choices he did. I knew it was considering the director previous works are very interesting. Also yeah I kinda knew Rize was going to be that girl in the intro, just had that gut feeling and also Hana Kana's voice too (who was really good). Also probs to Natsuki Hanae for his role as Ken, a great voice actor. Granted they may have cut some things out from the manga (haven't read it) but this still was an excellent first episode. Only negative I could think of is the censoring but not sure whether it's Funi or that's how it was on television. Anyway really excited for more.
Mr Nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 13:43   Link #27
LG-MAX 2.o

the episode had op?

and if had, by chance appeared.

Spoiler for spoiler:
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 13:47   Link #28
ookamigirl

Gruesome. Dark. Disturbing. Perfect!
Just what I was waiting for.
Normal world vs ghoul world sharing the same reality.
Damn, poor kid felt right into that trap.
Think that doctor made some kind of an experiment out of him.
Will be watching this one.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 13:48   Link #29
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

^ I assumed it was probably intentional

Nothing much to be said, apart from I enjoyed the episode, like the show so far and look forward to the next one. Really looking forward to this one, you can never have enough solid horror shows.
Oh.. and it wasn't particularly gore-y in my opinion, about standard for what I'd expect from this type of show- ymmv, of course, but it's all censored anyways.
Old 2014-07-03, 13:51   Link #30
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Animation quality is good. The censoring bothers me a bit, but otherwise it's great. It's been a while since i read the beginning of the manga, but i think mostly everything important is intact, except for Yamori in the beginning that clearly wasn't in the manga so i'm a bit worried.
Old 2014-07-03, 14:01   Link #31
Baldurkai
Ultra durable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
^ I assumed it was probably intentional

Nothing much to be said, apart from I enjoyed the episode, like the show so far and look forward to the next one. Really looking forward to this one, you can never have enough solid horror shows.
Oh.. and it wasn't particularly gore-y in my opinion, about standard for what I'd expect from this type of show- ymmv, of course, but it's all censored anyways.
Id just like to say I agree with your views on the interested to watch the next episode but i disagree with the gore-y comment, i found it rather gorey and scary, shame it was censored i believe it would have been better if they did not cover that up.
Baldurkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 14:06   Link #32
MgMaster

Damn...that was disturbing. A pretty good portrayal of how someone would probably feel after finding out that they have to eat flesh to live,and apparently strictly human flesh too. Hell,vampires have it easy compared to these guys.

Even though I get scared pretty easily,I really hope it'll keep it's serious tone throughout it's run.
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 14:10   Link #33
DorkingtonPugsly

They changed a bunch of small stuff around but that's usual and I'm sure some of it will come up in the next episode or two.
As a series fanboy I was quite meh about the censoring and stuff but I'm getting the bd's so that won't really be a problem, I'll just have to get used to it for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut View Post
The fact that Yamori appeared right off the bat is making me feel pretty nauseous.
I know right? :c
Old 2014-07-03, 14:15   Link #34
Tranhieu

Pretty fast pacing for a 1st ep, but I was totally into it! Personally I expected it to have been more gorey (is this even a word?) but I'm totally fine with what the 1st ep offered. What scared me more was actually the way Kaneki turned traumatized after realizing he wasn't human anymore. His reactions are just so... real that it's disturbing and amazing at the same time!

It'd be great if it's a split cour, but having seen the 1st episode, I think I'm gonna settle with a single cour, as long they can keep its quality consistent.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 14:25   Link #35
LoveYouSaber

I'm not a fan of gore, but seeing the comments in the thread and watching the PV, I'm attracted to the anime's other qualities. Would someone be kind enough to comment whether the gore level to be expected for this series approaches that of Corpse Party or Pupa, and whether there's going to be a lot of fighting and battles? I might accept certain levels of gore in order to watch good fights and battles. Thanks!
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 14:31   Link #36
Tranhieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYouSaber View Post
I'm not a fan of gore, but seeing the comments in the thread and watching the PV, I'm attracted to the anime's other qualities. Would someone be kind enough to comment whether the gore level to be expected for this series approaches that of Corpse Party or Pupa, and whether there's going to be a lot of fighting and battles? I might accept certain levels of gore in order to watch good fights and battles. Thanks!
I think the gore level here is pretty mild but maybe it's just me , not to mention it's gonna get censored anyway.

There's gonna be battles, loads of battles.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 14:34   Link #37
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

Well, I'll wait for an uncensored version here. Too much black screen for me.
Old 2014-07-03, 14:34   Link #38
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYouSaber View Post
Yep, I doubt there'll ever be two consecutive episodes without fights
Old 2014-07-03, 15:14   Link #39
Wandering Soul

It was pretty good for a first episode. I haven't watched a gory anime in a while. They also did a good job of portraying how someone would feel if they have lost their humanity and now had to eat others in order to survive.

I am somewhat skeptical that they couldn't tell the difference between a ghoul corpse or human corpse but I can overlook that. I will definitely be watching this.
Old 2014-07-03, 15:37   Link #40
ellifeedn
Thinker

I wished the older thread could have been linked to this one.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psychological, violence